Don't have an account? Create one!

Avenged Sevenfold

AuthorMessage
Doll Parts
Salute You in Your Grave
Doll Parts
August 25th, 2008 at 07:43am
THEY PULLED OUT OF READING!!!!!!!! i was soo annoyed!!

all a7x fans that came to reading hate leeds because of it!

what happened was when we came into the arena on sunday there was a sign saying:

Avenged Sevenfold have had to pull out due to vocal problems on doctors orders!

who was the fucking doctor? what an arsehole i mean they still could have played and got a guest singer or let the crowd sing? i mean metallica did it at download for the drummer!

hopefully they'll play next year!
myharlequinromance-x
Killjoy
myharlequinromance-x
August 26th, 2008 at 01:28pm
Omfg i didn't know they pulled out! :O
I wasn't at the reading and leeds festival, but i would have watched it on tv Neutral
awk well.
amazing band, one of my favourites (:
ATTACK
Bleeding on the Floor
ATTACK
August 26th, 2008 at 11:38pm
AGHHH. I know!!!
I do hope Matt gets better though. My friend, who is an obsessive A7X fan, worse than me, said that he fucked his vocal chords again or something along those lines. I spent well over an hour of flipping out when I heard about it. :[[
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
August 27th, 2008 at 02:56am
Doll Parts:
THEY PULLED OUT OF READING!!!!!!!! i was soo annoyed!!

all a7x fans that came to reading hate leeds because of it!

what happened was when we came into the arena on sunday there was a sign saying:

Avenged Sevenfold have had to pull out due to vocal problems on doctors orders!

who was the fucking doctor? what an arsehole i mean they still could have played and got a guest singer or let the crowd sing? i mean metallica did it at download for the drummer!

hopefully they'll play next year!

Why? Is it Leeds fault the band pulled out?

It's a little different when you vocalist strains his vocal chords.
That sort of defeats the entire purpose of having the band play, with a completely different singer.
The only frontman that Matt resembles is Axl Rose, and something tells me Axl really wouldn't be up for the gig.
So as for your suggestion about getting a guest vocalist - not all that practical.
And having the crowd sing? Is that really value for your money?
If you want to have a fan sing, go on Youtube.

Plus, it's not like the band pulled out because Matt had a cold.
He caused injury to his vocal chords. It's not the first time this has happened.
So he needs to recover, if you want the band to continue existing.

As much as it sucks for the people that have tickets, A7X are one band that'll always make it up to you by touring there asap.
They did after they pulled out of their British COE tour - the first place they went to after releasing the self-titled was Britain.
Give the guys some credit.
Doll Parts
Salute You in Your Grave
Doll Parts
August 27th, 2008 at 08:21am
I personally am not saying its leeds fault! my mate said that and pretty much most of the a7x fans i met at reading

anyway Reading hates Leeds i have no idea why but they do
Toki
Really Not Okay
Toki
August 27th, 2008 at 02:19pm
I was at Reading for Sunday and pretty annoyed that first Slipknot then Avenged had pulled out - left a huge gap in the line up. The only metal band left was Metallica.

Metallica were insane though - just amazing, and worth the £70 ticket price just on there own, so it made up for Slipknot and Avenged not being there.
matfew churlz sanduz
Shotgun Sinner
matfew churlz sanduz
September 10th, 2008 at 03:29am
I've heard a few of the B-Sides and I have to say, they are pretty damn good.
To be honest, I prefer most of them to a number of the songs on the album.
I'm not too sure why they didn't put those ones on the album instead of the crap ones, but hey, whatevz. XD
for reasons unknown
Awake and Unafraid
for reasons unknown
September 12th, 2008 at 01:21pm
i can't believe they're not touring at all in september.
i know matt strained his voice, but still, all of september?!
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
September 15th, 2008 at 09:48am
matfew churlz sanduz:
I've heard a few of the B-Sides and I have to say, they are pretty damn good.
To be honest, I prefer most of them to a number of the songs on the album.
I'm not too sure why they didn't put those ones on the album instead of the crap ones, but hey, whatevz. XD

what songs do you define as crap though?

the only mediocre song I think the band have is 'Dear God.' To me, it defines filler track.
but, I do think that the presses defining the self titled album as wholy B-sides is unduly done. That album is so progressive it's shocking. I still can't stop listening to it months later.
matfew churlz sanduz
Shotgun Sinner
matfew churlz sanduz
September 18th, 2008 at 11:09pm
^ I dislike Dear God and Lost a lot.
I think they're mediocre songs that don't really need to be on the album at all.
I dislike Dear God because I'm not one for slower songs (just like I don't particularly like Seize The Day either),
I just really dislike the sound of Lost. The whole Talk Box thing is just irritating to me.
I think The Fight, Girl I Know and Dancing Dead are all much 'better' songs.
But that's just my own personal preference.

The thing is, the B-Sides are just as progressive, if not more so, as the songs on the album. So if they wanted to go in the 'progressive' direction, why did they put something like 'Dear God' on there?
To sell more albums? Probably.
Which is their own beef, I don't really care if they put it on there or not. I just won't be listening to it any time soon.
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
September 19th, 2008 at 04:33pm
well, in a review of LBC in Kerrang! today, they slated the B sides for their lyrical content but as I have yet to get it, I can't comment.
I do completely agree with you on Dear God but then again, just like most things, it's subjective.
matfew churlz sanduz
Shotgun Sinner
matfew churlz sanduz
September 20th, 2008 at 01:17am
^ What do you mean by slated "their lyrical content" ?
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
September 20th, 2008 at 03:46pm
I have the review right in front of me and it says this:
'The second disc in thecase is a comparatively meagre CD of little heard A7c odds and ends, a few covers and a couple of pointless 'alternate' versions of existing songs. Most of this material was discarded after the recording of the band's last album and you don't need a PhD to work out why. Dmons, Girl I know and Crossroads would be spicy enough coming from an ungisned band from Corby, but from Avenged Sevenfold they're simply not good enough.'

That's not the whole thing though, it's too long to type Tehe
for reasons unknown
Awake and Unafraid
for reasons unknown
September 20th, 2008 at 06:58pm
where can you find the b-sides?
XxRIPTHEREVxX
Killjoy
XxRIPTHEREVxX
September 20th, 2008 at 08:50pm
i love them.

the rev is crazy on the drums. synyster gates and zacky vengenance are AWESOME on the guitar, johnny christ kicks a** on the bass, and m. shadows has a f*cking great voice.

the first dong that i thought i had heard by them was Bat Country, then i heard Unholy Confessions and was like "OMFG i've heard this song before!!! i love this song!!!!!

i really want to see them....really, really badly....hopefully they will come to someplace near where i live this year or next year.

maybe.....
loki.
Bulletproof Heart
loki.
September 21st, 2008 at 03:14pm
I love all their b-sides. I haven't watched the dvd yet,
but I will.
Oh, and
THEY'RE COMING NOVEMBER FIFTH.
HOLY SHIT.
-dies-
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
September 21st, 2008 at 04:16pm
see you who's going to see them?
go and fucking headbang like crazy.
that's what I did 'cause I had to go balcony and couldn't even TRY and get barrier, they're insane live.

you can probably find the B-sides on a download site or on the CD itself. obviously.
matfew churlz sanduz
Shotgun Sinner
matfew churlz sanduz
September 22nd, 2008 at 08:46am
Fatal Madonna.:
I have the review right in front of me and it says this:
'The second disc in thecase is a comparatively meagre CD of little heard A7c odds and ends, a few covers and a couple of pointless 'alternate' versions of existing songs. Most of this material was discarded after the recording of the band's last album and you don't need a PhD to work out why. Dmons, Girl I know and Crossroads would be spicy enough coming from an ungisned band from Corby, but from Avenged Sevenfold they're simply not good enough.'
Wow, that's an interesting review.
I wouldn't agree at all (except maybe about the 'alternate' songs that are on the album anyway), but I'm pretty bias anyway. XD

Also, I went to an Avenged, Atreyu and Bullet concert not that long ago, got to the barrier and found it really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.
Actually, I found the Alexisonfire moshpit (of which I was also at the barrier) worse than the Avenged moshpit.
I dunno, maybe it's because I was expecting the worst. XD
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
September 23rd, 2008 at 03:20pm
I don't mean crowd insane, I mean band insane. like how good they are.
the crowd looked pretty mellow from what I could see too. Smiley

I wouldn't read too much into the Kerrang! review though because Kerrang! are quite questionalbe now-a-days. they're really becoming twats with certain bands and certain music which is so annoying.
matfew churlz sanduz
Shotgun Sinner
matfew churlz sanduz
September 24th, 2008 at 03:43am
Haha, right.
Yeah, that the guys are.
Syn is far more crazy and... more of a cock-tease than I thought he was.
Lol, still good entertainment though. XD