Don't have an account? Create one!

Lost track of your favorite thread?

AuthorMessage
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
June 7th, 2008 at 12:41pm
hiphip hooray for me:
i would just like to know, if somebody has the links that were posted on the media request thread like 'leakage channel', ebooks and stuff like that. The links were always on the first post on the first page, so if somebody has that link that would really be a big help. Thank you

Uhh, use Google; we took that thread away for a reason.
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
June 7th, 2008 at 01:47pm
ignore.
The Master.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Master.
June 7th, 2008 at 02:24pm
mein herz brennt
Jazz Hands
mein herz brennt
June 7th, 2008 at 06:59pm
oh well i will miss the media requests threads
mein herz brennt
Jazz Hands
mein herz brennt
June 7th, 2008 at 07:00pm
but what about the mcr downloads thread
NoOneCanTouchUs
Joining The Black Parade
NoOneCanTouchUs
June 7th, 2008 at 07:11pm
Well this sucks. I understand the reasoning but it still sucks. And yeah I do the same thing, download something, and if I like it, I buy it.

Also I was also wondering about the MCR Downloads thread?

Edit: Nevermind, I just noticed that was gone too.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
June 7th, 2008 at 08:41pm
foreverthesickestkid:
Well I'm pissed that media requests is gone.
Gerard said once in an interview..
"Download music to see if you like it, if you like it, buy it."
That's why i fucking came on here..to find new music. That's how I fucking found MCR..well my friend let me borrow Three Cheers and I put it on my computer...and then I loved it so I bought it.

GREAT! Calm your happy self down and get a BitTorrent client, then download all the crap you want that way. Not only do we not need this site being shut down because "Gerard said", we also do not live our entire lives by his every word! If you must download, which I do frequently, why in the world would you do it so publicly? Did Gerard say to get yourself caught? Didn't think so. You DO lose internet for that. God, take a chill pill and quit trying to rip us a new one for obeying copyright laws.
Cherokee
Banned
Cherokee
June 8th, 2008 at 08:00am

Isn't there any way to make this legal?
alaska 5000
Tragic With a Capital T
alaska 5000
June 8th, 2008 at 08:34am
Cherokee:
well unless you're an MP or something and have a valid backing reason for making it allowed, then no.

file sharing of copyrighted material is illegal. no buts about it.
but file sharing of uncopyrighted material isn't.
say, i were to just go to youtube and go on quick capture and sing idk, something by lil' chris and i didn't put "(c) to rachel walker, 2008" or something of the likes then letting people upload that/download it wouldn't be illegal because it wasn't copyrighted.

if you take something copyrighted without permission (which would be paying the right amount of money for a download/cd) then it's basically illegal, right?

it's like going to a petrol station and driving off without paying for it, kinda.
(yes, i've been watching too many car cop programs).
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
June 8th, 2008 at 10:00am
Paolo Nutini:
GREAT! Calm your happy self down and get a BitTorrent client, then download all the crap you want that way. Not only do we not need this site being shut down because "Gerard said", we also do not live our entire lives by his every word! If you must download, which I do frequently, why in the world would you do it so publicly? Did Gerard say to get yourself caught? Didn't think so. You DO lose internet for that. God, take a chill pill and quit trying to rip us a new one for obeying copyright laws.
I don't live my life by his every word, thanks.
SORRY.
Cherokee
Banned
Cherokee
June 8th, 2008 at 02:20pm
rachel strikes back.:
Cherokee:
well unless you're an MP or something and have a valid backing reason for making it allowed, then no.

file sharing of copyrighted material is illegal. no buts about it.
but file sharing of uncopyrighted material isn't.
say, i were to just go to youtube and go on quick capture and sing idk, something by lil' chris and i didn't put "(c) to rachel walker, 2008" or something of the likes then letting people upload that/download it wouldn't be illegal because it wasn't copyrighted.

if you take something copyrighted without permission (which would be paying the right amount of money for a download/cd) then it's basically illegal, right?

it's like going to a petrol station and driving off without paying for it, kinda.
(yes, i've been watching too many car cop programs).

Hey, I got all my MCr songs from non-copyrigh websites.
Can't we just link it to there. It's such a shame.
Mass Hysteria
Killjoy
Mass Hysteria
June 8th, 2008 at 06:33pm
I think what people are getting at is that it has been there so easy for so long, and it appears that only now do you guys know it's against the law, or something. As if it hasn't been obvious for years. Really the thread should have been taken away a long time ago; getting defensive about file sharing is a bit hypocritical this far down the road, when it's been going on here for a long time, and the whole time it's been illegal and damaging to the music industry.
whitney.
Shotgun Sinner
whitney.
June 8th, 2008 at 07:45pm
My Media Requests thread is gone!
How depressing :/
Oh well, it's for the best for INO, I suppose.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
June 8th, 2008 at 10:51pm
foreverthesickestkid:
Paolo Nutini:
I don't live my life by his every word, thanks.
SORRY.

Forgiven. :]
colin meloy.
Bulletproof Heart
colin meloy.
June 9th, 2008 at 07:24pm
Haha, all the missing graphics threads had me totally confused at first.
I'm mentioning this way late, but.. whateverrrr.
Lostinstereo_
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Lostinstereo_
June 10th, 2008 at 01:15pm
How come all of a sudden the media requests thread got deleted, surely you guys all knew that it was illegal when It was first made anyway?
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
June 10th, 2008 at 05:41pm
Emergency-:
How come all of a sudden the media requests thread got deleted, surely you guys all knew that it was illegal when It was first made anyway?

It was deleted because it's illegal. Just because we knew file-sharing was illegal when it was made doesn't mean the reason we deleted it has changed. =/
mastermind.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mastermind.
June 13th, 2008 at 03:18pm
you guys did the right thing. downloading is bullshit anyway. if you truley love an artist, pluck down the 14 bucks and buy the cd.
Illuminatist
Salute You in Your Grave
Illuminatist
June 16th, 2008 at 04:04am
Blah! Why did you have to delete the song request thread. Oh well..bugger!!
Illuminatist
Salute You in Your Grave
Illuminatist
June 16th, 2008 at 04:15am
mastermind.:
you guys did the right thing. downloading is bullshit anyway. if you truley love an artist, pluck down the 14 bucks and buy the cd.

I'm willing to spend any amount of money for a cd if I like the artists/bands. The reason request thread or torrents exists so people can identify the album if it's really worth the money. Not everyone will likely to buy a cd if they don't like the entire album. Some people are only a track-listener.

And this isnt bad at all. Bands/artists have accepted these facts already. Muse for example thanks torrents because of that people outside UK found about them.

Just my 2 cents