Don't have an account? Create one!

"Good Morning Heartache"

AuthorMessage
colin meloy.
Bulletproof Heart
colin meloy.
June 25th, 2008 at 02:26pm
I'm pretty decent with graphics and layouts.
Here's my myspace. Eeeevrythaaaaang on there I did myself.
Lounge Fly
Bleeding on the Floor
Lounge Fly
June 26th, 2008 at 05:18am
Okay my part will take a few days, cause I got a shitload of homework.
We Are The Ocean
Salute You in Your Grave
We Are The Ocean
June 26th, 2008 at 11:42am
http://www.mp3.com/artist/heatherg/songs/
You can download my recording there, who's going to put it all together?
colin meloy.
Bulletproof Heart
colin meloy.
June 26th, 2008 at 09:53pm
Shadow666:
Okay my part will take a few days, cause I got a shitload of homework.

I'm gonna be gone all weekend, so mine'll have to get delayed a bit too.
Really sorry about that. I was planning on doing it Friday, since I'd be alone for a few hours so it would be quiet, but it turns out I won't be here then either, so I'll try to get it done monday or tuesday. Reallyreallyreallyreally sorry guys. D:
Crying or Very sad
Lounge Fly
Bleeding on the Floor
Lounge Fly
June 27th, 2008 at 03:52am
Trivium.:
http://www.mp3.com/artist/heatherg/songs/
You can download my recording there, who's going to put it all together?

Nice. One question; do you guys want to cover Prison instead of GOY? Cause I'm not that good at GOY, but I'm comfortable with Prison plus it's an easier song all around. I don't mind playing the rhythm if Heather wants to do Ray's part, as long as I play lead if and when we start doing originals.
We Are The Ocean
Salute You in Your Grave
We Are The Ocean
June 27th, 2008 at 10:30am
I'm okay with that, but I'm going to do it again anyway, because my dad's phone records better.
It's funny though because I prefer playing other people's solos but not ones I've made up myself and your the opposite Laughing
Hobob
Jazz Hands
Hobob
June 27th, 2008 at 03:40pm
im fine with that
Lounge Fly
Bleeding on the Floor
Lounge Fly
June 27th, 2008 at 07:24pm
I just make solos up as I go all the time. If you asked me to play the same one again, I wouldn't be able to. Plus it's my way of showing that even though most of my riffs/chord patterns are simple, I can actually play guitar.

I'm also working on a new song that I think we should play once we complete the Prison cover. I've so far come up with the lead and rhythm guitar lines and half the lyrics. If you want to know the tabs, let me know. It's loosely based on Wonderwall by Oasis.
We Are The Ocean
Salute You in Your Grave
We Are The Ocean
June 28th, 2008 at 12:01pm
Ok, can you give me the tabs please?
Lounge Fly
Bleeding on the Floor
Lounge Fly
June 28th, 2008 at 05:04pm
Once I write them on my computer I'll post them here.
Lounge Fly
Bleeding on the Floor
Lounge Fly
June 28th, 2008 at 09:29pm
Here's the tab for both parts.

Intro
Guitar 2 (clean)
e----7---6-----7--7--5--5-----7--7--7--7--------------------------------------------------
B----8---7-----8--8--6--6-----8--8---7--7---6--6--7--5----------------------------------
G----8--7-----8--8--6--6-----8--8---8--8---6--6--7--5----------------------------------
D----7--6-----7--7--5--5-----7--7---8--8---5--5--6--4----------------------------------
A----7--6-----7--7--5--5-----7--7---7--7-------------------------------------------------
E----7--6-----7--7--5--5-----7--7---7--7-------------------------------------------------

Verse
Guitar 2 repeat intro (x2)
Guitar 1 (slightly distorted) (x2)
e-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D----5--4--5--5--3--3--5--5--4--3---12--11--10----------------------------------------
A------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chorus
Guitar 1 and 2 (heavy distortion)
e-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D ----5--4--5--5--3--3--5--5--4--3---12--11--10----------------------------------------
A------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
then
e--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G----------------------------------------------5--5--4--------5----4---------------------------------
D---5--5--4--4----------------5----------------------------------------------------------------------
B-----------------5--5--4--4-----5--4--3------------5--4-----------5--4-------------------------

Verse 2
Both guitars repeat Verse 1
Chorus

Solo
Guitar 1 plays solo (improvise)
Guitar 2 plays intro (xCool

e----7---6-----7--7--5--5-----7--7--7--7--------------------------------------------------
B----8--7-----8--8--6--6-----8--8---7--7---6--6--7--5----------------------------------
G----8--7-----8--8--6--6-----8--8---8--8---6--6--7--5----------------------------------
D----7--6-----7--7--5--5-----7--7---8--8---5--5--6--4----------------------------------
A----7--6-----7--7--5--5-----7--7---7--7-------------------------------------------------
E----7--6-----7--7--5--5-----7--7---7--7-------------------------------------------------

Bridge (could be shortened or replaced with a bass line, I haven’t decided yet)
Guitar 1 may continue solo if I’m really into it, but will finish after the first two or three notes.

Guitar 2 (clean) (x2)

e---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D-------------5--4--4----------------------------------------------------------------------------
A------------------------5--4--4--4--------------------------------------------------------------
E--------------------------------------5--5--4--4--3--3--2--2----------------------------------

then
e------------------------------------------------------------------------------5------------------------
B---5--4--4--------------------------5------5--4--4--------------5-----5--------------------------
G-------------5--4--4-----5-----5------5----------5--4--4---5-----5------------------------------
D------------------------------5------------------------------------------------------------------------
A--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Verse 3
Repeat Verse 1 and 2
Chorus
End with short solo (Guitar 1)
We Are The Ocean
Salute You in Your Grave
We Are The Ocean
June 29th, 2008 at 08:43am
Can you record both parts please so I can get the rhythm please?
Hobob
Jazz Hands
Hobob
June 29th, 2008 at 09:09am
i would also like to hear it.. i dont play guitar well so i cant play it lol
but i wanna hear it so i can write the bass part
Lounge Fly
Bleeding on the Floor
Lounge Fly
June 30th, 2008 at 01:22am
I'll record it in a few days, but it won't sound that good.
We Are The Ocean
Salute You in Your Grave
We Are The Ocean
June 30th, 2008 at 10:55am
I'm writing a song at the moment, but i've only got the intro/verse and chorus done
colin meloy.
Bulletproof Heart
colin meloy.
June 30th, 2008 at 02:12pm
Haha, man. I should've checked the thread, because I just recrded GoY. Hahaha.
I'm fine with Guys in Prison though, so I guess I'll lay that one down while I've got my recording stuff set up.

Link.
I'll probably redo it though, since I kind of had an "oh shit" moment when I kind of forgot what to play on the bridge. Haha. i just made something up.
The rest is alright though.
We Are The Ocean
Salute You in Your Grave
We Are The Ocean
July 1st, 2008 at 10:53am
Ah I need to record mine, I'll do it tonight or tomorrow
Brand New.
Demolition Lover
Brand New.
July 2nd, 2008 at 12:51am
Yeah, I'm happy with Prison. (:
I'm telling you guys now, though.
I haven't listened to the song in forever, so I forget if there's screaming or not,
but if there is, I can't scream.
:/
Like, at all.

And, when should I record my part?
Lounge Fly
Bleeding on the Floor
Lounge Fly
July 2nd, 2008 at 04:52am
I just broke my D string, so my part will take a while.

Like I said earlier, I reckon we should record the drums, then bass, then rhythm guitar, then lead and finally vocals.

There is a bit of screaming in the solo; I don't mind recording that unless anyone objects cause I can (sort of) scream though I'm not at Frank or Bert level.
Brand New.
Demolition Lover
Brand New.
July 2nd, 2008 at 01:03pm
Okay. (:
So, now I know when to record. XD
And,
if you can scream at all, I think it would be great for you to record it, Shadow.
So, no objection from me. XD