Don't have an account? Create one!

House Bill 17

AuthorMessage
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
September 4th, 2008 at 08:05am
Okay, so basically, the House Bill 17 states that all students from grades 5 and above have to learn about sex education.
This includes the learning of information about contraceptives and safe sex in order to prevent the abortion and teen pregnancy rate.

Apparently, this is what pro-House Bill says.

For one, I believe that, contrary to what is stated in this article, it is about religion, and about morals, and about the wrongness of encouraging pre-marital sex due to the fact that students will think it is alright to do such, as the government approves and encourages the use of contraceptives. And, with this information, they now will assume that it is impossible to encounter teen pregnancy during these said times of having pre-marital sex, due to the fact that contraceptives are given such a good name, when, in fact, contraceptives are not necessarily fool-proof.

I don't know about what all of you think. But please don't argue, or make a scene.
I really just want to find out your opinions on this bill, and whether you think it is beneficial to us or not.

Thanks, you guys. (:
Lelouch Lamperouge
Always Born a Crime
Lelouch Lamperouge
September 4th, 2008 at 08:20am
Well, I think its good because kids would learn more but they should be informed that they are still young, and shoudn't try, even out of curiosity. True what ate Aimee said, contraceptives aren't fool-proof.
ciara.
Crash Queen
ciara.
September 4th, 2008 at 08:28am
I'm against the contraceptives thing.
Siguro bago ituro yung about dun, dapat munang i-make sure na naintindihan ng mga bata na pre-marital sex is a big no NO.
Like what you've said, children will think it's alright to do such, kasi may contraceptives and stuff, so nababawasan ung risk.
Well, I also think it's not only about the risks. But also the religion and the morals.
So... :/
calculated sacrifice
Shotgun Sinner
calculated sacrifice
September 4th, 2008 at 08:34am
Sometimes I wonder when our goverment's gonna crack, and look, its happening now. People might think that contraceptives actually help control the population of the country, which is, you know, one of our major problems, but the real answer to this kind of problem consists of only 8 words.

Keep it in your pants until your married.

Because, honestly, seeing that were one of the largest Catholic countries in the world, what would the other countries think if they found out that "we" had agreed to the use of contraceptives and to give sex ed to children as young as about 10, 11, 12 years old? Its just not right.

And like what bb said, contraceptives *coughcoughcondomscough* dont always work. They sometimes are the root of the problem.
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
September 4th, 2008 at 08:37am
but to say that they are only looking out for the interest of our country, is that right?
Because we all have to understand that the government has stopped getting contraceptives from the US. Which is why they're doing this - it adds to our taxes, which they will use to buy contraceptives.
And they have to understand that it IS about morals.
Use of contraceptives is a sin. It's against the church.
Why should we use contraceptives if we're married, anyway, unless we really will undergo pre-marital sex, which, in itself, is also a sin.
And use of contraception also is a sin, because it's not abortion, but it is used to avoid and prevent pregancy, which is pretty much the same thing - you're stopping a person, a baby, from living.
So, they're asking us to prevent abortion. But why?
Isn't it that they do it to protect human rights, TO PROTECT OUR MORALS?
Then why should we protect our said morals from abortion, if we're just going to scar our morals again by learning and using contraceptives in pre-marital sex? That's like, two sins at once, anyway.
Both, in itselves, are sins. Things against morals.
They're saying that it's not about our morals, but it is.

*headdesk*

I am not making any sense.
gossip girl.
Always Born a Crime
gossip girl.
September 4th, 2008 at 09:01am
gosh.
THE PEOPLE ARE MAD!i mean,SRSLY? what are they thinking?
kids that age should not be that much "aware".
it's not like they're gonna understand it at a very young age you know.
that's soooooo wrong.
teaching it in the senior year is more appropriate, because they need to be aware at that age.

ang random nung mga taoNeutral
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
September 4th, 2008 at 09:17am
I know, but it's not only about the awareness.
It's the fact that contraceptives aren't good for... well... anyone, really.
I mean, why use it, when you can just wait until you get lawfully and morally allowed to have sex?
party poison.
Salute You in Your Grave
party poison.
September 4th, 2008 at 09:23am
i'm kinda agree with this, kasi laganap na yung kaso ng premarital sex nowadays.
kaso parang napakabata ng grade 5 para pag-aralan un..
di ba pwedeng mga 3rd to 4th year high school?
ciara.
Crash Queen
ciara.
September 4th, 2008 at 09:29am
^ kaya nga eh. feeling ko dapat ituro ng ages 15 onwards, or something.
wag naman ung grade 5 Neutral
and dapat di i-encourage ung pag gamit ng contraceptives, dapat maging mahigpit about pre-marital sex.
Lelouch Lamperouge
Always Born a Crime
Lelouch Lamperouge
September 4th, 2008 at 09:32am
Kung naaalala ko pa, grade... 5 tinuro yon sa amin.
ciara.
Crash Queen
ciara.
September 4th, 2008 at 09:36am
oh. iba-iba talaga. i started learning about it only in grade 6, and di pa ganun ka-clear. talagang nagka-idea ako... biology na (2nd year HS :/ ) Shocked

anyways, depends on the way they'll present sex-ed sa mga bata.
grade 5's... oh gosh.

about the contraceptives thingy... stiiiill against it.
lorilee krizelle.
In The Murder Scene
lorilee krizelle.
September 4th, 2008 at 11:41am
i'm not agaisnt any of this.
mainly because pre-marital sex really DOES happen, usually to teenagers like us. that is their choice, they want to have sex, let them be. wala naman tayo magagawa sa gusto nila. i favor contraceptives and such so taht they can control if they like to have a child or not. kasi what if nabuntis yung girl, and ipapaabort lang? thats just inhuman.

i'm not saying that this Sex-Ed thing for grade 5 students encourage them to think that pre-marital sex is alright. i mean, teachers would have the commone sense to tell those students about important values and other things i suppose.
Liek teh lulz!
Salute You in Your Grave
Liek teh lulz!
September 5th, 2008 at 05:45am
I think dapat sa highschool na lang ituro yun. Parang masyado pang inosente yung mga grade 5, eh.
androidgirl
Motor Baby
androidgirl
September 5th, 2008 at 11:47am
i think its a must, since its the best way to get the youth informed about sex in general....
i also think that kids in the 5th grade are old enough to understand those kind of shit. and hello, young teens are like pregnant now, and teaching them about sex may make them realize about the risks of having sex in such a young age.

bottom line: its also important for population control.
lorilee krizelle.
In The Murder Scene
lorilee krizelle.
September 5th, 2008 at 05:59pm
anti-alyssa.:
i think its a must, since its the best way to get the youth informed about sex in general....
i also think that kids in the 5th grade are old enough to understand those kind of shit. and hello, young teens are like pregnant now, and teaching them about sex may make them realize about the risks of having sex in such a young age.

bottom line: its also important for population control.

ditto. :]
`
Halifax.
Shotgun Sinner
Halifax.
September 5th, 2008 at 09:45pm
of course, yeah we need that kind of stuff.
nagtataka nga ako bat walang mga seminar seminar sa school namin about that lmfao
mas kailangan nga ng mga grade 5 and the like to dahil yung mga high school naman alam na rin yan eh! ewan ko lang ah, pero siguro kailangan pa rin kasi andami ngang nabubuntis ngayun....pero alam na rin naman nila, hindi lang nila ginagawa or sinusunod...
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
September 6th, 2008 at 01:58am
I'm apprehensive about the whole contraceptive thing.
Isn't it a sin? And using it for pre-marital sex is also a sin.
People should have the right to live. If they want to stop the whole abortion thing, then Ciara's right, I mean, you have to make stricter rules about pre-marital sex.
I'm sorry.
It's just super pang-religion ako.
And learning about that stuff can enduce so much sinning, and that's not right. They have to understand rin that we are a Catholic country.
I'm not saying we shouldn't learn sex-ed. But maybe they should consider some points wherein kids so young like grade five might become curious and try to use contraceptives.
The government should also state that they shouldn't make it sound like they approve of pre-marital sex. Because if everything like that is free and liberal, people might think that the government is immoral. Therefore, some people might make pasaway and say that they can do other immoral things, e.g. crimes, since the government isn't exactly the best moral standard this country provides.

*NOT PICKING A FIGHT. Cry just stating what my opinion is. Sorry.*
The Green Gentleman
Joining The Black Parade
The Green Gentleman
September 7th, 2008 at 06:22am
they should teach it in high school.
high school namin nilagay sa survey:

( ) Sex Education should be teach. 5 4 3 2 1

di ko in-encircle. nababad trip ako kung may nakikita akong ganyan eh lahat ng kaklase ko in-encircle 5 ako ini-skip ko na lang yan. kasi dapat mga high school lng natututo nyan

Elem years are way too young!
party poison.
Salute You in Your Grave
party poison.
September 7th, 2008 at 06:33am

atsaka kung ituturo yan sa mga Graders pa lang, mas lalo silang macucurious sa mga ganyan at baka sa ganoong edad eh matuto na silang mag-experiment. They don't have enough understanding about sex. unlike high school students, na mas madaling mamulat sa mga ganyang bagay. Malay ng Grade 5 kong pinsan sa ganyan? Disgust
lorilee krizelle.
In The Murder Scene
lorilee krizelle.
September 7th, 2008 at 07:04am
kindersex.:

atsaka kung ituturo yan sa mga Graders pa lang, mas lalo silang macucurious sa mga ganyan at baka sa ganoong edad eh matuto na silang mag-experiment. They don't have enough understanding about sex. unlike high school students, na mas madaling mamulat sa mga ganyang bagay. Malay ng Grade 5 kong pinsan sa ganyan? Disgust

hmmm. actually most grade 5 students KNOW about sex already. diba grade 5 tinuturo ang reproductive system?
maganda na din na habang tinuturo yun which is pag tinuro, pure science lang.
so i think its okay to open this SEX-Ed topic to them.