Don't have an account? Create one!

Are People With More Money Definitely Happier?

AuthorMessage
Be Brave Tonight
Killjoy
Be Brave Tonight
January 15th, 2009 at 10:51am
i cant change the title
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
January 15th, 2009 at 01:29pm
^^ You can. Click the edit button on the first post.

Be Brave Tonight
Killjoy
Be Brave Tonight
January 22nd, 2009 at 07:59am
yer i changed it.... anyway back to the point
i still want to here your veiws
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
January 22nd, 2009 at 12:23pm
You are happier with money if you live your life a certain way, being smart about what you spend your money on, and having a free mind about life without showing off and attracting people who only like you for your money.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
January 23rd, 2009 at 09:47am
Having or not having in and of itself does not determine a person's character. Some people obsess over money all their lives whether they have a lot of it or not. A person can be content living simply, and a person can be miserable in the lap of luxury. I think the argument is too simplistic.
K.K.
Bleeding on the Floor
K.K.
January 24th, 2009 at 05:19am
I believe people with money can be happy.
the.onething.
Killjoy
the.onething.
January 24th, 2009 at 06:42pm
mmm
i have a friend who has tons of money, but she hates who she is.
if you don't have self love, then none of it really matters, because in the end, all we've got is us, right?
i really like what deb said, "Having or not having in and of itself does not determine a person's character."
i personally believe that the way we see and carry ourselves contributes more to personal happiness than money, love, ect.
sorry my thoughts are so anti-organized. i'm bad at organization.
doctor.
In The Murder Scene
doctor.
January 25th, 2009 at 08:40am

That's an interesting point- self-love. I myself believe that self-love is the centre of everything. If you are not happy with yourself, you will not be happy with anything. In a mindset that you're awful and don't deserve fun, it becomes clear that you don't have fun. And the same can be said for money- if you don't love yourself, you're money will be unappreciated because it doesn't compensate for how you feel about yourself.

I, myself, believe having money does help especially when there are so many stresses within life. Not having to worry about where food comes from or knowing you can spend time with your new child because the bills are paid in, undoubtably, a comforting thought.

However, that's not to say that there is no happiness without money. Without money, things are appreciated more. Gifts come as more as a suprise and there is high satisfaction from knowing that you can now afford something that hard-work went into to purchase.
demon dean
Always Born a Crime
demon dean
January 25th, 2009 at 08:50pm
i think that money can provide happines for a certain amount of time, but it won't keep it there.
happiness can be forever, but money cannot.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
January 26th, 2009 at 09:40am
I think the issue is more that being without can contribute to a person's unhappiness. For those who have always had, that would be the norm to them anyway - they'd still have to go out there and make themselves happy. For those who inherit, there are pitfalls.