Don't have an account? Create one!

Technology.

AuthorMessage
Nikki.
Awake and Unafraid
Nikki.
June 4th, 2006 at 06:47pm
Are adolescents these days becoming too addicted to technology? Can this be harmful to them? Why or why not?
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
June 4th, 2006 at 06:50pm
Only if their parents allow them to run wild.

On school nights (back when I was in school), I wasn't allowed to watch more than one hour of tv.

There has to be limits. I don't think a teenager should watch tv or surf the internet all the time. Education is more important than chatting with friends online.
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
June 5th, 2006 at 03:39am
I probably spend too much time on the Internet.
But that's not to say I don't do my homework/assignments etc.
I just happen to be lucky that I can do many things at once.

I hardly ever watch TV though. Don't know why, it's just me.
And there are some girls around my age that cannot live without their mobile phone.
Well, my phone isn't a huge deal for me.
cocaine.
Shotgun Sinner
cocaine.
June 5th, 2006 at 03:49am
Same. It's there for me when I need it, my phone.

I take loads of photos of Hannah and I, because we're huge camera whores.

But I do spend a lot of time on the Internet... but I do my school work.
oceanic 815.
Full of Ephedrine
oceanic 815.
June 5th, 2006 at 10:44am
Some people that I know can't go a day without spending at least 4 hours at the computer.
Even though I use the computer a lot daily, I could survive without it.

Also many girls here are addicted to their mobile phones.
And not only young people.
Even my mom can't live without her mobile phone.

Because of all this technology our generation is called the 'couch potato' generation and I believe that it's no good for us to spend all our time watching TV or on the internet, when we could be outside, on fresh air and everything.
rockpapersuzi.
Always Born a Crime
rockpapersuzi.
June 5th, 2006 at 11:18am
Yeah, I am addicted to using the compy. And I also talk on the phone a lot.

I kinda agree that teenagers and kids these days are addicted to electronics and technology. My parents were raised in the 50's when TVs were just beginning to appear in the family home. They say it was a treat to watch 'cowboy and indian' shows on saturday mornings...that was all they really had as far as technology goes. Hm.
Hollywood Babylon.
Salute You in Your Grave
Hollywood Babylon.
June 5th, 2006 at 07:10pm
I'm on the computer a lot. But I hardly ever watch TV, maybe only 2 hours a week at the max. A lot of my homework is essays, so while I'm on the internet, I work on my homework at the same time.

I think some people spend too much time on it, though. I know a person who doesn't even come out of his room to eat or spend time with his family, which is very wrong.
Other.
Bleeding on the Floor
Other.
June 5th, 2006 at 08:03pm
I'm an internet junkie. Can't get through the day without being on the computer once. Though sometimes it's very nice to go out and do stuff. TV can be very educational. I love the history channel, animal planet, and I watch public television with my dad.
ByeHalyconDays
Bleeding on the Floor
ByeHalyconDays
June 5th, 2006 at 09:00pm
I like the internet. I'm on it alot. The only thing I have a problem with is IM-ing too much. I like it and I use it to keep in touch with my cousins who live out of state. but I don't like the fact that you get no emotion with it. Thats fine if your having some random conversation but you can't really have a semi-seruois talk because they is no emotion. plus people can print it out and show it to other people.
traumatized
Killjoy
traumatized
June 5th, 2006 at 10:40pm
^ Yeah. I'm on it like, everyday. I should stop.. it's a bit hard..
My parents have gone up to the point where they threaten to take my internet access away. I wouldn't be too happy if they did that.
dean moriarty.
Banned
dean moriarty.
June 5th, 2006 at 10:46pm
I'm definitely addicted to the internet. That is very bad.
I hardly ever watch TV except for the occasional SURS or Music Video premier or guest appearance. And the Office. I love the Office.
But... Youtube.com has caused me to watch less and less TV, and I only watch it, and only the OnDemand music videos, when I'm grounded from the computer.
Yes, I am lazy. Yes, I need to change that.
But I'm still alive [and I know that's a crappy point] and I seem to be doing fine.
I'm more worried about my mental health than my physical / addiction health at this point.
lynda is nonexistant
Bulletproof Heart
lynda is nonexistant
June 6th, 2006 at 12:22am
Yes, I do think that some people are too addicted to the internet. One example would be me. I'm online most of the time, and it's unhealthy. I'm trying to quit, but it's really difficult. I need to have more self-control and hopefully, I'll stop being online so much one day.

I think that the technology today is both good and bad. The good thing is that it makes life a lot more easier, but the bad is that it can get unhealthy for you.

Just my two cents.
Ares of the Cross
Salute You in Your Grave
Ares of the Cross
July 5th, 2006 at 11:55pm
I am am Internet and Video Game adict.
But I only use them after all my other chores are taken care of.
It is good and fun, but can suck up a social life.
Miss Americvnt
Bleeding on the Floor
Miss Americvnt
July 7th, 2006 at 02:59am
I am addicted to the internet. I stay on for hours on end, and it's usually just coming on INO or watching mind-numbing retarded videos on YouTube and AlbinoBlackSheep.

I'm also always found playing on my PS2 or something.

I don't make a big deal out of my mobile, and I don't want an iPod. I think they're a wate of time and money. Well, for me personally.

The strange thing is, I'm the most intelligent of my friends. They know this. They call me an overachiever because I made their school projects look bad. I do my assignments, and make good grades.
dee dee ramone.
Always Born a Crime
dee dee ramone.
July 9th, 2006 at 12:09pm
I go on the internet most days.
I talk on the phone most days. Not a mobile, the house phone.
Most of my friends cannot live without their mobile phones. I don't even know where the hell mine is, and do I even need one? Nope.
dee dee ramone.
Always Born a Crime
dee dee ramone.
July 9th, 2006 at 12:11pm
Oh yeah, i forgot the education bit.
Well, I have the highest grades out of all my friends. Out of all the class probably. But I probably spend the most time on the internet. Mostly MSN, INO, other online band forums, and playing weird games.
I have a Walkman and an iPod, but lately I've been using my Walkman more, because round my area people have been mugging people for iPods, so I'm just going to keep it at home for awhile.
OMG it's Jennie :0
Motor Baby
OMG it's Jennie :0
July 9th, 2006 at 12:38pm
I don't have a mobile so if I don't go on msn messenger, chances are I wont be invited out.
Sometimes I don't do my homework or I just do it in the canteen because I'm busy on the computer... but meh.
miss girl.
Banned
miss girl.
July 10th, 2006 at 01:36pm
i used to be on the internet up to 8 hours a day. i knew it was unhealthy, and it made my attutide change a bit (my parents told me this, i still think i act like i always did) and i was grounded off the internet. i dont watch much tv, and i like to read and draw. my parents say that i can be on the internet and watch tv and stuff because my life doesnt revolve around it. i read for hours on end finishing a book in one sitting. i draw a ton also. but if you are on the internet for hours and housr and talking on the phone and watching tv when you arent online, that is unhealthy.

usually when im on the internet im not watching cartoons and stuff. i go to youtube to listen to music i like that i dont own the cds of. i talk to my friends here on ino. my best friend i met on INO, and i can say he has done a hell of a lot for me, even major things like getting out of my cutting addiction. in ways like that, the internet has helped me. but myspace, people give away personal info and that is dangerous. a little internet everyday doesnt hurt, but being on too long is bad.
Antichrist Superstar
Bleeding on the Floor
Antichrist Superstar
July 23rd, 2006 at 07:37pm

times are changing
as the times change, so must we
parents need to get over the fact that things are not they way they were when they were kids

stupid socer moms who sit over thire kids shoulders and read thire e-mails, demand to know thire passwords, and only allow 20 minutes a day on the computer need to ligthen up. its 2006. its not 1968. techonlgy is advancing. and so are we. if they keep restricting thire children, eventually thire kids are going to rebel.

my mother lets me go on the computer as much as i want. i have my own laptop, with my own account. and becuase of this, i dont do stupid things on the internet because i know that i am trusted with it. i dont wanna mess that up.

My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 31st, 2006 at 01:27pm
Well, I must admit... I am addicted to techonology and stuff. If I'm not on msn or the internet, I'm texting ot talking on the phone, or watching TV, but I do also go to dancing and drama, so I guess that's good but it really annoys me when my parents moan at me for sitting at the computer, when I'm only looking for auditions and emailing casting directors etc, which really isn't fun but needs to be done