Don't have an account? Create one!

Dir en Grey

AuthorMessage
Number 0.05
Joining The Black Parade
Number 0.05
July 16th, 2007 at 02:27am
i actually went off mcr lately but when i saw in tiny writing dir en grey on the cover i sort of let out a ickle squeal under my breath
still this is someone who ran round virgin megastores with the album the marrow of a bone in her hand -.-'...
apple.
Always Born a Crime
apple.
August 2nd, 2007 at 01:45am
Dir en grey have announced a new domestic standing tour, TOUR07 DOZING GREEN. They will tour from Hokkaido to Fukuoka and have a 2 day exclusive shows only for fan club memberships in Kanagawa and Kyoto. If you are in Japan for then, 9/13-10/20, stop and see them! Tickets are 5,500 Yen , and for fan-club member exclusive shows, it only costs 4,800 Yen.

I hope for a U.S. tour following that one in early 2008!!
Midget666
Killjoy
Midget666
August 4th, 2007 at 06:00am
TBH Kerrang is really slow on the upcoming new bands especialy Dir En grey... I Heard the guys 2years ago..and kerrang are only just finding out abou them....
Number 0.05
Joining The Black Parade
Number 0.05
August 10th, 2007 at 01:56am
upcoming new bands Ha Ha
10 years..
yeah... new
lol
btw saw them ..2nd august
i want die
due to my new found dir love im leaving ths forum
cos i kinda hate mcr now..NOT IN A BAD WAY DONT KILL ME
(just ..its hard to explain ..i hate who i was when i liked them)
cos dir live make them look shit
waru if u wanna chat about dir n stuff pm me and ill add u on msn if u want
KYO FTW
HES THE BEST FRONTMAN IVE EVER SEEN Clap Clap Clap
Alice Cullen
Fabulous Killjoy
Alice Cullen
August 10th, 2007 at 03:52am
I LOVE Dir en grey, but I liked them a lot more when they were a visual kei band... they ditched the vkei style when they started touring outside Japan... : /
apple.
Always Born a Crime
apple.
August 10th, 2007 at 08:25pm
I loved their music as visual kei, too.
But even though they change their music style so much, I think that each stage was great.

Personally, the VULGAR and MACABRE eras were when they sounded best.
Number 0.05
Joining The Black Parade
Number 0.05
August 11th, 2007 at 03:35am
i love ever song
though listening to gauze today
i really wish the'yd start playing cage live again
Number 0.05
Joining The Black Parade
Number 0.05
August 25th, 2007 at 11:27pm
btw 2nd of august ruled
lots of dai eye contact *melt*
and kyo made me cry singing concived sorrow
oh and btw
kerrang really slated kyo in the review so im never buying it again Smile
and
i want daidais babies
LOL
apple.
Always Born a Crime
apple.
September 3rd, 2007 at 07:06pm
New Single
Dozing Green

【Track List】
DOZING GREEN
HYDRA -666-
AGITATED SCREAMS OF MAGGOTS [LIVE]
*LIVE take at PACIFICO YOKOHAMA on April 21, 2007

Release Date: 2007.10.24

apple.
Always Born a Crime
apple.
September 3rd, 2007 at 07:17pm
[edit;] It was a mistake, I think.
The page has been removed.
apple.
Always Born a Crime
apple.
September 12th, 2007 at 01:54pm
DIR EN GREY appears as GUEST ACT
in LINKIN PARK JAPAN TOUR 2007 update

LINKIN PARK, that is forerunner of the rock band in the 21 century.
Latest album "MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT" which got a first place in both Japan and US will be struck back to Japan.
Dir en grey has been chosen as a Guest Band for the LINKIN PARK Japan tour.

For both bands, it is a first time to perform at SAITAMA SUPER ARENA.
Both bands are working not only their home country but also working as a worldwide area and many medias are paying attention to them. Don’t miss the show!!

These two exciting bands will be on the same stage on November.

*Dir en grey performs only at SAITAMA SUPER ARENA on Nov 23 and 24.
apple.
Always Born a Crime
apple.
September 15th, 2007 at 06:42pm
Oh man, another post. This one affects Dir en grey and all the other japanese bands signed to Free-will.

Theft of 320,000,000 yen from a major advertising company: former company employee arrested
A former employee of the major advertising company Asatsu DK, INC and the executive of a music label were arrested in connection with fraud totaling 320,000,000 yen. In 2001, Kaku Kouichi* (39), a former employee of ADK, Tomioka Yuu [DYNAMITE TOMMY] (43), the president of the music label FREE-WILL, and Murasaki Ittoku (35) of the same firm placed a false order for costumes, concert costs, music video costs, and other overhead costs for the popular band Dir en grey, and are suspected of fradulently taking 324,000,000 yen from Asatsu DK, INC. The majority of the money was given to Tomioka by Kaku*. In regards to the investigation, Kaku* confessed to the charges while Tomioka denies them.

Sources:
One
Two

Yen to USD: approximately $2.8 million USD.

Quick synopsis of the translated posts (aka Tommygate for Dummies):

Kaku→works for ADK. Draws up a phony plan with Tommy to obtain money for Free-Will to fund a Dir en grey music video. He deposits an amount of money into three separate bank accounts: Free-Will's, the company in charge of producing the music video, and the man in charge of that company, Murasaki. To cover up his fraud, he issues a fake invoice to the company in charge of producing the video.

Tommy→Worried about operation expenses, Tommy uses the money to fund the label as a whole instead of using it for the Dir en grey video.

ADK→Discovers Kaku's fraud and fires him.

ADK→Takes the case to court and demands payment for their services.

August 2007
ADK→Takes Tommy and Free-Will to court, where he is ordered to pay the money owed.

September 14, 2007
Kaku Kouichi, Dynamite Tommy, and Murasaki Ittoku are arrested.

Edit 1: If anything drastic happens, note that every band on or affiliated with Free-Will will probably be affected.

Bands/labels controlled by Free-Will (note I only listed bands that are active):

+SunKrad
Dir en grey

+S’CUBE
Ruvie 
juliadoll
東京ミカエル。

+FREE-WILL
Rentrer en Soi
bis
the studs

+ism
kannivalism

+mother earth

**There are also labels involved with Free-Will in other ways. For example, Free-Will handles PS Company's distribution. They do the same for UNDER CODE, and also help with advertising.

Edit 2: THIS IS NOT TAX FRAUD.

Edit 3 (9/14 @ 6:50pm EST): According to Japanese fans, the sale of live tickets for quite a few Dir en grey concerts has been suspended.

Edit 4 (9/14 @ 9:51pm EST): I've been informed that JaME have posted this news on their site and the translation is horribly wrong. It'd be best if you disregard it.

Edit 5 (9/15 @ 12:05am EST): Here's a list of live venues that have had their ticket sales SUSPENDED. Comment and let me know if you know of any others.

Site Kobe
Nanba Hatch
Hiroshima CLUB QUATTRO
Zepp Fukuoka
Niigata Lots
Tokyo Studio Coast
Zepp Sendai
Zepp Sapporo

Edit 5 (9/14 @ 11:24pm EST): I translated a new article which explains what happened with all of this money. I left out the repeat information or what wasn't relevant.

As for the investigation, from May through July 2001, the suspect Kaku planned the false deal to where Free Will, the promotion company in charge of the musical group, would place an order through ADK for video work. Free-Will's subcontracting company, which would perform the video work, falsely stated that the payment needed to be made to them in advance, and there is suspicion that the total amount of 324,000,000 yen was deposited into the subcontracting company's account from ADK.

The suspect Kaku, who wanted to avoid having his false deal detected, demanded that the subcontracting company issue a false invoice for the cost of the video. The "work expenses" were deposited by bank transfer into the subcontracting company's bank account, and again into the bank account of the suspect Murasaki, who managed that company, and finally, it was deposited a third time into Free-Will's bank account.

Free-Will was worried about getting by with the project's funds, and so it appears that the money which had been deposited was turned into the company's working capital.

In March 2002, the suspect Kaku was fired from the company as punishment. In September of 2004, the case was presented to the Tokyo District Court, where a settlement for fraudulently acquired money was sought. Last month, at that same court, suspect Tomioka Yuu and Free-Will were ordered to pay approximately 350,000,000 yen.

Source:[url=http://www.sankei.co.jp/shakai/jiken/070914/jkn070914011.htm[/url]

On Dir en grey's homepage, a popup came that read:

この度は、マスコミ関連の報道等により、関係者の皆様に多大なご心配をおかけしておりますことを深くお詫び申し上げます。
会社業務に関し、平常どおり運営を致しております。また、弊社所属アーティストのリリース及び公演に関しまして、延期・中止の予定はございません。
何卒今後も変わらぬご支援・ご鞭撻を賜りますようお願い申し上げます。

Translated badly, it says:

This time, we apologize the fact that we have done to assume great worry to everyone of the authorized personnel by reporting and the like related to mass communications, deeply.

In regard to company business, sort we manage normally. In addition, there is no schedule of the postponement discontinuance in regard to the release and performance of our company post artist.

Please take care so that all your support doesn't change

I'm not sure exactly what is going on, but personally I'm worried.
Sorry for those of you who had the tickets suspended from Dir en grey's Japanese tour of DOZING GREEN. As of what I know, their European tour of DOZING GREEN is still scheduled, as Dir en grey have said in there site. I'm not sure weather to believe Dir en grey's message or the other.

Number 0.05
Joining The Black Parade
Number 0.05
September 19th, 2007 at 05:00pm
eeeeep
*worry*
btw
...to cheer all worrying dir fans up..
"OMGZZZZ LOOK AT ALL DEM PPLS"
lulz
apple.
Always Born a Crime
apple.
September 21st, 2007 at 01:52pm
Die's got such amazing facial expressions lately ._.

And btw, apparently the whole money thing has been cleared over, but to me it seems to still be getting bad. Dir en grey haven't posted anything on their homepage about it, so it is probably being settled.

I expect a American tour early next year.
Number 0.05
Joining The Black Parade
Number 0.05
September 26th, 2007 at 04:38pm
die IS amazing
end of
lol
btw
when do you think the pv for dozing green will be out
new dir pvs would be awesome
apple.
Always Born a Crime
apple.
September 27th, 2007 at 01:56am
I don't know if there is a pv.
BUT ANYWAY.

Pictures of the single are now on the ohp. I think the cover art sucks, but still. At least it's something :3
apple.
Always Born a Crime
apple.
October 1st, 2007 at 03:33am
Sample of Dozing Green is up on OHP.
It is amazing and orgasmic.
Number 0.05
Joining The Black Parade
Number 0.05
October 1st, 2007 at 03:47pm
I LURVE IT
BTW
GUESS WHOS GOING TO SEE DIR EN GREY 2ND NOV
MEEEEEE
apple.
Always Born a Crime
apple.
October 18th, 2007 at 11:36pm
Sample of the new PV for DOZING GREEN is for view on their Official Home Page.
apple.
Always Born a Crime
apple.
October 31st, 2007 at 10:31pm
Two new "Best of" albums!!!

2007.12.19 RELEASE

DECADE 1998-2002
【完全生産限定盤】
SFCD-0053~54 ¥3,150 (tax in) DECADE 2003-2007
【完全生産限定盤】
SFCD-0055 ¥3,150 (tax in)

【収録曲】
DISC-I
1.アクロの丘
2.Cage
3.Schweinの椅子
4.予感
5.304号室、白死の桜
6.Deity
7.羅刹国
8.audrey
9.脈
10.理由
11.JEALOUS-reverse-

DISC-II
12.ain't afraid to die
13.FILTH
14.Bottom of the death valley
15.逆上堪能ケロイドミルク
16.鬼眼-kigan-
17.embryo(Single version)
18.蟲-mushi-
19.Mr.NEWSMAN
20.umbrella
21.CHILD PREY

【収録曲】
1.OBSCURE
2.かすみ
3.THE IIID EMPIRE
4.DRAIN AWAY
5.砂上の唄
6.audience KILLER LOOP
7.朔-saku-
8.dead tree
9.Merciless Cult
10.鼓動
11.C
12.THE FINAL
13.CLEVER SLEAZOID
14.GRIEF
15.AGITATED SCREAMS OF MAGGOTS
16.凌辱の雨
17.REPETITION OF HATRED
18.CONCEIVED SORROW
In 1999, DIR EN GREY did a shocking debut by placing all of three day-and-date singles within Top 10 of the Japanese Oricon Chart. Afterwards, all singles have been broken into the top ten of chart and their latest studio album "THE MARROW OF A BONE" has been simultaneously released and in 11countries including US and Europe. Also, the band has made a big buzz by their headline tours worldwide. As a result, the band has become an aritist that the world pays attention to. This year, 2007, is the tenth year since they put together a band. They decided to release two best albums titled "DECADE 1998-2002" and "DECADE 2003-2007".
You could find where they started and their unchanging attitude.
*All tracks are digitally-remastered.

All of this news just got on their ohp today/last night. I am so excited for a December album release! I am buying both!!! :3