Don't have an account? Create one!

Hang 'Em High

AuthorMessage
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
June 29th, 2008 at 08:14pm
I agree with a lot of stuff that has been said, but maybe, aslittle darling. said, the male figure really wouln't die for her. I mean, it's pretty extreme to say you would die for someone. The whole demolition lovers story is that he has to kill all of these men, right? Well, even if he loves this other girl (assuming the girl in this story isn't the one he's killing for), how can he get back with his original love if he's dead? We've all assumed Demolition Lovers Male is this perfect guy who is willing to kill for Demolition Lovers Female, but maybe he's a liar and a cheat.
twinner56
Killjoy
twinner56
July 4th, 2008 at 06:56pm
i think its about a guy and his girl who murder some one
twinner56
Killjoy
twinner56
July 4th, 2008 at 07:00pm
the more i listen it sounds like a cow boy song
roosje212
Killjoy
roosje212
July 7th, 2008 at 02:54pm
(srry for my english, i'm dutch)i think it's about a guy who kills someone else and a girl goes with him to help, but when he wants to kill the person she doesn't want it anymore or something, and tries to stop him... "The angels just cut out her tongue. Call her black mariah, Would i lie to you? That girl's not right in the brain"
he tells her to kill the person for him if he dies(But don't stop if i fall And don't look back Don't stop Bury me and fade to black) like he is saying kill him if i fail and hide yourself somewhere it's save.
but that's what i think...
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
July 24th, 2008 at 02:35pm
philosopher of mcr:
This song is About the "male" demolition lover and his mission which he has almost completed.Hes tellin his lover that he'll do anything for her and will stop at nothing even if it means losing his life.hes close to getting her back and now hes after these evil men with more intensity and lusts for their blood even moore"hence the title Hang em high"
"Shotgun sinners
Wild eyed jokers
Got you in my sights
Gun it while i'm holding on"
he is so close now that nothing not even his lover can stop him seeking his revenge and killing theese men"
She won't stop me put it down
So get your gun and meet me by the door"
He finishes by tellin his lover that no matter wat happens even if he dies after she is revived to bury him and carry on.

aggreeddd
Forget_Me_Not
Killjoy
Forget_Me_Not
July 26th, 2008 at 03:21pm
"Would I die for you?"
I think that his girlfriend asked him if he would die for her and he answers through the lyrics
valiumobsequy
Awake and Unafraid
valiumobsequy
August 15th, 2008 at 06:48pm
it soundslike a dying wish
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
August 15th, 2008 at 11:04pm
I think it sounds like it's based on the movie "Hang Em' High" or murder or something because black maria is like the police is western times so the murderer is caught and taken to jail and is like to his lover :"don't stop if a fall and don't look back" maybe...
DeylaDisasterpiece
Killjoy
DeylaDisasterpiece
February 23rd, 2010 at 01:18pm
I thought that Hang 'em high was a song about like a weird Bonnie and Clyde thing, just like Demolition lovers.

Yeah, this is like a Bonnie and Clyde kind of thing!
DeylaDisasterpiece
Killjoy
DeylaDisasterpiece
February 23rd, 2010 at 01:39pm
Into The Ocean:
ZOMBIE.:
PassionBetweenLovers:
A chapter of Demolition Lovers!!!!!! In Love

thats what i think.
just another part of the whole story.
yea.it sounds like a chapter of demolition lovers

I agree with all of you, but it irks me that no one see its a Bonnie and Clyde type scenario! @_@!
LostMyFearOfFalling-
Killjoy
LostMyFearOfFalling-
February 21st, 2012 at 04:09pm
Jesse Lacey;:
I agree with a lot of stuff that has been said, but maybe, aslittle darling. said, the male figure really wouln't die for her. I mean, it's pretty extreme to say you would die for someone. The whole demolition lovers story is that he has to kill all of these men, right? Well, even if he loves this other girl (assuming the girl in this story isn't the one he's killing for), how can he get back with his original love if he's dead? We've all assumed Demolition Lovers Male is this perfect guy who is willing to kill for Demolition Lovers Female, but maybe he's a liar and a cheat.

Yeah! Then that ties in with the ending, the lyrics from I Never Told You What I Do For A Living;
"I tried, well I tried, well I tried; 'Cause I tried, but I lied, I lied!" and maybe that's why he's the 1000th evil soul whom has to be killed; because he's a liar and a cheat, as you said, so that's all came back to him and he can't change any of what he's done, no matter how much he wishes he could, even if he begged for one more night to try to, he cannot change that.
angelofthemissed
Fabulous Killjoy
angelofthemissed
May 13th, 2012 at 02:02pm
This is about the two Bonnie and Clyde like figures on the cover of the Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge album that this song is featured on, that Gerard has mentioned several times. The man is saying that he loves the woman figure and if he dies, he wants her to move on