Admin
Dujo
November 2nd, 2006 at 09:47am
-
xAsleep Or Deadx
Banned
xAsleep Or Deadx
November 15th, 2006 at 09:42pm
i think it's about a girl that didn't believe that her lover loved her so and that he would die for her.. the guy died leaving the girl he loved and making her carry on with her life..even if it's painful
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
December 11th, 2006 at 12:14pm
A chapter of Demolition Lovers!!!!!! In Love
fatality in the snow
Salute You in Your Grave
fatality in the snow
January 2nd, 2007 at 07:01pm
My thoughts whenever I listen to this song is a guy who probably did something bad like the broke the law and has all these people against him, so he needs to kill them all but he's telling his true love that if the people get them, that she needs to keep going and to 'not look back' so the people don't get her too.

I think it's also a sort of tribute to Clint Eastwood. It has a western-like feel and believe it or not there's a Clint Eastwood movie from 1967 called Hang Em High.
greeneyedgurl
Fabulous Killjoy
greeneyedgurl
January 2nd, 2007 at 09:19pm
it does sound kind of western.
bound and gagged
Bulletproof Heart
bound and gagged
January 3rd, 2007 at 03:11pm
Girl asking her lover if he'd die for her

And him in return saying she's not right in the brain
philosopher of mcr
Killjoy
philosopher of mcr
February 19th, 2007 at 09:58pm
This song is About the "male" demolition lover and his mission which he has almost completed.Hes tellin his lover that he'll do anything for her and will stop at nothing even if it means losing his life.hes close to getting her back and now hes after these evil men with more intensity and lusts for their blood even moore"hence the title Hang em high"
"Shotgun sinners
Wild eyed jokers
Got you in my sights
Gun it while i'm holding on"
he is so close now that nothing not even his lover can stop him seeking his revenge and killing theese men"
She won't stop me put it down
So get your gun and meet me by the door"
He finishes by tellin his lover that no matter wat happens even if he dies after she is revived to bury him and carry on.
IXPROMISE
Jazz Hands
IXPROMISE
February 20th, 2007 at 01:41pm
i agree with the person above me
My-Chemical-Gumby
Killjoy
My-Chemical-Gumby
February 22nd, 2007 at 06:37pm
I think it's about the guy asking the girl to go deeper into the relationship. the girl freaks and runs from him but he becomes angry and murderous eventually hunting her down. but when he arrives he realises he still loves her and he can't bring himself to pull the trigger. then he tells her he thinks he's weak and that if he doesn't make it just to leave him behind. But yeah whatever. it's just my opinion...
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
February 27th, 2007 at 04:35pm
I always thought it was based around the old Clint Eastwood movie called Hang 'Em High. The movie was an old western about this innocent man who survives his own hanging and comes back as US Marshal to get his revenge on the men who tried to kill him. In a way, it follows the story of the man on the record, one seeking revenge for the death of his lover.
ZOMBIE;
Thinking Happy Thoughts
ZOMBIE;
February 27th, 2007 at 05:55pm
PassionBetweenLovers:

thats what i think.
just another part of the whole story.
Into The Ocean
Killjoy
Into The Ocean
March 2nd, 2007 at 05:39pm
ZOMBIE.:
PassionBetweenLovers:

thats what i think.
yea.it sounds like a chapter of demolition lovers
shitthatwascyanide
Salute You in Your Grave
shitthatwascyanide
March 6th, 2007 at 07:49pm
not about the MEANING of the song but rather an interesting tidbit:

the song is name after the spaghetti western movie with clint eastwood. it's about a guy who is hung, but he doesn't die. so he goes after the people who framed him for the crime he was to be hung for. this has a connection to revenge, a huge theme in MCR's work.
shitthatwascyanide
Salute You in Your Grave
shitthatwascyanide
March 6th, 2007 at 07:49pm
oops beeblebrox already said that...
Gerard_LoverXx
Killjoy
Gerard_LoverXx
March 6th, 2007 at 09:45pm
Ravez:
ZOMBIE.:
PassionBetweenLovers:

thats what i think.
yea.it sounds like a chapter of demolition lovers

Yea, thats what i think too
wednesdayinblack
Killjoy
wednesdayinblack
March 15th, 2007 at 06:00am
Why is it about love?
If he says:"That girl's not rite in the brain","Call her Black Maria" Shocked
thirstXforXblood
Killjoy
thirstXforXblood
April 2nd, 2007 at 10:25pm
okay does any1 no what the hell a black mariah is?
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 3rd, 2007 at 01:29am
This song is awesome! It makes little sense to me, though. I think, after reading everyone's posts, that it could be part of the Revenge the title speaks of. Yes, just like the Clint Eastwood film--how Clint was left for dead but didn't die, and then came for revenge.

As for Black Mariah, I read somewhere (thought it was here, but can't find it) that it could be a spinoff of the word, "pariah," which means an outcast. Mariah has a meaning though, according to telemet.com--"In folklore, a name for wind." Dunno.

I couldn't begin to explain such lines as, "She won't stop me, put it down," or "that girl's not right in the brain," though. Maybe there's some sort of complicated dialogue I'm not getting...
blazing_six-guns
Killjoy
blazing_six-guns
April 3rd, 2007 at 07:05pm
Solitary Style:
This song is awesome! It makes little sense to me, though. I think, after reading everyone's posts, that it could be part of the Revenge the title speaks of. Yes, just like the Clint Eastwood film--how Clint was left for dead but didn't die, and then came for revenge.

As for Black Mariah, I read somewhere (thought it was here, but can't find it) that it could be a spinoff of the word, "pariah," which means an outcast. Mariah has a meaning though, according to telemet.com--"In folklore, a name for wind." Dunno.

I couldn't begin to explain such lines as, "She won't stop me, put it down," or "that girl's not right in the brain," though. Maybe there's some sort of complicated dialogue I'm not getting...

i also wondered what Black Mariah is but apparently she got her tounge cut out by angels - maybe that's a clue to who she is or what it means.............
Brian Schechter
Banned
Brian Schechter
April 3rd, 2007 at 10:11pm
pretty much the angst of getting his lover back.
and how hes going to get her back.
it kindof reminds me of some outlaw on a horse or some sort of dark western on a mission...cuz of the random ass beginning.
lol.
but anyways.
thats what i think.