Don't have an account? Create one!

The Video Ideas Thread!!!

AuthorMessage
ElmoPansy
Killjoy
ElmoPansy
March 18th, 2007 at 12:08am
I have an idea for a "Cancer" music video:

Basically, it's just the Patient laying in a bed in his bedroom or whatever, and then people come to visit him and say stuff, and the band is playing the song in the corner of the bedroom, though nobody notices.

And as the video goes on the bedroom and everyone starts to tear down slowly, like they're wasting away (almost like they've got cancer too)

Outside there's all these monsters and darkness clawing at the Patient, and he slowly starts to get covered in it (he's the only one that notices it, though).

And near the end when Gerard sings "The hardest part of this is leaving you", the woman who comes to visit him wastes away and then everything is just black except for the Patient, who eventually sinks into it too.
Tacky and Irrelevant
Salute You in Your Grave
Tacky and Irrelevant
March 18th, 2007 at 12:16am
Prison Video:

The members of the band are prisoners and they are all in different cells with other random prisoners.

Frank is waiting for the judge to decide if he is getting a death sentence or not. O.o
Ray is painting the cell walls with the crayon he used at the INO video. xD
Bob is just wandering around and randomly stumping his feet.
Mikey is avoiding the other cell mates.
Gerard is singing along with Bert.
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
March 19th, 2007 at 04:51am
Mama,
-MCR in TBP outfits
-Ballroom dancing scene, people/ghosts with masks and cool costumes [like in WTTBP]
-MCR playing
-flashbacks of The Patient's life
-The Patient could be sitting in a big chair and look really rich and fancy and just be watching the dancing. hes wearing a black suit with nice details on it and he has the black circles around his eyes in some shots.
yeah it kinda sounds like P!ATD but thats just what goes on in my head.
oooo! and in the riff [guitar bit where it goes 'din dun din din, din dun din din'] something bad involving the patient could happen [maybe a flashback or something]
the actual room would look really rich but have big, floppy, heavy curtains all around the walls and a white tiled floor with vines in random directions.
the lighting would be normal and the dancers would look like they are only foccusing on them and their partner.
deja entendu.
Salute You in Your Grave
deja entendu.
March 23rd, 2007 at 02:46pm
This Is How I Disappear has always reminded me of ice-skating with the patient falling through the ice...maybe shot in black and white but with certain colours every now and then, kind of like the way Sin City was shot.
bound and gagged
Bulletproof Heart
bound and gagged
June 5th, 2007 at 05:51pm
Jetset:

I imagined it at a hotel, and there's this young couple, and the girl is playing something like Hide-and-Seek/come hither with the boy, and he goes into different rooms, and in each room, a member of the band is doing something, reading, writing, ect., and in the end, he finds her on the floor in a room with pink lights, pink bedding and mirrors on the ceiling
Stolen Baby On Board
Banned
Stolen Baby On Board
June 5th, 2007 at 07:51pm
Okay I don't know why I think this for House Of Wolves

Okay it's night time in the city. Like New York or something. And these ppl go into this dark alley way. And their all dressed really nicely. And they go up to this little building and they say this password and the door opens and its this dance club/bar. And The band is playing the song while evryone is dancing. And in the shadows is this guy in a white mask covering his eyes and he randomly pops put and trys to murder evry body and then the police bust down the door the room is completely empty. Then when they leave the band and the guests sort of come out of their hiding places a little.

I know it sounds weird but that image pops into my head whenever I hear the song.
Good Riddance
Killjoy
Good Riddance
June 5th, 2007 at 08:59pm
the end and dead should be together, and it's like the aftermath of the black parade encounter.

okay so the patient is walking amongst the ruins and he sees a little town that appears to be "heaven" ya know, with all the people he loves and dead people and stuff. okay so he's looking around and he sees the people but no one can hear him. he finally realizes that he is in his home town right before he died. he keeps trying to talk to people and no one hears him or sees him. he looks in the window of a car, and doesnt see his own reflection. he starts touching things, but he cant touch them. and so on and so forth. by the end part "save me...get me the hell outta here..." blah blah...he in his house looking at his family and screaming. when the beep starts the beginning of dead!, he stands still and is suddenly in the hospital bed in the hospital, realizing it was just a dream, but the doctor is telling him that he is gonna die. and....yeah.
Good Riddance
Killjoy
Good Riddance
June 5th, 2007 at 09:01pm
whoot.
Mocker
Salute You in Your Grave
Mocker
June 5th, 2007 at 09:22pm
Psh. MCR needs to dump Marc Webb and Sam Bayer and come to MCR fans. Some of these ideas are amaizng you guys.

Tacky and Irrelevant, I really love your idea for the Prison video.
Kris Terror
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Kris Terror
June 5th, 2007 at 09:54pm
I know I've said this on here sometime before, but I'll put it again:

This is how I've always seen sleep, since I've been anticipating it being a single since before IDLY.

Starts with Gerard, naturally, having a series of nightmares, perhaps in a place much like the Paramour Mansion [or better yet, IN the Paramour Mansion. Then, a montage of a car crash, a building on fire, the ocean with storm clouds overhead, and a gun in Gerard's hands. Throughout all of this is when the recordings would be playing.

Keep the montage of the gun, as we learn that it's a gun that Gerard keeps with him, as he's all paranoid now. This would be a shot that is first the gun in his hands as he is lying asleep in his bed, and right as the music kicks in, he opens his eyes suddenly, taking in a sharp gasp.

And then slowly, we see visuals of things playing out, and have Frank be in a car crash, while on the phone with Gerard, and then subsequently dying in the hospital. Then Bob getting burned in a fire, right after Gerard left a building that he was in. The fire would be started by a cigarette dropped by Gee, igniting something that will cause it, and then it blows up behind Gerard, who turns around shocked. Then, something involving Ray and Gerard being out in the ocean. Ray thinks that he sees someone drowning, and even though he can't swim, he goes to try and save 'em. Turns out nothing was there, and when Gerard looks to find Ray, he's floating, face in the water, dead.

And then, finally, in the dramatic climax, have Gerard awake from these nightmares, as someone approaches, pull out the gun, and shoot them on reflex from being so jumpy.

And have it be Mikey.

Cue the ending, with all the screaming. It'll be Gerard kneeling over Mikey, blood everywhere, gripping his brother to him, and more montages of just horrifying things like fires, and wolves, and a flicker light bulb, or whatever.

And then yeah.

Very Happy
Kris Terror
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Kris Terror
June 11th, 2007 at 08:55pm

I liked this thread! Keep posting, people!
AmandaAdenine
Thinking Happy Thoughts
AmandaAdenine
June 11th, 2007 at 10:55pm
House of Wolves
You can ignore the parts in parenthesis considering they are just the lyrics that go along with the scene.
(I know a thing about contrution because I have got enough to spare, And I’ll be grantin’ your premission ’cause you haven’t got a prayer.)
We see the patient entering a church, he see’s everyone praying, and feels like he doesn’t belong.

(Well I said hey halielujah I’ma come on sing the praise let athe spirit come on through ya, we got innocence for days)
The audiences heads rise up and the preacher begans to talk although you cant hear it

(Well I think I’m gonna burn in hell, everybody burn the house right down)
The patient walks up and down the aisle but no one seems to notice him, even when he lights a candle, no ones attention goes towards him.

(And say what I wanna say, tell me I’m an angel take this to my grave tell me I’m a bad man kick me like a stray tell me I’m an angel, take this to my grave oh yea)
Fade out of the patient, and into the preformance scene the band is in front of the alter and the people in the church are completely blind to them listening to the preacher preach behind them.

(You play ring around the ambulence like you never gave a care, so get the choir boys around you it’s a compliment I swear)
Now into the patients mind, we see a flash of different stuff, like times he’s lied, stole, and anything of that nature.

(And I said ashes to ashes we all fall down I wanna hear you sing the praise, I said ashes to ashes we all fall down we got innocence for days)
The preacher starts preaching about all the stuff he has done wrong, and then the patient gets nervous and exits to the outside of the church.

He meets The Black Parade, they are playing, with candles lit around them signifying hell, in a way.

(Well I think I’m gonna burn in hell everybody burn the house right down.)
Close up on The Black Parade, and then they fade into the air.

(And say what I wanna say, tell me I’m an angel take this to my grave tell me I’m a bad man kick me like a stray tell me I’m an angel, take this to my grave oh yea)
He wonders what the sign means but does not think anything of it.

(You better run like the devil cause they never gonna leave you alone)
Fire starts to appear suddenly by the patient, first his instinct is to run from it.

(You better hide up in the alley cause they’re never gonna find you a home)
The fire keeps up with him so he decided to hide in a dark alley

(And as the blood runs down the walls)
He catches his shirt on something and he starts to bleed so he rest on the wall.

(You see me creepin’ up these halls)
People begin to see the fire coming toward the alley so they follow it.

(I’ve been a mad mothefucker, tell your sister I’m another.)
The people begin chatting about how the fire is consuming the person, and then they start screaming accusations.

(Tell me I’m a bad bad bad bad man x4)
The patient is no longer seen and then the people go away mad.

(So get up, so get down, S-I-N-I-S-I-N)
The patient in the middle of tons of fire around him. The video fades out.

Since the video has so much fire alot of it, if it was a vid would be green screened.
vampires_hurt_me
Fabulous Killjoy
vampires_hurt_me
June 12th, 2007 at 12:41am
1) "You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison"
It's like a living comic book. It shows Gerard as the prisoner going from panel to panel, and in each of the panels Frank, Bob, Mikey, and Ray keep switching roles.

He proceeds from the gunfight (where all the band members are shooting at each other until Gerard kills them all), to the trial (in which Bob protrays a stern judge), to prison (where he's harrassed by Frank, his roomate who makes him do push-ups in drag), to back home after his sentence, where life is a living hell (and Mikey, the golden-boy brother, rubs in how much better he is).

2) "Teenagers"
Frank is going to his first day at a new school. He meets all the people in the different cliques around school. Gerard, Mikey, Ray, and Bob are all in the different cliques, for instance, Gerard is in with the jocks and has a letterman jacket, Bob is in the tough-guy group, Ray is wearing tights and miming with the rest of the theatre group, and Mikey is in the "emotionally troubled" group.

Suddenly, things start flashing between a bright, sunny day, and grim overcast weather. Eventually, the sky turns grey, and the students slowly become ZOMBIES.

Frank has to find a way to escape without getting killed.
HarlequinFirith
Always Born a Crime
HarlequinFirith
June 12th, 2007 at 12:50am
Teenagers.... I had this higschool idea anyways.
there's this prom party of school dance or whatever and MCR is performing, right? But it the dullest party ever!!! like eveyone is on their school uniform dancing like a bunch of retards! Anyways... The guys look at each other like saying "what the fuck?" Then someone makes a phonecall (not the boys, some other mystery character) and, most like in the video, at the 1st chorus, the doors slam open and a bunch of teenagers get in. like a wild group of punks, preps, girls with tiny skirts and heavy makeup, all the scary stereotypes and they start to make fun of the Original party boys, tesing them, maybe some girls start to undress and lick the boys (not MCR!), just total hell on the party! Food fights, lots of "liquor" everywhere... like a Prom party gone wrong... then the teenager mob attacks the boys, pretty much like the ending of the original video... and I can just see Frankie crowd surfing!! lmfao
Then the whole things gets in fire or something and they just runaway from it...

The end! XD
UnchArtEd schrEI
Jazz Hands
UnchArtEd schrEI
June 12th, 2007 at 01:21am
I wish Frank should also have a shining moment in a new video
vampires_hurt_me
Fabulous Killjoy
vampires_hurt_me
June 12th, 2007 at 01:44am
brutal_disorder:
I wish Frank should also have a shining moment in a new video

Which is perfect for my "Teenagers" idea...

(And yes, I will whore this idea out until the end of time because I love it so much).
bullets are hailing.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
bullets are hailing.
February 1st, 2008 at 08:14pm
For early sunsets over monroeville, i always think of a mall and the band performing in it. Gerard being very emotional and dramatic with his "lover" while they try to get away from the zombies. then at the end of the video, they escape.
alanakin
Killjoy
alanakin
February 1st, 2008 at 09:04pm
Ok, so i've got a couple of ideas,

Hang 'Em High, well i've always pictured a western, kinda like "all these things that i have done" by the Killers, except that theres a couple (girl and guy) who are fighitng, picture gunfights, corny cowboy gun tricks etc. Then for the part wehre its like "she won't stop me put it down" the girl is taken by one of the bad guys and he's holding her in front of him, so then the guy is like holding the gun up to them as if to say i'll still shoot you, she won't stop me. then the guy shoots the bad guy, all the bad guys are dead and then the couple ride off into the sunset.

Mama: Seeing as the song seems to be about war, I've always pictured a WW1 or WWII kinda theme, like in Germany or England, something like that, then there's flashbacks to the soldier writing to his mum, he gets wounded, etc. then at the end there's a group of soldiers and they're all going to die so they do the end bit "so raise your glass high...etc" then they all die.

Early Sunsets: well for some reason i've always imagined a shopping mall, maybe an empty one, with escalators that are still going and elevators etc. then maybe you see a single girl walking around shopping kind of in this empty mall. then maybe zombies start to come out of the shops and its like a metaphor for materialistic views etc. then the chick turns into a zombie, while we get flashbacks to the band playing perhaps on an elevator or escalator, maybe playing in front of her while the zombies get her.

Anyway, that's some of my ideas, a bit random i know. but that's just how i've always pictured them..
I_am_the_Penguin
Really Not Okay
I_am_the_Penguin
February 2nd, 2008 at 12:32am
This is just a repost since the correct thread was found.

I_am_the_Penguin:
Disenchanted:

I know that some of this may not be "original" but give it a chance.

The video opens in a movie theater- sort of a movie premiere. The band is in the audience, but the attention is focused on a girl in her early twenties seated a few rows ahead of them. As the film starts, it turns out to be a collection of home videos of the girl, several years younger, and her best friend. The perspective changes, and now instead of viewing a film, the lives of these two people become the focus.
Different events are displayed, including high school theater, just hanging out, going to college together, etc. The most important part in these is showing the boy collapse during dance rehersals. He recovers, and life goes on. Eventually it shows these two people moving in their own directions. She joins the military (cuts of basic training/ deployment, etc) It shows him getting an apartment with his boyfriend. More events are displayed: their failed relationships, him continuing college, etc. All the while, they keep in contact. Until a sceen begins where she answers the phone, but it isn't him.

Suddenly, we're focused back on the girl in the theater, who is in tears, getting up and running out of the theater. From here on, real life and the film intercut. The film, she's running down a hospital corridor. Real life, down the street. Finally in the film, she stops in front of a hospital room door. In real life, she's standing in front of his grave.

The Joker
Salute You in Your Grave
The Joker
February 2nd, 2008 at 10:01am
For house of wolves i thought of an idea of the band playing in a club...
gerards wearing a dark purple suit with a jacket like jareds letos in The Kill video, he has a top hat and a cane
hes a vampire also.

and the line goes "you see me creeping down these halls"
hes silently following 2 women down a vacant alley way hes up against the brick wall and hes got his fangs out...

so yeh thats just a random idea that enters my head XD