Don't have an account? Create one!

The Directors!

AuthorMessage
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
February 15th, 2007 at 06:14pm
a bad reaction.:
[size=80]Just for the info, I'ma post some videos of Marc and Sam, so you'll know who made what. xD
Thank you so much for that, I was going to do something similar, but haven't had the time - so thanks again. Nyam

Seen as I started the thread I'd better put down my preference! For me Sam Bauyer is the best music video director ever. That is in no way meant as any disrespect to Marc Webb, who I regard very highly and he did an amazing job on the previous MCR videos, but Sam Bauyer just takes things to a whole new level. I have to say what he did with Green Days 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams' was phenomenal. If you haven't seen the making of it, its well worth a watch.

GreenDay 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams'

What I find interesting about MCRs videos is that they (in particular Gerard) seem to come up with the concepts, where as most bands will let directors listen to the track and see what ideas they come up with and choose the one they like the best. So really Marc and Sam have basically taken MCRs concepts and brought them to life, which is one of the many things I love about MCR, they are absolutely involved in every aspect, they know what they want and they believe in themselves that it's right.
I'm really looking forward to seeing the new video for 'I don't love you', and I absolutely believe Marc will do an incredible job as always.

Someone suggested earlier that it would be good to see Tim Burton do one of MCRs videos, which I think is a great idea, I thought the one he did for The Killers 'Bones' was awesome.

The Killers 'Bones'

If I could choose anyone else to direct, it would have to be Quentin Tarantino, I think if he directed 'Mama' it would just be incredible.

Anyway that's enough from me, thanks everyone for responding, it's really interesting to see what everyone thinks.
Hide and Seek Me.
Bleeding on the Floor
Hide and Seek Me.
February 15th, 2007 at 06:31pm
It's hard to pick between the two, because they both did such amazing videos.
Famous Last Words- it's absoulutley incredible. That is the performance video, that no one will top.
I'm Not Okay- makes me laugh so hard. I seriously love this video.
I think it's a matter of preference.
Tragic.
Banned
Tragic.
February 15th, 2007 at 06:34pm
I like Marc's work soooooo much better.
Sam semmed a bit too bosy.
Hm.
Buffy Summers
Always Born a Crime
Buffy Summers
February 15th, 2007 at 06:48pm
Yeah, I really like Marc a lot better than Sam. I dunno, Marc just seems like a cooler & nicer dude. lol. I'd rather work with him.
captain fine.
Demolition Lover
captain fine.
February 15th, 2007 at 06:53pm
MARC IS SO COOL. I love him in all the "Making of..." videos. Cause he seems really fun and shit. Sam seemed like an asshole. He seemed really full of himself.
insane clown posse.
In The Murder Scene
insane clown posse.
February 15th, 2007 at 07:12pm
Marc Webb in my oppinion is better than Sam Bauyer. Marc and Gerard collaberated(sp?) so well, and did big movie like videos, Sam... tbp video was okay and flw sucked ass, I'm glad they switched.
regretting fear.
Killjoy
regretting fear.
February 15th, 2007 at 07:14pm
I'm down with both of the directors, but all I'm worried about/wanting is for Marc to keep the same artistic style of WTTBP and FLW, unless the band wants the video to be separate from them.

That would rock.
SEXYPANTS!!!
Salute You in Your Grave
SEXYPANTS!!!
February 15th, 2007 at 07:46pm
OMG you know what would be hot....Marc and Sam both directing the video....That be pretty hot!

THere It's settled....no more this or that I like them both
daniel radcliffe.
In a Bullet's Embrace
daniel radcliffe.
February 15th, 2007 at 09:25pm
Philippa Way:
shame, because that would be sooooooooooo cool!!

It Would Be.........
fuck_thats_good
Fabulous Killjoy
fuck_thats_good
February 16th, 2007 at 12:27am
both director have made sum great videos but i think Marc and MCR works so well together i loved all the videos they have made together so i can't wait until IDLY comes out i am sure it will be wicked
art star.
Demolition Lover
art star.
February 16th, 2007 at 06:11am
Marc Webb. ^_^
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
February 16th, 2007 at 06:52am
marc all the way.
i do like the videos for tbp and flw but sam just kind of gives off this impression that doesn't really wash with me. i've seen videos of him directing stuff and he's a bit of a diva.
marc seems far more down to earth and laid back, he treats the band like friends, i think.
That's What You Get
Always Born a Crime
That's What You Get
February 16th, 2007 at 06:54am
i agree!

I would like to see...urm...the director of Pirates of the Carribean do an MCR video...heehee that would be pretty cool!
Sammie
Really Not Okay
Sammie
February 16th, 2007 at 10:21am
I like all the videos My Chem have made. WTTBP is probably on of my favourite all time vids. But I also love Marc's videos too. But I'm really glad to see Marc doing the next video.
SEXYPANTS!!!
Salute You in Your Grave
SEXYPANTS!!!
February 16th, 2007 at 11:40am
YOu know who should be the director?

Tim Bertin...Did last name right cuz I always don't
Danger.Zone--
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Danger.Zone--
February 16th, 2007 at 09:16pm
there is going to be a video for i dont love you when
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 16th, 2007 at 09:17pm
Danger.Zone--
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Danger.Zone--
February 16th, 2007 at 09:20pm
thats fricken sweet

is april next month................................ damit its not
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 16th, 2007 at 09:21pm
It might be late March too. Idk, everybody's assuming the video is going to be coming out in April.
Danger.Zone--
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Danger.Zone--
February 16th, 2007 at 09:22pm
i fell a tear coming on