Don't have an account? Create one!

Flute

AuthorMessage
guran!
Shotgun Sinner
guran!
April 20th, 2007 at 03:39pm
I've met quite a few people here at INO who play flute.
I do.

who else does?
what are your favorite songs to play?

Mine are something with Quanzt or Webber Cool
Taylor Lautner
Always Born a Crime
Taylor Lautner
April 20th, 2007 at 06:28pm
hell yeah, i play flute. I have been playing since 5th grade in band. But I quit this year. But I didn't quit playing flute. I dont know what my fav song is though.
SuckItSunshine
Fabulous Killjoy
SuckItSunshine
April 23rd, 2007 at 06:18pm
I Play Too Smile
I've been in band since 6th grade wooo 3 years baby. lol.
Favorite song >.< ugh hard.
um.....not favorite but really good
~ English Folk Song Suite by Ralph Vaughan WIlliams
~ Drangons Fly On The Winds Of Time
all Phantom songs
map_of_the_world
Thinking Happy Thoughts
map_of_the_world
May 1st, 2007 at 06:50am
I play the flute. I also know trombone, recorder and keyboard. But flute is my main instrument.

Favourite song: Minuet by Beethoven
mirarle
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mirarle
May 3rd, 2007 at 11:22pm
I used to play a flute with I was in the 4th grade. I often got upset because my clarinet friends drowned me out. >_> I'm not a huge fan of it, but I like it by itself. I dunno why I picked the flute, though...
kori is simulated
Killjoy
kori is simulated
May 5th, 2007 at 02:35pm
i've played recorder since kindergarten, flute since fourth grade, and i started the piccilo when i joined marching band. my favorite songs are Into The West from Lord of the Rings, Wonka Welcome Theme from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and Untitled by Simple Plan.
Cassy Chaos
Salute You in Your Grave
Cassy Chaos
May 6th, 2007 at 08:38am
i'v played flute since i was in year 4 (about 8 yrs old) i havent really got a fav song and as for grades i got my grade 1 and could never be bother to enter for any others >.<
morgan in the dust.
Bleeding on the Floor
morgan in the dust.
May 9th, 2007 at 02:23am
I love my flute. and bass flute.
I've been playing since 2002. My Favourite song is Bunker Hill Overture or Haunted.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
May 9th, 2007 at 06:06pm
i used to play flute in 4th grade but i was never any good.i played for 3years and never got any better.
kulta.
Really Not Okay
kulta.
May 11th, 2007 at 04:52am
I play. I started last year.

Favorites would be We Will Rock You/Another One Bites The Dust and Born To Be Wild.

( Yeah, I can play them >.< )
Citizens of Tomorrow
Salute You in Your Grave
Citizens of Tomorrow
May 17th, 2007 at 02:30pm
I played flute in 5th grade, but quit last year. I just wasnt interested in it anymore.

I still remember how to play though.
teh sarah.
Killjoy
teh sarah.
May 19th, 2007 at 03:49pm
I've been playing flute for around 3 years now. My favorite songs to play...hmm. a lot of stuff. haha. OH. I played Minuet and Dance of the Blessed Spirits by Gluck for solo and ensemble this year. Slow, but I really like it. *total band nerd*
We All Fall Down
Fabulous Killjoy
We All Fall Down
May 21st, 2007 at 10:45pm
I've been playing flute since... 7th grade... so this is my third year? I love it.
I don't really have any favorites, because I always get their names mixed up. But Phantom was fun, as was Bohemian Rhapsody. But our teacher always takes away our music. :/
Boo?
Bleeding on the Floor
Boo?
May 22nd, 2007 at 07:47am
Does the recorder count?
I have played it for 7 1/2 years....
Kicking
chemically_romanced
Killjoy
chemically_romanced
May 26th, 2007 at 09:27pm
I PLAY FLUTE!!!! Ive played for about 9 months...i just started this year(6th grade). I m an awesome player and i play"beautifully" according to my band director Mr. Walkup. Im a beginner and we played really hard songs at my concert and my favorite songs are "Dance of The Thunder Bolts" and "Midnight Escape" Can anybody tell me how to play vibrato?? I know that its a function of breath, Mr. Walkup told me that, but HE WONT TELL ME HOW!!! Disgust ME!!! HIS FIRST CHAIR FLUTE!!!!! THE BACKBONE OF THE WHOLE SECTION!!!!
yellow
Joining The Black Parade
yellow
May 28th, 2007 at 09:15am
OMG!

this is so awesome i didnt think there would be a thread for flute players yay!
yea i've been playing the flute for seven years and i'll be playing it for my hsc but its so hard when your in a school with only punk rock kids and me being the only one with a classical instrument.o well you get that.
morgan in the dust.
Bleeding on the Floor
morgan in the dust.
May 28th, 2007 at 03:42pm
chemically_romanced:
I PLAY FLUTE!!!! Ive played for about 9 months...i just started this year(6th grade). I m an awesome player and i play"beautifully" according to my band director Mr. Walkup. Im a beginner and we played really hard songs at my concert and my favorite songs are "Dance of The Thunder Bolts" and "Midnight Escape" Can anybody tell me how to play vibrato?? I know that its a function of breath, Mr. Walkup told me that, but HE WONT TELL ME HOW!!! Disgust ME!!! HIS FIRST CHAIR FLUTE!!!!! THE BACKBONE OF THE WHOLE SECTION!!!!

Vibrato is the waivering thru an air instrument.
To play vibrato, you have to vary the size and shape of your mouth. As well as the amount of air you're blowing. The vibrato itself comes from control of your throat muscles. Think of vibrato as a squigly line in the music as opposed to the strait line, being the rest of the piece. Make the not 'squigle' per-say.
Here's a good website on developing flute vibrato.
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
June 6th, 2007 at 12:32am
I used to play the flute from year 7 to year 9! But I quit though. And whats worse is that I can turn back to play again... Crying or Very sad I loved playing the flute. I chose to play the flute because it sort of sounds like the ocarina from the game, Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time. I actually even played songs from that game! Most of my favourite songs I played are from video games such as Tales of Symphonia. Actually, if anyone is interested, there is this site that has the sheet music of songs from famous games such as Final Fantasy.
Its
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mankow84/
It's Lyn-z!
Demolition Lover
It's Lyn-z!
June 22nd, 2007 at 09:07pm
ive been playing flute for 7 years

i recently got into this reali prestige group
im so proud of me<3
It's Lyn-z!
Demolition Lover
It's Lyn-z!
June 22nd, 2007 at 09:08pm
whats the hightest level of music you guys have played?