Don't have an account? Create one!

Which MCR song means the most to you?

AuthorMessage
i must be emo.
Joining The Black Parade
i must be emo.
May 29th, 2007 at 01:13pm
which mcr song has the most meaning to you?
does a certain song remind you of something?
did a song help you get through hard times?

personally, WTTBP reminds me of my marching band.
its one of the funnest things ive ever done.
ive shared some great times with the people there.

Cancer reminds me of my dad. he is still alive, but hes had cancer in his back ever since me and my sister were born.
i see pictures of him holding us and he looks so sick.
that song just strikes a chord for me.
(im tearing up writing this!)
Immortality.
Motor Baby
Immortality.
May 29th, 2007 at 01:28pm
Cancer. one of my close friends has Cancer and its terrible, it always reminds me of her. but i dont dare tell her that because she hates MCR and she would ramble on about how they suck etc.. yeah that pisses me off. but still! i keep thinking of her. Sad

for some reason Disenchanted reminds me of when me and my boyfriend broke up.

Desert song reminds me of those times when i was sooo depressed. its funny, cuz the song is about Gerard going through his bad times too. hmmmmm.

can't remember anything else...
the narrator.
Salute You in Your Grave
the narrator.
May 29th, 2007 at 02:54pm
Early Sunsets Over Monroeville, because I had a really good friend who lied to me. We stopped talking and a year later she was killed in a car crash, and I felt bad even though by then we hated each other by then.

Desert Song, simply because its so beautiful it makes me cry, which is big because I have a condition where I cant cry easily, thus I bottle emotions up inside. It gives me a release.

Helena, same reason as Early Sunsets.

Demolition Lovers because I really do love someone to death.
transatlanticism.
In The Murder Scene
transatlanticism.
May 29th, 2007 at 03:21pm
INO cus it was the first MCR song I heard, then Venom - both got me through alot of shit.

Prison, cus it has some good memories. Still has a great affect.

I couldn't really pick one, they are all important for different reasons. Their music ties me and my friend together, and I'm so grateful to MCR for that.

Went off on a tangent there..
Metallic Princess
Bleeding on the Floor
Metallic Princess
May 29th, 2007 at 03:21pm
disappear

i dont want to tell y...
lennyK
Fabulous Killjoy
lennyK
May 29th, 2007 at 03:28pm
hmm....they all leave a mark in me....

Helena,
my uncle died recently and I feel like I could've helped him more than I did.

Cancer impacts me a lot too, but not the whole song, there is that one part "And the hardest part of this, is leaving you.", it hits me hard. Sometimes I wonder if that was my uncle's attitude on dying or if he was too......IDK, or if he just gave up without caring about how much I'd miss him.
divineblindsoul
Fabulous Killjoy
divineblindsoul
May 29th, 2007 at 04:17pm
Headfirst for Halos really helped me out when I was really suicidal at one point in my life.

Famous Last Words really empowers me to keep my clean streak and helps me see that I'm not alone but it is okay to be strong enough to make it on your own and not be scared.

Cemetery Drive makes me think about one of my best friends and it just triggers something inside of me.

(Okay last one I swear!)

Welcome to the Black Parade is an important song to me as well because the lines "I'm unashamed, I'm gonna show my scars" mean a lot to me.

All of their music makes me feel like I'm not alone in the world, no matter what is happening to me. That makes me happy because that is what they want, it also makes me thankful! ^-^
Freaxx
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Freaxx
May 29th, 2007 at 05:24pm
The End. because the line "If you look in the mirror and don’t like what you see,
You can find out firsthand what it’s like to be me."means a lot to me.

Cubicles becausethere is this guy that I really like ,but I don't have the courage to tell him., and now he's with one of my friends that I've known since pre-k(she doesn't know I like him) Sad

Cancer because my Grandma had cancer (she's still alive) and now my uncle has it for the second time.
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
May 29th, 2007 at 05:27pm
the ghost of you .. its the first song i heard with them
or honey ,, i dont know why its just so prettySmile
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
May 29th, 2007 at 05:28pm
I have a few:

Helena -- it reminds me of me, so much right now, and great grandmother passed away four years ago
Cancer -- my uncle just passed away of cancer, and my grandmother has breast cancer
Headfirst For Halos -- I've had a lot of suicidal moments
Disenchanted -- I really can't explain it, but when I listen to it, this song makes everything come into perspective for me and you begin to see everything for what it really is.
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
May 29th, 2007 at 05:57pm
I also have more than one:

First of all Desert Song -it's so beautiful and I can relate to my interpretation of the meaning so completely. I cried the first time I hear it. It truely is an amazing song.

Headfirst For Halos -I try to lose myself in drugs or alcohol. This song just explains it all.

Thank You For The Venom -This song...the whole determined, bitterness of it all...it's my life.

The Ghost Of You -For all the people I've lost.

Hang 'Em High -For the one I have always loved and always will

Blood -This song is my therapy sessions

There's more but I'm boring you all so I'll stop now =]
fxmous-lxst-words
Joining The Black Parade
fxmous-lxst-words
May 29th, 2007 at 05:59pm
definitely cancer, my uncle and grandpa died because of cancer...and Skylines and Turnstiles....and Headfirst for Halos...and Ghost of You. okay i'm done Smile
i must be emo.
Joining The Black Parade
i must be emo.
May 30th, 2007 at 03:57pm
oh, and i actually have more to add.

helena: it makes me think of all my family members who have passed on throughout my life.

disenchanted: it makes me think of all the good times ive had with my family and friends. i cry every time i listen to it because i think of some unforgettable experiences ive had. i just thank god every night for the life i have, and how blessed i am to have the great family and the great friends i do.
AmazingCauseItIs10
Joining The Black Parade
AmazingCauseItIs10
May 30th, 2007 at 04:27pm
There are three songs that means a lot to me

Welcome to the Black Parade- to me, it seems like a wake-up call to anybody who ever pick on me when i was younger "the world will never take my heart."

Famous Last Words- it makes me feel like i have this hunger for life and i can do anything if i work hard

I Never Told You What I Do For A Living- The song just rips so hard!
Lights
Salute You in Your Grave
Lights
May 30th, 2007 at 04:30pm
well I think the song that means the most to me is Famous Last Words.
I had a really bad day at school.
I mean like, getting up and walking out in the middle of class, getting beat up, being taken to the principals office, etc.
it was just not going well for me.,
so I went home and I turned on WTTBP and I was listening through the whole thing.
I had only gotten the CD a few days before, so I hadn't really had the chance to completely listen to all the lyrics.
Famous Last Words came on and I heard I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone
and these really jumped out at me because I felt like I had no one to turn to.
but then I realized that I would be fine with just myself, because I would be the one to pull through things, no one else could do it for me.
AmazingCauseItIs10
Joining The Black Parade
AmazingCauseItIs10
May 30th, 2007 at 05:59pm
TheSleepless:
I mean like, getting up and walking out in the middle of class, getting beat up, being taken to the principals office, etc.
so I went home and I turned on WTTBP and I was listening through the whole thing.
I had only gotten the CD a few days before, so I hadn't really had the chance to completely listen to all the lyrics.
Famous Last Words came on and I heard I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone
but then I realized that I would be fine with just myself, because I would be the one to pull through things, no one else could do it for me.

dude, that's fucked up. i go to that song when i feel fucked up or three cheers for sweet revenge. hang em high, it's not a fashion statement, it's a fucking deathwish, and i never told you what i do for a living- good songs to listen to.
i must be emo.
Joining The Black Parade
i must be emo.
May 30th, 2007 at 06:31pm
TheSleepless:

WOW. Shocked
josh franceschi.
Salute You in Your Grave
josh franceschi.
May 30th, 2007 at 06:34pm
Well, there's a few.

Desert Song,, because this song is just so beautiful. I cried the first time I heard it. I cried the second, and third times. My eyes still get wet every single time. Also, when my dad joined a therapy session with me, and drove me to tears, I listened to this a couple of times, and things got better inside of my head. It can't mend a broken heart, though.
The Ghost of You,, because this is the song I always listen to before I visit my Grandfather's grave. The lyrics are up there, along with the lyrics to Wake Me Up When September Ends, by Green Day.
Thank You For The Venom,, and it's got a long story. I had just made a new friend, and a great one too, and my mom bought me tickets to a My Chemical Romance concert. She bought an extra, so I could bring a friend. So I took a chance on this girl I'd just met, and as we were singing this song, I started crying. Because I realized that she was my reason to believe.
Cancer,, because my family recently had a couple of people die, or be diagnosed with cancer. Plus, this song is just so beautiful. It's the song I sang to my little cousin, trying to get him to sleep for the first time. My aunt heard me singing, and suggested that I try to sing it in the school talent show, but that fell through because of a teacher who didn't believe in me.
Our Lady of Sorrows,, because this is something I can listen to when I'm pissed off. It's also my "Venom" friend's favorite song. Less importantly, a couple bucks got this song played at the school dance and scared the crap out of the gangster kids. A waste of a month's allowance, according to my friends, but so worth it. I'm the "death metal" girl at school now. Which is a good thing, 'cause I'll be remembered.
Drowning Lessons,, for reasons I'll choose not to tell.
Famous Last Words,, because it gave me a second chance, and truely something to hold on to, even at my worst.

Is that too many? xD
Lights
Salute You in Your Grave
Lights
May 30th, 2007 at 08:34pm
i must be emo.:
TheSleepless:

WOW. Shocked

What? What?
Is it like... I don't even know. Haha

FLW is the one that means the most, but there are still other songs that I love:

I'm Not Okay- it's the song that accidentally got me into MCR.
Thank You For The Venom- I was seriously obsessed with this song for a while.
House of Wolves- this is just a flat out awesome song.
Cancer- the first death I ever dealt with was that of my aunt when she died from cancer. It's just one of those songs.
Helena- it's a song about loss, which everyone has dealt with. The vocals on this song are just so beautiful, too.
aliss practice.
Shotgun Sinner
aliss practice.
May 30th, 2007 at 08:45pm
Drowning Lessons.
And I refuse to tell.