Don't have an account? Create one!

GCSE Music.

AuthorMessage
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
September 5th, 2008 at 04:15pm
I choose music in the end.

i think Imay come to regret it. i am no way good enough. I've heard to get decent marks you need to be about grade 5 level in your instrument and theory. I am nowhere near neither.

I feel so stupid, I am probably going to fail now just because of this.
a thousand suns.
Always Born a Crime
a thousand suns.
November 9th, 2008 at 11:59am

everyone i've talked to find gcse music really difficult, even the musical geniuses. not only do you have to compose a couple of pieces, you have a practical AND a written exam.

i tried it out with a class that was starting gcse music a year early in year 9, but i found it so confusing and difficult that i gave up, even though i am fairly musically able.
We Are The Ocean
Salute You in Your Grave
We Are The Ocean
November 11th, 2008 at 12:54pm
I'm doing Btec, which is completely different i think, at the moment we've done a piece of writing on 3 genres and we have to perform 2 contrasting pieces of music in February. I don't think there are any exams.
But my teacher said that some of us could do the diploma too, which is a further 3 units, a 14 week long writing on the music industry and 2 performances so I'm doing that too.
rachi_left4deadx_x
Motor Baby
rachi_left4deadx_x
December 1st, 2008 at 11:56am
Wow, it's been a while since I've been on INO.

Anyway, back on topic! I've taken GCSE music and I'm finding it awesome. The theory is easy, and practicals I play either bass or guitar. For coursework, we haveto use the keyboard (we have no choice), but I'm doing well with it, and the composing and layering is really fun.
Ash-Peters
Killjoy
Ash-Peters
December 9th, 2008 at 06:20am
I took music GCSE! lol I'm in yr 11 now, right in the middle of my mocks. I'm not very technically good at music, I just write songs and stuff but its not that hard honestly, you'll be fine. There is some technical stuff for the exams but its just a case of revision really, and they freak you out by asking for time signatures and all the technical notations on your composition write-ups but they are just doing it to scare you or to be mean, at least my teacher does! If you just play it and ask your teacher about that stuff they should help you, and if not, find someone you know whos good at that crap, there'll be plenty of them in your class =)
Have fun with it, but the most important thing is not to overestimate how much time you have for a composition, I'm always rushing last minute!
xo.
rachi_left4deadx_x
Motor Baby
rachi_left4deadx_x
December 28th, 2008 at 05:57pm
Ash-Peters:
I took music GCSE! lol I'm in yr 11 now, right in the middle of my mocks. I'm not very technically good at music, I just write songs and stuff but its not that hard honestly, you'll be fine. There is some technical stuff for the exams but its just a case of revision really, and they freak you out by asking for time signatures and all the technical notations on your composition write-ups but they are just doing it to scare you or to be mean, at least my teacher does! If you just play it and ask your teacher about that stuff they should help you, and if not, find someone you know whos good at that crap, there'll be plenty of them in your class =)
Have fun with it, but the most important thing is not to overestimate how much time you have for a composition, I'm always rushing last minute!
xo.

Is it true you don't need to be able to read music to pass GCSE music?