Don't have an account? Create one!

After mcr's 2 year break....

AuthorMessage
The Joker
Salute You in Your Grave
The Joker
January 3rd, 2008 at 12:34pm
My Chemical Romance have said all along that after the black parade has died they will go on a 2 year break. They definately deserve one, they've only been working their arses off for like hmm 5-6 years now.

The questions are
What do you think will be different by the time they come back?
Do you think it'll be like a green day scenario where fans (mostly the newer american idiot fans) have ditched them. Do you think it'll be like that for mcr? Some fans will get bored waiting and find something new?
Will the media be as crazy about them as they are at the moment when they return?, do you think they'll be constantly played on music channels over them 2 years they're away? Will they still be filling huge arenas when they return?
etcetctetctetcetc you get the idea =]

I'm not even going to bother asking "will the guys change after their two year break?" because it doesn't take einstein to work out that yes of course they will everyone changes in 2 years.

if this has already done then by all means block away =]
Nutella With Forks
Motor Baby
Nutella With Forks
January 3rd, 2008 at 12:48pm
I thought they were supposed to be back in '09...
But anyways...
They still have their true fans!
Pixie-Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Pixie-Gates
January 3rd, 2008 at 01:13pm
I can't see any drastic changes. Maybe some of the newer, younger fans will find their taste changes and they mightn't be as into the boys when they return. I reckon certain elements of the media will be excited-obviously Kerrang! and other magazines (ha, K! is screwed with no MCR for 2 years or more Tehe ) but I can't see a huge fuss being made out of it. And whether or not they continue to sell out arenas depends on the strength of their new material, and whether or not it is accessible to the masses. If not, then we'll get to see them in small venues again-which is no bad thing at all. Very Happy

Is it wrong to hope that Baby MCR (squeal) will have commenced by the time they return? Tehe
Heaven-Help-Me
Bleeding on the Floor
Heaven-Help-Me
January 3rd, 2008 at 03:41pm
I agree that, of course they will change, everyone does. I guess what better question would be, how MUCH will they change? Most probably, their goals wont change much, but they musical style and other thing might.
Pixie-Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Pixie-Gates
January 3rd, 2008 at 04:06pm
^ I think by then they'll have achieved a lot of their goals (presumably), so the music will be purely for the love of the game. And that ought to be a good thing. Smile
Toronado
Bleeding on the Floor
Toronado
January 3rd, 2008 at 04:15pm
After two years, I think My Chem will have been hyped up a lot by media waiting on their new album, so I just hope they don't disappoint.
You know how you wait years for something, and it turns out to be not as good as you expected? I think that might happen with MCR. After all, 'absence makes the heart grow fonder'.
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
January 3rd, 2008 at 05:18pm
Oooh, I don't know really. I think this thread is a great idea, though.
Um, I think after 2 years of being 'normal' and what not, they might return a little more mature, and grounded, if they're the right words?
I don't know about the new material, I just have a lot of faith that their eventual returns gonna be huge.

Pixie-Gates:
Is it wrong to hope that Baby MCR (squeal) will have commenced by the time they return? Tehe

NO! Mr. Green That. would. be. the. best. In Love
Ger-Z baby!! Awwww *squeal* I hope they do. I mean, it's 2 years.
little monster.
Full of Ephedrine
little monster.
January 3rd, 2008 at 06:19pm
ehm, omg, it's TWO years now?
ah, I'm happy to suffer for their well-being ofcourse. they deserve a break. Up to them to decide how long that will be. I wish I had seen them live before they went on their break though.
I hope some things about this fanbase will have changed for sure.
If MCR changed, I'm sure it will be for the better. I have faith in them.
Pistol_GeeBucks
Joining The Black Parade
Pistol_GeeBucks
January 3rd, 2008 at 06:27pm
I wish I'd seen them live first too. =[
But I'm prepared to wait any amount of time. I hadn't even heard of the break until this thread.
But they deserve it. And if they change, it will be for the better.

I'll never get bored waiting for a new album, but I guess some people will. *sigh*
Glitterlust
Salute You in Your Grave
Glitterlust
January 3rd, 2008 at 07:07pm
i reckon when they come back the more 'mainstream' element will have gone and they won't be as massively popular as they are now, understandable tbh because they will have been away for two years.
i think they'll be more mature and will have a lot of different suff to say and i think their new album will be awesome (not that i'm biased x] )
i think some fans will get bored and progress onto new music but the die-hards etc will still be there x]
i don't think INO will be incredibly quiet actually i think it'll still be here and a lot of people will still post.

i'll definately still be here when they come back :]
Fading Sanity
Bleeding on the Floor
Fading Sanity
January 3rd, 2008 at 07:54pm
I think the break is great for them. It'll get them really pumped for when they do start again. They'll have plenty of time to get ideas together for the next album and will probably be so dying to start making music again by the end that they'll really blow us away.
I think the media will be all over them, they were huge before the break. Either that or the media will be focused on a other big bands.
Of coarse a handful of fans will lose interest during the wait and find some other band, but I think most will stick out the wait. But I think we can all say that their fanbase is going to change quite a bit.

and as others have wished... I wish I had seen them live too Cry
MarkTruth1991
Jazz Hands
MarkTruth1991
January 3rd, 2008 at 08:01pm
2 year!?!? Sad

Hmm well when they come back, I think they will add a bit more of a liveliness to them. Hopefully they'll mix their next album with the Black Parade and 3 Cheers for revenge.
If people ditch MCR then they aren't loyal and suck, its happened already just because the Black Parade was overplayed.

I think Gerard will direct this album in a more loving way, meaning it will be more based on love. "How I Disappear" Is a key example of this on the Black Parade, I think they will go for more of a darker meaning on love and such. They will still rawwwk ... and hell, the media ALWAYS criticises MCR so theres not much we can say about that.
Heaven-Help-Me
Bleeding on the Floor
Heaven-Help-Me
January 3rd, 2008 at 09:00pm
Dang, I was gonna save up for a MCR concert too. oh, well.
Ironfist
Killjoy
Ironfist
January 3rd, 2008 at 09:08pm
dizzy water:
My Chemical Romance have said all along that after the black parade has died they will go on a 2 year break. They definately deserve one, they've only been working their arses off for like hmm 5-6 years now.

The questions are
What do you think will be different by the time they come back? Hair styles! Razz (except the Tofro)
Do you think it'll be like a green day scenario where fans (mostly the newer american idiot fans) have ditched them. Do you think it'll be like that for mcr? Some fans will get bored waiting and find something new? Possibly, but when they come back I'm sure they'll get their new album.
Will the media be as crazy about them as they are at the moment when they return?, do you think they'll be constantly played on music channels over them 2 years they're away? Will they still be filling huge arenas when they return? Yes, possibly, Yes.
etcetctetctetcetc you get the idea =]

I'm not even going to bother asking "will the guys change after their two year break?" because it doesn't take einstein to work out that yes of course they will everyone changes in 2 years.

if this has already done then by all means block away =]

Are they just taking a break from touring, or are they still going to be writing/recording?
Glitterlust
Salute You in Your Grave
Glitterlust
January 3rd, 2008 at 10:00pm
theyre taking a break to be with their families.
they've been touring for near enough 6 years now.

gerard has said in a few interviews that once theyve had some time off then they'll begin to write again :]
LostMyFear_ofFalling
Joining The Black Parade
LostMyFear_ofFalling
January 3rd, 2008 at 10:28pm
I think it's great that they're taking a break. They need to rest. After a while of non-stop media attention and touring, you run out of material and you get careless. Soon the shows would lose that energy from the band that makes us love going to their shows, and they would never get a chance to come up with new material. As long as they can stay grounded and keep writing music just for the sake of writing the music because they love it, I seriously doubt the next album will disappoint very many people. There's always going to be people that will criticize just because they want something to criticize. But I think this break will do a lot of good for them......and give them a chance to have babies! Lots and lots of little Frankie babies and Gerard and Mikey babies and they will be the CUTEST babies alive! ~squeal~
Noxmorexlies
Jazz Hands
Noxmorexlies
January 3rd, 2008 at 11:26pm
I had no idea it would be 2 years o_o; I hope that all the band members will be doing okay Gerard for example since he said that the band helped him cope, but being with Lyn-z and having even more support I think he will be okay.
Either way they DO deserve it and I think that of course their looks will be different but not overly so, as long as their music still has meaning and they still care for their fans, and they are doing okay or even better than okay it's all that matters to me.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
January 4th, 2008 at 10:49am
If we're lucky, trolls and the teenies will have moved on.
The Joker
Salute You in Your Grave
The Joker
January 4th, 2008 at 12:28pm
^^^ i hope so. at the moment i hate how people make advantage out of mcr fans. I mean before the black parade came out i could buy the headfirst for halos single for £2.50 now they're charging £22.50!!! O.o
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
January 4th, 2008 at 04:59pm
I think some "fans" will probably ditch the band.
But hell knows they need a break,wether it's 2 days or 2 years.
I think that their sound is going to be something like Bullets,judging from the new song they preformed in October or whenever.