Don't have an account? Create one!

They might be a poser

AuthorMessage
G Way
Jazz Hands
G Way
August 3rd, 2008 at 01:38am
just_another_cog:
If someone's talking about "Bullets" and you ask, "Oohh, is that their next album coming out?", you might be a poser.
That's a good one!
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
August 3rd, 2008 at 11:22am
True story here.

My friend and I were going to an amusment park with our parents a few years ago, and Were talking about music when i said. "Do you like My Chemical Romance" and she stated.

"Oh that one Green Day song everyone's talking about? I love it"

And I just couldn't even laugh. I was too shocked.

That doesn't really fit as to "poser" but I thought it might belong here.

*shakes head*

She knows better now.
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
August 3rd, 2008 at 11:44am
If the only place you see Gerard Way is right between Zac Efron and Miley Cyrus on J-14 then you might be a poseur.

If you have no respect for Ray Toro despite the fact that MCR would be nothing without his guitar playing then you just might be a poseur. (Why do so many people hate him?)
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
August 4th, 2008 at 06:59am
writerGrrl:
If you have no respect for Ray Toro despite the fact that MCR would be nothing without his guitar playing then you just might be a poseur. (Why do so many people hate him?)

I had no clue so many ppl hated him...! =( what the hell is not to like abt Ray Toro? i mean even as a non-fan -- who couldn't at least vaguely admire a dude with fantastic skills, great body, lovely personality and awesome hair?? a person who could hate that is not worth talking to! at all! sorry i'm getting passionate here! it's just that the thought of someone hating Ray (unless he's personally hurt them) makes me mad!

=OK crazy moment over= heh
tabbyhamster
Fabulous Killjoy
tabbyhamster
August 4th, 2008 at 08:15am
If you have the following converstations with someone and you said what the poser said
Fan: I saw Frank on L.A. ink last night.
Poser: So did I, hes the drummer right?
Fan: No he's the guitarist
Poser: No! the guy he got tatooed on was a drummer

Poser: what gender is the lead singer of my chemical romance?
Fan: The lead singer is a man named Gerard Way
Poser: He looks like a chick

You just might be a poser yourself
Holly Way
Jazz Hands
Holly Way
August 4th, 2008 at 09:59am
if you say 'OMG i love that band y'know the one with the hawt lead singer and the guitar dude, Frank Lero i think' YOU ARE PROBABLY A POSER!
Holly Way
Jazz Hands
Holly Way
August 4th, 2008 at 10:02am
[quote="Switchblade Saint"]
writerGrrl:

I had no clue so many ppl hated him...! =( what the hell is not to like abt Ray Toro? i mean even as a non-fan -- who couldn't at least vaguely admire a dude with fantastic skills, great body, lovely personality and awesome hair?? a person who could hate that is not worth talking to! at all! sorry i'm getting passionate here! it's just that the thought of someone hating Ray (unless he's personally hurt them) makes me mad!

Nicee rant!!!!!!!!!!!! Clap

i love it. stick up for what you believe in and what you feel is worth sticking up for, i absolutely believe that sticking up for music that you like and the bands that you like is what this site is all about
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
August 5th, 2008 at 11:32am
Switchblade Saint:

People think he's ugly. I heard some teenie call him a monkey before.
There's nothing wrong with getting passionate, I feel the same way.
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
August 5th, 2008 at 11:33am
If you say you like Gerard but say "ewww who's that fat nerd?" when you see pictures of him from the Revenge era then you just might be a poseur.
temptation.
Shotgun Sinner
temptation.
August 5th, 2008 at 11:37am
If you see pictures of Gerard from the Revenge era and say "who's that black-haired dude?is he a former member?" then you just might be a poser
MCR-crazy-94
Banned
MCR-crazy-94
August 5th, 2008 at 09:01pm
If you see a picture of Gerard from the Revenge era and say "Ehh Who's that creepy zombie?" , you might be a poser.
If you see their pictures before the were in MCR and call them 'names' and don't respect them,you ARE A POSER.
Little Miss Mental
Bleeding on the Floor
Little Miss Mental
August 6th, 2008 at 11:06pm
If someone EVER says "Gerald" is hot...shoot them--I-I mean they're a poser.

Or if they ever say Ray's hair is tacky they ARE a poser.
Little Miss Mental
Bleeding on the Floor
Little Miss Mental
August 6th, 2008 at 11:09pm
[quote="Holly Way"]
Switchblade Saint:
writerGrrl:

Nicee rant!!!!!!!!!!!! Clap

i love it. stick up for what you believe in and what you feel is worth sticking up for, i absolutely believe that sticking up for music that you like and the bands that you like is what this site is all about

^ Who the fuck could hate Manny?! Evil or Very MadHe's my fave little dude, though he's 5 inches taller than me. He's such a sweetheart, it almost puts me to tears that someone could hate or dislike him...whoever they are...they don't deserve to grace his presence...ever
Liek teh lulz!
Salute You in Your Grave
Liek teh lulz!
August 7th, 2008 at 04:09am
If you think MCR is emo, then you're a poser...I mean a 100% poser
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
August 7th, 2008 at 09:47pm
if someone says "I hate MyChem, but I love their new song-- Im Okay"

They are definately a poser

[this happened at cheer practice once]
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
August 8th, 2008 at 12:43am
If you tell people you read The Umbrella Academy but don't know any of the characters than you just might be a poseur.
Gerard Way.
In the Cannibal Glow
Gerard Way.
August 14th, 2008 at 02:38pm
if you start drinking at starbucks because the way bros love 'em, you might be a poser
Mercutio
Motor Baby
Mercutio
August 14th, 2008 at 03:20pm
I actually had this conversation:

Someone: It's a fashion statement.
Me: It's not a fashion statement, it's a deathwish!!!!
Poser: That sounds like a cool name for a song. Mind if I use it for my band? (It's a pop/R&B band.)
Me:Uh, it's already a song.
Poser: Oh, who by?
Me: My Chemical Romance.
Poser: Hahahahahahaha! You don't know anything. I'm Chemical Romance's (she didn't say MY Chemical Romance,) biggest fan. They don't have a song called It's not a fashion statement, it's a deathwish.
Me: Yeah, they do. It's on their second album --- (She cuts me off.)
Poser: Shut up, poser. They only have one album.
Me: Uh...so what's your favorite song?
Poser: Teenagers.
Me: Oh, okay.
Poser: But I love that B-side, I'm Not Okay.
Me: Really. That's great (Sarcastic.)
Poser: Who's your favorite member?
Me: I don't have one. They're all awesome.
Poser: You even like Mike? (I couldn't tell if she said Mikey or Mike...)
Me: Yeah, he's an inspiration, that's why I play bass, and he's so amazing battling bi-polar like that...
Poser: Yeah, I guess... (She obviously didn't know what I was on about.) So anyway, I suggest you actually go and buy their album. It's called Welcome to the Black Parade.

I just sighed and walked away.

If you say ANY of these things, you are a poser. End of story.
Gerard Way.
In the Cannibal Glow
Gerard Way.
August 14th, 2008 at 03:24pm
when you pretend to be depressed just because gerard and mikey way has depression, then you might be a poser
invisible monsters.
Bleeding on the Floor
invisible monsters.
August 14th, 2008 at 03:55pm
(referring to two posts above) oh shiiit, i'd get so pissed at that. bahahaha

when you and your friend are having a conversation about mychem (mostly talking about the bullets and revenge era) and one of you mentions teenagers, and someone at your table shouts "o-m-g! teenagers! i love that song! it's about time we started talking about my chemical romance, they're only the best band in the world"

uhm. they just might be a poser -___-