Don't have an account? Create one!

The Horrors

AuthorMessage
lanee.
In The Murder Scene
lanee.
May 17th, 2009 at 11:50am
Those pictures are so cute.
But I laughed really hard at the fringe on the back of Josh's coat, he looks like a mod-cowboy. xD
Plug in Baby.
Salute You in Your Grave
Plug in Baby.
May 17th, 2009 at 02:48pm
I was going to say the same mod-cowboy joke! xP
You beat me to the punch! haha I love the jacket though. Its kind of ugly, in a good way.
Joe's pants in that last one made me drool. I like. I like so very very much.

So, I'm officially rewriting Circus, starting today.
And if all goes well, I'm going to rewrite Junk, and possibly Lonely.
And if all those go well, I'm also going to rework What To Do.
Basically, what I'm getting at it, I'm going to be pumping out a lot of reading material, which means I'll need y'all to help me out and give them read throughs!
I'm really excited for Circus, I'm changing the actual story quite a bit!
wind opaine.
Patron Saint of Switchblade Fights
wind opaine.
May 17th, 2009 at 08:20pm
The jacket is very lol-worthy.

Oh Lizz, that is great.
I'd be more than happy to help you whenever you need it. :]
Mocker
Salute You in Your Grave
Mocker
May 18th, 2009 at 04:22am
Kristen and I just got back from the concert.
Fucking a-mazing.
We spoke with Joshua TWICE.
annnnnnnd we introduced ourselves as the 2 who came up with "HorrorStock"
and yes, he asked about Robbert XD

Shall upload stuff soon....
Mocker
Salute You in Your Grave
Mocker
May 18th, 2009 at 05:46am

We were sitting next to the merch table and random guy lifts his shorts up and askes Josh to sign his thigh. Best moment EVER.

Josh and I (of course, I look like shit -_-)

My hilarious stalker photo of Joshua through the bamboo. Felt like I was on a nature show [insert Steve Irwin accent here] He was waiting for a cab.
Few minutes later I walked up to him and had a chat. Kristen joined me a few minutes later. It was brilliant. He also has a hoop through his left ear.

Joseph and hilarious crotch shot of Faz. He kept getting in the way XD

Faz doing the booty popin’ XD Mae was right, he does dance all Elvis-like.

He was spinning around for a good few minutes.

Genius face here.

Our favorite photo. Took it by accident, ha!

Again, taken by accident, but turned out to be amazing.

Another favorite of ours. Joshua and Faris’ leg naturally framing Joe.

Adorable moment. He sat like that for a while.

Believe it or not, this wasn’t on Zoom. We were that close; front and center.

Emily Rotter and I.

The best merch girl EVER! She’s a completely and utter sweetheart. We love her.

KEY MOMENTS OF TODAY:

- Not even being at the venue 3 minutes, we spot Rhys and Joseph.
-Kristen called out to Rhys and said hello. I missed him because I was a bit stunned that Joe was standing a few feet away. A while later he, Joseph and Tomethy were getting in a cab. As I waved and said Hello, Rhys smiled and waved and said they would be back “to hang out with you guys” [actual quote there]
-A while later Faz, Joshua and Emily walked by. ‘Twas hell stunned but managed to say “Hello”
-A bit later they wandered back and we stopped them to chat. I was blabbering out of nervousness a lot and asked more than once if they were ok. Faris looked at me like I was rather strange but smiled and yes ladies, I died.
-About a half out later Joshua wandered out by himself and sat on the curb waiting for his cab. Out of no where I find myself walking up the steps and asked if I could join him. He said yes and I went to sit next to him and we chatted about basically, everything. He said this was the best tour ever. My god though, he is hilarious in person. A complete chatterbox but shy at the same time yet also hyper. Then Kristen came and joined us. I introduced her to Joshua and he reached over and shook her hand. It was bloody brilliant to be sitting on the curb talking with him like we were all old friends. There was absolutely no awkwardness at all nor being starstuck.
-Hour later Joseph walked by and I said hello. He replied with “Hello guys, going good?” We nodded and stuttered out Yes’s like a couple of dorks. Complete with goofy grins. Thanks goodness he walked inside before he could notice that.
-I went to the bathroom twice and each time they all walked out and I missed it! Grr…
-By the way, during all of this, we were sitting in an outdoor eating area and were surrounded by The Kills and The Magic Wands. But since we didn’t know them well at first, we didn’t realize it and could only guess. I then looked up pics of the bands and confirmed that yes, that was really them. We even chatted with the lead of The Kills without realizing who it was.
-Later on we lined up and about 20 minutes later, my niece who was with us came back looking dazed saying she just ran into them in the restaurant. She shook Tom's hand. Hilariously, since she didnt know his name, she kept calling him "The guy with the hair and nose"
- Rhys remembered us. Amanda didnt even have to stop him, he stopped her and apparently remembered us and kept his promise to come back. We now feel REALLY BAD that we left.
-The concert itself was INCREDIBLE. TMW and TK were spectacular; we didn’t expect to receive so much energy. It was really amazing to be completely, fully upclose with no barricade blocking us from the stage.
-Finally The Horrors came on and holy hell, they are a full on experience to see live. It was mindblowing. Faris spinned around, danced, and threw Joshua many death glares. Joseph rolled his eyes, smiled a lot and my god, he has some HIALRIOUS facial expressions when he is concentrating. Joshua rocked out hardcore, more than I’ve ever seen in out 3 years of knowing them. He went completely mental. He came up to us a lot, it was awesome. Faris did as well and for some very strange reason I reached out and grabbed his leg. He also nearly stepped on Kristen XD Other moments: Faris kneeled down and nestled his head in his arms, Rhys actually danced and Tom, believe or not rocked out…………..If anyone died of shock, sorry....
-Faris talked a lot, surprisingly and said it was a good crowd. I think Kristen and I and about 20 other people knew who TH was and were the only ones rocking out. We too went mental. Since we were most near Joshua, we fed off his energy a lot.
-After the set we went to sat by the merch table. We sat for a bit, dazed and beyond happy. Their set provides you with an energy than no one can compare to. We then went up to Emily and were mentally freaking out because we adore her to pieces. We got the CD (Joe is shirtless in the booklet btw XD) shirts and buttons. Finally forgetting my own personal shyness, I looked at Emily and said “I have been wanting to meet you for a long time, will you take a picture with me?” She seemed incredibly shy, shocked and flattered and proceeded to fix her hair, grinned at me and said “Ok!” Kristen took the photo. It made my YEAR. We love that girl to death.
-The Kills then came on and Joshua and Emily came out to the merch table. Josh had his dinner there and watched The Kills. We were only 2 feet away from him. Later he went out for a fag and then came in and started pretty much waltzing with Emily. BEST MOMENT EVER! They were grinning and laughing like complete dorks; it was amazing to witness.
-Later an insanely hilarious and probably drunk couple came up to us and tried to get us to dance. It was hilarious.
-After this, Chris of TMW shockingly remembered us, walked up and gave us a wand. Random but amazing moment.
-Towards the end of TK set, a guy jumped up on the merch table, lifted his Daisy Duke shorts and pushed his thigh towards Joshua to sign. Josh found this HILARIOUS and chuckled as he was signing and drawing on this kid. It was the single most random but brill moment.
-After TK set ended Joshua walked by and I stopped him to ask for a picture. He grinned and nodded. My niece took the picture and we all chatted. I was talking insanely fast but managed to get out a “good set/you were amazing/tell the others they were great” and a thank you for putting the web cam up last year. I then proceeded to tell him about HS08. He didn’t remember for a second but it all came rushing back and he grinned like crazy. (So many hand motions going on) Then he started laughing and asked “What did you name the guy who had the coffee?!!” Kristen and I died for a moment that he actually remembered, and all but shouted out “ROBBERT!!” He then did the thing that made our night…..he laughed.
And yes, it was that laugh. It is hilarious to hear that in person!!!! He was like "Yea yea, thats what it was. Well, Im very honored to meet the people who came up with HorrorStock"
Anyway, we both hugged him twice (he is really soft, squishy, adorable and smells reallllly good) After he shook Kristen’s hand the second time he did a mini bow and said he was “Charmed” He was still laughing by then and got a kick out of our story about HS.
-Kristen later gave him the wand we got from Chris and he looked at her like “Say what?” and proceeded to say “Do you know what would happen if I took this back there? They would cock me and think I took their merch or something. I’d also look strange holding a fork and a wand in each hand……I need the fork!”
-There were other people there giving us death glares that we were hogging Joshua but too bad!
-I then asked what Freddie Cowan was up to and damn..............JOSHUA.WENT.FAN.GIRL!
He was all jazzed that I asked! He then proceeded to go off for a good while about how amazing and awesome Freddie as a guitarist is. But he told us that The Daze are pretty much done because Freddie is such a brilliant guitarist that he’s in HIGH demand but is still making music. The way he went on and on and on about Freddie was brilliant. All in all he was a total sweetheart and didn’t mind that we bothered his again for the second time that day and didn’t mind either that we asked for many hugs and handshakes XD At one point I complimented him on his guitar playing and he blushed XDDDDDD
-As we were leaving, the “Signed Thigh Guy” runs up to Joshua like a moment in The Notebook and jumps in Josh’s arms and Josh swung him around like crazy and was laughing.
-As we walked out of the venue, we saw Rhys on the stairs having a fag while wearing this hilarious, loud, 50’s shirt that was complete with paisley and flowers.
-We sat down for a bit just incase another Horror came out but left since it was getting late. As we were walking off, Kristen spotted Chris of TMW and we ambushed him with thank you’s and hugs and ‘youre incredible’s’ Dexy walked up a minute later, we hugged her too, begged them to come back to Portland and she must of liked us so much ‘cause she gave us shirts for free. A few guys walked up asking for some but she said ‘No’ XD

And that the story of Kristen and Maria seeing The Horrors. They are amazing.
Flick
Really Not Okay
Flick
May 18th, 2009 at 09:00am
Ok, I'll just come out and say it first
I'm fucking jealous.
Donald Trefusis
In The Murder Scene
Donald Trefusis
May 18th, 2009 at 12:45pm
that sounds positively ballin'.
Junkett
Jazz Hands
Junkett
May 18th, 2009 at 01:00pm
I just can't even begin to process in my mind how absolutly spectacular everything was. And this being my first concert is just mind blowing. You couldn't ask for any more sweet people then The Horrors. We only had to wait like 4 minutes before everyone started walking around and that was 2pm and the concert didn't start till 7:30pm. I currently can not sleep beacuse Joshua said they were staying there the next day here in Portland as well. All you want to do is go back. This is Kristen by the way, haha.
lanee.
In The Murder Scene
lanee.
May 18th, 2009 at 02:32pm
That sounds seriously amazing, I'm mega jealous also.

Fml.
Donald Trefusis
In The Murder Scene
Donald Trefusis
May 18th, 2009 at 06:02pm
there's a download going for today only of a new Horror's cover of a Manic Street Preacher's song.
it's an instrumental, but it's good.
and Manic Street Preachers have comvered a b-side of Who Can Say, but the Horror's version isn't around yet, i don't think.
clicky.
nice that they're getting friendly with other bands.
Plug in Baby.
Salute You in Your Grave
Plug in Baby.
May 18th, 2009 at 09:25pm
Oh, that Portland show says great. I was supposed to be there, haha.
Its okay though! I was fortunate enough to see them on the last run :]
And I will continue to tell myself that so that I don't cry!
And continue to listen to 'Mr Sex' by Lenny Burns, imagining Faris singing it.

I wish the pictures would load so I could see them!
My internet is being really queer.
wind opaine.
wind opaine.
May 22nd, 2009 at 04:22pm
Donald Trefusis
In The Murder Scene
Donald Trefusis
May 23rd, 2009 at 07:11am
brilliant photos.
they're looking pretty damn impressive.
Plug in Baby.
Salute You in Your Grave
Plug in Baby.
May 23rd, 2009 at 01:55pm
Faris' wrist band said "Neumo's",
thats the venue in Seattle.
I'm still a little bitter, not going to lie. 21+? Really?
I like Tom's outfit, he looks like he might go to a nice italian dinner after the show.
wind opaine.
wind opaine.
May 24th, 2009 at 12:16pm
Plug in Baby.
Salute You in Your Grave
Plug in Baby.
May 24th, 2009 at 02:13pm
Hahaha, how accurate!
I love Faz's eyes, and I don't know why xP
Donald Trefusis
In The Murder Scene
Donald Trefusis
May 30th, 2009 at 08:45am
the inevitable has happened.
the horrors thread has drifted onto page 2.
;__;
crashes.
Awake and Unafraid
crashes.
May 30th, 2009 at 06:03pm
Oh dear.
I suppose it had to happen eventually.
):

Not much news when they're touring..
Plug in Baby.
Salute You in Your Grave
Plug in Baby.
May 30th, 2009 at 11:28pm
Oh no, we've really let ourselves go.
We need those boys to do something crazy and exciting,
so we'll all start giggling and babbling like the fan girls we are.
And do you know what kind of fan girls we are?
Thats right; the best kind.
crashes.
Awake and Unafraid
crashes.
May 31st, 2009 at 11:29am
We are the best kind of fan girls.
I totally agree.
^-^

We need something neww. o: