Don't have an account? Create one!

Kyosuke Himuro ft. Gerard

AuthorMessage
Need to know.
Salute You in Your Grave
Need to know.
April 24th, 2009 at 04:35pm

The lyrics are beautiful, Gee looks and sounds awesome and the band's quite good. But personally, I don't like the singer at all. His voice really annoyed me and I couldn't even understand what he was saying.
Fading Sanity
Bleeding on the Floor
Fading Sanity
April 25th, 2009 at 07:30pm
Hmm... it was pretty good. But I'm having mixed feelings. I didn't like the strange reverb thing they did to Gerard's voice... it made him sound too ordinary. The band itself I liked in the beginning but they kind of became generic towards the end.

I guess it was just weird to see Gerard in this kind of video and band.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
April 25th, 2009 at 08:09pm
OHMYFUCKINGGOD. im so stupid. I spent my last itunes dollar on another song. I should have waited 4 days to get that song Sad

Oh and Gerard sounds like beyond amazing. So much more better than the past albums, makes me excited for their new one. Hes gonna sound so great.
He just sounds like he's gonna be able to do more with his voice.

And the other guy, IMO can't sing as well as I hoped. I dont know, maybe its the accent.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
April 26th, 2009 at 12:20pm
I think this song is OK. It's not the best ever. I like Gerard's singing though, I don't like the other person. I can't understand him.
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
April 26th, 2009 at 02:23pm
I'm in love. In Love

I absolutely love this song. it is brilliant, the singers brilliant, the musics brilliant, Gerard's just fabulous! he always sounds so much better when he is with another band (See Under Pressure), and sounded fantastic.

I really like this song so much.
macabre de coiffure
Fabulous Killjoy
macabre de coiffure
April 27th, 2009 at 04:18am
I adore this. (: Gerard sounds amazing, it's made me even more excited for the new album.

The singer's voice and accent doesn't bother me all that much - I really like J-Rock, and tbh he has much better English than some Japanese singers I've heard. =P Might have been better if he'd sung in Japanese while Gerard sung in English, but oh well.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
April 27th, 2009 at 07:22am
macabre de coiffure:
Might have been better if he'd sung in Japanese while Gerard sung in English, but oh well.

Yeah that probably wouldn't have borthered me that much. Because like, he's not THAT annoying and he doesn't ruin the song or anything, but I probably would've liked it more if he did that instead.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
April 29th, 2009 at 03:52pm
macabre de coiffure:
Might have been better if he'd sung in Japanese while Gerard sung in English, but oh well.

I dont believe Gerard has that much Japanese skills, to write the lyrics CORRECTLY in Jap.
Do keep in mind he wrote the whole lyrics AND music.

....i could be wrong, about the Japeneese skills.
macabre de coiffure
Fabulous Killjoy
macabre de coiffure
April 30th, 2009 at 12:52am
Michael Way.:
I dont believe Gerard has that much Japanese skills, to write the lyrics CORRECTLY in Jap.

My bad, I'd forgotten it was Gerard who wrote the lyrics. (:

Who knows. Maybe Gerard has crazy Japanese language skills none of us knew about. =P
Brittany_Bloodsucker
Killjoy
Brittany_Bloodsucker
April 30th, 2009 at 10:10am
gnihsams snikpmup.:
if someone has, please direct me to it, and i'll lock this. i searched and got nothing:

「Safe And Sound」
KYOSUKE HIMURO feat. GERARD WAY

Song made in collaboration with My Chemical Romance vocalist
Gerard Way is being released over iTunes Store!
2009.4.29 Release!!
More info.

Gerard Way has written the sound and lyrics for this song. He has also
joined as a vocalist in this project, as well as joint producer.

This song has also been assigned to the ending song of the Blu-ray
disk, Final Cut Version of the 『FINAL FANTASY VLL ADVENT
CHILDREN COMPLETE』, HIMURO provided 「CALLING」 to
the previous DVD Version 『FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN

source.
========
he looks and sounds pretty darn good, y/y?
i have this odd thing about certain guys driving cars...

Shit I just posted something about this in the other thread fml xD
Brittany_Bloodsucker
Killjoy
Brittany_Bloodsucker
April 30th, 2009 at 10:11am
macabre de coiffure:
Michael Way.:

My bad, I'd forgotten it was Gerard who wrote the lyrics. (:

Who knows. Maybe Gerard has crazy Japanese language skills none of us knew about. =P

See, now I would love to here Gerard speak actual Japanese xD that would be Epic. I wanna have a convo with him in Japanese Very Happy
I'm A Bullet.I Kill!
Jazz Hands
I'm A Bullet.I Kill!
April 30th, 2009 at 11:08pm
i have never heard of himuro. no offence to him but he needs to fix his pronunciation, i don't get anything he says. otherwise,it's a good song
macabre de coiffure
Fabulous Killjoy
macabre de coiffure
May 1st, 2009 at 12:01am
I'm A Bullet.I Kill!:
i have never heard of himuro. no offence to him but he needs to fix his pronunciation, i don't get anything he says. otherwise,it's a good song

I think he actually did a pretty good job considering it isn't his first language. English isn't an easy language for Japanese people to learn.
Firegarder
Joining The Black Parade
Firegarder
May 1st, 2009 at 06:24am
Anyone know how I can get this song in the UK? Like is it having a later release here, is it being released here at all? etc... Can't find it on our itunes at least anyway!
look alive sunshine.
Shotgun Sinner
look alive sunshine.
May 1st, 2009 at 07:35am
^ it was supposed to be on itunes on the 29th, but as far as i can see it still isn't there. =/
i live in the u.s, so...yeah
MiDesfileNegro
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MiDesfileNegro
May 1st, 2009 at 09:22am
I heard that apparently it's only the Japanese iTunes that got it on the 29th. Which sucks. Sad
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 1st, 2009 at 09:45am
MiDesfileNegro:
I heard that apparently it's only the Japanese iTunes that got it on the 29th. Which sucks. Sad
Watson posted about it on dotcom without mentioning any limitations, so I'm guessing it will become available everywhere else eventually.
MiDesfileNegro
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MiDesfileNegro
May 1st, 2009 at 09:54am
Deb:
Watson posted about it on dotcom without mentioning any limitations, so I'm guessing it will become available everywhere else eventually.

Oh right, hopefully it does then! I can't wait Mr. Green
look alive sunshine.
Shotgun Sinner
look alive sunshine.
May 1st, 2009 at 11:55am
indeed. thanks deb for the info =D
believing.
Salute You in Your Grave
believing.
May 1st, 2009 at 12:41pm
Well, Kyosuke Himuro is already 49, and he sounds pretty good for someone who's first language isn't English. He's done quite a few songs for OVP's and animes, and is well known for being in the Japanese band Boøwy.

Gerard sounds really good in the song, and even though I don't get the video, I love the trailer they made for the movie though. Cloud = Very Happy

I can't wait to see Final Fantasy VII, oh god, I love the movies so much. /die-hard anime fan