MS Paint Adventures (MSPA)

AuthorMessage
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
October 17th, 2014 at 08:55pm
Posted on 16 October 2014 by Andrew

The Itinerary.

Or maybe, since Halloween is coming up, I should call it The Itinerscary. Especially because we may be in store for some spoooooky server crashes with these first few update dumps. Eep, I'm gettin the willies here!

One page today to test the waters (or uh, yesterday). When that's done and the coast is clear (it won't be), I'll post a bunch of pages on the 17th and 18th (oops, now the 18th and 19th). Then there will be nothing until 10/25. And then nothing until 11/1, at which point regular updates will begin again, according to an update schedule which I will share with you on that day. Then you will know which precise pattern of dates you will need to handcuff yourself to a computer and plug in your custom keyboard that only has a single giant F5 key.

It would seem against my better judgment, or really my ability to control in any way whatsoever, a fair amount of hype has been brewing for the return of Homestuck. People are jacked up. They are doing little dances in places they cannot be seen. They are writhing in kiddie pools of pins and needles for the return of all their favorite fantasy children. "John." "Karkat." And more. So it's hard to avoid finding it just a LITTLE funny that after a year-long drought, hopping back in the saddle means we will have to wade through 50 pages of completely atrocious garbage before anything happens. It's funny how life works out sometimes. Funnier than a clown tickling a horse. Sometimes you pause your famous webcomic for a year, and then your grand reopening is a lot of bad anime. On such occasions, when life hands you those kooky lemons, there is really only one thing you can say.

Fuck lemonade. These lemons are incredible.
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
October 17th, 2014 at 11:37pm
You can just say to check the news board you know
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
October 18th, 2014 at 12:00am
I prefer reading on the site anyways
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
October 18th, 2014 at 01:11am
Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
October 18th, 2014 at 09:16am
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
October 18th, 2014 at 06:59pm
AAAAAAAAAH I can't believe it stopped there! IT's back bitch
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
October 18th, 2014 at 07:03pm
By the way brandy this is you first mini update wait. Congratz
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
October 19th, 2014 at 12:44am
Baby's first update wait. <3
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
October 19th, 2014 at 12:46am
Even though you don't like reading it here, I'm posting it here, so get used to it.

Meant to put this here sooner along with the updates, but still been tweaking some server stuff. Caliborn's self insert guy is a nod to some classic fan art from 4 years ago, which to my memory was the first speculative drawing of LE before he was introduced. (Actually I guess two people made it? Didn't know, but thanks to both of them for the inspiration.) Also definitely wanna point out I'm not making fun of that art, which I think is a good drawing. I do remember once upon a time thinking it was pretty funny to imagine LE as a cool anime guy though. So maybe that idea stuck with me all these years and led to the inspiration for this ridiculous arc? Who knows how inspiration really works. Anyway it's all in good fun, and I still sometimes try to do the "reader input influencing story outcomes" in little ways like this to keep that part of MSPA alive, even long after the fanbase got too big to do it directly through commands.

The drawing he linked to (can't be assed to put it in the actual fucking thing)
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
October 19th, 2014 at 01:43am
why
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
October 19th, 2014 at 02:54am
I find it so so so weird that Hussie didn't bother telling them he was going to put their art into the comic. Not even for a page either he spent a lot of time on that joke.
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
October 19th, 2014 at 03:01am
I wouldn't have even known it was fanart since I'm not really plugged into the community. I didn't know that he has tried to involve fanmade things in the story to give it more life, previously. That's why I love yogscast stuff because the community and the canon arcs are closely linked. I'll probably get more into it once the momentum of the updates start because the yogs was where my attention was at with the pause. This will be interesting because I anticipate big things with them too. If I seem overly excited at everything and overwhelmed that's why. Juggling two obsessions is exhausting
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
October 19th, 2014 at 10:07am
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
October 19th, 2014 at 10:07am
I'm still completely winded from yesterday, but to be honest I don't really have an opinion one way or another about it.
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
October 19th, 2014 at 03:01pm
Really? Crediting artists is really important.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
October 19th, 2014 at 03:22pm
I know, but like the whole situation... he meant to credit them but didn't because of problems, and forgot to ask about it but apologised. I just don't really care now, everything is fine.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
October 19th, 2014 at 03:23pm
CelestialBlue:
why

Why... what?
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
October 19th, 2014 at 04:45pm
I read that it just didn't occur to him for some reason once he decided it would be funny which is beyond me. I feel squeamish if I don't credit someone just for being inspired by their art, because ideas are really important to trace since they're not tangible. It's odd that, as an artist, he didn't instantly prioritize that.
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
October 19th, 2014 at 04:46pm
It wasn't very professional of him is what I'm saying.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
October 19th, 2014 at 04:47pm
Oh. Well I mean the original artist(s) are cool now that he has credited them and apologised for not notifying them at first. So since they're cool, accepted his apology... I don't really see the issue.