Don't have an account? Create one!

AFI

AuthorMessage
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
March 9th, 2008 at 12:24am
uhh, no updates on the EP that I know of, but I believe Jade essentially promised It'd be out early this year. =/

Jade is being sooo good at talking to fans online lately. <3333333
hide from the sun
Killjoy
hide from the sun
March 10th, 2008 at 04:15pm
Hm this might be a stupid question but anyway did Jade remix a Marlin Manson song or am I just going crazy?
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
March 10th, 2008 at 05:46pm
hide from the sun:
Hm this might be a stupid question but anyway did Jade remix a Marlin Manson song or am I just going crazy?
Yep, he remixed Heart Shaped Glasses. (=
Good remix, too.
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
March 29th, 2008 at 09:59pm
Ohai, poor dead thing.
I think I'll revive you.

One of my brother's friends is an Affy fan.
It was very hard to resist the temptation to go up to him and be like, "I APPROVE OF DIS BOY. :D"
bella;
Bleeding on the Floor
bella;
March 30th, 2008 at 04:30am
That made me giggle. One time I said hi to a guy on the street who had the same shirt as me (I Hate Punk Rock) and he looked at me strangely...

No one I know really likes them anymore. I don't understand why.
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
March 30th, 2008 at 12:48pm
Hate when people go all weird. No funnn. > : [
Myabe it's because we're in between albums, so they're just sort of not interested until there's new stuff? =/
la cerise
Bulletproof Heart
la cerise
March 30th, 2008 at 01:12pm
crowley.:
Hate when people go all weird. No funnn. > : [
Myabe it's because we're in between albums, so they're just sort of not interested until there's new stuff? =/
Yeah, I've seen that happen with a lot of good bands. =[

.......Oh hey fellow AFI fans. Very Happy

*feels like she has nothing else important to say*
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
March 30th, 2008 at 04:13pm
Haiiiii.

Wonder what happened to that EP. =/
And I'm so getting an affee tattoo when I'm 18. (:
Even though my mom will flip out if she finds out.
bella;
Bleeding on the Floor
bella;
March 31st, 2008 at 05:05am
Awesome, did you have anything particular in mind?
And yeah, I'm wondering about that EP as well...

EDIT: Off topic.. is the Tiger Army thread pretty much dead?
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
March 31st, 2008 at 03:21pm
Yep. =]
The IHAV moth.
It's not as obvious, but I love moths as well, and I just generally really like how it looks.

And yeah, I think it is. =/
la cerise
Bulletproof Heart
la cerise
March 31st, 2008 at 05:48pm
*has just recently acquired the A Fire Inside EP and All Hallow's EP, as well as Black Sails in the Sunset and Answer That and Stay Fashionable*

Tehe

Haha, my friend Stephanie is one of the most hardcore AFI fans I've ever met (not that a whole lot of people I've met have even heard of AFI Rolling Eyes ). She was real excited to learn last year that I had a Miss Murder tee shirt that I wear often (in fact, I have it on now). I should drag her over here.......xD
bella;
Bleeding on the Floor
bella;
April 1st, 2008 at 04:44am
Yay new people ^^ and good choices there. At the moment I'm collecting everything on vinyl, which is a bitch.

Ooohhh moths are lovely. Great idea.

Damn about the TA thread... I'll just post here then? I MET THEM!!1! in Perth. Kinda a long story which might be a bit spam-ish. But yeah. Geoff! <33
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
April 1st, 2008 at 05:37pm
All Hallows is soooooo good. Totalimmortal is an amazing live song, too. <3

Wow, vinyl? I'd sorta like to, but I kind of rely on my iPod, so that's not such a good idea. Only thing I own on vinyl isn't AFI, or particularly close. It's Sweeney Todd original cast, and that's because my cousin found it at her grandmother's house and asked if I wanted it. I very much did. ^^
I've loved moths for ages. It's kind of a funny coincidence between all of it. I first noticed the moth on the inside of the DU booklet, actually, and it really caught my eye, and I started messing around, drawing variations of it. And so when they made it the picture on the cover of IHAV, I noticed immediately and was all excited. And then, to add to all of that, there was a screening of IHAV nearby, so I went, and that was the first time I really felt like a true AFI fan. Even though I'd been to a concert before, two actually, this was when I sort of felt 'accepted'. Anyway, so it means a bunch to me.
I also hope to get "freezetheframe', probably all stuck together like that because I don't know, I like it, and I'd love to have Jade write it, if I ever meet him again. Since it's Davey's lyrics, so I'd like to have something of Jade there too.
We'll see. x]

Oooooh, awesome! Whatever, TELL THE STORYYYYY. =D
bella;
Bleeding on the Floor
bella;
April 2nd, 2008 at 05:46am
Yeah, I live off iTunes but my dad bought me DU for Xmas and I found ATASF at a local record store so I figured I might as well. At least I still have a record player, it was gonna get thrown out last year.

ANYWAY, Tiger Army! Okay, so my mum was dropping me and my friend Lois off in the city cuz we were meeting up with some people. We drove past Hungry Jack's (which is like the Aus equivalent of Burger King maybe?) and I saw three guys wearing black with tattoos and shaved heads and I was like NOWAII so I got mum to drop us right there and was like LOIS WE'RE GOING THAT WAY and kinda dragged her with me to HJ's. They were inside waiting in line and I was a little scared out because I didn't know if it was them for sure but then Nick turned his head and I pretty much freaked out. Lois was all "well go talk to them" and so we went inside and walked over to Geoff. It went kinda like:
"Um... hi... you're Tiger Army... wow..."
*smile* "Yep, we are"
"Ahhh you guys are like one of my all time favourite bands, and you know I'd be at your show tonight but it's 18+"
"Oh, yeah... sorry about it"
"That's okay, I'm just glad that you actually bothered coming to Perth"
*Lois nudging me impatiently*
"I have to go, hope you have a great time here"
"Thanks, see you"

And yes, I was in such shock or something like it that I actually don't remember who said what. Geoff smiled at meee :] It was Nick and Geoff that did the talking, I didn't ask for a picture or anything because you could tell by looking at James how tired they were, so they must have just flown in or something. Anyway we went out of HJ's and I was actually shaking (out of all the bands I've met, this was the only time I felt starstruck if that's what you call it...). Just knowing that it was the same guy who was on IHAV, the same guy who was in early AFI and Horrorpops, the same guy who did drumming for Rezurex and Nekromantix... yeah, it had a big impact on me.

Well that's my story, later on Lois asked me why they were in a fast food resteraunt if they're vegan. I don't use this experession but seriously, *headdesk*
Cherokee
Banned
Cherokee
April 2nd, 2008 at 12:23pm
What Does AFI stand for anyway? I know those guys, but don't have time to go look it up. help please!
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
April 2nd, 2008 at 06:01pm
AFI stands for A Fire Inside.

& awesome! It's really good of them to have taken the time to talk to you and all, even for the short time, when they were so tired. Some people would be total jerks about it, nice to know that they're cool. =)
When I met Davey and Jade, I shook so fucking hard. It was weird, because I really didn't expect to do that at all, but as soon as I saw them go into the building (it was a BA listening party, I went with a contest winner), I just started completely shaking so bad. =/
trick
Bleeding on the Floor
trick
April 2nd, 2008 at 09:55pm
alivvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve.

omg @ ep tracklist.
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
April 2nd, 2008 at 09:58pm
!!!!!!!!!!

For all ye who haven't seen it:

-100 Words
-Carcinogen Crush
-Ether
-Suicide Romantic
-Chair Kicking
bella;
Bleeding on the Floor
bella;
April 3rd, 2008 at 05:36am
Chair Kicking..? I wanna hear it nowwww.
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
April 3rd, 2008 at 07:30pm
Lawl.
So apparently it was a practical joke and we don't have the titles yet.
Damn.

But it was pretty funny, and actually worked on like all of us. Hahaha.