Don't have an account? Create one!

Education

AuthorMessage
Innamorata
Awake and Unafraid
Innamorata
May 31st, 2006 at 07:19pm
What are you thoughts about college and school all together? Do you think it's a waste of time or a great way to earn a well paying job. Do you think education is important for your future? In my opinion, education is the way to become successful in life.

Thoughts?

Opinions?
that drukq.
Always Born a Crime
that drukq.
May 31st, 2006 at 07:26pm
It annoys me when people say that school is stupid, and has no meaning, or that it's a waste of time. Without school, you wouldn't be able to read. And to all of you here on INO who think school is dumb; if you weren't taught to read, how would you read your beloved fan fictions? School is a big part of ANYONE'S life. Sure, teachers can sometimes annoy us all and be uncooperative, but they're the adults, and that's just the way they are.

In my opinion, school was not a waste of my time AT ALL.
riceroll.
Salute You in Your Grave
riceroll.
May 31st, 2006 at 09:34pm
In my opinion, I think school is very helpful. I have already found certain things about me that I never knew before and even though some people say "oh it's just school" It does mean ALOT to me.

Personally, I want to get accepted into a fine art school either in canada or in the united states. Getting out of Canada would be nice once and awhile though.
Other.
Bleeding on the Floor
Other.
May 31st, 2006 at 10:37pm
Incognito:
It annoys me when people say that school is stupid, and has no meaning, or that it's a waste of time. Without school, you wouldn't be able to read. And to all of you here on INO who think school is dumb; if you weren't taught to read, how would you read your beloved fan fictions? School is a big part of ANYONE'S life. Sure, teachers can sometimes annoy us all and be uncooperative, but they're the adults, and that's just the way they are.

In my opinion, school was not a waste of my time AT ALL.

I agree with you 100% As much as I hate to admit it I really like school. It's where I met most of my friends and it's basically where everything happens, because I don't really have a social life outside of school. Everyone should thank their teachers. Sure they may really get on your nerves but there are always those teachers who are really nice and cool. I was blessed with three teachers like that this year and I'm going to miss them.
Pieces Mended
Shotgun Sinner
Pieces Mended
May 31st, 2006 at 10:43pm
Education is the key to having a well paid job and to be successful in life. It annoys me when people drop out of school because they say its too hard or they don't like the teacher and all that bull crap. You're just lazy and ignorant.
not tonight
Thinking Happy Thoughts
not tonight
May 31st, 2006 at 11:02pm
We need education.
Even if people in the school may be pricks.
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
May 31st, 2006 at 11:13pm
I'd like to learn latin rather than spanish. I hate spanish.
But yeah, I think that school is necessary.
Celine For War
Shotgun Sinner
Celine For War
May 31st, 2006 at 11:31pm
I think all of us should have education because I believe all of us want to succeed. Yeah, there are some people who succeed that haven't got enough education (just like those who are in bands or in show business. but I'm not saying all of them) but educated people have an edge.
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
May 31st, 2006 at 11:34pm
Celine:
I think all of us should have education cuz i believe all of us want to succeed.

My edumacation teaches me to spell "because" the way it should be spelled. Wink
Celine For War
Shotgun Sinner
Celine For War
May 31st, 2006 at 11:36pm
Yara:

My edumacation teaches me to spell "because" the way it should be spelled. Wink

i'm sorry. thanks for correcting me. Smile
reinvent love.
Bulletproof Heart
reinvent love.
June 1st, 2006 at 01:20am
Education is not all the time needed. I mean, what if you wanted to be a model? I don't think you need to know algebra and nouns and pronouns and stuff like that to do a catwalk.

In my opinion, kindergarten to 5th grade is all we need. Unless a person doesn't know how to read, they should take whatever class they need or something. If a person wants to get farther in life, they can go to middle school, and even farther, to high school. It's not all needed. Only the basics.

BUT. Then again, when a child is out of 5th grade, they would be 9-10 years old. What would they do in their spare time until they're old enough for a job permitt?
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
June 1st, 2006 at 01:28am
I believe that education is the foundation of "civilized" society. Education is the stonework that keeps us above the muck of ignorance, bias and hatred.

Humans fear and hate most what they do not understand.

If that foundation ever crumbles, we will find ourselves back in the murkyness and obscurity of ignorance.
Bloodraine
Jazz Hands
Bloodraine
June 1st, 2006 at 06:42am
*EvaAdore*:
education is the key to having a well paid job and to be successful in life. it annoyes me when people drop out of school because they say its too hard or they dont like the teacher and all that bullcrap your just lazy and ignorant

Haha. I made your avatar. Cool

Sorry, back to the matter in hand. Education, and not just school education, is very important to me as a person. I'm pretty academically motivated, I do well in school. To be honest, I don't see why anyone would want to turn down the opportunity to better themselves as a person, because I believe in all that 'Knowledge is power' stuff. The more you know, the better you become.

I think everyone needs a pretty basic standard of education, where would we be without that?. But whereas I intend to go on to higher education like university, I appreciate that isn't for everyone.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
June 1st, 2006 at 06:47am
which is better, state or private education?
Bloodraine
Jazz Hands
Bloodraine
June 1st, 2006 at 06:51am
clarissa:

I have state education and I'd say I get along just fine without my parents having to pay extortionate fees to get me into some fancy private school. Plus, many private schools refuse to take in students who aren't that bright, they only take in clever students so thats why they get the best grades.

It doesn't matter how much you pay, anyway. If you're a bright kid, you'll get there eventually. There is more to education than school, also.
death by plane;
Killjoy
death by plane;
July 7th, 2006 at 09:12pm
Education is indeed very important.
If nobody went to school, most of us would be amazingly stupid, possibly living in a cardboard box.
School prepares you for the real world, where you'll have to know how to do all sorts of things, even if you think you may never have to use, say, math during any one time of your life.
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
July 7th, 2006 at 09:59pm
I think education is highly important, regardless of what job you want to pursue in the future.

Depending on what you want to do with yourself in the future, you might need to go onto university/college whatever it might be. Or you might be able to drop out, and still do want you want.

But I still think it's a good way for people to fall back on, if things don't work out.
It also helps to get a job, even part-time while at school. You're more likely to be employed with some educational knowledge, I personally think.

To me, school and education plays a huge part in my life. My parents encourage me a lot to do well in school, because I'm capable of doing so.
I really want to succeed in my education and future, so I don't think school is a waste of time at all.
arsonist; edlaine
Shotgun Sinner
arsonist; edlaine
July 7th, 2006 at 11:03pm
clarissa:
Well, private education.

I go to a private school and I believe that it's better than public schools. Even though there are still bullies, people treat you with more respect and you learn more there.

I'm not saying that state education is bad because I have no experience with it. There are also good things that you can learn from a state school.

But in my opinion, private education is better. =]

Is anybody here having problems with co-education?
dRowNingInmYsorRowS
Thinking Happy Thoughts
dRowNingInmYsorRowS
July 13th, 2006 at 04:40pm
There are some people in the world that literally can't have education or school, and others that are in a perfectly nice school - but they 'hate it.' I say sometimes that school is screwy - which it is, sometimes, in case you haven't visited there - but in the end, education means a lot more to me than I say so. I mean, if you've never had any education, you would want it. Some people are just so spoiled in education (doesn't make sense, I know, but I'll keep on talking) that they take it for granted. If you didn't have education, you wouldn't be here right now, in this forum. You would most likely be homeless, or starving - or dead. Education is not only hand in hand with civilization, but it's a way of surviving this world. Nowadays, you won't be able to get a good-paying job without a Master's Degree - much less a high school diploma.
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
July 13th, 2006 at 06:30pm
High school, and your basic education is the most important thing in your life.
Without it, you have basically nothing.

University is just way too expensive.
Sure, you can get a loan...but you spend the next twenty years paying it off.
Scholarship? Yeah, they help, if you're lucky enough to get one.
I can't spend forty thousand dollars on an education, sorry. I'm not rich.