Don't have an account? Create one!

Ableism

AuthorMessage
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 27th, 2011 at 08:06pm
I can understand why some people see special need people as "inferior"; I don't believe in anyway it is right; but they feel like these people can't contribute to society.
By no means is this accurate though, I have worked with special need children for years and I'm a very active member of the deaf community.

Deaf culture and deaf people had to fight for their respect, they have been targeted through-out history. They developed their own culture and their own language. I do hear, but I am a very active member still in the deaf community; by no means are "deaf" people inferior. Many of them don't look at being deaf as even being a disability, it can be hard to live with, but many deaf people are very content. Deaf people are just like other people, they work, have families, etc.

Special needs people, who have such things as down syndrome and autism are not just some "burden" to society. There's so many things to a person, and if someone has a disability that doesn't define them. Their just like you and me.
mar0o0ha
Bleeding on the Floor
mar0o0ha
August 31st, 2011 at 03:52pm
its a very bad thing to do bcause those people had there disability by destiny and it wasnt there choice and this could hurt him too much and break there hearts ... i think we should be normal with them so treat them like the others this could help them feel similar to the others and thats better
Destroya_Doll
Killjoy
Destroya_Doll
May 9th, 2012 at 10:54pm
To say that one is "DISabled" is in itself discrimination.

Is it not? Wink
hunteri heroici.
Always Born a Crime
hunteri heroici.
May 14th, 2012 at 06:46am
Discriminating against anyone is completely wrong.
Disabled people are not inferior as human beings, since we're all equal.
A disability really doens't define a person.
There are many examples of how strong these people can be.
& they've contributed im so many things such as athletics, science etc.