Don't have an account? Create one!

Evanescence

AuthorMessage
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
April 11th, 2007 at 08:07pm

Amy Lee has the most amazing voice I have ever heard, it has a great range and has this haunting kind of sound to it.
THeir new Album is really well done, I think the bands a lot better without Ben Moody in it!
Razz
Metallic Princess
Bleeding on the Floor
Metallic Princess
April 13th, 2007 at 02:17pm
i love them... Wink
xXwish-to-be-deadXx
Killjoy
xXwish-to-be-deadXx
April 17th, 2007 at 10:06am
i really love ev's fallen album i think the songs are very deep and full of emotions especially the song hello which was written by amy lee for her dead sister. i think bonnie is the name of her sis
Doll Parts
Salute You in Your Grave
Doll Parts
May 5th, 2007 at 10:18am
I saw the sweet sacrefice video its awesome it was kinda lithium but darker style
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
May 5th, 2007 at 10:23am
Yeah, I saw that video too. I like Evanescence! Its pretty cool that there are also female rock singers like Amy Lee and Pink out there, They ROCK!!! (Yeah... I say that a lot for every band/singer I like...)
the narrator.
Salute You in Your Grave
the narrator.
May 5th, 2007 at 11:45am
I liked Evanescence, but something really terrible had happened. John had been fired by Amy for no reason whatsoever, and Rocky had left the band as well.

From the article that announced it:
Rock act Evanescence on the rocks
BY GERRY GITTELSON, Staff Writer
Article Last Updated: 05/04/2007 07:04:54 PM PDT

Evanescence guitarist John LeCompt said Friday he's been fired from the band, and he also said drummer Rocky Gray has quit, so things aren't looking good for the multi-platinum, two-time Grammy winning alternative rock act, one of the biggest bands in the world -- but apparantly shrinking by the second.

"Im done, and I'm pretty upset about it," LeCompt said, calling from Little Rock, Ark., the band's home town. "(Singer) Amy Lee called and fired me today. There's absolutely no loyalty in this band." [...] A phone message to the press office at Wind-Up Records in New York seeking comment was not immediately returned.

LeCompt, 34, said he and Gray, 32, plan to pour all their energy into a new band, Machina, managed by Chris Long (Crossfade). Gray wasn't available for comment.

"Machina is an incredible band -- it's rock and roll," LeCompt said. [...]

From John's Myspace:
EV=a joke

Hey everyone,

I've been getting your messages all morning and figured I would give a little personal insight to this situation. Around 3:30 pm yesterday I recieved a call on my cell from Amy. This call wasn't from a friend who appreciated me but from an enemy who was prepared to hurt me and my family. Without any warning or negotiations for my future, I was fired for no good reason. We have not always seen eye to eye on everything, but who does? Our common goal was always the same. To make Evanescence the best rock band it could ever be. I have always given blood, sweat and tears to make that happen but apparently that is not enough. I have now become just another of the people fallen by the wayside on the revolving door of her life. It's funny how many of us there are now. I guess it's good for lyrical content, though. Maybe I will be among the blessed to have a song written about me, too. Maybe the song will be "Call Me When You're Broke". Whatever, as of next week my band Machina will be doing major label showcases in New York. There is a big buzz for it and we hope it will go well. I'm not going to sit here and be negative because that is not who I am. What I will say it that I know that many of you think she is some genuis or saviour of some kind. I just want you to know that my family and I will forever remember her as being about as deep as the shallow end of a child's wading pool and her lyrics about as deep as the 2 dimensional surface that they were written on. Singing beautifully for the duration of a record or two can move the spirit of the people listening, but the way you treat those around you who you are supposed to care about speaks volumes more than that and I would hope that some of you are listening. Well, that's it. I hope that sheds some light on the current situation for you. Thank you all for the good years and being the most incredible fans and friends. Maybe I will see you again. I am going to play with my little boy now, peace.
Human Wreckage xx
Really Not Okay
Human Wreckage xx
May 5th, 2007 at 02:44pm
i heard that john and rocky left ev and its really tragic =/ Ev will never be the same :[
My Sharona.
Bleeding on the Floor
My Sharona.
May 5th, 2007 at 08:32pm
=S i think evanescence is okay...but all their songs sorta sound the same for me. thats my opinion. no offence. but amy lee is a pretty good singer =)
trunk_of_ammunition
Jazz Hands
trunk_of_ammunition
May 5th, 2007 at 09:13pm
OH NOOO
FIRST BEN MOODY
AND NOW ROCKY??????
WHAT WAS AMY LEE THINKING?????
I KNEW THIS BAND WAS DONE WHEN MOODY LEFT!!!!!!!
UUUGGGHHHHHHHHHHH
WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED???
Chris Kunitz!
Joining The Black Parade
Chris Kunitz!
May 6th, 2007 at 05:54am
All I have to say is, R.I.P Evanescence. How sad. Hopefully the music is still good after this.
Blue_Demon
Motor Baby
Blue_Demon
May 8th, 2007 at 03:28pm
This is probably a sign that Amy Lee should be a olo artist rather than have a band, considering the video's and concerts are focused on her, there wouldn't be that much of a difference.
morgan in the dust.
Bleeding on the Floor
morgan in the dust.
May 8th, 2007 at 10:54pm
It's true that John Lecompt and Rocky Gray are no longer involved in Evanescence.
And yes.
It is sad. Seeing as if you were to look at all Fallen + Open Door, they're credited for almost every song and all the creative aspects.
sometimes Amy Lee seems to not know what is important to her.
Doll Parts
Salute You in Your Grave
Doll Parts
May 11th, 2007 at 03:12pm
Blue_Demon:
This is probably a sign that Amy Lee should be a solo artist rather than have a band, considering the video's and concerts are focused on her, there wouldn't be that much of a difference.

true it wouldn't make much difference but it would be a shame
Kid Rock
Banned
Kid Rock
May 11th, 2007 at 06:35pm
Blue_Demon:
This is probably a sign that Amy Lee should be a olo artist rather than have a band, considering the video's and concerts are focused on her, there wouldn't be that much of a difference.

I truly believe that. I remember watching a video and not seeing anyone else besides her for a good 30 sec...She might as well go solo..I'm sure she'll have less drama...
morgan in the dust.
Bleeding on the Floor
morgan in the dust.
May 12th, 2007 at 11:40am
Ladysaw731:
Blue_Demon:

I truly believe that. I remember watching a video and not seeing anyone else besides her for a good 30 sec...She might as well go solo..I'm sure she'll have less drama...

As much as I like them, I agree. The band was made to be a group effort and she wasn't letting the group do much of anything really.
[at least I got to see them when they were all together.Tehe][/spam]
estellise
Awake and Unafraid
estellise
May 12th, 2007 at 12:45pm
I love Evanescence. They're the first band I ever got into, and for that they'll always be special to me. However, I really only listen to thier older stuff right now...
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
May 13th, 2007 at 10:13am
Evanesence was the first band that introduced me to rock, and I am FOREVER grateful... muhahahaha....

But MCR is still first... Yet i love Evanesence... their songs are awesome...
Blue_Demon
Motor Baby
Blue_Demon
May 16th, 2007 at 04:24am
I just saw the new video, it wasn't that bad, but I so didn't understand it at all.
SFXtra
Motor Baby
SFXtra
May 16th, 2007 at 11:21am
Right what? Rocky and John.... left?
Now I don't feel so bad that I ditched the EV show for a RHCP show.
srsly.

And... ehh, theres already an Israeli rock band called Machina Neutral
Blue_Demon
Motor Baby
Blue_Demon
May 18th, 2007 at 04:42pm
No, they were fired by Amy.
I wonder what is going to happen at Download this year... They are ment to be playing there, they'll probably manage to find some crew members to do that though.