Don't have an account? Create one!

WTF!!

AuthorMessage
Doll Parts
Salute You in Your Grave
Doll Parts
August 29th, 2006 at 01:31pm
Bess:

I can't think of ANY bands that promote self-harm. A MCR certainly DO NOT.

on sunday Gerard said "Nothing is worth hurting your self over, nothing is worth taking your life over...." something else too but I can't remember
<3Romance<3
Salute You in Your Grave
<3Romance<3
August 29th, 2006 at 03:02pm
I wrote a reaction on that article in Word... Couldn't post it in the board of that paper, cause I had too many characters in my text. Comparing to the artcle, my reaction is rather short. I did go through all of the points that the author went through.

When did listening to your so called emo-music become a symbol of self harm? Green Day and My Chemical Romance have confirmed NOT to be emo, but punk or punk rock! Emo also isn’t a sub set of Goth. And talking about the look… People who are Goth only wear black with a pink (the flashy pink, that is) or red tint in it.
Fear for school isn’t true either. If you do consider My Chemical Romance as “emo” (which they aren’t!!!), you should also state that front man Gerard Way finished school, so did Bob Bryar and Ray Toro (or he’s very close to). The two other band members, dropped out of college, because they found school had nothing to offer them when they started being in bands.
Since when is writing poetry emo? I mean, you could call Shakespeare emo too!
About the clothing again: are you serious?? No one wears such clothes, not the “emo’s” I know. And the Vespa, that’s a big slap in the face for all the people who drive these motorcycles, did you know that?
Not even start about “the obesity and emo doesn’t go together” - part! Do you happen to have an old picture of Gerard Way or Billie Joe Armstrong? You should know that when they were younger, they weren’t skinny at all... They might be skinny now, but that just has to do with the touring and smoking.
The chorus you refer to is made to make fun of emo’s. Making fun of people who are emo doesn’t mean you are one.
About the rooms full of posters with Kurt Cobain and/or Marc Bolan: it doesn’t mean that if you stick your room full of posters with these guys that you are going to be a drug addict or someone who is suicidal.
Not all so called emo’s have an art bias.
Bloody, Dead and Sexy or Colder Than Death are Goth bands that I’ve NEVER heard of. Where do you get your info?
Goth and Punk do not have the same family tree. The music Goths listen to is almost the same as metal, so that means that Goth and Metal have the same family tree. Punk music is the younger version of the Hippies from the sixties. They were also against authority, but more with love, peace and understanding. Punk leaves the love, peace and understanding behind and is only against authority. Think about The Sex Pistols, The Ramones, The Clash, Generation X, The Stooges, The Rolling Stones, Dead Kennedy’s, Stiff Little Fingers and so on.
The refusal of opening curtains and “their world is dark and airless” is totally a lie. People who you call emo are realistic, but in the pessimistic way. The atmosphere is rather dark, but I think emo’s are very open-minded people since they are a family of punk music.
Self-pity and self dramatisation, so if I have a day that I can’t do a freaking thing right, it immediately makes me an emo? And I who thought that it was humble to say you’re not pretty, not smart etc, even though others say so… And kids who are introspective or introvert, does it mean that they are emo too? Because I don’t know any child who is very social among strangers. Is that being Emo? And which teenager is hormonal in balance? Come on! Every teenager has a day that he or she throws the door into your face, or wants to cry for no reason. That’s being emo too?
As long as you don’t get into drug or alcohol addiction, what’s there for parents to worry about? Like every “Punk”, “Goth” or “Emo” is going to show them their wrists before they go to sleep and before they have a seat at breakfast…
A cult of suicide. Frank Iero even said about My Chemical Romance: “We’re definitely a band that wants to save your life.” And Mikey Way said that he “wanted to make music that impacted people’s lives”.” And the band’s song named Headfirst For Halos says to “think happy thoughts”. Before a show, Gerard Way even stated about Headfirst For Halos: “This song’s about suicide, don’t do it!” There’s even a piece of a show where Gerard says to the crowd that if they feel down or sad or depressed and suicidal, they should talk to someone cause “pissing away your life on suicide is f*****g bulls**t!” Looking at a lot of blood, doesn’t mean you’re suicidal… If it is, oh my, I’ve been suicidal a lot. Looking at a lot of blood, doesn’t mean you’re suicidal… If it is, oh my, I’ve been suicidal a lot…

What you write, is so not true and you should really do your homework better. And if you did your homework, you should know that it’s very rude to say that Green Day and My Chemical Romance are emo-bands, because you didn’t get confirmation that they are. Only when they say they’re emo, you can call them emo!
My Chemical Romance would be emo because there’s a lot of blood in their songs. Listen, this is just because the band doesn’t like anything more than watching horror movies which have a lot of blood in it… That’s the reason why they look so spooky and mysterious.
But for Green Day… There’s no reason why to even call them emo. Just because Billie, Mike and Tré like to put a line of eyeliner underneath their eyes, doesn’t make them emo. Sid Vicious (of the Sex Pistols) did that too, and he was punk!
Next time you write an article about cult figures, make sure you investigate every source you get and don’t rely on the first one you get your eye on. The information you write down here, is like totally a rip off from the internet. What’s your next article going to be? About the fact that people who listen to metal are devil worshippers, that they eat rats and drink little children’s blood? Can’t wait to comment that.

A friend of mine commented: "Since when became Green Day and My Chemical Romance emo bands? Really this article scares me... stop labelling people!" => And she's fucking right! Smile
carys hilton.
Salute You in Your Grave
carys hilton.
August 29th, 2006 at 03:15pm
fhreuith.
No, just no.
Firstly, I distinctly remember reading an article in Kerrang! in which Gerard said something along the lines of:

"At one of our shows the other night I saw a kid with cuts not just on their wrists
but all over. It's as if people feel that they have to be messed up to enjoy our music
and that is definitely not the kind of message we are trying to give out."

And secondly; no-one should be willing, or indeed stupid enough to seriously hurt themselves-or worse-for a cliché.
Seriously. This whole "trend" has got way out of hand. And with things like this I'm really not surprised. I'm not surprised in the slightest.
I'm fucking tired of it to be perfectly honest.

</rant>
Talk to Frank.
Joining The Black Parade
Talk to Frank.
August 29th, 2006 at 03:19pm
Bess:
Baby Half Dead:
At the Muse/MCR concert in Edinburgh, MCR were bottled. My cousin (who loves MCR) was there, and he left because of the Muse fans.
I think it's really retarded and childish

That upsets me because I'm a hardcore Muse fan and have been for years now. And I know the guys from Muse really like My Chem as well, so I think they'd be really pissed off if they knew some of their fans did that.

MCR never got bottled bad at all at MUSE though. I only saw one bottles hit frank on the leg and that was it, they got pretty bad boos though Disgust
just to clear it Smile
leina-is-a-mango
Killjoy
leina-is-a-mango
August 29th, 2006 at 04:23pm
That's so sad.
Why would someone think of that!
The people that were shooting are retards.
They should learn some self respect.
Doll Parts
Salute You in Your Grave
Doll Parts
August 29th, 2006 at 04:49pm
well said <3romance<3 *claps*
Chemical_Romance
Salute You in Your Grave
Chemical_Romance
August 29th, 2006 at 05:15pm
xBangxBangxGunsGoxBangx:
someone just posted this in a bulletion on myspace.gahh wtf people are fucking lame assses!

My Chemical Romance shelled by crowd
Band bottled at Carling Weekend: Reading Festival:

My Chemical Romance have been subjected to a heavy bottling while performing on stage at the Carling Weekend: Reading Festival today (August 27).

The band were pelted repeated by the audience throughout their set on the main stage.

However while the group tried to battle through and continue their performance, the constant shelling clearly upset frontman Gerard Way.

After sarcastically asking for the crowd to boo and hiss, the singer declared: "We might be outsiders today, but we represent every outsider out there".

He then introduced a track saying, "This song is called thanks for all the bottles, thanks for all the piss, thanks for all the golf balls, thanks for all the apples and thanks for all the sticky shit."

The singer did briefly get the whole crowd on his side, when in response to a recent article that suggested emo promoted self-harm, he got the audience to chant "Fuck the Daily Mail" three times.

**Sigh** I actually witnessed this. And got hit by a bottle.
Gerard didn't get upset, he just laughed about it. Ray was more annoyed than anything. Frank laughed loads at everyone missing him and did loads of awesome moves so he couldn't get hit. He actually kicked one right back into the audience.
I was really upset and ashamed that the other people were ruining MCR Fans time. No one bottled Slayer or Bullet. MCR were the only band bottled on Sunday, as far as I know [[I queued up for four hours to meet MCR, so I missed 3 bands]].
MCR took it like men, and I'm so so so proud of them. Everyone around me was like 'Oh I bet they walk off' but they didnt. They finished the whole set and really made me proud to be a fan.
I fucking love them so much.
Juliet;;lovesthebeat
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Juliet;;lovesthebeat
August 29th, 2006 at 06:13pm
That's total and complete bullshit. I can understand not likeing MCR's music and everything. But to bottle them is immature and childish. And if they were smart they would have know that MCR wasnt gonna get pissed and leave. Thier too good for that. Think of how many things they've done as 'fuck you's' in thier career. They're not going anywhere, and thier not gonna let a few dumbass people take them down.

Today, I was told my this kid's friend that I shouldn't have and MCR, FOB, and Iron Maiden patches on my messenger bag because 'you shouldn't mix those three bands.' And this kid is one who everyone thinks is goth and shit cause of the music he listens to and the way he dresses. We used to be pretty good friends, and he's a really cool guy. But this just ruined my opinion of him. Why the hell does it matter to him what kids of music I listen to. Apparently I only know like 2 of FOB's songs, only think MCR cause thier hot and only like Iron Maiden cause I want to be cool. So whatever. He's supposedly ripping off the patches if he see's them. He might as well take off all the other band patches and buttons too.

The whole MCR incident gave me a good example of how I and (other people stuff like this happens to) should handle it. Not flip out and act childish just like them. So major props to MCR. Everyone is so proud, and we respect you even more. I'm glad they didnt freak or walk off stage. Maybe next time people will think twice when they try to fuck with My Chemical Romance.

Bitches.

Sorry, end of my spam/rant.
Project Mayhem
Salute You in Your Grave
Project Mayhem
August 30th, 2006 at 04:28am
At TOC in adelaide last year some one threw a shoe at Bert, hit him right in the stomach. Boy was he pissed, and rightfully so. they didn't do and encore or he didn't talk to the crowd after that.
Doll Parts
Salute You in Your Grave
Doll Parts
August 30th, 2006 at 12:46pm
I didn't know where to put this but I thought you'd want to see the song 'dead' it includes some bottling and some guy dancing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x67R6tjqiDQ

i like the bit where they go na na na na na
Talk to Frank.
Joining The Black Parade
Talk to Frank.
August 30th, 2006 at 01:20pm
aw wow thnx for that link =]
Juliet;;lovesthebeat
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Juliet;;lovesthebeat
August 30th, 2006 at 07:15pm
I just watched all the vidoes on youtube from the concert. It was still amazing, made me even more excited about the new album Very Happy
Juliet;;lovesthebeat
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Juliet;;lovesthebeat
August 30th, 2006 at 07:15pm
I just watched all the vidoes on youtube from the concert. It was still amazing, made me even more excited about the new album Very Happy
<3Romance<3
Salute You in Your Grave
<3Romance<3
August 31st, 2006 at 05:25am
pain_for_pleasure:
well said <3romance<3 *claps*

tnx Embarassed
HANNERhopscotch;;
Thinking Happy Thoughts
HANNERhopscotch;;
August 31st, 2006 at 03:43pm
How alive are you?:
xBangxBangxGunsGoxBangx:

The singer did briefly get the whole crowd on his side, when in response to a recent article that suggested emo promoted self-harm, he got the audience to chant "Fuck the Daily Mail" three times.

me && my friend read that article.

it says the internet has many sites dedicted to emofashion [dyed black hair brushed over your face, layering black, black, black] Emo bands greenday, my chemical romance.

the basicaly based it upon the emo song, which was made for fun.

moi. my mum gave it to me.
i laughed so much reading that...
since when did green day become emo???

it also said that emo was darker than goth, and that parents should be worried about the "cult" of emo.

it said that emo was short for "emotional." it is not. it is a genre of music. it means "emotive hardcore."
Quinn.
Bleeding on the Floor
Quinn.
August 31st, 2006 at 06:37pm
hahahaha. greenday is soooooo emo. *cough* note the sarcasm. *cough*
xAnotherxSadxSongx
Bleeding on the Floor
xAnotherxSadxSongx
September 1st, 2006 at 03:02am
poor gee.....Sad he tries so hard.......i still luv him tho Very Happy
Scarlet
Fabulous Killjoy
Scarlet
September 1st, 2006 at 07:38pm
Um, hi. I'm writing a letter to the Daily Mail, and to the Press Complaints Commission about this, to ask for an apology or retraction of some kind. If that isn't successful I'll do an online petition. I hope I can count on your support with that?
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
September 2nd, 2006 at 09:04am
^ Hell yeah you can!
Unholy Matrimony.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Unholy Matrimony.
September 2nd, 2006 at 01:30pm
Resignation:
I think they should've thrown that shit back at 'em.

really! i hate people who can't just WAIT for them to end! STUPID FUCKERS! *cough* sorry...