Don't have an account? Create one!

Blink 182

AuthorMessage
Volt-Zorg Boy
Awake and Unafraid
Volt-Zorg Boy
May 15th, 2007 at 02:49am
acording to YAHOO!
blink182 is the 9th most often used password..
that's pretty fucking sweet
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
May 15th, 2007 at 05:53am
Rachelle_5:
^Definitely. You know they were having fun, and everyone at the show was having fun, too.

When I saw Blink on their last ever UK tour in 2004, they didn't look like they were having much fun really Sad
There wasn't much inbetween song banter. The atmosphere was really icy. 2 months later, they broke up =[
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 15th, 2007 at 12:49pm
Hmmm I thought this was interesting:

A quote from Mark Hoppus regarding the Blink-182 breakup, which I've been curious about (forgive me if it's already been posted in here someplace, but I haven't seen it.)

Quote: "After the tour we were on, there were two months off. Wasn’t two months off enough time to go home and relax with your family? Who in the world gets two months off from their job to hang out at home?" Oh I swear I'm not trying to start a "Let's bang on Mikey for going on honeymoon" thing, but you have to admit, it's wild.

Read the whole article here if you want:

http://www.b182.com/askmark1.php
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
May 15th, 2007 at 04:28pm
Mikey's just having a break the way Blink had a break, only Mikey isn't selfish and self-infatuated like Tom DeLonge is. Tom was greedy, he made commitments with Blink and then refused to see them through because he 'wanted a break'. Tom ripped Blink 182 apart, but Mikey certainly won't do that to My Chem.
Joe Jonas
Awake and Unafraid
Joe Jonas
May 15th, 2007 at 06:50pm
You know, in my opinion, I dont think it was all Tom's fault that Blink 182 broke up. But then again, no one really knows the actual story. Only they do.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 16th, 2007 at 03:15pm
Oh I agree Bess - it was just a weird coinkydink that I happened to run across that article during Mikey's hiatus and all the dark rumours that were floating around about it, yet this happened to Blink for real (and probably NO ONE saw it coming, but then I wasn't on any of their boards at the time, so who knows, right?)
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
May 17th, 2007 at 05:47am
Disenchanted-Mofo:
You know, in my opinion, I dont think it was all Tom's fault that Blink 182 broke up. But then again, no one really knows the actual story. Only they do.

Haven't you read the interviews with Mark and Travis about Blink's split? Tom never once denied anything they said about him in those interviews.
Tom is now splitting up Angels And Airwaves as well because of his controlling. Ryan Sinn has left already because apparently Tom wanted to play bass on the new record instead of him. A bit convenient that TWO bands Tom has been apart of have fallen apart, don't you think?!
oceanic 815.
Full of Ephedrine
oceanic 815.
May 17th, 2007 at 07:45am
Tom is ... well, Tom, but I don't think it was just his fault they broke up.
threads
Shotgun Sinner
threads
May 17th, 2007 at 08:14am
The problem is that Tom is a genius. Mark isn't.
oceanic 815.
Full of Ephedrine
oceanic 815.
May 17th, 2007 at 09:53am
Gustavatron.:
The problem is that Tom is a genius. Mark isn't.
x]
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 17th, 2007 at 10:27am
Don't kill me, but the kiddo asked me to ask you: which one sings the high parts and which one the low parts? And are you guys saying that only Tom did the writing? Mark implied that they all did.
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
May 17th, 2007 at 11:17am
kevethisis4u:
Don't kill me, but the kiddo asked me to ask you: which one sings the high parts and which one the low parts? And are you guys saying that only Tom did the writing? Mark implied that they all did.

Tom wasn't the only one who did the writing. Tom's the one with the high voice, Mark's the one with the low voice.

Tom said Angels And Airwaves would change the world and that We Don't Need To Whisper would be the greatest album for 20 years lmfao
threads
Shotgun Sinner
threads
May 17th, 2007 at 12:10pm
Bess is Yoda:
Tom said Angels And Airwaves would change the world and that We Don't Need To Whisper would be the greatest album for 20 years lmfao
Angels and Airwaves was one of few daring projects last year. Tom made a professional concept album about war.

Mark did what?
SomethingWicked
Fabulous Killjoy
SomethingWicked
May 17th, 2007 at 12:36pm
I'm one of those who can't rag on either Mark or Tom. I like both bands they've made, though I really miss Blink. Whatever happened, happened. It's not up for us to decide who's at fault.

By the way, +44 played "What's My Age Again?" at one of their concerts.
I'm so pissed I missed that. I never got to see Blink live, so that would have been awesome.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 18th, 2007 at 12:57pm
Ah okay thanks
oceanic 815.
Full of Ephedrine
oceanic 815.
May 18th, 2007 at 01:45pm
erinlynne:
Really?
'Cause then they're pathetic.
threads
Shotgun Sinner
threads
May 18th, 2007 at 02:06pm
I thought of something yesterday... if Mark was so proud of Blink's last record, how come he went back to the same pop-punk shit he's always been in?
Because it was Tom's ideas all along? The self-titled was so Boxcar Racer. It's crazy.

Tom has vision, Mark has tunnel-vision.
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
May 18th, 2007 at 05:53pm
Gustavatron.:
Angels and Airwaves was one of few daring projects last year. Tom made a professional concept album about war.

Mark did what?

Mark didn't split up one of the greatest bands around and then turn into an arrogant twat.
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
May 18th, 2007 at 05:54pm
teenage wasteland.:
erinlynne:
Really?
'Cause then they're pathetic.
Why? o.O Tom sung Down with AvA, which was kinda weird when he slated Blink and called them 'pop shit'.

threads
Shotgun Sinner
threads
May 19th, 2007 at 10:14am
Bess is Yoda:
Mark didn't split up one of the greatest bands around and then turn into an arrogant twat.
My question is not what he didn't do.

Howwwwever.... Do you remember Boxcar Racer? Travis and Tom did something without Mark (=O) far more mature than anything Blink had ever done. Then after that they tried to mature as group with the self-titled Blink album. Great success. But then they broke up, and it's all Tom's fault. mark could've have gone on with Enema Of State material until he died, Tom couldn't.

I guess the break-up of Blink 182 didn't phase me at all because I always disliked the childish side of the band.