Don't have an account? Create one!

The Black Parade!

AuthorMessage
In Love with Death
Thinking Happy Thoughts
In Love with Death
October 27th, 2006 at 01:55pm
Ryshika:
in my honest opinion..(after just listening to all of the songs on tbp just ONCE)..this album is AMAZING. period! i dont understand why they're being label as an emo band..all of the songs fitted perfectly to the concept of the album. Cancer is a really touching and well-written song..i can really picture the scene from the lyrics..all in all i love this theatrical record

yea the emo label confuses me as well. this album especially shows that.
i love how they brought in a piano, tubas? and other instruments too
Fear and Regret
Crash Queen
Fear and Regret
October 27th, 2006 at 06:31pm
I really liked the way they used percussion instruments, trumpets, trombones maybe in the Welcome To The Black Parade song, it really fits in with the bass guitar and electric guitars also.
Furthermore;
Joining The Black Parade
Furthermore;
October 28th, 2006 at 04:48am
I love every single song!!!!
woo!
The Limited Edit. owns!
Cant wait till they come over here in January.
I'v already got mosh tickets!!
woo!
Im Not A Fool! Fool.
Salute You in Your Grave
Im Not A Fool! Fool.
October 28th, 2006 at 12:03pm
I finally got it today.
The album art work is soooo awesome.
bring more knives.
Demolition Lover
bring more knives.
October 28th, 2006 at 02:20pm
i haven't still get it:/
but i think i'll get it on monday.
i have to get it then.
but they've at least posted it to me. yay.
Crucify.My.Love
Jazz Hands
Crucify.My.Love
October 29th, 2006 at 04:13am
I ordered the album =D I should get it next week, i think i'm gonna love it!
Bacon Egg and AMY!!
Killjoy
Bacon Egg and AMY!!
October 29th, 2006 at 08:21am
I've listened to the album all the way through a few times and love it. My only objection is that the song I consider one of the most beautiful I've heard in my life (Cancer) also makes me almost cry. But other than that it's fabulous!

I do have a question, though. Is it Gerard singing Blood? 'Cause I don't think it sounds like him, but I'm not sure.
Fear and Regret
Crash Queen
Fear and Regret
October 29th, 2006 at 04:44pm
I FINALLY got mine today!

I'm so happy! The artwork and pictures look great.
In Love with Death
Thinking Happy Thoughts
In Love with Death
October 29th, 2006 at 07:23pm
Viva La ROOT BEER!:
I've listened to the album all the way through a few times and love it. My only objection is that the song I consider one of the most beautiful I've heard in my life (Cancer) also makes me almost cry. But other than that it's fabulous!

I do have a question, though. Is it Gerard singing Blood? 'Cause I don't think it sounds like him, but I'm not sure.

yep its him. lol it took me a while to get use to it. lol. im amazed at how he can change his voice so much
The Rocker
Bleeding on the Floor
The Rocker
October 29th, 2006 at 08:16pm
I got the limited edition one today and my mom thought there was going to be like...3 cds and she flipped out when she saw only one.
collateral damage.
Awake and Unafraid
collateral damage.
October 29th, 2006 at 08:25pm
^^ but it comes with everything else, my parents said it should have coast more. :/
The Rocker
Bleeding on the Floor
The Rocker
October 29th, 2006 at 09:37pm
^Yeah. When my mom saw the booklet and the pictures she was amazed. And when I told her Gerard did it, she was stunned.
ceiling cat
Thinking Happy Thoughts
ceiling cat
October 29th, 2006 at 10:09pm
*squee* I got The Black Parade on Saturday!! It's amazing!! In Love It's a pity that the special edition sold out so quickly, but it's great for the band, I'm so proud of them ^_^

I LOVE all the tracks, especially Teenagers, Disenchanted (thank god Mikey got the rest of the band to keep at it Very Happy ), Cancer (that song is beautiful) Sleep and Mama - but they're all as good as each other!!

Oh yeah, two quick questions - does Frank do the backing vocals on Blood? And does Bob do vocals on Cancer? Because I heard that he did...

...Man, can they do no wrong? In Love

AND!! I'm seeing them in January next year!!!!!111111

[/squee]
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
October 29th, 2006 at 10:42pm
If I remember correctly, the keyboard/piano player does the back-up vocals in Blood. Yes, i'm a dork; i read the whole LE booklet the first day i got it.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
October 30th, 2006 at 08:09am
XxThePatientxX:
If I remember correctly, the keyboard/piano player does the back-up vocals in Blood. Yes, i'm a dork; i read the whole LE booklet the first day i got it.

Actually, I'm sure most people did. I did.

He did that thing they called "Pizza Parlor Mouth."
Gerard Way.
In the Cannibal Glow
Gerard Way.
October 30th, 2006 at 10:15am
New York Girl Raids Singapore’s HMV

OCT 28,SINGAPORE- The Black Parade fever that hits Singapore since October 24 had brought not only local fans, but foreign tourists to its shores this week.

Yesterday, a HMV retail in The Heeren, Singapore stood still for half an hour, following an incident of a pissed off New Yorker who didn’t manage to get a copy of My Chemical Romance’s new album The Black Parade on the release date of Oct 24. The girl, whose name is concealed for privacy, was away for educational visit to National University Of Singapore School Of Medicine during the release date. She went into the store at 1.15pm and demanded a Limited Edition box set of the album from a salesperson. The salesperson said that there was no stock available and the girl went to the cashier, demanding a copy of the box set because she ‘pre-ordered’ it the night before. The confused cashier later called the main office of HMV Singapore for confirmation but failed to get any response, causing the girl to take out a gun and started shooting, causing everyone to panic!at the store.

The gun was used by the girl to get everyone to lie down on the floor before she started to take one hostage, which was a 60-year-old grandmother, who was there with her 5-year-old grandson. The pissed off girl threatened to shoot the woman with gun if she didn’t get the box set immediately.

The HMV cashier finally is able to get a set for the girl a few minutes later and everyone was brought to safety by the efficient security guards of HMV Singapore.

The gun, however, is only a toy water gun. The woman, who was held for hostage said , “We all know it’s a water gun, but we don’t want to get ourselves wet.”

The happy fan girl, who was identified as Angels_n_Demons, later said to The Bogus News, “ I’m pretty pissed off coz everyone in INO discussion board are talking about how great the songs are, and I cant get a copy since I was away in Singapore for a medical conference. While at the hotel, I took the Yellow Pages and started calling every record store in Singapore and was so happy that HMV has a copy of it, although it was hidden in the store room. I know that I should wait until I get to NY before getting myself a copy but the temptation is too unbearable. I cant wait that long!”

The stressed cashier later confirmed that the reason of the store not displaying the Box Set was due to the fact that they did not have many copies of it, since the velveteen box, which includes a booklet and art cards, was imported from USA. She added that the ‘normal’ copies of The Black Parade is available for a discounted price of S$17.95 in all HMV Singapore outlets.

THE BLACK PARADE... All safe and sound now

Ps: Okay, this hoax news is partly true. I DID call Singapore’s HMV for my copy, and yeah, they said that they didn’t have my name in the list, but the salesgirl just sell me a copy. And no, there’s no toy guns involved. LOL! and yes, it sucks to be a million miles from home when the record was released Sad

and anyway, i was bored~ sorreh!
Megan Vegantoast
Bleeding on the Floor
Megan Vegantoast
October 30th, 2006 at 04:39pm
Has anyone noticed that a lot of the lyrics on this album seem to be fan related?

Most of them don't seem very positive towards us fans... seriously

ESPECIALLY the Blood song and other random lyrics from other songs.
Marc Webb.
Salute You in Your Grave
Marc Webb.
October 30th, 2006 at 04:42pm
Angels_n_Demons:

OCT 28,SINGAPORE- The Black Parade fever that hits Singapore since October 24 had brought not only local fans, but foreign tourists to its shores this week.

Yesterday, a HMV retail in The Heeren, Singapore stood still for half an hour, following an incident of a pissed off New Yorker who didn’t manage to get a copy of My Chemical Romance’s new album The Black Parade on the release date of Oct 24. The girl, whose name is concealed for privacy, was away for educational visit to National University Of Singapore School Of Medicine during the release date. She went into the store at 1.15pm and demanded a Limited Edition box set of the album from a salesperson. The salesperson said that there was no stock available and the girl went to the cashier, demanding a copy of the box set because she ‘pre-ordered’ it the night before. The confused cashier later called the main office of HMV Singapore for confirmation but failed to get any response, causing the girl to take out a gun and started shooting, causing everyone to panic!at the store.

The gun was used by the girl to get everyone to lie down on the floor before she started to take one hostage, which was a 60-year-old grandmother, who was there with her 5-year-old grandson. The pissed off girl threatened to shoot the woman with gun if she didn’t get the box set immediately.

The HMV cashier finally is able to get a set for the girl a few minutes later and everyone was brought to safety by the efficient security guards of HMV Singapore.

The gun, however, is only a toy water gun. The woman, who was held for hostage said , “We all know it’s a water gun, but we don’t want to get ourselves wet.”

The happy fan girl, who was identified as Angels_n_Demons, later said to The Bogus News, “ I’m pretty pissed off coz everyone in INO discussion board are talking about how great the songs are, and I cant get a copy since I was away in Singapore for a medical conference. While at the hotel, I took the Yellow Pages and started calling every record store in Singapore and was so happy that HMV has a copy of it, although it was hidden in the store room. I know that I should wait until I get to NY before getting myself a copy but the temptation is too unbearable. I cant wait that long!”

The stressed cashier later confirmed that the reason of the store not displaying the Box Set was due to the fact that they did not have many copies of it, since the velveteen box, which includes a booklet and art cards, was imported from USA. She added that the ‘normal’ copies of The Black Parade is available for a discounted price of S$17.95 in all HMV Singapore outlets.

THE BLACK PARADE... All safe and sound now

Ps: Okay, this hoax news is partly true. I DID call Singapore’s HMV for my copy, and yeah, they said that they didn’t have my name in the list, but the salesgirl just sell me a copy. And no, there’s no toy guns involved. LOL! and yes, it sucks to be a million miles from home when the record was released Sad

Woah Shocked
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
October 30th, 2006 at 08:01pm
LMFAO.
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
October 30th, 2006 at 09:14pm
Angels_n_Demons:

lmfao