Admin
Dujo
November 2nd, 2006 at 09:45am
-
mccrack.
Salute You in Your Grave
mccrack.
November 2nd, 2006 at 10:01am
Yeah, this one too, I wrote it for INO, it's up on the Song Meaning page already. I think it's accurate.

Gerard Way is pissed off. Really pissed off - "I wanna see what your insides look like/I bet you're not fucking pretty on the inside". This song was written when Gerard was still a heavy alcoholic, and the song is about a drinking partner he has who has stopped drinking ("You've worn out all your dancing shoes this time" ). Gerard is, once again, drunk ("These eyes have had too much to drink again tonight" ) and is now off to tell his ex-drinking partner just how angry he is at being abandoned. First he tries to call him ("I've been calling you all week for my shotgun/Pick up the phone" ) but then decided he'll go visit him. He gets into a drunken fight with him ("And well I can explain/What happened to my face late last night".)

It could be re-written better though, i don't disagree with that.
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
December 11th, 2006 at 12:14pm
Death!!!
loveneverwantedme
Killjoy
loveneverwantedme
December 12th, 2006 at 09:54am
i think that this song talks about gerard being cheated on, or used, so in some sort of drunken rage he is going to seek revenge on the one that cheated on him
blazing_six-guns
Killjoy
blazing_six-guns
February 10th, 2007 at 01:50pm
uncle jiggy.:
Yeah, this one too, I wrote it for INO, it's up on the Song Meaning page already. I think it's accurate.

Gerard Way is pissed off. Really pissed off - "I wanna see what your insides look like/I bet you're not fucking pretty on the inside". This song was written when Gerard was still a heavy alcoholic, and the song is about a drinking partner he has who has stopped drinking ("You've worn out all your dancing shoes this time" ). Gerard is, once again, drunk ("These eyes have had too much to drink again tonight" ) and is now off to tell his ex-drinking partner just how angry he is at being abandoned. First he tries to call him ("I've been calling you all week for my shotgun/Pick up the phone" ) but then decided he'll go visit him. He gets into a drunken fight with him ("And well I can explain/What happened to my face late last night".)

blazing_six-guns
Killjoy
blazing_six-guns
February 10th, 2007 at 06:00pm
whoa, what happened?... i messed up, sorry.
i guess what i wrote didn't go through for some reason...[im such an idiot]
MarchTheBlackParade
Killjoy
MarchTheBlackParade
February 15th, 2007 at 04:35pm
Does anyone know what he means with; 'shot lipgloss through my veins' ?
I'm not that good in english,
I aint good at methaphores and stuff =p
blazing_six-guns
Killjoy
blazing_six-guns
February 15th, 2007 at 06:30pm
MarchTheBlackParade:

haha, i don't get it either - sorry. : (
i thought it was slang for something though...
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
February 15th, 2007 at 07:11pm
I think the wasted and pissed off Gerard story works really well for the song.
MarchTheBlackParade
Killjoy
MarchTheBlackParade
February 16th, 2007 at 12:15pm
blazing_six-guns:
MarchTheBlackParade:

Hmm thanx anyway =D
Does anyone else know it? =p
Ashley_Fatality
Killjoy
Ashley_Fatality
February 17th, 2007 at 04:36pm
MarchTheBlackParade:
blazing_six-guns:
MarchTheBlackParade:

Hmm thanx anyway =D
ummm the lip gloss thing i think maybe uhhh lol well theres lip gloss you put on your lips then theres shots you give your self like drugs and maybe hes talking about the drugs but made it lipgloss instead of the drug to make it sound cool haha i have nooo idea
blazing_six-guns
Killjoy
blazing_six-guns
February 18th, 2007 at 06:50am
Ashley_Fatality:
MarchTheBlackParade:
blazing_six-guns:
MarchTheBlackParade:

Hmm thanx anyway =D
ummm the lip gloss thing i think maybe uhhh lol well theres lip gloss you put on your lips then theres shots you give your self like drugs and maybe hes talking about the drugs but made it lipgloss instead of the drug to make it sound cool haha i have nooo idea
that makes sense - i didn't know that there was shots 'called' lipgloss : )
MarchTheBlackParade
Killjoy
MarchTheBlackParade
February 18th, 2007 at 06:52am
Yes! that makes sense, thanks =D
and yeh It sounds pretty cool =p
technicolor.
Demolition Lover
technicolor.
March 1st, 2007 at 06:02pm
blazing_six-guns:
Ashley_Fatality:
MarchTheBlackParade:
blazing_six-guns:
MarchTheBlackParade:

Hmm thanx anyway =D
that makes sense - i didn't know that there was shots 'called' lipgloss : )

idk i have been thinking about that line a lot. i dont think its drugs though. it could mean anger or something. like anger is shotting through his veins. wait, that doesn't make much sense lol idk.
ZOMBIE;
Thinking Happy Thoughts
ZOMBIE;
March 1st, 2007 at 08:04pm
nine volt heart.:

thats the most ah-amzingly accurate sounding thing i've ever read
Inertiatic Esp.
Bleeding on the Floor
Inertiatic Esp.
March 2nd, 2007 at 12:51am
WOW ^
Jersie.
Killjoy
Jersie.
March 20th, 2007 at 02:45pm
nine volt heart.:

woah. wow. Shocked
char
Killjoy
char
April 3rd, 2007 at 10:35am
"Shot lipgloss through my veins"
--sounds like a drug reference to me...
Monkey-Turtle
Killjoy
Monkey-Turtle
April 13th, 2007 at 06:47am
Hmmm... could it possibly be about Gerard and Bert McCracken? I dunno... I might have my dates all wrong, but apparently after Gerard went sober he and Bert fell out. I dunno, just a thought.
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 15th, 2007 at 12:07am
nine volt heart.:

Hmm...so you're saying that his drinking buddy sobered up, and quit drinking? I wonder if he eventually helped Gerard quit. But why would Gee be so upset, though? I mean, yeah, disappointed that he has to drink alone, but murderous intentions? And I'm curious about the title, "Bury Me in Black." It seems to have little to do with the song.

I still love it, though. The first time I heard it, I laughed at how they simulated a phone ringing with the guitar and drum. Brilliant!

Oh, and I figured the "lip gloss" thing was drugs, too.