Don't have an account? Create one!

Bury Me In Black

AuthorMessage
helena001
Killjoy
helena001
April 15th, 2007 at 12:24am
I think the song could be written about a girlfriend rather than a drinking buddy("I wanna save your heart/I wanna see what your insides may be"Wink A girlfriend that Gerard would drink with but who now wants him to quit. Possibly the same one who "Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For the Two of Us" is written about.

Also, the line "And well I can explain what happened to my face late last night" may refer to being messed up from the previous night's lack of sleep and excess of alchohol instead of being in a fight.

And for the lipgloss thing, the song first references lipstick which might stand for a less dangerous drug like pills. Then is says the shooting up of lipgloss which might stand for something more dangerous like coccaine.
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 16th, 2007 at 12:57am
Yeah, that's a good point, helena001--probably is a girlfriend. I like the "Honey" idea--good thinking.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I think that the "empty pools," "vacant alleyways," "falling rain" bit is about Gerard passing out in the rain, and waking up in a nasty alleyway the next morning. Poor Gee.

The lipgloss thing still puzzles me, though--you might be onto something, helena001... The only thing I can think of is either it's slang for a drug (I'm not savvy on drug slang), or maybe he's saying that a lip gloss applicator looks like a shot needle? Vague at best.
Hugs; The New Black
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Hugs; The New Black
April 16th, 2007 at 12:04pm
MarchTheBlackParade:
Does anyone know what he means with; 'shot lipgloss through my veins' ?
I'm not that good in english,
I aint good at methaphores and stuff =p

I think it means that the other character in the song(the one he's angry at) made him superficial or the exact opposite of who he was to begin with. I always think of lipgloss being kind of fake.
i Fucken Love Gerard
Killjoy
i Fucken Love Gerard
May 7th, 2007 at 09:57pm
who's the one who did that to him ? WAS IT BERT MCKRACKIN?!?!?! [i don;t know how to spell his last namee] well anywayy, what wentt on withh themm, havee any of usee seen the videoo diary on "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge" ?
Your.Guardian.Angel.
Jazz Hands
Your.Guardian.Angel.
May 14th, 2007 at 03:34pm
This all makes sense and what else could the song be about... But is it just me or is this MCR's darkest, most violent song (not like it's a bad thing though)...?
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 15th, 2007 at 12:25am
CollisionOfYourKiss:
This all makes sense and what else could the song be about... But is it just me or is this MCR's darkest, most violent song (not like it's a bad thing though)...?

I think it is. The guys are all really brilliant with their instruments--you can just sense hatred and spite in every note. I think "Our Lady of Sorrows" is rather dark and violent as well, though...
Your.Guardian.Angel.
Jazz Hands
Your.Guardian.Angel.
May 16th, 2007 at 01:45pm
Solitary Style.:
CollisionOfYourKiss:

I think it is. The guys are all really brilliant with their instruments--you can just sense hatred and spite in every note. I think "Our Lady of Sorrows" is rather dark and violent as well, though...
Aw, come on, Our Lady Of Sorrows is hardly dark and hardly violent...I mean, come on, it's, at least to me, a song about standing up for yourself and your friends...At least that song doesn't have lines such as "I wanna see what your insides look like", lol...But I guess it is a somewhat dark song as well...
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 16th, 2007 at 03:51pm
CollisionOfYourKiss:
Solitary Style.:
CollisionOfYourKiss:

Aw, come on, Our Lady Of Sorrows is hardly dark and hardly violent...I mean, come on, it's, at least to me, a song about standing up for yourself and your friends...At least that song doesn't have lines such as "I wanna see what your insides look like", lol...But I guess it is a somewhat dark song as well...
i agree with u guys
thnkhppythghts13
Killjoy
thnkhppythghts13
May 16th, 2007 at 08:05pm
i think the lipgloss thing is a definate refrence to drugs cuz like their manager said was that gerard admitted to cocaine... it may have sumtin to do wit dat
thnkhppythghts13
Killjoy
thnkhppythghts13
May 16th, 2007 at 08:08pm
like helena001 said COCCAINE
Tinafax_Romance
Killjoy
Tinafax_Romance
May 18th, 2007 at 01:25pm
Solitary Style.:
nine volt heart.:
Yeah, this one too, I wrote it for INO, it's up on the Song Meaning page already. I think it's accurate.

Gerard Way is pissed off. Really pissed off - "I wanna see what your insides look like/I bet you're not fucking pretty on the inside". This song was written when Gerard was still a heavy alcoholic, and the song is about a drinking partner he has who has stopped drinking ("You've worn out all your dancing shoes this time" ). Gerard is, once again, drunk ("These eyes have had too much to drink again tonight" ) and is now off to tell his ex-drinking partner just how angry he is at being abandoned. First he tries to call him ("I've been calling you all week for my shotgun/Pick up the phone" ) but then decided he'll go visit him. He gets into a drunken fight with him ("And well I can explain/What happened to my face late last night".)

It could be re-written better though, i don't disagree with that.

Hmm...so you're saying that his drinking buddy sobered up, and quit drinking? I wonder if he eventually helped Gerard quit. But why would Gee be so upset, though? I mean, yeah, disappointed that he has to drink alone, but murderous intentions? And I'm curious about the title, "Bury Me in Black." It seems to have little to do with the song.

I still love it, though. The first time I heard it, I laughed at how they simulated a phone ringing with the guitar and drum. Brilliant!

Oh, and I figured the "lip gloss" thing was drugs, too.

Well from what people say about gerard
He loves revenge metaphors
& in alot of his songs he talking about revenge on someone
["I'm coming back from the dead and I'll take you home with me
I'm taking back the life you stole"]
So idk...
most of the killing and other things are just metaphors they decide to use
He said it in 'Life on the Murder Scene'
Albus Severus
Joining The Black Parade
Albus Severus
June 2nd, 2007 at 04:01pm
I know kids at my school were really creative with how they hid drugs, so maybe the lipgloss and lipstick are some sort of reference to that. Although, I lean towards the belief that it represents fakeness. Lipgloss and lipstick have always seemed really fake and superficial to me, too.
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
June 5th, 2007 at 10:45pm
*sniff* I wear lipgloss.

Lol
Hugs; The New Black
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Hugs; The New Black
June 11th, 2007 at 05:03pm
Solitary Style.:
*sniff* I wear lipgloss.

Lol

lol thats okay there are just some people who slop it on constantly. they usually stuff their bras too. Shifty: lol [/spam]
Lifeisbutadream1993
Killjoy
Lifeisbutadream1993
October 7th, 2007 at 04:26am
MarchTheBlackParade:
blazing_six-guns:
MarchTheBlackParade:
Does anyone know what he means with; 'shot lipgloss through my veins' ?
I'm not that good in english,
I aint good at methaphores and stuff =p

haha, i don't get it either - sorry. : (
i thought it was slang for something though...

Hmm thanx anyway =D
Does anyone else know it? =p

Maybe the 'lip gloss' is alcohol in his system, and lip gloss (or a drink) seems innicent but can turn people violent. So maybe he's trying to say that alcohol seems innicent by saying it's lip gloss. I hope that made sense xD
Lifeisbutadream1993
Killjoy
Lifeisbutadream1993
October 7th, 2007 at 04:28am
Maybe the 'lip gloss' is alcohol in his system, and lip gloss (or a drink) seems innicent but can turn people violent. So maybe he's trying to say that alcohol seems innicent by saying it's lip gloss. I hope that made sense xD
made from neon
Salute You in Your Grave
made from neon
October 7th, 2007 at 11:21pm
loveneverwantedme:
i think that this song talks about gerard being cheated on, or used, so in some sort of drunken rage he is going to seek revenge on the one that cheated on him

Could not agree more!!! That's exactly what I thought too but I was like "Nuuu, that's not something to get entirely pissed about" but apparently so.

Thanks =]]]
TearsOfBlood
Killjoy
TearsOfBlood
October 8th, 2007 at 06:48pm
im having a bury me in black phase.i love the song.um i thnk this songs about bert mccracken and at first i didnt get the lipgloss thing but im pretty sure its talking about some kind of drug.like when its like injected but he wouldnt dare go near a needle.its a reference though
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
October 13th, 2007 at 01:53am
i think... i don't know. but i know that it has something to do with drinking obviously... i just can't quite picture who it's about...

well anyway, it think the "lipgloss" and "lipstick" is drug referance like cocaine or something.

"shot lipgloss through my veins" is sort of like, cocaine shooting throughout your body and taking over you.

"just give us war worn lipstick by the door..." well, war-worn means loads of make-up on your face, so i guess it's sort of like, lots of cocaine or lots of drugs.
Rapunzelrr
Killjoy
Rapunzelrr
June 3rd, 2008 at 04:36pm
I think this song is about Gerard being drunk and pissed.