Don't have an account? Create one!

Cubicles

AuthorMessage
Your.Guardian.Angel.
Jazz Hands
Your.Guardian.Angel.
May 14th, 2007 at 03:17pm
Ah, that could be the case...but devoting a whole song to his stalking of Christina Ricchi...? Eh, I just like to think of it as the tale of a tragic romance never meant to be, lol.
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 15th, 2007 at 12:16am
Who stalked her? Gee did? That's nucking futs.
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
May 16th, 2007 at 01:39pm
yeah he stalkt here or so i read.. i think it says on the webside (INO)
CakePlease.
Motor Baby
CakePlease.
May 19th, 2007 at 05:55pm
-
MCR FREAK
Fabulous Killjoy
MCR FREAK
May 20th, 2007 at 12:19pm
i think its abouta teen love or summit
Freaxx
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Freaxx
May 20th, 2007 at 07:28pm
I think that it's about how auy always sees this girl everyday and knows so much about her and really likes her but hes too nervous to tell her then she moves to a new job or city ect. Then all he wants to do is die or kill himself for not being fast enough.
James Euringer
Bleeding on the Floor
James Euringer
May 26th, 2007 at 05:00pm
this song is WHY office romances are forbidden......
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
May 29th, 2007 at 10:56pm
Yeah so we established that he likes, possibly loves (?), either way is extremely infactuated with this chick at the place he works, then she moves on and he get's upset.

It's deeper than that though. She was the only bright thing in his life, as 'the view outside is sterile' and now she's gone.

It's like this is another failure, another oppertunity missed and even though he tries to distract himself from the pain with other people, he can't help but imagine what they could have been and then eventually draws to the conclusion that he'll never be anything or be with anyone and die alone.

How lovely.
bullets_revenge
Killjoy
bullets_revenge
July 5th, 2007 at 01:56am
I think that this song is about a relationship that has wall build up around it. that he's tearing up her love notes[It's the tearing sound of love-notes
] and that with out her the world out side is dead. [And the view outside is sterile] and that he may still be in the same room[I'm only two cubes down] they are worlds apart. then he talkes about all the things they could be. Thats what I think anyways. Maybe i'm wrong.
bullets_revenge
Killjoy
bullets_revenge
July 5th, 2007 at 01:58am
I think it's all a mediphor for this love gone wrong....
MCRx4life
Killjoy
MCRx4life
September 29th, 2007 at 07:29pm
i think that the meaning of Cubicles is about a man and a woman, that work together, and he was in love with her, and he wrote her love notes but never had the guts to give them to her, so he threw them away.(it's the tearing sound of love notes, drowning out these grey-stained windows) then the woman got fired, married, quit, moved, died ect. (but you dont work here anymore, it's just vacant 3by4. and they might fill your place, a temporary stand-in for your face.) and the man felt like he would never fall in love(this happens all the time, and i cant help but think i'll die alone)(i know you don't work here anymore--sometimes i think i'll die alone, sometimes i think i'll die alone, live and breathe and die alone, sometimes i think i'll die alone, i think i'd love to die alone!)
Radio Saturday
Salute You in Your Grave
Radio Saturday
October 1st, 2007 at 05:53pm
Okay, my theory is kind of like everyone else's -- some poor sod worked in a lousy office and fell in love with a girl who worked there. He couldn't talk to her in the office, but they met up sometimes outside, or he dreamed about meeting her outside. However, she died, either in an accident or through suicide, and now he's deeply upset and disturbed and doesn't think he'll ever find anyone else like her. Hence, "live and breathe and die alone" et cetera. And maybe it was after he knew this girl that he ran away and fell in love with Helena. That's what I think, anyway.

It always kind of reminds me of the video for Disturbed's "Voices," but that's just me.

And I don't see anything to be ashamed of in it. I think it's awesome.
camille catastrophe.
Killjoy
camille catastrophe.
December 31st, 2007 at 04:00pm
To me, the song is basically, about loving someone so much, but they don't even really know you. It could have to do with someone whom he had know at a job, or whatever, or a witty metaphor. And, the line, "and you're only two cubes down," is talking about the person being so close, but he just can't make the move, and do anything about it. Also, about the lines, "but you don't work here anymore/and they fill your place/a temporary stand-in for your face" maybe that's about doubt he's having about loving them, and striving to find someone that he could love more than the one that doesn't notice him. However, in the end, he knows that he could never replace them; and that's where the desperation kicks in, knowing that they'll never be together. Because of this, he thinks he'll die alone, because he feels that he could never love anyone more than her/him.

But, that's just what I get out of it.
XxMuffinxXxLoafxX
Killjoy
XxMuffinxXxLoafxX
January 23rd, 2008 at 02:56pm
This song is honestly my favorite.....It has so much meaning. Im not sure why Gerard says it is his least favorite. but then again i feel this way every day
disenchanted romance
Awake and Unafraid
disenchanted romance
August 13th, 2008 at 02:05am
I think this is about admiring and longing for someone who doesn't even notice you or know that you exist or maybe an unrequited love and so believing that he will spend the rest of his life being alone is not so bad after all.
McR-Dead!-Hearse
Killjoy
McR-Dead!-Hearse
August 27th, 2008 at 03:07am
Well, I don’t know much about this song, but I heard that “Cubicles” is about lust.
That everyday, you love every girl, but you’ll never reach her, …
I'd photocopy all the things that we could be
If you took the time to notice me
But you can't now, I don't blame you
And it's not your fault that no one ever does
But this one is my own opinion:
(an easy idea, which most of ppl who listen to its lyrics, can get it)
I think it’s a song about a guy who falls in love with his co-worker.
* listen, perhaps ‘co-worker’ and ‘her place in her job’ are the metaphor of something else. *
But the first time that he thinks he loves her, she changes her job.-as the metaphor
The guy becomes sad, gets into a deep depression, the only thing he can do to satisfy his lust, is to write love notes for her, and hide them in his drawer, love notes, which he’ll never show’em to her, cuz he’ll never meet her.
He thinks she was THE ONLY one he could ever love and trust, but she ain’t here anymore. No one can ever be replaced by her for him.
And now, since today, he will be alone for life, he cannot choose anyone else, cuz he loves her, he cannot live with anyone else cuz he loves her.

We could be in the park and dancing by a tree
Kicking over blades we see
Or a dark beach with a black view
And pin-pricks in the velvet catch our fall

He says they could’ve had a good life together,
There were two ways for them. 2 choices were :# be with eachother,# or far away, and drown in the misery of black.
but they didn’t choose the 1st one {in fact, SHE didn't choose it, he means, she was NOT here to choose it}.and it all came down into a black view.
And now, he understands that there’s nothing for him, cuz she took everything from him, but his breath.
He can just breathe, and live a sad life, and then, die, but he’ll die alone, and he knows it.
There’s nothing to battle with, there’s nothing to give.
The only thing for giving, is his breath…………….
In the end, he dies………………….
XmychildishromanceX
Killjoy
XmychildishromanceX
September 5th, 2008 at 07:27pm
hmm... yeah. well, i might get kind of deep into this... so sorry if i get any1 bored hehe. ok here goes...:

It's the tearing sound of love-notes
Drowning out these gray stained windows
And the view outside is sterile
And I'm only two cubes down

ok, i think the first part, he writes some chic he likes these love notes... drowning out these gray stained windows, meaning he is trying to get over the fact he is afraid to give them to her.

I'd photocopy all the things that we could be
If you took the time to notice me
But you can't now, I don't blame you
And it's not your fault that no one ever does

ok, just like everyone else says, he is saying he is thinking of all the things that they could do if they were together. but she wont notice him, and he says he is used to it bc nobody ever does, but it still makes him kinda upset.

But you don't work here anymore
It's just a vacant three by four
And they might fill your place
A temporary stand-in for your face
This happens all the time
And I can't help but think I'll die alone

this is saying that she left or died or something, and he is totally crushed. And they might fill your place. A temporary stand-in for your face, this happens all the time, and I can't help but think I'll die alone means he is really upset she is gone, and is kinda wishing some other chic will come or something, and that he really misses her.

So I'll spend my time with strangers
A condition and it's terminal
In this water-cooler romance
And it's coming to a close

he is still missing this chic, and is using other ppl to try to get over it. In this water-cooler romance, and its coming to a close he may have imagined them being together, but its ended his thoughts bc he realizes she is gone and so he will never be with her.

We could be in the park and dancing by a tree
Kicking over blades we see
Or a dark beach with a black view
And pin-pricks in the velvet catch our fall

this might've been some of his thoughts he had if they were ever going to get together, kind of like planning ahead, wishing maybe some day it will be true.

same with the next chorus on what i said last time...

I know you don't work here anymore <i>[x6]

Sometimes I think I'll die alone, sometimes I think I'll die alone
Sometimes I think I'll die alone, live and breathe and die alone
Sometimes I think I'll die alone, sometimes I think I'll die alone
Sometimes I think I'll die alone, I'd think I'd love to die alone

okay, he is like seriously depressed and I'd think I;d love to die alone means he wishes he wouldnt go though this pain, and dying alone will help him end all the pain.

Just take
I think I'd love to die
Me down
I think I'd love to die
Just take
I think I'd love to die
Me down
I think I'd love to die alone <i>[x4]
Live and breathe and die alone
I think I'd love to die alone <i>[x2]

I think I'd love to die alone

on the parts when he said just take me down, he just wants to end the pain, and he does want to die.

okay, i could have gone a bit too deep into this, and might've gone too far and bored you all to death, but this is what i think it is about. but i could be totally wrong.
mcrfan579
Killjoy
mcrfan579
July 9th, 2009 at 04:19pm
Oxycontin Genocide.:
This is my favorite song. Basically it's about this guy (we'll call hin Gerard) who falls in love with this girl (let's call her Helena). Gerard falls in love with Helena and they work in an office building. Helena doesn't even know Gerard exists, and Gerard writes love letters, but doesn't have the nerve to give them to her. Helena gets another job and Gerard becomes depressed and knows he'll die alone.

Oh, that makes a lot of sense. Thnx!
Also, do you run the Oxy Genocide MySpace page?
Just wondering. Smile
mychemfan
Killjoy
mychemfan
July 31st, 2009 at 12:27pm
i feel like this is an elaborate metaphor for a relationship that wouldn't work out, using workplace ideas/ objects to represent others.
poetic tragedy.
Awake and Unafraid
poetic tragedy.
August 2nd, 2009 at 01:32pm
Well...Gerard has like always been afraid of dying alone.
I don't think that's what the song is about, I was just thinking about the
"Sometime I think I'll die alone.."