Don't have an account? Create one!

Drowning Lessons

AuthorMessage
bullets_revenge
Killjoy
bullets_revenge
July 5th, 2007 at 02:18am
Also after listening to both cd I thought that both were connected. that Bullets is how Helena dies. and that Revenge is how he gets her back, it kinda makes sence, he wanted to marry her in this one but couldnt, they has so much to do, and in "to the end" he's kind planning it a little bit. And that he's hinting that in this cd. with the 1000 bodies piled up line. thats the reason for it in both cds. anyone agree?
Veeolin
Jazz Hands
Veeolin
July 5th, 2007 at 10:13am
Yeah. But I agree with what someone else said, that this song is like the conversation between the man and the Devil. There was an interview where Gerard was explaining the Revenge plot, how the man made a deal with the devil. I think this is that deal.

I just thought of something. The lines, "Let's say goodbye/ the hundreth time/ and then tomorrow we'll do it again" might be about actually killing the 1000 people. I thought "let's" meant the man and the woman, but what if the lines are about the man's victims? He's saying "Goodbye" as he kills them, and then tomorrow he'll do it again, because he'll continue killing more vicitims?

Yeah.

Of course, then the whole song could then be taken that way...nevermind. xD
MC-Romance
Killjoy
MC-Romance
July 16th, 2007 at 10:02pm
I agree with alle of your, but I look on the text in my own way Razz i'm sorry my english isn't good but I'm from Denmark so.. Well, I love to read all your ideas.. It's great, and it clear a lot of things fo me..
oscarxtyranny
Killjoy
oscarxtyranny
September 29th, 2007 at 08:16pm
i agree with the whole pills thing, i was thihnking about "a thousand bodies piled up/ i never thought it would be enough" was about the deal with the devil in revenge.
oscarxtyranny
Killjoy
oscarxtyranny
i agree with the whole pills thing, i was thihnking about "a thousand bodies piled up/ i never thought it would be enough" was about the deal with the devil in revenge.
oscarxtyranny
Killjoy
oscarxtyranny
oscarxtyranny
Killjoy
oscarxtyranny
oscarxtyranny
Killjoy
oscarxtyranny
oscarxtyranny
Killjoy
oscarxtyranny
Bleeding; Juliet
Motor Baby
Bleeding; Juliet
December 2nd, 2007 at 07:06pm
a depressed man, deeply in love with a woman who is in love with someone else, he feels that he must do something to show her how much he loves her

the love that he will never get is the imaginary wedding gown that you cant wear in front of me
so, he does whatever he can for her, and then one day, he realized its hopeless. so he kills her, and her significant other, and in turn kills himself. and he believes thats how he will be with her, even though he killed the other man as well.
Bleeding; Juliet
Motor Baby
Bleeding; Juliet
December 2nd, 2007 at 07:08pm
bullets_revenge:
Also after listening to both cd I thought that both were connected. that Bullets is how Helena dies. and that Revenge is how he gets her back, it kinda makes sence, he wanted to marry her in this one but couldnt, they has so much to do, and in "to the end" he's kind planning it a little bit. And that he's hinting that in this cd. with the 1000 bodies piled up line. thats the reason for it in both cds. anyone agree?

but hwo could they know helena die, helena is
elena lee rush

HIS GRANDMOTHER.. how could they know she was going to die?
My.Demolition.Lover
Killjoy
My.Demolition.Lover
December 5th, 2007 at 07:30pm
I think this song is about a boy who loves a girl but she's not very loyal so he starts to abuse her and kills her because it didn't work out.
bullets are hailing.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
bullets are hailing.
December 7th, 2007 at 07:51pm
I always thought that it was a man who wanted to marry this women, but she's dead. wait, let me rephrase that:

it's about the three cheers of sweet revenge album. he wants to marry her(all i'm asking for is...) they're seperated and he can't marry her(wash down this engagement ring with poison and kerosene).he's in purgatory and he makes a deal with the devil. (a thousand bodies piled up). and then he's thinking about when they reunite (and we'll laugh as we die and we'll celebrate the end of things with cheap champagne).
bullets are hailing.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
bullets are hailing.
December 7th, 2007 at 07:54pm
also I thought the "let's say good-bye the hundreth time and then tomorrow we'll do it again" part meant that he's greiving about being away from her everyday and then he'll have to go through it the next day and the next until he gets 1000 bodies.
Spencer Reid
Always Born a Crime
Spencer Reid
December 8th, 2007 at 12:02am
To me, I think this song is about a guy wanting to kill his terrifyingly clingy, creepy girlfriend.

Without a sound I took her down
And dressed in red and blue I squeezed
Imaginary wedding gown
That you can't wear in front of me

^^He imagines himself killing her because she is imagining them getting married, though he doesn't like her that much.

A kiss goodbye
Your twisted shell
As rice grains and roses fall at your feet
Lets say goodbye
The hundreth time
And then tomorrow we'll do it again
Tomorrow we'll do it again

^^When he kills her in his mind, he is getting rid of her cazy mind and the thoughts of marriage (crazy, twisted mind = twisted shell).
But, it's just imaginary, so the next time he sees her he imagines it agian.

I dragged her down
I put her out
And back there I left her where no one could see
And lifeless cold
Into this well
I stared as this moment was held for me

^^He imagines killing her and throwing her down a well and feeling the sense of relief from it.

A kiss goodbye
Your twisted shell
As rice grains and roses fall at your feet
Lets say goodbye
The hundreth time
And then tomorrow we'll do it again

^^Same as the last one.

I never thought it'd be this way
Just me and you we're here alone
And if you stay,
All I'm asking for is
A thousand bodies piled up
I never thought would be enough
To show you just what I've been thinking

^^He never thought that their relationship would end up like that.
He wants to break up with her...but he doesn't want to break her heart.
And, all the bodies (her body a thousand times over because of the many times he "killed" her) wouldn't even give her a hint that he wanted to break up.

And I'll keep on making more
Just to prove that I adore
Every inch of sanity.
All I'm asking for is..
All I'm asking for is..

^^He will continue to kill her in his head because that's the only time he feels sane from her driving him insane.
All he wants is to be rid of her.

These hands stained red
From the times that I've killed you and then
We can wash down this engagement ring
With poison and kerosene
We'll laugh as we die
And we'll celebrate the end of things with cheap champagne

^^He has her blood on his hands because he's imagined himself killing her so many times.
And, she can just take her thoughts of marriage with her when he kills her and he'll celebrate his freedom from her.

Without..
Without a sound
Without..
Without a sound
And I wish you away
Without a sound
And I wish you away
Without a sound, without a sound
And I wish you away
And I wish you away
And I wish you away

^^Without even so much of a sound, he can kill her just by imagining it.
shelbyscream
Fabulous Killjoy
shelbyscream
December 8th, 2007 at 07:27pm
i was really, really confused about this song.
and i have a theory.. in my head and i tried many times to write it down. and that is not happening.
after reading all the replies. i agree with the devil thing, and that by getting 1,000 bodies is how he's going to get his lover back cause she died from one cause or another but the reason is because of him.
and she comes back to life, but it all happens again and again
so more and more bodies are needed.
then they die together.
i don't think that i make any sense at all
maylora
Killjoy
maylora
January 17th, 2008 at 05:41pm
I've been reading most of the post.
And this is what I've come up with
Theres a man who wants to marry a lady, but she tells him she wont marry him until he doesn't need the drugs any more. Every day he tries to get off them and then one day he sees her with another guy, and since he said it him or nothing he kills her. Dumping her body into a well.
He regrets this and makes a deal with the devil to bring him the 1000 bodies.

Make senses to any one besides me?
superhumangorilla
Jazz Hands
superhumangorilla
January 29th, 2008 at 01:55am
i think it is about how if someone loves someone they will do anything for them represented by the 1000 bodies he has to kill to be with her is something that he is shameful for but will still do it just for the person he loves that has been killed and wants 2 be with, because they died before they could get married.
bitchybmcr
Killjoy
bitchybmcr
February 15th, 2008 at 06:01am
i simply am crazy about this song...i think its bout a couple ..the gal must've hurt her man so that guy ends up killing her amd himself..and "without a sound" wishes her away..
gerard4
Killjoy
gerard4
February 23rd, 2008 at 10:34am
y think that is about that that too bitchybmcr