Don't have an account? Create one!

Drowning Lessons

AuthorMessage
Golden Cat
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Golden Cat
April 7th, 2007 at 11:08pm
"Imaginary wedding gown, that you can't wear in front of me"
Every time I hear that, it gives me the idea that he's dreaming of the girl he wants to marry(imaginary wedding gown) but even in his imagination he can't see her wearing it like thew old tradition goes(that you can't wear in front of me). Wait what? It made a lot more sense in my mind..
Danger.Zone--
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Danger.Zone--
April 13th, 2007 at 01:39am
Just a thought drowing lessons??????I no how to drown.But if gerard was teaching id do it
m e g r a g
Killjoy
m e g r a g
April 13th, 2007 at 05:02pm
Hannah!:
Every time I hear that, it gives me the idea that he's dreaming of the girl he wants to marry(imaginary wedding gown) but even in his imagination he can't see her wearing it like thew old tradition goes(that you can't wear in front of me). Wait what? It made a lot more sense in my mind..

by that do you mean the tradition that the groom can't see the bride in the dress before the wedding?
because i thought that too.
but i also thought that it could be about the drug addiction.
i reckon some of the song is about drug addiction and some of it is about how he feels about a girl, who may have cheated on him. maybe it's all mixed. his girl's cheated on him, and hes addicted to drugs. he doesn't want to have to keep going through the same routine of knowing about his girl and having to stay on the drugs.
just a thought.
takezo kenzei.
Awake and Unafraid
takezo kenzei.
April 14th, 2007 at 10:44am
blazing_six-guns:
imeanthis_4ever:
does anyone think that the lines A thousand bodies piled up/I never thought would be enough/To show you just what I've been thinking is referring to the deal with devil in the revenge album??

yeah, i thought that too.......however, i don't know how it fits in Neutral

I think its something that was just a accident. Or maybe something that they had planned so people later would know that it was a hint to the next record. Just a guess. >.<
My Synthetic Love
Killjoy
My Synthetic Love
April 14th, 2007 at 06:07pm
. When he talks about killing, it could mean to actually kill someone, but for some kind of reason i've allways thoght that he is talking about sex o_O. (This is maybe because if allways heard the lyrics as " the times I have killed you in bed"Wink

I've allwys understood it like he's looking back at a relationship.
I don't really know if he's still in it, or if he relly killed her.

I too have a kind of far out idea. It goes like this:

The guy is a serieal killer, and before he killes his newest victim, he looks back at the first time he killed a person. He relly loved this person( it could be the couple from early sunset), but for some kind of reason he killed her. The sadness over killing his love, is what made him continue murdering.
Therefor the " a thousand bodies piled up", and so on.
melancholy_duck
Fabulous Killjoy
melancholy_duck
April 15th, 2007 at 12:50pm
yeh i thought all the references to pills were somehow related to gerard and his anti depressants. i never knew he was takin both tho
melancholy_duck
Fabulous Killjoy
melancholy_duck
April 15th, 2007 at 12:52pm
m e g r a g:
Hannah!:

by that do you mean the tradition that the groom can't see the bride in the dress before the wedding?
because i thought that too.
but i also thought that it could be about the drug addiction.
i reckon some of the song is about drug addiction and some of it is about how he feels about a girl, who may have cheated on him. maybe it's all mixed. his girl's cheated on him, and hes addicted to drugs. he doesn't want to have to keep going through the same routine of knowing about his girl and having to stay on the drugs.
just a thought.

i thought it cud b something like he knew the girl was cheatin on him and was takin the drugs so he didnt have to deal with it
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 17th, 2007 at 01:18am
Well, I thought that Gerard had killed his love on their honeymoon, for whatever reason, and felt guilty, or missed her.... So every night he'd sneak out to the well and pull the body up to look at her, and then say goodbye again.

But you know, I like the "Monroeville" theory better--rcelu123mcr's comment was pretty good. How the man has to kill his lover before she turns into one of the living dead, and the wedding references are just mournful wishes--maybe he was going to propose to her?

As for the "dressed in red and blue" bit, I figured it was in reference to the pills, or perhaps she was dressed in blue, but was bloodied up pretty badly.

And I dunno about the "thousand bodies piled up...to show you just what I've been thinking..." maybe it's a reference to the next album, as is "Demolition Lovers." Maybe "Three Cheers" was in the planning stage at that point.

Right, my ramble is over.
fame monster.
Awake and Unafraid
fame monster.
April 21st, 2007 at 04:11pm
okay this song has always kinda made me think of moulin rouge.
at first i thought this was about a couple and the guy is abusing the girl and he relizes what hes done and wants forgivness ("all i'm askin for"Wink im also sure the abuse has somethin to do with jelousy because of the refrence to engagement. thres also severl references to suicide. maybe he relizes what hes done and kills himself giving it a romeo and juliet feeling. ive always loved this song because of the guitar parts and the depth. i also thought maybe there could be a story of the couple both killing themselves. either one after the other or together ("well laugh as we die and celebrate theend of things with cheap champagne"Wink
imeanthis_4ever
Killjoy
imeanthis_4ever
April 21st, 2007 at 05:53pm
i think that maybe the man abused his fiance [the wedding elements involved in the song] when he was drunk or for reasons unknown, and finally he kills her and when he realizes what he's done he kills himself. i think the line And dressed in red and blue I squeezed might mean red as in blood and blue as in bruises? and As rice grains and roses fall at your feet means the rice grains = wedding, roses = funeral?
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 22nd, 2007 at 01:50am
Oh, yeah--roses could mean funeral. I was thinking of the bride's bouquet, but I like funeral better.

This song's tricky, but I always like your opinions, imeanthis_4ever--you always have pretty good insight.
imeanthis_4ever
Killjoy
imeanthis_4ever
April 22nd, 2007 at 11:32am
thank you!
xChemistryxRomancex
Joining The Black Parade
xChemistryxRomancex
April 24th, 2007 at 09:49pm
I have no clue. I just love this song. My sis has a theory that kinda fits ya'lls theories. You said that it was about a guy killing his fiancee, right. Well my sis thinks the song is about a guy marrying a woman's corpse over and over again. Like, he killed her when he was depressed or crazy or sumthin, and then, after she's burried, he goes and digs her up and marries her over and over. Maybe he doesn't even bury her back. That lyric " I dragged her down and put her out and then I hid her where no one could see" I know it sounds gross, but there are ppl that do this kinda stuff. ,put her out ,could= necropheliac. Gross, I know, but I say Gerard is just that kinda crazy to write sumthing like that*compliment! We're both crazy!* and after that he hides her where no one can find her instead of burying her again. idfk. My head is filled with crazy sh-t like that. It was just a thought.
imeanthis_4ever
Killjoy
imeanthis_4ever
April 24th, 2007 at 11:19pm
^^ as creepy as it sounds, that actually makes perfect sense!
chcolatecake
Killjoy
chcolatecake
April 25th, 2007 at 08:09pm
all of these make sense.... i thought that it meant they were planned to get married, but they relize it wont work...they dont love each other anymore,after every day passes they fall less and less in love....here is parts of the song that made me think that... ( a few parts!) We can wash down this engagement ring
With poison and kerosene... Imaginary wedding gown
That you can't wear in front of me

but thewn i dont know about the death and that stufff. i just proved me thery wrong.....but i guess the pill suggestion fits in well.
S!NNER.
Salute You in Your Grave
S!NNER.
April 26th, 2007 at 08:09pm
because they say 'and tomorrow we'll do it again', I think that maybe it was a couple that died on their wedding day(as rice grains as roses fall @ your feet), but were never able to actually get married, and are forced to relive it...like in those cheesy ghost shows on the Travel Channel.
xo_cemetery_drive_xo
Killjoy
xo_cemetery_drive_xo
April 29th, 2007 at 08:27pm
This is my favorite song... Very Happy
CHLOEE
Killjoy
CHLOEE
May 1st, 2007 at 04:45pm
i love this song. i honestly think it's one of the best mcr songs.
i think this song is about betrayl (sp?) maybe the girl fell in love with someone other than this guy. maybe she cheated. but the way the lyrics are like "these hands stained red from the times that i killed you with them" indicateds he really hates her.
But also "we'll say goodbye the hundreth time and then tomorrow we'll do it again" also may mean he promises himself he will say goodbye and never see her again. but then he can't bring himself to actually lose her forever.

well that's just my view (:
My_Ethiena_Toes
Fabulous Killjoy
My_Ethiena_Toes
May 2nd, 2007 at 11:33am
"Drowning lessons" is maybe about drowning in...deep melancholy, a depression? "we'll say goodbye the hundreth time and then tomorrow we'll do it again"- they want to end the relashionship, say goodbye, but then it comes out they can't, because they are still in love? And the "lesson" is about learning to live with depression or something like that?
It's all just my theory Smile
tombgirl88
Killjoy
tombgirl88
May 2nd, 2007 at 02:18pm
According to me it's basically a goodbye to the drug life. "We'll laugh as we die And we'll celebrate the end of things with cheap champagne." Maybe She represents the addiction to painkillers and alcohol...at least i think so...