iplayguitar007
February 25th, 2008 at 05:11am
in the song it says
"Without a sound I took her down
and dressed in red and blue I squeezed
Imaginary wedding gown
That you can't wear in front of me
A kiss goodbye, your twisted shell"

it goes from her to your....so he is talking to a person about this girl...right?
LikeGhostInSnow.
Killjoy
LikeGhostInSnow.
February 26th, 2008 at 11:07am
I Think it is about a girl who cheats on him. He is in so much sorrow that he Drowns her and she dies. The Man Loves Her so much that he killed himself so he would be with her. He thought that they would both go to heaven, where there is no pain or sorrow and they could have the perfect relationship. Instead The woman gets stuck is pergatory and the man gets stuck in hell. They were both apart and the man wanted to be with her so he made a deal with the devil that he would kill 1000 people to see her..

A Thousand Bodies piled up, i never thought would be enough, to show you just what i've been thinking.

And I Also think it has something to do with pills. He took antidepressants so that he would not be hurt. But in the end, Even though she cheated on him or whatever, he still loves her. Mr. Green
Miracles.
Joining The Black Parade
Miracles.
March 4th, 2008 at 02:37am
I think it's about assisted suicide.

Especially the line 'Say goodbye, a hundred times'.

Don't know why, but thats what I think of it.
Ar!el
Jazz Hands
Ar!el
March 7th, 2008 at 08:47am
Rice grains and roses are traditionally found at weddings (I've never heard of them being used for funerals, but I'd believe it too). It's definately a tragic "love" story. It always sounded to me that he couldn't have her (the imaginary wedding dress meaning somebody else has her?). And he didn't want anyone else to have her either, so one day he just kind of snapped.
xhead1st4halos94x
Fabulous Killjoy
xhead1st4halos94x
April 5th, 2008 at 12:02am
idk i think it was about gerard's fears about commitment because of the line "imaginary wedding gown that you cant wear in from of me" and "we can wash down this engagment ring with poison and kerosene" idk to me it seems like apprehensions about marriage and a serious relationship maybe?
a_h
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a_h
May 19th, 2008 at 05:24pm
i just thought of something...

what if this song is about him keeping his secrets from her until they get married then he starts piling his problems and struggles on her because he knows that she made a commitment to stay with him through it all (isnt that what you do when you get married?) and shes trying to get him to "say goodbye" too his problems day by day "then tomorrow we'll do it again". like he "dragged her down and put her out" of her life as she used to know it and their life is now revolving around him and his problems and its taking a toll on her but she trie to hide it.....

i dont know... kinda fits in with most of the lyrics anyways... Neutral
Fleymevas
Killjoy
Fleymevas
May 21st, 2008 at 12:53am
Here's the way I see it...

Without a sound I took her down. And dressed in red and blue I squeezed. Imaginary wedding gown that you can't wear in front of me.
Silently killed her or struck her down. Bruised and bloody, reference to such pills, or simply the outfit itself. Probably a reference to a wedding that never was.

A kiss goodbye. Your twisted shell. As rice grains and roses fall at your feet. Let's say goodbye the hundreth time and then tomorrow we'll do it again.
Says his goodbyes to her beaten body. I've heard that rice grains and roses have something to do with death. He can't stop saying goodbye, perhaps. Unsure of last part.. (Suggests she survives or returns?)

I dragged her down I put her out. And back there I left her where no one could see. And lifeless cold into this well. I stared as this moment was held for me.
Dragged her body (assumed dead) out somewhere. Disposed of her or left her somewhere (most likely down a well). Looking upon the site of where he leaves her, remembers and regrets past events.

I never thought it'd be this way. Just me and you we're here alone. And if you stay all I'm asking for is.
Could be memories of past events before the tragedy, in which he asks for her to stay.

A thousand bodies piles up I never thought would be enough to show you just what I've been thinking. And I'll keep on making more just to prove that I adore every inch of sanity. All I'm asking for is.
He would kill just to prove that he loves her and the loss of her has taken a toll on his sanity.

These hands stained red from the times that I killed you and then. We can wash down this engagement ring with poison and kerosene. And we'll laugh as we die and we'll celebrate the end of things with cheap champagne. Without a sound and I'll wish you away.
Suggests that he killed her himself using poison, but also poisoned himself. "Engagement ring" enforces the idea that they planned on marriage before their ultimate demise.

What do we have here? Two people that loved each other but some outside force (unknown to me) forced the narrator to bring him and his love to their death.

(Forgive me if my long post seems obnoxious.)
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
May 22nd, 2008 at 06:04am
^ not at all. it's not obnoxious, it's enlightening. there's a difference btwn self-occupied rambling & real story-telling. urs is the latter =)

does this all not remind u of that Avenged 7Fold video...? the one with the dude who kills his gf coz she refuses to marry him, she comes back & kills him in revenge, & they live (well, die) happily ever after as sexy zombies. over a trail of dead bodies, too.
HalloweenFreak720
Killjoy
HalloweenFreak720
July 15th, 2008 at 10:09am
I have been told this, and I think this is true. I think the song is about a guy whose ex girlfriend dies by him pushing her in a well [and lifeless cold into this well] because she was marrying another guy [an imaginary wedding dress that you can't wear in front of me].
[I left her where no one can see] He kept her in the well, and he visited her everyday [let' say goodbye the hundredth time, and tomorrow we'll do it again].
She told him goodbye before she left, and he killed her.
[I'll keep on making more, just to prove that I adore]. He was going to kill anyone who found out, and he was doing it to keep her [a thousand bodies piled up].
After being depressed for a long time after saying goodbye too much, it finally got to him that she was really dead [we'll wash down this engagement ring with poison and kerosene]: he means that he made her drink alcohol;which referred to as poison; and then he pushed her in the well. He drank himself to death, and that's what he means when he says [we'll laugh as we die]
[Without a sound] Because they're both dead.
It's my favorite song, so trust me, I've done research :]
I could be wrong though.
Hopefully this helps :]
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
July 24th, 2008 at 02:29pm
yea with the whole "wedding dress u cant wear infront of me"
hes like pissed at his girlffirend for mayb breaking his heart or something so he likes flips crap on her
thats what i got
raygunjones
Killjoy
raygunjones
August 3rd, 2008 at 02:08pm
i think this song is about a first love. maybe two teenagers, going behind their parents backs to see each other, all very romantic, until they are found out and torn from eachother.
we_r_4evr_parading06
Killjoy
we_r_4evr_parading06
August 8th, 2008 at 08:53pm
A thousand bodies piles up I never thought would be enough to show you just what I've been thinking.

That obviously has to do with the story they thought up. Really that's all I can conclude from that song. it has a lot of stuff in it
i_support_frank
Killjoy
i_support_frank
August 10th, 2008 at 02:49am
This song is about a complicated relationship and all the consequences involved. It is linked with death- how hes tempted to kill her is a metaphor for wanting to break off the relationship. I think you can choose what this is about.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 10th, 2008 at 05:30am
I think its him not really sure if he loves her enough to be with her forever in the begining, love as in enough to marry her, but he leads her to thinking that, then to prove his lie he does things to seem romantic to prove hisself
valiumobsequy
Awake and Unafraid
valiumobsequy
August 12th, 2008 at 08:12pm
it sounds like a relationship headed down*poor gee
McR-Dead!-Hearse
Killjoy
McR-Dead!-Hearse
August 27th, 2008 at 03:04am
Drowning lessons:with all my heart
I love it too, it’s weird, I cracks my brain.
Well, ….ok…in person I think this song is about a guy whose lover committed treason.
And left him, and now, the only thing in his mind, is to commit vengeance.

Without a sound I took her down
•‘red and blue’ is the secret in this album which prolly refer to Gerard’s depression pills.( you know, at that time, Gerard was in a deep despression condition.)

he starts a love-relation with a lady, and claims to love her and takes her in his home, and when they’re alone, he kills her, in a wild way which he doesn’t even give her a chance to wear her wedding dress
Imaginary wedding gown

She can’t wear this dress anymore.

A kiss goodbye, your twisted shell
As rice grains and roses fall at your feet
Lets say goodbye, the hundredth time
And then tomorrow we'll do it again
Tomorrow we'll do it again

He kisses her good-bye and kills her, all of a sudden, love turns to fear, to dread, and then hatred, but time doesn’t give the chance to her to hate him.
In this moment he can say just GOODBYE, and then, tomorrow, he’ll do it again, with another girl, he’ll start a new love-relation, and then kills her before wearing the wedding gown.where nobody knows.

I never thought it'd be this way
Just me and you, we're here alone

His lover comes, now. He’ll surprise of her appereance.,

And if you stay, all I'm asking for is
A thousand bodies piled up
I never thought would be enough
To show you just what I've been thinking

And I'll keep on making more
Just to prove that I adore
Every inch of sanity
All I'm asking for is, all I'm asking for is

And then, he’ll be glad to see her again, he shows her 1000 dead bodies of innocent ladies pilled up.
I think, now he’s crazy,,,,I mean he was sober at first, and he was sane. But after she left him, he started to be an addicted and lost his mind….
He wants this overkill to be a proof to show that he wasn’t that stupid person she thought she dumbed, he is sane.

Love ruined his mind……..
He’s kinda saying : “do you see?? Do you like it? Would you ever think about it ?? are you satisfied that you were wrong?? I’m not foolish, do you understand?? Do you like it to be more?? …OH!!!!....it’s not even important that you like it or not, cuz anyway, I’m gonna show you what I’ve done and I’m gonna do….I’ll take you anywhere to see how it ends….”
And he’s trying to make more dead bodies.
C'mon

These hands stained red
From the times that I've killed you and then

Now, he confesses that he killed his first (the only true) mistress by himself, and he says that the blood which stained his hands from her body, never was cleaned off of his hands, killing 1000 girls wasn’t that easy and quick to let him wash his hands, it took his all time over and he didn’t have time to rest or wash the hands…he kills her, and after that, every other girls……{(again metaphor, “blood” can be a symbol for “revenge” or “repetitive thoughts of her treachery” which cannot be cleaned off of his mind ever, he can never forget what she’s done , and perhaps the “thoughts” are the real meaning of “blood”)}

We can wash down this engagement ring
With poison and kerosene
We'll laugh as we die
And we'll celebrate the end of things
With cheap champagne

(changing of his decision and thoughts show that he lost his mind..another literary metaphor)
He killed her, and now she’s bleeding and dying –still alive- he wants her to marry with him, he says they can wash the ring, and clean the blood, and claim that nothing happened, and he wants to marry with her, no matter what has happened, he says that they can celebrate the wedding party in this dirty place, and with cheap drinks, and without a guest, without a dress , and everything…
But “marriage” is the beginning of a new life,it’s a beginning itself, but because he killed her, their marriage is the end of their lives, and he wants it to be enjoyable, they marry and laugh and at the same time, they die.

Without, without a sound [x2]
And I wish you away

It seems that now, he becomes sober for a minute and thinks and looks at what he’s done…..he cannot believe it, he cannot admit that he did it by himself , and now, he wishes that his lover were not here, he wishes she were some where far from here, then 1000 dead bodies would be alive now, living their lives, and his own sweetheart would be alive and happy too,……
But the time is now, and he cannot erase the past, time won’t give him a new chance to live again, so he has to continue and finish this mental struggle…
It’s not obvious how long it takes, it might be a life-time, maybe an hour, maybe some months or days, .,.,.,.,..,..,but perhaps it’s just a jiffy in his mind, nothing happened, and no one hurt…..but maybe the world is gotten into this problem.
And maybe, just MAYBE , it’s about racking only one of his lovers, ….everyday he bothers her.

The time and the space isn’t obvious and sensible in Bullets album, and also Three Cheers.

Damn it, I don’t know why, but Tim Burton’s Sweeny Todd film rocks my mind, when I saw it, it reminded me of most of Bullets and Sweet Revenge songs……….
Especially its last scene where Johnny Depp and his lover die, and blood runs, it’s exactly the description of the line
“And never again, and never again, they gave us two shots to the back of the head and we’re all, dead now…”
Of song “I Never Told You What I Do For A Living.”
………………………..
Wow….that’s too long!!! I hope you read it and at least don’t hate it.

I’m sorry it takes a few minutes but my back hurts now…it’s worse!!!
DemolitonLover
Killjoy
DemolitonLover
August 31st, 2008 at 04:31pm
i think this is about a relationship that goes totally wrong....

"Without a sound I took her down
Imaginary wedding gown
A kiss goodbye, your twisted shell"

he killed her for not marrying her - and dressed in red and blue I squeezed
Imaginary wedding gown - he wanted this to happen so he imagined it.
keep.it.chemical
Killjoy
keep.it.chemical
September 9th, 2008 at 12:32pm
one of the best songs they have written !
StandUpEffingTall!
Killjoy
StandUpEffingTall!
December 13th, 2008 at 01:27am
Maybe some won't agree with my view of Drowning Lessons, but here it is: I think its about someone who holds someone back in life. If you don't get them off your back then you are just drowning yourself in depression.

Dance
StandUpEffingTall!
Killjoy
StandUpEffingTall!
January 18th, 2009 at 07:54pm
I don't agree with my post at all!!!!!