Don't have an account? Create one!

Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For The Two Of Us

AuthorMessage
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
October 19th, 2007 at 04:46pm
black dahlia:
a mirror is something that you snort cocaine off of. i think that at one point, gerard used cocaine quite a bit, and he had a girlfriend who tried to stop him from using it. this song is his reply to her, saying that "i can either be with you or do cocaine."

he chose the drugs.

he's also been reported as saying: "this song is about a big, fat whore."
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
October 20th, 2007 at 05:44pm
Did Gerard really do cocaine in real life.....for real? Crying or Very sad

Awwww.....this sounds vain, but he's too cute to have a lifelong addiction eating at him!
Hayley Williams
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Hayley Williams
October 27th, 2007 at 02:57pm
PShortie:
Yer. In an interview, he said its about his ex whore of a girlfriend who tried to stop him doing what he wanted I.E Drugs

was it a video interview?

[/endspam]
xXxSmElliexXx
Killjoy
xXxSmElliexXx
October 29th, 2007 at 01:34am
I heard it was about Mikey's ex-girlfriend or something, you know? 'cause it says something about not taking his brother. I can't remember where I heard that, someone might have mentioned it already, I didn't exactly read all the comments before me
mr.ross
Jazz Hands
mr.ross
November 10th, 2007 at 06:42pm
"The amount of pills I'm takin, counteracts the booze i'm drinkin"
-obiously about when he was addicited to drugs and before he got sober

"Honey, this MIRROR isn't big enough for the two of us"
Mirror- used to snort cocaine off of

"We're not working out, We're not working out, You can't touch my brother, and you won't fuck my friends"

He's telling that bitch to fuck off and stop doing it with his friends to try to make him regret dumping her for drugs.

<3 Gerard
I'm DEAD!
Joining The Black Parade
I'm DEAD!
November 26th, 2007 at 08:02pm
Idk I read an interview and somebody asked him what this song was about. He very bluntly replied, "This song is about a big fat whore." So i'm thinking skanky ex-girlfriend on this one, maybe that chick from highschool. He's basically telling her to hit the road and not try to drag any of his buds down with her when she goes
empires
Thinking Happy Thoughts
empires
November 27th, 2007 at 02:29am
I'm DEAD!:
Idk I read an interview and somebody asked him what this song was about. He very bluntly replied, "This song is about a big fat whore." So i'm thinking skanky ex-girlfriend on this one, maybe that chick from highschool. He's basically telling her to hit the road and not try to drag any of his buds down with her when she goes
*Agrees*
I've heard the same.
And it makes sense. ::nod::
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
December 3rd, 2007 at 01:56am
^^ I agree with that

I also, however, think that it could be about gerard or mikey's ex-girlfriend who only cared about how she looked and sex (eg, MIRROR) and Gerard tells her that she can decide to stop being a whore or be a slut and leave him without messing with any of his friends
i'mateenager.scared?
Killjoy
i'mateenager.scared?
March 21st, 2008 at 09:32pm
Scream_Above_Music!:
horror show.:
I think its aboout his drug addiction and how his girlfriend is concerned about it. However, shes a complete whore, so he won't do what she says, and keeps on with his addiction.
I agree with this
I know this is for the dealing of Gerard's controlling girlfriend and was doing drugs, but with out knowing this when i first heard it i thought that he was saying that somone was trying to take over his career and saying that i started it and that he didnt want her or someone in the picture.
iPod junkie
Killjoy
iPod junkie
March 28th, 2008 at 02:41pm
Maybe it could be how Gerard's ex could have been trying to get it on with Gerard's friends and brother so that he would get jealous and stop doing drugs so he could get her back? Neutral maybe....
xixamXaddictedX2uhun
Killjoy
xixamXaddictedX2uhun
April 19th, 2008 at 02:44pm
I saw the music video and i automatically loved the song. now picyure the video. the guy meets this girl (a model i guess?) and they have a stand. he wakes up and shes gone. he goes searching for her but has no luck. he comes back and kills him! Honestly i think its about gee or mikey or any of the guys and they had some huge secret! They told their girlfriend then she threatens to tell...

OR........ Like ive heard gerard talkin to himself. hes crazy when hes on drugs and drunk. (as most of you all know) hes trying to get rid of one of the sides. i dont know which but yea
The Fab Four
Always Born a Crime
The Fab Four
May 30th, 2008 at 10:20am
black dahlia:
a mirror is something that you snort cocaine off of. i think that at one point, gerard used cocaine quite a bit, and he had a girlfriend who tried to stop him from using it. this song is his reply to her, saying that "i can either be with you or do cocaine."

he chose the drugs.

he's also been reported as saying: "this song is about a big, fat whore."
That's really intresting. I always presumed he meant it as in she was trying to become to involved in his life and was using him so she "looked" good.
I didn't think Gerard did cocaine that far back...He says in LOTMS during the part about naming the band that it fitted because he was addicted to pills and later on had and addiction to cocaine.
the.sharpest_lives
Fabulous Killjoy
the.sharpest_lives
July 4th, 2008 at 07:17pm
What does he whisper at the end of the song?
MiDesfileNegro
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MiDesfileNegro
December 16th, 2008 at 12:55pm
Who's ex is this song about, if it's about an ex? I heard it was Mikey's ex... I know it's obviously Gerard singing but in that case, is it being told from Mikey's point of view?
and i wish you away
Killjoy
and i wish you away
May 24th, 2009 at 09:33am
so i agree with the fact that a mirror is used to snort cocain off, which ties into the title. i have had and heard heaps of differnet opinions on what this sing was about. one is that gerad and a girlfriend break up, like he breaks up with her, but she doesnt want to move on and he just doesnt give a shit. (and you can cry all you want to i dont care) so she goes and gets with his friends and brother to get back at him, (the drugs are making him really angry or something dont know how that ties in) and in the end he tells himself he wont go through that ever again,
another one was he decide to give up drugs for her, but then couldnt do it and needed them back..(im knocking let me in) if that makes sense haha. x
May
Killjoy
May
June 21st, 2009 at 10:44pm
i cant remember where i heard it, but im pretty sure that this song is about drugs and alcoholism. again, i cant remember where i hear this from, but i think they use mirros as a metaphor for drugs. and what i get from this, is that Gerard's gf is trying to control him.

YOU CAN CRY ALL U WANT TO I DONT CARE HOW MUCH -- Gerard doesnt care if she keeps bugging him, he wont stop with his addiction

AND YOU CANT KEEP MY BROTHER AND YOU WONT FUCK MY FRIENDS, WERE NOT WORKING OUT -- Gerard wants her to stop trying to get him through his bro and his friends.

THIS TIME I MEAN IT NEVER MIND THE TIMES I'VE SEEN IT.-- well, its pretty ovious, but what he's saying is that he really means it, that he really wants her to stop, no matter how many times its happened before, he wants her to stop fucking everybody.

thats my point of view.. Very Happy i think this song is amazing.. GOOD JOB, MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE! Very Happy lol.

--Alice
thatkindavampireluv
Killjoy
thatkindavampireluv
November 26th, 2009 at 05:06pm
okay, yes, gerard did cocain. but last i checked, lotms says he did it once when he was suicidal AFTER revenge, according to that, i dont really belive that he did any cocain when writing the song, im not saying im right, cuz i could easily wrong, but you gotta think about that
Arcran
Killjoy
Arcran
April 1st, 2010 at 04:49pm
Gerard said this song was about "sucking dick for cocaine"
Could that have been a metaphor for something else? Like, how desprate he was for drugs, or a girlfriend he had?
angelofthemissed
Fabulous Killjoy
angelofthemissed
May 13th, 2012 at 02:31pm
This is about a ex- girlfriend of Gerard's who wanted him to quit doing drugs, so he broke up with her