Don't have an account? Create one!

Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For The Two Of Us

AuthorMessage
hanna-xx
Killjoy
hanna-xx
April 19th, 2007 at 07:13am
I read somewhere that this song is actually about mikeys old girlfriend that gerard didnt like.
it explains the line 'you wont fuck my brother' and also 'you cant keep my friends' -- he could be refering to mikey there.
because if its gerards girlfriend
WHY
would she fuck mikey?
and WHY would she have his friends?
anyways that what i think
also she could be controlling over gerard and mikey?
MCR.4.life
Killjoy
MCR.4.life
April 23rd, 2007 at 09:36pm
Gerard's sister:
i read somewhere that this song deals with drug use , foreshadowing Gerard's problems with alcohol in the past & it's based on a previous girlfriend of Mikey with lines such as "And you can't touch my brother and you can't my friends". "my brother" can be Mikey, though. But I still have a feeling that "my brother" is Gee. *confused*

Wow, you just brought up a new train of thought........cool.
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 24th, 2007 at 08:26pm
OMG it's NESSIE!!:
a mirror is something that you snort cocaine off of. i think that at one point, gerard used cocaine quite a bit, and he had a girlfriend who tried to stop him from using it. this song is his reply to her, saying that "i can either be with you or do cocaine."

he chose the drugs.

he's also been reported as saying: "this song is about a big, fat whore."

Well, I guess that explains everything for me. I figured you could snort cocaine off any-and everything, though...
Snowball.
Demolition Lover
Snowball.
April 27th, 2007 at 12:00am
Listen to The Lyrics

"And you can cry all you want to, I don`t care how much you`ll invest
Yourself in Me, We`re not working out(We`re not working out)"

Those Lyrics show once again Gerard had a girlfriend in the begining of the band and they
broke up
XVampireX
Joining The Black Parade
XVampireX
May 13th, 2007 at 06:06pm
this either about being high on shrooms or sumthing and being angry at ur reflection.
or this is about not liking what u have become or someone is forcing u to be something ur not or dont wanna be.
kind of like that song on Mulan, when will my reflection show or sumthing like that.
vEnom flavour_cookiE
Killjoy
vEnom flavour_cookiE
May 15th, 2007 at 07:06am
gerard used to introduce this by saying 'this song is about a big fat whore', so, i think its about an ex...but her being mikeys girlfriend makes more sense.

also, if i decided to look DEEPER (i think we should all hide from psychobitch now) it could be about how he was pissed off at himself, and how he hated himself for what he was when he was taking drugs- which would explain the title, in part. maybe by saying 'this mirror aint big enough for the two of us' he was making the point that when he saw his reflection in the mirror, hed see two people- the person who he really was, beneath the drug addict alcoholic thing, who maybe was asking for help, and also the bad version of himself- the version which took drugs, drank too much, did stuff hed regret later. and its as if he was saying to himself, i dont want this split personality, i dont want to be two people, i just want to be me.

oh, and i have further *deep* thoughts to back this up- the line 'you wont fuck my brother and you cant keep my friends' could be like, talking to the other person- the bad alter ego, and saying stop fucking my brother around, stop giving him all this shit to deal with, and stop taking my friends from me by being this unstable volatile person...
this is about as far as it goes...and then my theory pretty much collapses because i have nothing else to back up the rest of the lyrics.

in short, i am not being deep...i am instead just fucking around, and probably making no sense whatsoever
MCR FREAK
Fabulous Killjoy
MCR FREAK
May 20th, 2007 at 12:44pm
We all know this one, abotu gerard past girl friend wanting him to go off the drugs and stuff and then going after his friends.
Your.Guardian.Angel.
Jazz Hands
Your.Guardian.Angel.
May 22nd, 2007 at 03:23pm
Yes, simply abaout that ex of Gerard's...And is it just me or does this song have the best lines to use when you're arguing with a good friend; "we're not workin' out", "And you can cry all you want to, I don't care...", "Well I'll choose this life I've taken", etc. I mean, this song is all about the break-ups.
Contentment::
Killjoy
May 22nd, 2007 at 05:24pm
This song, like a bunch of others said, is about Gerards ex-girlfriend who didn't want him to chose the party lifestyle and the party friends, and this bothers him, It doesn't matter to him what she thinks about it. She also tried to get with his friends and his brother, Mikey, which pisses him off, he says no you can't do that, we're not working out, he's seen this happen before so he means it, although i'm sure they didn't cheat with her, or else they wouldn't be friends or a band and he'd hate Mikey, lol. Also by the lines: "And it's hard to say I'm shaken by the choices that I make, and I get a little shaken
Because I live my life like this" means it does bother him how he's living and the choices he makes, but it's hard to admit it.
And: Oh baby let me in I'm knocking let me in" Is what she's saying, she wants him to let her back in his life, she's at his preverbial door.
At least that's how I understand it.
GasolineRainbow
Jazz Hands
GasolineRainbow
May 31st, 2007 at 10:15pm
I love the video though. Very funny.
Killjoy
June 4th, 2007 at 05:19pm
"Oh baby let me in I'm knocking let me in"
Could also mean, he wants to get rid of her really bad,
but apart of him wants her and needs her. :s
killyourfriends1
Killjoy
killyourfriends1
July 11th, 2007 at 05:43am
i dont have a meaning, i just really dont his:
"And you can't touch my brother
And you can't keep my friends"
and
"And you can't keep my brother
And you won't fuck my friends"
was it about an old girlfreind who cheated on him wit his bro, and his friends?
my head hurts
WhorerMovie
Killjoy
WhorerMovie
August 23rd, 2007 at 01:45am

mm, yall hit it dead on, i think! i love how in the video he rubs his nose straight off (coke reference)

my favorite mcr song Very Happy

WhorerMovie
Killjoy
WhorerMovie
August 23rd, 2007 at 01:47am
Contentment:::
"Oh baby let me in I'm knocking let me in"
Could also mean, he wants to get rid of her really bad,
but apart of him wants her and needs her. :s

i always thought SHE was saying that to him? as if she wanted gerard to open up about the addiction or something.

Lethal Injection
Killjoy
Lethal Injection
September 4th, 2007 at 04:52am
Badger ; astrozombie:
the starting lines gives you the rough idea of the full song.
about gerards struggle with the pills booze depression ectect.

Totaly agree. He was drinking cause he's afaid to go onstage and to swich his brain off he had to take pills but the combo of booze and pills was making him suicidaly depresed so he aded blow to the mix.
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
September 4th, 2007 at 06:24pm
Yikes. I think this song is showing that a guy is asked to choose between the woman he's with and the drugs he's using. And he's clearly choosing the drugs.

Clearly with his anger towards the woman she isn't blameless either. If he is still angry towards her even after he himself admitted that the drugs were a really bad lifestyle choice then she must have done something wrong. I'm curious did she actually fuck his friends, or just try/ threaten to. Because people say alot of stuff in arguments that they don't really mean.
If the guy I was with was choosing drugs over me I can see myself telling him i'd choose his friends over him, out of anger.

I think the end where she's begging to be let back in is really really sad. It's like he's closed himself off completely so she can't try to understand him. And he doesn't care how much she cries. It's quite sad.

My guess is she did something to try and get even with him after he didn't choose her and it made him hate her a whole lot more.

Or of course it could just be made up lyrics, where the person imagined themself in that situation. Lyrics are always up for interpretation.

xxx
falling_star
Killjoy
falling_star
September 5th, 2007 at 12:31pm
I think that the fact that the song even mentions a mirror is probably important - I mean you can snort coke off anything, right? - and in the cd leaflet thing the pic of Gerard is him looking into a mirror, which makes me think he's talking to himself and the song's about how he thinks that drugs change him, so his mirror-image isn't quite the same. Amongst other things. Because there's no one interpretation of any song, is there?

Mimi xxx
xshotgunsinner
Killjoy
xshotgunsinner
September 5th, 2007 at 07:11pm
I think that the fact that the song even mentions a mirror is probably important - I mean you can snort coke off anything, right? - and in the cd leaflet thing the pic of Gerard is him looking into a mirror, which makes me think he's talking to himself and the song's about how he thinks that drugs change him, so his mirror-image isn't quite the same. Amongst other things. Because there's no one interpretation of any song, is there?

I think so too. But it can also be that he haven't realised he have changed efore his girlfriend says so. and then he looks in the mirror and sees the changes. but at the same time he wants to deny them.
XJulietLovestheBeatX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
XJulietLovestheBeatX
September 11th, 2007 at 10:08pm
[spam] has anyone ever noticed that when he supposedly says "..and you won't fuck my friends" for the second time, he clearly says "..and you won't fuck my frank"? or is it just my sick mind recking havoc again?[/spam]
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
October 18th, 2007 at 09:49pm
black dahlia:
a mirror is something that you snort cocaine off of. i think that at one point, gerard used cocaine quite a bit, and he had a girlfriend who tried to stop him from using it. this song is his reply to her, saying that "i can either be with you or do cocaine."

he chose the drugs.

he's also been reported as saying: "this song is about a big, fat whore."