Don't have an account? Create one!

Our Lady Of Sorrows

AuthorMessage
AVENGE ME.
Joining The Black Parade
AVENGE ME.
February 26th, 2007 at 07:44pm
asexual; edlaine:
I think this song is about a "lost" girl who doesn't get the best out of life. She's always beaten mentally and physically. And then there's this guy who likes her and tells her to stand up for herself. The lyric "Stand up fucking tall. Don't let them see your back" is the source.

The guy is also asking the girl to come with him and together they will fight the persons who are trying to bring them down.

I agree with this person
razor_poet
Killjoy
razor_poet
March 11th, 2007 at 07:52pm
This song means to me that they are both beaten down every day and the only way to get through it is to stand tall and stick together.
Kid Rock
Banned
Kid Rock
March 12th, 2007 at 08:24pm
First, can someone tell me what laceration gravity is?
I'm looking at you..
Killjoy
I'm looking at you..
March 23rd, 2007 at 08:38am
i believe this song tells about a couple fighting off demons or zombies and they arent afraid to go down fighting becuz theyl be 2gether in heaven
crazy_angel
Killjoy
crazy_angel
March 30th, 2007 at 09:36pm
i read somewhere that this song is about Romeo and Juliet "we could be perfect one last night and die like star crossed lovers when we fight" well i dunno but if it is it would really help with homework Neutral
technicolor.
Demolition Lover
technicolor.
March 30th, 2007 at 09:41pm
crazy_angel:
i read somewhere that this song is about Romeo and Juliet "we could be perfect one last night and die like star crossed lovers when we fight" well i dunno but if it is it would really help with homework Neutral

Holy shit, thats why when i was reading Romeo and Juliet i thought that one line looked familar. It makes sense so thats probably what it is about.
heartache to sing
Bleeding on the Floor
heartache to sing
March 30th, 2007 at 09:55pm
Yeah that line always reminds me of Romeo and Juliet.

But what the hell is laceration gravity?

P.S. The word "fuck" is said in this song 8 times. Just thought everyone would want to know. Spam
dread_cry999
Fabulous Killjoy
dread_cry999
March 30th, 2007 at 11:04pm
laceration gravity is well... 1. Laceration= cutting... and 2. gravity=downward force... its a combination of words meaning, devastating cutting...
heartache to sing
Bleeding on the Floor
heartache to sing
March 30th, 2007 at 11:43pm
WOW thanks. That makes sooooo much sense now...
emo drama queen
Salute You in Your Grave
emo drama queen
March 31st, 2007 at 06:42am
ANM_92:
harmless vampire:
it's not really a song meaning, but does anyone know what the hell laceration gravity is???????
my guess is an attraction to violence

it's a song about friendship....
I'm looking at you..
Killjoy
I'm looking at you..
March 31st, 2007 at 09:16pm
xPhantomsX_ForeverXx:
This is pretty much their most punk song, I think. Isn't it supposed to tie into the Bonnie and Clyde concept of "Bullets"? Y'know, "star-crossed lovers"...
idk i kinda got the bonnie and clyed vibe from hang 'em high
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 28th, 2007 at 12:43am
I agree with the theory presented by Im.A.Screamer-MCRmy-

I'd like to add my thoughts on 1. "laceration gravity," and 2. "just because my hand's around your throat."

1. We all know that laceration is a cut on the skin. Gravity could actually be a noun form of "grave," which means serious. "Laceration gravity," I believe, means, "how serious the cuts." Namely, "how bad we get 'em back." Because, the line immediately after is, "this riddle of REVENGE." I think Laceration Gravity is referring to their plot of revenge.

2. "Just because my hand's around your throat," I'm pretty sure about. He's forcing her to fight back, whether she wants to or not, because he knows it's best for her. In verse one, he mentions "shed your yellow," which I believe means, "stop being a coward." This song is very forceful and violent. Which is why I love it so very much.

And I honestly don't know about the immortality line. I still don't think I understand it.
chemicallyinsane
Killjoy
chemicallyinsane
April 29th, 2007 at 02:48pm
ok, this is my (long) theory, so... yeah... XD

"We could be perfect one last night
And die like star crossed lovers when we fight"

anyone read ''Romeo and Juliet''? in the introduction to the play, romeo and juliet are referred to as ''two star-crossed lovers...'' in this play, (as most probably know, but ANYHOW, for those who don't) romeo and juliet are two kids who fall in love, but whose relationship is completely forbidden by both of their families - the Montagues and the Capulets - as they are deadly enemies. in the end, romeo and juliet both see that theyre pretty much screwed unless they break up, have one last shot at fighting the bullies (their families) and when that doesnt work out, they kill themselves.

sooo thats always how i think of the song - about two young lovers, who were blissfully happy until a group of powerful, scary bullies (could be peers, family) tried to shoot them down. then, when theyre backed into a corner, one says to the other, ''cmon, we have nothing to lose, lets have one last shot at it.'' , and encourages the other to have one last go at sticking it to the bullies. i get the feeling its the guy saying it to the girl.

i.e., lets spend the night together, and if they try split us up we'll fight as best we can, even if it means dieing.

''Take my hand and then
We'll solve the mystery of laceration gravity"

hmmm.

laceration gravity - my guess is that its something along the lines of the attraction of flesh wounds, like how some people find pleasure in cutting themselves. i think this lyric is saying 'stick with me, and we're gonna find out whats so pleasurable about our skin being cut, cause when the 'bullies' find us, theyre gonna tear us apart.' in other words, take my hand, and we're going to die.

''And cross the patron saint of switchblade fights"

so, this might mean, lets go against the bully. ''patron saint of switchblade fights" a fancy way of portraying someone really powerful, violent and threatening.

''Oh, how wrong we were to think
That immortality meant never dying"

gerard's fave lyric!!!XD

hmm, it's a toughie. MY guess is that the lovers thought that because they were together and so completely in love they felt as if they were one, an instoppable, powerful force, and as long as they were together, they were untouchable - they felt immortal. but that's not the case as they realize in the song.

"Just because my hands around your throat"
this line's weird - why's he choking her??? i think its because of his desperation - she's ready to give up their relationship but he's willing here to fight, and in his frustration he's grabbing her by the throat and saying ''COME ON! DON'T YOU FUCKING GIVE UP ON ME, DAMMIT!!''

and as for the title? well, i'm not really sure, but i think it refers to the girl, who is based on a juliet-esque character, who pretty much has had a crappy sort of life, and always seemed to get the short end of the stick, and was therefore always sorrowful. maybe?

sooo thats basically it. anyone got any comments?
papershoe
Fabulous Killjoy
papershoe
May 6th, 2007 at 03:28pm
[quote="Ms.CarolineWay"]but what about the "oh how wwrong wee were to think that immortality meant never dying"?? friendship?[/quote

thats exactly what i was thinking, the whole song seems to be about good friendship and this lyric comes along and it like almost changes the whole thing around...maybe since it follows "you said, who put the words in your head" maybe its like one friend reassuring the other..giving them support and helping them with something and giving him or her advice...but i really dont know...its really confusing...yet its like you cant forget that lyric since its really cool...i dont make any sense right know.ahh!!..i give up.
papershoe
Fabulous Killjoy
papershoe
May 6th, 2007 at 03:32pm
chemicallyinsane:

anyone read ''Romeo and Juliet''? in the introduction to the play, romeo and juliet are referred to as ''two star-crossed lovers...'' in this play, (as most probably know, but ANYHOW, for those who don't) romeo and juliet are two kids who fall in love, but whose relationship is completely forbidden by both of their families - the Montagues and the Capulets - as they are deadly enemies. in the end, romeo and juliet both see that theyre pretty much screwed unless they break up, have one last shot at fighting the bullies (their families) and when that doesnt work out, they kill themselves.

sooo thats always how i think of the song - about two young lovers, who were blissfully happy until a group of powerful, scary bullies (could be peers, family) tried to shoot them down. then, when theyre backed into a corner, one says to the other, ''cmon, we have nothing to lose, lets have one last shot at it.'' , and encourages the other to have one last go at sticking it to the bullies. i get the feeling its the guy saying it to the girl.

i.e., lets spend the night together, and if they try split us up we'll fight as best we can, even if it means dieing.

''Take my hand and then

hmmm.

laceration gravity - my guess is that its something along the lines of the attraction of flesh wounds, like how some people find pleasure in cutting themselves. i think this lyric is saying 'stick with me, and we're gonna find out whats so pleasurable about our skin being cut, cause when the 'bullies' find us, theyre gonna tear us apart.' in other words, take my hand, and we're going to die.

so, this might mean, lets go against the bully. ''patron saint of switchblade fights" a fancy way of portraying someone really powerful, violent and threatening.

gerard's fave lyric!!!XD

hmm, it's a toughie. MY guess is that the lovers thought that because they were together and so completely in love they felt as if they were one, an instoppable, powerful force, and as long as they were together, they were untouchable - they felt immortal. but that's not the case as they realize in the song.

this line's weird - why's he choking her??? i think its because of his desperation - she's ready to give up their relationship but he's willing here to fight, and in his frustration he's grabbing her by the throat and saying ''COME ON! DON'T YOU FUCKING GIVE UP ON ME, DAMMIT!!''

and as for the title? well, i'm not really sure, but i think it refers to the girl, who is based on a juliet-esque character, who pretty much has had a crappy sort of life, and always seemed to get the short end of the stick, and was therefore always sorrowful. maybe?

ohhh!!! that makes perfect sense!!!! i agree with you all the way!!!!!
papershoe
Fabulous Killjoy
papershoe
May 6th, 2007 at 03:32pm
chemicallyinsane:

''Take my hand and then

hmmm.

gerard's fave lyric!!!XD

ohhh!!! that makes perfect sense!!!! i agree with you all the way!!!!!
raggedy doctor
Shotgun Sinner
raggedy doctor
May 7th, 2007 at 06:12am
^^ when i read the lyrics, i never saw "Just because my hands around your throat"
is there 2 different versions to OLOS?

EDIT : Dumb me, "Just because my hands around your throat" is the bit they yell at the end.

Maybe hes choking her, because the "Patron Saint Of Switchblade Fights" basically, the leader of all knife fights, has wounded her, and he doesnt want her to suffer ?
Thats kinda Romeo and Juliet, but reversed, cause he gives her the poison, if you get me?
My-Radical-Toe-Dance
Killjoy
My-Radical-Toe-Dance
May 8th, 2007 at 04:10am
haha don't feel dumb I was wondering what that throat part was from too hehe

here's my analysis:

We could be perfect one last night
And die like star-crossed lovers when we fight

- the lovers arent perfect in their relationship, but they love each other nonetheless, and they'll be together and fight for their love [i love that star crossed lovers line, hehe shakespeare, i don't care who wrote it)

And we can settle this affair
If you would shed your yellow take my hand

a problem has been occurring concerning their relationship and the girl (it's very masculine the way gerard sings it and the language used to, so i'm assuming it's the perspective of the guy) is scared and guy is getting her to step out of normal scared self and fight for herself

And then we'll solve the mystery of laceration gravity
This riddle of revenge please understand it has to be this way and

laceration is a cut to the skin by wound or trauma, i'm more incline to trauma, they would have been going through hell being i love and having screwups telling them otherwise
gravity can mean a solemn or dignified feeling, so the mystery of laceration gravity can be them trying to figure out why they feel trauma with falling in love and why they feel like it was promised for them to feel that way the 'riddle of revenge' will be them figuring out a way to get back at their oppressors and he is telling the girl to go along because it has to be that way

Stand up fucking tall
Don't let them see your back
Take my fucking hand
and never be afraid again

he's just telling her to stand up for herself and him and no matter what, he'll always be there to cover her in their fight *aww wouldnt mind having a guy like that Smile*

We've only got one chance to put this at an end
and cross the patron saint of switchblade fights

it's their last time that they can go along and stand up for themselves and beat down the oppressors

You said we're not celebrities, we spark and fade, they die by three
I'll make you understand and you can trade me for an apparition

by looking at the other songs on this album, their relationship does seem to go up and down, the spark and fade reference, and the 'trading for an apparition' means he'll die for her and his standings if she won'

Trust, you said
Who put the words in your head

she believes in trust, and i think it's sarcasm where he says the second line, as if he told her all about trust

Oh how wrong we were to think
That immortality meant never dying

when you die, you go into eternal life... or it could be a way of saying that they need to sacrifice their love for them to live, but their love would die? other people have explained this better than I have LOL i bet i'll be able to explain it tomorrow though hehe

Just because my hands around your throat!
i think she's losing faith in him and is doubting him, and he's answering her with that live. i think he's replying to her as she says something along the lines of: you're hurting me, i'm changing my mind or something and he's all Just because i've got my hands around your throat, doesn't mean i dont love you!

quite funny ending hehe, well, in my mind anyway

my fav song on their first album Razz
Your.Guardian.Angel.
Jazz Hands
Your.Guardian.Angel.
May 8th, 2007 at 03:10pm
This is deffinetly a well-meaning song about standing up for yourself and making the best out of life with what ya have...Also, how powerful friendship can be!
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 16th, 2007 at 04:20pm
CollisionOfYourKiss:
This is deffinetly a well-meaning song about standing up for yourself and making the best out of life with what ya have...Also, how powerful friendship can be!
I agree with you