What the Frank!?
Motor Baby
What the Frank!?
May 29th, 2007 at 08:15pm
in refrence to the tragedy of romeo and juliet

"We could be perfect one last night"

That could represent the last time romeo and juliet were together

"And die like star crossed lovers when we fight"

that explains how the only way to open up their families' eyes to a much bigger problem was to die and make a statement by dying one after the other. the term 'star crossed lovers' is generally explained as a relationship held back by a family's personal grugde but in that relationship they are still able to find a way to be together because they love each other that much and they'd even die if thats what was needed to be together.

"And we can settle this affair"

what settled he affair was the death of both romeo and juliet. it opened the eyes of their parents to what was really going on.

"if you would shed your yellow"

yellow is looked upon as cowardice.....basically meaning to get rid of fear

'take my hand and then
We'll solve the mystery of laceration gravity
This riddle of revenge
Please understand that it has to be this way"

this is like how to find a way to be together and they will find the answer together through the power of love. that's the only way to solve the problem.
What the Frank!?
Motor Baby
What the Frank!?
May 29th, 2007 at 08:24pm
a theory about laceration gravity.....

laceration means rough or jagged
gravity is a force of attraction

laceration gravity may mean.........

an attraction between two people but the relationship is torn in a way based on the actions of others.

a relationship that is rough around the edges

the song says we'll solve the mystery of laceration gravity.........
that might be reffering to a relationship in the way of them wanting to be together but something is holding them back.
the want to solve the mystery of how to be together even though the relationship is being held back.
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
May 31st, 2007 at 11:36am
i think its about a girl who is somewhat insecure and gerard is with her and he's trying to support her and get her to stand up for herself
Freaxx
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Freaxx
June 2nd, 2007 at 12:33am
I think it is about facing the world and going through life with a good friend who will be with you always.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
June 8th, 2007 at 02:20am

I think its all about friendship!
About standing by your BF no matter what, to protect them and be there for them!
I love it! In Love
Wink
blackXparade77
Killjoy
blackXparade77
July 4th, 2007 at 10:08pm
All this friendship.... then what about "Just because my hands around your throat"?

If our theory on bullies is correct, maybe the male lover is saying "Stand up to this bully because I fucking said so" Perhaps this boyfriend of hers is abusive?
bullets_revenge
Killjoy
bullets_revenge
July 5th, 2007 at 01:49am
Fluffy Bunny of Doom:
I think this song is about true friendship
Getting through a trouble together
G has been quoted to say everyonw and then
"turn to your best friend and tell them'I fucking love you and would do anythiing for you'Then Hug them as tight as you can"
or something like that im not fully awake but yeah
It also talks about how friends help you get through the tough times
"Take my fucking hand and never be afraid again"
they are telling you not to be afraid..that they are there for you no matter what
i seem to think of Frankl and Gerard ALOT when i listen to this song...

I see I'm not the only one that thought that. I seem to think of my best friends ALOT when I hear this song. How I would do almost Embarassed [I would never say anything, thought I would die for them if it was justifiyed.] anything for them. Embarassed
gerardislove
Fabulous Killjoy
gerardislove
July 9th, 2007 at 03:11am
i think part of it's about sticking up for yourself.
blazing_six-guns
Killjoy
blazing_six-guns
July 9th, 2007 at 04:52am
mcrxfireatwillx:
a theory about laceration gravity.....

laceration means rough or jagged
gravity is a force of attraction

laceration gravity may mean.........

an attraction between two people but the relationship is torn in a way based on the actions of others.

a relationship that is rough around the edges

the song says we'll solve the mystery of laceration gravity.........
that might be reffering to a relationship in the way of them wanting to be together but something is holding them back.
the want to solve the mystery of how to be together even though the relationship is being held back.
INowPronounceYouDead
Thinking Happy Thoughts
INowPronounceYouDead
July 10th, 2007 at 01:00am
Laceration..a jagged cut or wound...
for laceration I got pretty much the same answer for every definition

Gravity...
1. the force of attraction by which terrestrial bodies tend to fall toward the center of the earth.
2. heaviness or weight.
3. gravitation in general.
4. acceleration of gravity.
5. a unit of acceleration equal to the acceleration of gravity. Symbol: g
6. serious or critical nature: He seemed to ignore the gravity of his illness.
7. serious or dignified behavior; dignity; solemnity: to preserve one's gravity.
8. lowness in pitch, as of sounds.

So either theres a tear in gravity(general)
OR
theres a jagged wound left in someones dignity maybe.. makes the most sense to me=/
MC-Romance
Killjoy
MC-Romance
July 23rd, 2007 at 11:59am
Very Happy

I didn't really like this song in the beginning, but when I have analysed it, I loved it.
It's one of MCR best songs Very Happy
dear matthew
Joining The Black Parade
dear matthew
July 23rd, 2007 at 02:52pm
MyChemW!Y:
Laceration..a jagged cut or wound...
for laceration I got pretty much the same answer for every definition

Gravity...
1. the force of attraction by which terrestrial bodies tend to fall toward the center of the earth.
2. heaviness or weight.
3. gravitation in general.
4. acceleration of gravity.
5. a unit of acceleration equal to the acceleration of gravity. Symbol: g
6. serious or critical nature: He seemed to ignore the gravity of his illness.
7. serious or dignified behavior; dignity; solemnity: to preserve one's gravity.
8. lowness in pitch, as of sounds.

So either theres a tear in gravity(general)
OR
theres a jagged wound left in someones dignity maybe.. makes the most sense to me=/

perhaps that maybee its about love, and how sometimes people can lie and are all like "i love you!" and don't understand the concept, and in the end one of them could really love each other and it leaves a terrible mark in my dignity. i had it happen to me a couple of times but my last was far the worst, i accociated that with this song.
my.gerard.romance...
Killjoy
my.gerard.romance...
August 5th, 2007 at 11:53pm
Its probably about somone thats being picked on all the time so another person tells them not to take any more shit from them (stand up fucking tall don't let them see your back).
Demolition Lover.
Killjoy
Demolition Lover.
August 12th, 2007 at 05:46am
It's about gerard having a friend that has a bully on him/her and he wants to put it all to an end and i think gerard was explaining this song's meaning when he said:
"Just grab that person by the throat and say 'LISTEN TO ME,ID' DIE FOR YOU'!
something like that.
Sweet.Sorrow
Motor Baby
Sweet.Sorrow
August 21st, 2007 at 07:49am
Okay. This is my theory. Sorry, it's long.

We could be perfect one last night,
And die like star crossed lovers when we fight,
We can settle this affair,
If you could shed your yellow take my hand,

I think it's talking about a couple that felt perfect together, they make each other happy - hence: they could be perfect one last night, but they had enemies (bullies probably) that were dangerous, hence: Dying when they fight. The girl doesn't want to face them, because she's scared or maybe because she thinks the guy is overreacting, but the guy wants to fight even if it kills him, hence: shed your yellow, take my hand.
I think the guy in this song is pretty dramatic and obssesed with revenge (*cough* Gerard *cough* lol)

And then we'll solve the mystery of laceration gravity
This riddle of revenge please understand it has to be this way and

I'm not quite sure.. But I'm guessing that laceration gravity would mean the things that have hurt them, and the guy is trying to make the girl believe that they have to take revenge.

Stand up fucking tall
Don't let them see your back
Take my fucking hand
and never be afraid again

That part pretty much is saying that he'll be there for her when she's scared. He's trying to make her stand up for herself still. It makes you think that he's a good guy.

We've only got one chance to put this at an end
and cross the patron saint of switchblade fights

So again, a dramatic name for the people that hurt them, and saying that they only have one chance because they are probably going to die.

You said we're not celebrities, we spark and fade, they die by three
I'll make you understand and you can trade me for an apparition
Trust, you said
Who put the words in your head
Oh how wrong we were to think
That immortality meant never dying

I think he's saying that celebrities last forever. So I think he's saying that by doing what they're going to do, their plans for revenge, they will become celebrities and go on forever, but she say's they'll just spark and fade, They also talk about the girl saying, have trust, as in that things will work themselves out, we don't have to do anything, and him telling her that its stupid and they have to fix the problem themselves.
I think the line: I'll make you understand and you can trade me for an apparition, might mean that when he tells her the plans she might want to kill him.

Just because my hands around your throat!

Well I think that sort of makes you realise that this is probably not a very good guy. He's kind of forcing her to take revenge with him (which is probably something pretty horrible).

I love this song, by the way, and usually don't think about what it means.
The chorus has a good message, at least. This is only my view of the song and it might be totally stupid.
I can just see Gerard reading these and laughing at me.
lol.
my_chem_xoxo
Killjoy
my_chem_xoxo
August 23rd, 2007 at 09:03pm
i belive this song is about true friends. there are many people who have a ton of friends but they are not very close and there are people with there few friends that they can go to for everything. and the song is about having a friend who could care less if you are rich or poor or populer or an outsider you can go to them for anything and trust them. and that is a true friend.
little birds.
Salute You in Your Grave
little birds.
November 14th, 2007 at 10:48pm
My favourite song!! Very Happy

How wrong we were to think that immortality meant never dying:
I think this means that if you stand up for what you believe and who you are, and you make a difference, then after you're dead you will be remembered, and your memory is still alive, even though you are dead. Therefore your memory and your soul are immortal, and even after you're dead, something from you still remains.
alixdflame
Killjoy
alixdflame
November 28th, 2007 at 08:14am
ive thoguht about the quote "oh how wrong we were to think that immortality meant never ding" i have a bluryy idea of wat it could be, can any ppl enlighten with different ideas??

thanx!!! Clap
MrsxGeexWayx
Killjoy
MrsxGeexWayx
November 29th, 2007 at 12:28am
i think its about friendship as well
Helmee Bluth
In The Murder Scene
Helmee Bluth
January 1st, 2008 at 09:55pm
"Take my fucking hand and never.trust.you said.who put the words in your head." That line could mean never trust who put the words in your head (meaning the angry words of the whole song), or: who put the words in your head to never trust? Or maybe the words are "Oh how wrong we were to think.that immortality meant never dying", and he's saying to never trust who put those words in your head.