Don't have an account? Create one!

Cloning

AuthorMessage
jedicam10
Fabulous Killjoy
jedicam10
March 6th, 2007 at 09:33pm
I find no problem with cloning. I havn't run into a problem yet. Human cloning is understandible why people disagree but i think Human cloning in unnecessary
Human Wreckage xx
Really Not Okay
Human Wreckage xx
March 10th, 2007 at 10:36pm
cloning is pointless....end of story.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
March 10th, 2007 at 10:37pm
^Not really. Cloning organs can save people's lives.
mcr_lover_duvna
Killjoy
mcr_lover_duvna
March 10th, 2007 at 10:39pm
Cloning organs would be a great thing, it would cut transplant waiting lists and could save a lot of people lives. People who want children through cloning shouldnt be allowed, i dont think manipulating cells to get "the perfect child" should ever be legal.
jedicam10
Fabulous Killjoy
jedicam10
March 13th, 2007 at 12:29am
/\ It makes humans seem less important. If we have a bad child, get rid of it and clone one. Make it just like you becuase s/he is you! I dont like it one bit.
YourStarlessEyes
Killjoy
YourStarlessEyes
March 25th, 2007 at 09:11pm
Wow, I don't watch the news often, I didn't know you can actually clone. I don't have a great opinion on the whole subject, the only thing I can say is I am against cloning anything.
Morning Stars.
Salute You in Your Grave
Morning Stars.
May 2nd, 2007 at 07:08am
Seriously how is cloning bad? i mean u could have a whole bunch of people like u ,, i dnt think thts such a good thing but its good 2 kno tht we can do it
amye!
Salute You in Your Grave
amye!
May 2nd, 2007 at 06:38pm
^ There are a lot of issues with cloning.

We could start to take the "better" parts of people and combine them, making superhumans. How would you like it if you couldn't get a job because someone-who isn't even a real person- is smarter and more efficient? Or, if human athletes became unnecessary because superstrong clones were made to win the Olympics. Even individual clones of professional athletes or geniuses could put people out of jobs and basically make humans redundant. A clone starts out as a baby, which is one thing a lot of people don't understand. If there are clones of famous or effective people stuck into one generation, what's going to happen to the real people? A clone of Sidney Crosby isn't going to grow and die with Sidney Crosby. A clone of Sidney Crosby made today would be playing pro hockey in eighteen years. That would take the spot of a human who had the talent and wanted to play hockey for a living. Hitler tried to make a superior race- the Arian race- and that's basically what we'd be doing, eventually; creating a superior race.

However, I think cloning organs and tissue for medical reasons is acceptable and should be done. If we have the power to improve human life, we should definitely do it.

Golden Cat
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Golden Cat
May 2nd, 2007 at 10:17pm
bloodredruby69:

But what about cloning animals for the slaughter? To make more food for the ever rising number of humans?

To be honest, I would never want to eat a cloned animal. There's a lot of things that could be wrong with it and it's just weird.