Don't have an account? Create one!

Poor mikey!

AuthorMessage
Rachelle_5
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Rachelle_5
January 8th, 2007 at 09:44pm
suica:
Well in the Black parade booklet of the special limited version....Gerarsd talks about it.... I don't have it...but I know someone who does...Well here is what Gerard said about it in the booklet:

"As soon as you stepped in, you got a "Shining" vibe. (Talking about the paramour where they all live to write TBP) Right away it felt like this place was going to consume you and eventually it would. There were so many hallways that seemed to lead somewhere very dark, stairways that led to places that were very cold. The whole place was cold. The whole place seemed haunted. We figured this would work for us.

We all drew numbers to see who got which room and it almost seemed like the house chose which one we got, because each room seemed to fit each guy. Except Mikey. His room was terrifying to be in and I couldn't exactly tell you why... it just had a bad vibe to it.Now comes one of the hardest parts.

I'm not going into too much detail about what happened and perhaps I never will. But there comes a time when you need to be much more than a friend, a band mate, or a brother. You have to learn to be there for each other in ways you never knew existed, face things you never had to face together.

Mental illness has always been an issue this band has dealt with, but it's something we've taken head on. Something we've always beaten. But this time depression hit one of us in a very severe way, and there was no shaking it off.

Someone needed help. Someone needed to leave the house.

It was the first time we tried to make music together while we were incomplete. It was paralyzing. Then the house consumed us.

We walked around like zombies, not creating, not showering, not living. Some never left their rooms. I left my pajama pants on for a week once, constantly fighting back the urge to just walk into the swimming pool and stand at the bottom until I couldn't breathe. I would yell "I'm just gonna walk into that fucking swimming pool one day!" We were all losing it. We had decided that we didn't want to videotape any of the writing process and at this point we were glad we didn't tape anything.

We looked like ghosts and we haunted the house."

Men....it gives me creeps Cry So Mikey left the house and gone living with a friend elsewhere for a while....Fortunatly he came back and stay in the band!

That's scary. Being creeped out 24/7 get the best of him. I don't think I could stay in that house for a minute. They were brave for even staying in it at all.
CakePlease.
Motor Baby
CakePlease.
January 10th, 2007 at 10:33am
GiveThemBlood101:
well i truly feel for Mikey, because i have been depressed and am still recovering... it's a hard thing to go through. it's like that feeling you get after you get punched in the stomach, where you can't breathe, but all the time - well, not literally but thats how it feels on your mind. my friends and some kind of meltdown in my living room (read profile for more) helped me recover... anyway, it's over and mikey's mikey again, so everything is okay now... or is it?????

I know hes feeling alot better but he is still taking anti-depresents.
Balthazar
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Balthazar
January 10th, 2007 at 01:58pm
Thats just creepy.
I knew the band hated being in the house and stuff but that was new news to me.
Poor mikey. If he left i jst wouldn't be MCR without him.
Zaraza
Bleeding on the Floor
Zaraza
January 11th, 2007 at 12:02pm
OMG I didn't know this...
But in interviews and stuff, I always noticed that Mikey was... quiet. Different kind of quiet. He seemed so depressed, it looked like he was just going to walk out or something...
I always thought that was kinda weird, so I guess that's why.
I only remember Mikey smiling one time in an interview after WTTBP. Kinda creeped me out... I'm worried. It's probably over now, but I'm still worried.
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
January 11th, 2007 at 04:35pm
^He's fine now. Smile In a magazine article, he said "I'm on the top of the world now. I really am. " It made me smile so much when I read that. But anyway, he's fine now. It's just so inspirational knowing what he's been through.
run.to.the.hills
Jazz Hands
run.to.the.hills
January 12th, 2007 at 07:18pm
Yeah, but I mean, if Mikey hadn't gotten better, and if he HAD left the band, what coulda happened ? Cause MCR could have broken up or something, and that woulda have been HORRIBLE. MCR is like, my anti-drug. They've saved me from so much. But yeah, I guess I'm just saying to hear that Mikey is better.
an_ni
Jazz Hands
an_ni
January 13th, 2007 at 12:44pm
but luckily mikey was strong Smile
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
January 19th, 2007 at 10:45pm
anniena:
but luckily mikey was strong Smile

yeah good thing just think if he wasnt(psttt like thats gonna happen)!dont wanna think about it now!
PrinceArthur.
Always Born a Crime
PrinceArthur.
January 20th, 2007 at 04:39am
I dont know how Mikey could have coped in that house!
I get depressed when i go into the haunted places in Liverpool!
But it's ok because he has Alicia and his big brother to take care of him!
I have older sisters and they take care of me when im depressed and vice versa!
I hope he feels a lot better now!
Lottie XXX
Tragic.
Banned
Tragic.
January 28th, 2007 at 09:03pm
mikey slept with gerard when he got nightmares at the house.
=S
i want pumpkin pie
Jazz Hands
i want pumpkin pie
January 28th, 2007 at 10:06pm
poor mikey.......