Don't have an account? Create one!

The Official Big Day Out Thread

AuthorMessage
leeshy
Jazz Hands
leeshy
January 21st, 2007 at 06:35pm
Where are the signing tents? I cant see them on the map cos i definantly want to meet them
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
January 21st, 2007 at 06:42pm
They usually only have signings at one BDO, not all of them
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
January 21st, 2007 at 07:29pm
We just bought FRAMES for our MCR autographs today. XD
dsfhsdufyhdsfu. I still can't believe it actually happened.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
January 21st, 2007 at 07:46pm
Setlist anybody? Curiosity is killing me.
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
January 21st, 2007 at 07:50pm
Hmm, well at the NZ BDO they played The End, Dead, This Is How I Dissapear, Prison, and then I can't remember the order after that but they also played, I'm Not Okay, Helena, WTTBP, FLW, Thank You For The Venom, Mama, Cancer and Teenagers. I think.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
January 21st, 2007 at 08:06pm
Haha, I have a song off each album that I'm hoping they'll play, two of those three aren't there. I pretty much didn't expect them to be BDO sorts of songs anyway, so maybe side show. Not to worry, that's still pretty damn awesome. Thanks heaps!
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
January 21st, 2007 at 08:09pm
No problem. Yeah, they didn't play any Bullets songs at BDO. I was hoping they'd do Our Lady Of Sorrows, but it was breath taking either way.
thexcoffinxisxlocked
Killjoy
thexcoffinxisxlocked
January 22nd, 2007 at 02:07am
damn you guys are sooooo lucky!! i wish i could see them. anyone have picts??
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
January 22nd, 2007 at 05:02am
Dirt-y:

=D
I didn't get their signatures though. Sorry, I remeber I was going to try get some for you too.
But I couldn't i'm so sorry!

It's okay. Don't worry about it. =)
My cousin said she might try to get me signatures.
---------
Bleeding on the Floor
---------
January 22nd, 2007 at 05:49am
Hana High-Pants:
Whos going to Adelaidee bdooo?
Very Happy

I am!!
Quinn.
Bleeding on the Floor
Quinn.
January 22nd, 2007 at 06:32am
how can they abandon all the bullets material?? if they dont sing any bullet stuff..im gonna start a chant.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
January 22nd, 2007 at 06:53am
Our Lady of Sorrows is also on my list of 3 songs I would die to hear! Maybe they'll leave Bullets for the sideshows? Bands seem to play more current stuff at festivals. Surely they couldn't get through a whole sideshow with hardcore fans and not play one Bullets song. I was surprised that there was nothing on there, but I guess they're still in promo-stage for the new album, too.
Nikki has issues.
Salute You in Your Grave
Nikki has issues.
January 22nd, 2007 at 07:11am
Asha Molly:
Yeah, at the 2001 BDO in Sydney.
This girl was like right at the front while Limp Bizkit were on, and the crowd surged and she got crushed & died.
And Grinspoon played at her funeral because they were one of her favourite bands ^^,
After that they had a complete review type thing of all the security measures and all that shizz, and now they have the D-Barriers at the main stages, which basically divide the crowd and allow security/medical people easier access to the crowd and any people in trouble.
The incident happened on Australia Day, then three days later the girl died in hospital in the morning from the injuries she had suffered from. There was a BDO on that day and the BDO organisers decided to have one minute's silence that night. This was halfway through Powderfinger's set, so they stopped playing and told the crowd what was happening and Bernard Fanning said everyone was still really quiet after while they were playing 'These Days'.

Also, apparently Limp Bizkit's management requested specific barriers, but the BDO didn't set them up because of safety concerns about the type of barriers requested. I think they were called 'T-barriers' and BDO said they would restrict movement on the oval and in an emergency situation the barriers would be in the way.
I'm so dirty babe
Salute You in Your Grave
I'm so dirty babe
January 22nd, 2007 at 07:55am
Limp Bizkits were just wankers about the whole thing. the security asked them to stop playing because of what was happening in the crowd and they just didn't do anything.

And instead of trying to rebulid what had happen say sorry or that, they just left the country and left it to everyone else to fix things.
no matter who you are or how famous you are, you just don't do that
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
January 22nd, 2007 at 07:10pm
Nikki has issues.:

Also, apparently Limp Bizkit's management requested specific barriers, but the BDO didn't set them up because of safety concerns about the type of barriers requested. I think they were called 'T-barriers' and BDO said they would restrict movement on the oval and in an emergency situation the barriers would be in the way.[/size]

They didn't request them before the BDO started though. The BDO had already started, and then they requested the barrier.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
January 22nd, 2007 at 07:19pm
So, has anybody got anything to say about the other bands???

Has anybody seen Tool?
Or Jet?

Or Macromantics?
I really doubt anybody would have gone to see her though.

& OMGZ SNEAKY SOUND SYSTEM!!!!!!!!
-spazzes-
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
January 22nd, 2007 at 08:14pm
I'd love to know what Trivium have been like at BDO. I'm not gonna get to see them at BDO cause it would mean missing out on barrier for My Chem, so I'll just wait until the sideshow to see them. Ooh, and Sick Puppies, too, how are they live? Them I'll definitely see.
Total Phreek
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Total Phreek
January 24th, 2007 at 12:07am

Heya! I live in New Zealand, but i didn't go to the BDO (to expensive =[ ) but i wondered if Frank played the BDO NZ, is (or has) he played any of the BDO in Aussie? I just wondered, so if anyone could answer i will love you forever!
Total Phreek
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Total Phreek
January 24th, 2007 at 12:12am
Nikki has issues.:
Asha Molly::
Yeah, at the 2001 BDO in Sydney.
This girl was like right at the front while Limp Bizkit were on, and the crowd surged and she got crushed & died.
And Grinspoon played at her funeral because they were one of her favourite bands ^^,
After that they had a complete review type thing of all the security measures and all that shizz, and now they have the D-Barriers at the main stages, which basically divide the crowd and allow security/medical people easier access to the crowd and any people in trouble.

The incident happened on Australia Day, then three days later the girl died in hospital in the morning from the injuries she had suffered from. There was a BDO on that day and the BDO organisers decided to have one minute's silence that night. This was halfway through Powderfinger's set, so they stopped playing and told the crowd what was happening and Bernard Fanning said everyone was still really quiet after while they were playing 'These Days'.

Also, apparently Limp Bizkit's management requested specific barriers, but the BDO didn't set them up because of safety concerns about the type of barriers requested. I think they were called 'T-barriers' and BDO said they would restrict movement on the oval and in an emergency situation the barriers would be in the way.

Wow, i never knew that, I can't believe she died! Wow...
Cross Sorrows
Salute You in Your Grave
Cross Sorrows
January 24th, 2007 at 12:29am
Total Phreek:

Heya! I live in New Zealand, but i didn't go to the BDO (to expensive =[ ) but i wondered if Frank played the BDO NZ, is (or has) he played any of the BDO in Aussie? I just wondered, so if anyone could answer i will love you forever!

Nah, he hasn't played any shows yet. There's still a chance he'll get to Melbourne but I don't have my hopes up that high.
I really want to see Frank play with his band, but there's a rumor that the entire band will come back for an Aus/NZ tour later this year.