Don't have an account? Create one!

The Official Big Day Out Thread

AuthorMessage
Toothy
Salute You in Your Grave
Toothy
January 27th, 2007 at 07:03pm
narrator.:
It makes me sad that Tool were bullying MCR on the BDO tour.
And so did a few of the other bands.

Sad

What? Where did you hear that?
lana del rey.
Demolition Lover
lana del rey.
January 27th, 2007 at 07:05pm
They were talking about it at their sideshow the next night.
john bonham.
Bulletproof Heart
john bonham.
January 27th, 2007 at 07:08pm
narrator.:

Sad

For real?
...Buttheads. >.>
lana del rey.
Demolition Lover
lana del rey.
January 27th, 2007 at 07:11pm
Rosetta Stoned.:

For real?
...Buttheads. >.>

-nods-
And it's sad because I love Tool, and I love MCR.
And it was great fantasising in my mind that they could all get along together quite nicely.

Man how naieve am I?
john bonham.
Bulletproof Heart
john bonham.
January 27th, 2007 at 07:13pm
narrator.:
-nods-
And it's sad because I love Tool, and I love MCR.
And it was great fantasising in my mind that they could all get along together quite nicely.

Man how naieve am I?

Same here. -sigh-
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
January 27th, 2007 at 07:32pm
So uh, I saw this band at BDO (NZ). They played on the green stage somewhere between 10-30 and 1 and their singer climbed the railing and looked kind of like Adam Lazzara. Anyone know who they are? 'Cause they were really good, but I don't know their name. "/
MedicateYourLife
Shotgun Sinner
MedicateYourLife
January 27th, 2007 at 11:53pm
^ Band's playing on the green stage between 10-30 & 1

Shaky Hands 11-45 till 12-15
DIE!DIE!DIE! 12-45 till 1-15

anyhelp?
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
January 28th, 2007 at 12:49am
Thanks. It must've been Shaky Hands. I remember my ears nearly bleeding when DIE!DIE!DIE! played. They were horrible. "/
MedicateYourLife
Shotgun Sinner
MedicateYourLife
January 28th, 2007 at 12:55am
Lol!
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
January 28th, 2007 at 01:05am
Seriously, they really sucked. And their goddamned speakers were turned up so fucking loud. "/
Amy;;
Salute You in Your Grave
Amy;;
January 28th, 2007 at 02:54am
Dirt-y:
OMFG! the last Bob one is so awesome.

&& in the video The one when Ray waves at you...Bob does his eye thingy to me. Oh yeah I see your jealousy.

Oh yeah, I forgot Bob did that eye thing to you in that video.
Too bad I didnt get him running out to hug you.
Amy;;
Salute You in Your Grave
Amy;;
January 28th, 2007 at 02:57am
narrator.:

Sad

They are probably just jealous of how succesful MCR are.
hip like badass
Motor Baby
hip like badass
January 28th, 2007 at 02:58am
Was anyone else INSANELY pissed off at the Sounds Signing tent in NZ? I SPRINTED from the front of the D Barrier to the singing tent after MCR's set to wait in line for signings only to find out an hour later that people who didn't even look like they were in the line got the tickets and my friend and I had missed out. This is after I waited for an hour at the tent to get a signing card which MY Sounds didn't seel in Tauranga and the angry guard told me to line up but really I could have just walked in there and bought one.....when all I wanted at that time was a freaking trumpet. Sad At least I walked away that day with Ray's sweaty towel and some ok quality shots of Gee in the tent..
MedicateYourLife
Shotgun Sinner
MedicateYourLife
January 28th, 2007 at 03:00am
Amy;;:
Dirt-y:
OMFG! the last Bob one is so awesome.

&& in the video The one when Ray waves at you...Bob does his eye thingy to me. Oh yeah I see your jealousy.

Oh yeah, I forgot Bob did that eye thing to you in that video.
Too bad I didnt get him running out to hug you.

ahh...<3Bob'sHug.
MedicateYourLife
Shotgun Sinner
MedicateYourLife
January 28th, 2007 at 03:01am
Jadore:
Was anyone else INSANELY pissed off at the Sounds Signing tent in NZ? I SPRINTED from the front of the D Barrier to the singing tent after MCR's set to wait in line for signings only to find out an hour later that people who didn't even look like they were in the line got the tickets and my friend and I had missed out. This is after I waited for an hour at the tent to get a signing card which MY Sounds didn't seel in Tauranga and the angry guard told me to line up but really I could have just walked in there and bought one.....when all I wanted at that time was a freaking trumpet. Sad At least I walked away that day with Ray's sweaty towel and some ok quality shots of Gee in the tent..

I didn't get in, I wasn't too pissed. I found a spot near the front and took pic's/video's of them, and then Bob ran out to hug me. <333

RAY'S TOWEL?

lucky
Amy;;
Salute You in Your Grave
Amy;;
January 28th, 2007 at 03:03am
Jadore:

You got Rays towel? He kept wiping his face with it when I met him.
Im about to upload a video of him using the towel as well lol.

Yeah, It was so annoying in the line. I went from right at the front while they were playing,
straight over to the Sounds tent (Buying a V drink on the way)
got there and was immediatly surrounded by hundreds of people.
It was just as bad as the mosh pit. I couldnt move AT ALL. Or even breath at some stages.
Talked to some really cool people though (I was by myself.)
And this random guy about 25-ish looked after me and this other young girl lol.
I did get a ticket though. A girl was giving them out about 2-3 people away from me.
Im sorry you didnt get to meet them =[
hip like badass
Motor Baby
hip like badass
January 28th, 2007 at 03:03am
Yeah....he seemed to be quite sweaty...after I realised I wasn't getting in I dragged my friend up to the barrier and stayed until after they left when a fat man was throwing all the stuff they used (pump bottles, vivids, towels etc) to the crowd...I got Ray's towel...it has a grime mark on it <333333333333333333
Amy;;
Salute You in Your Grave
Amy;;
January 28th, 2007 at 03:04am
Dirt-y:

ahh...<3Bob'sHug.
I'm uploading the video now, so I can brag about how Ray waved to me,
and how Bob hugged you, and did the cool eye thing. lol.
Amy;;
Salute You in Your Grave
Amy;;
January 28th, 2007 at 03:05am
Jadore:
Yeah....he seemed to be quite sweaty...after I realised I wasn't getting in I dragged my friend up to the barrier and stayed until after they left when a fat man was throwing all the stuff they used (pump bottles, vivids, towels etc) to the crowd...I got Ray's towel...it has a grime mark on it <333333333333333333

When I met him, he wiped his face before he said hello and he was like "Man its so hot, isnt it?" to Gerard.

Im pretty sure his sweat looked white
Neutral
hip like badass
Motor Baby
hip like badass
January 28th, 2007 at 03:07am
Yeeeah I'm sorry too...but I'm sort of glad in a way because watching Gee and them from where I was in the crowd was better in a way..I wouldn't know what to say to them or anything and at one point I saw Gee give some kid the evils as he walked past so yeah...I also gave the security guard some glitter pens to give to them after someone gave them Candyland ^_^