Don't have an account? Create one!

The Official Big Day Out Thread

AuthorMessage
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
January 24th, 2007 at 12:31am
Total Phreek:

Heya! I live in New Zealand, but i didn't go to the BDO (to expensive =[ ) but i wondered if Frank played the BDO NZ, is (or has) he played any of the BDO in Aussie? I just wondered, so if anyone could answer i will love you forever!
He wasn't at the NZ BDO, and from what I know, he hasn't been at any of the Australian dates either. He's still not allowed to fly.

It's funny though, the replacement guitarist, Todd, could pretty much be Frank's twin. A lot of people thought it was Frank. XD
Cross Sorrows
Salute You in Your Grave
Cross Sorrows
January 24th, 2007 at 12:38am
Or maybe Frank is there and they just couldn't see him properly coz he's too short...

Razz
Amy;;
Salute You in Your Grave
Amy;;
January 24th, 2007 at 01:50am
resolute urgency.:
He wasn't at the NZ BDO, and from what I know, he hasn't been at any of the Australian dates either. He's still not allowed to fly.

It's funny though, the replacement guitarist, Todd, could pretty much be Frank's twin. A lot of people thought it was Frank. XD

I know! When I saw Todd standing in that bit beside the stage, about 20 minutes before they started playing I was like
"Omg, he did make it!"
But then he turned around properly... And it wasnt frank.
They do look very similar.

Is anyone else a little dissapointed they werent in their Black Parade suit things?
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
January 24th, 2007 at 02:21am
Amy;;:
I know! When I saw Todd standing in that bit beside the stage, about 20 minutes before they started playing I was like
"Omg, he did make it!"
But then he turned around properly... And it wasnt frank.
They do look very similar.

Is anyone else a little dissapointed they werent in their Black Parade suit things?
I DID EXACTLY THE SAME THING. XD
I was like "DAD, FRANK IS HERE!!@#@43243@!@@#" but it wasn't him. :c

Eh, I kind of was. But it was kind of impossible really, Todd would've been too tall for Frank's suit. Lawl.
Cross Sorrows
Salute You in Your Grave
Cross Sorrows
January 24th, 2007 at 09:05pm
Dude... It's only 3 days away... MCR in Melbourne... The Black Parade... ::giggle::

No. No I did not just giggle. I'm just excited is all...
lol
Toothy
Salute You in Your Grave
Toothy
January 24th, 2007 at 11:40pm
Thisis a question for all the people who have gone to the big day out shows...

What sort of reception did Mcr get? And were there many people there during their slot?.
Because I've been hearing bad things from the big day out site. But that just might be the stupid tool fans on the message board, Im not sure. They keep slagging off MCR.
Toothy
Salute You in Your Grave
Toothy
January 24th, 2007 at 11:40pm
It enrages me
john bonham.
Bulletproof Heart
john bonham.
January 24th, 2007 at 11:58pm
How dare you call Tool fans stupid. That is all.
Toothy
Salute You in Your Grave
Toothy
January 25th, 2007 at 12:04am
Rosetta Stoned.:
How dare you call Tool fans stupid. That is all.

No,No. I didn't mean that Tool fans are stupid! Im sorry to have offended anyone.
I meant to say that the Tools fans on the Big Day Out site that were dissing my chem are stupid!. Well it actualy wasnt just Tool fans.
Ok so I wil rephrase that.

"The stupid people on the big day out stire that were dissing mcr"
john bonham.
Bulletproof Heart
john bonham.
January 25th, 2007 at 12:23am
Hmmm, that's not right, but they probably think they're too hardcore and metal for My Chemical Romance. Rolling Eyes Gah, I hate that.
Toothy
Salute You in Your Grave
Toothy
January 25th, 2007 at 12:28am
Rosetta Stoned.:
Hmmm, that's not right, but they probably think they're too hardcore and metal for My Chemical Romance. Rolling Eyes Gah, I hate that.

Yeh, thats the vibe I'vre been getting from the big day out site and other bands fans. They've all been dissing mcr. I don't want mcr to be treated badly.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
January 25th, 2007 at 12:29am
I hate anyone who slags off other bands. Period. Even if I don't like the band they're having a go at it gets to me. If you can't respect that their music means a lot to some other people enouugh to shut the hell up you're a very sad person indeed.
Toothy
Salute You in Your Grave
Toothy
January 25th, 2007 at 12:40am
xRhiannonx:
I hate anyone who slags off other bands. Period. Even if I don't like the band they're having a go at it gets to me. If you can't respect that their music means a lot to some other people enouugh to shut the hell up you're a very sad person indeed.

Amen to that
(Ps: I hope I didn't slag off any bands in the process of that, If I did, I didn't mean to. Tool is great Im sure. Its just the people on that message board)
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
January 25th, 2007 at 01:50am
Uh, get it back on topic. =)
Toothy
Salute You in Your Grave
Toothy
January 25th, 2007 at 02:06am
Yay Big Day Out.
Boo no signing in Perth.
Boo daylight
Yay MCR
Yay stalking.
Get Well Frank
Quinn.
Bleeding on the Floor
Quinn.
January 25th, 2007 at 02:15am
big day out sydney.

no frank.

but amazing performance from the guys.

i miss frank. todd lacks his hypo energy.

stuff chucked at the band and gerard. he dodges, just laughs it off, winks at the person who threw it and starts rubbing his *ahem*. haha

it was awesome. they didnt sing anything from bullets tho. that was a real shame. i screamed out "sing a bullets song", dont think they heard me. lol
M the dinosaur
Bulletproof Heart
M the dinosaur
January 25th, 2007 at 03:27am
iiiiiii meeeeeeeeet mmmmmmmcccccccccccccrrrrrrrrrrrr minus frank the poor wee thing
NEVER FEAR...the time will come when i can stalk him properly
Toothy
Salute You in Your Grave
Toothy
January 25th, 2007 at 05:10am
dead emily:
iiiiiii meeeeeeeeet mmmmmmmcccccccccccccrrrrrrrrrrrr minus frank the poor wee thing
NEVER FEAR...the time will come when i can stalk him properly

Baha!
Do tell us of this meeting
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
January 25th, 2007 at 05:29am
awww no frank? That means no frank at Luna Park tomorrow. *extreme disappointment* So who's this todd guy? He better be good enough to replace Frank or else...i dunno...it's...it's INCOMPLETE!!!
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
January 25th, 2007 at 08:23am
*squeeeee* 2 days, until the Melb one, I'm excited.