05/08/2007 - Worcester, MA - DCU Center

AuthorMessage
Spaceboy.
Bleeding on the Floor
Spaceboy.
May 9th, 2007 at 12:20am

Best show I've EVER been to.
No lie.
they have so much energy. the falling sparks were new. I wanted Gerard's mom's autograph.
Gerard has new dance moves.
Matt hung around and sulked in the back.
Frank spit on me.
ahhh god.
best quote ever.

"We're all weirdos up here!"

fucking hell, they are amazing.

pictures anyone? I'll get my friend to upload hers soon.

persona non grata
Killjoy
persona non grata
May 9th, 2007 at 12:27am
oh god was that show amazing?! i was waiting for gerard to kiss frankie, but he didn't. i was sad. but other than that, it was perfect. by far the best concert i've ever seen. i wish i had had backstage passes, but i'm still really happy with how it went. (i think i would have been speechless anyway, and looked like an idiot. which is something i definitely wouldn't want to do in front of those guys.) too bad mikey wasn't there, but i hope he's enjoying his break. Smile BEST SHOW EVER.
three_oh_three
Joining The Black Parade
three_oh_three
May 9th, 2007 at 12:27am
did they gerard say anything about worcester? like other bands have trouble pronouncing it and stuff. did anything liek that happen?
Frank Fresh Prince
Joining The Black Parade
Frank Fresh Prince
May 9th, 2007 at 03:39am
The concert was fucking amazing AND I got meet and greets! I love these guys.
hiphip hooray for me
Fabulous Killjoy
hiphip hooray for me
May 9th, 2007 at 12:36pm
so happy for you who went, can you give like detail about how the stage look, what they said during the show, how they acted and stuff like that, plz if it's not to much tiping.
kellyxoxo
Fabulous Killjoy
kellyxoxo
May 9th, 2007 at 12:38pm
does anyone know who the guy on the keyboard was? and me and my friend were trying to decide.. mikey didn't straighten his hair.. that WAS him playing bass right? haha stupid question I know.. he kept saying it didn't look like him though.

lol i met gerard's mom! she was walking past and we said hi Smile
David Cook.
Motor Baby
David Cook.
May 9th, 2007 at 01:23pm
zeely is a katana.:

Best show I've EVER been to.
No lie.
they have so much energy. the falling sparks were new. I wanted Gerard's mom's autograph.
Gerard has new dance moves.
Matt hung around and sulked in the back.
Frank spit on me.
ahhh god.
best quote ever.

"We're all weirdos up here!"

fucking hell, they are amazing.

pictures anyone? I'll get my friend to upload hers soon.

Yeah. The sparks were new. They didnt do that at the Hartford show. I have pictures, but they are spectacular. My friend has better ones, Ill steal borrow her memory card.
smile like a knife.
Joining The Black Parade
smile like a knife.
May 9th, 2007 at 02:31pm
kellyxoxo:
does anyone know who the guy on the keyboard was? and me and my friend were trying to decide.. mikey didn't straighten his hair.. that WAS him playing bass right? haha stupid question I know.. he kept saying it didn't look like him though.

The guy on the keyboard was James Dewees of Reggie and the Full Effect. And that wasn't Mikey, it was the guitar tech Matt Cortez filling in for him. (Does that answer your question about Mikey? I'm not sure if that's what you meant..)
smile like a knife.
Joining The Black Parade
smile like a knife.
May 9th, 2007 at 02:37pm
Cristi:
did they gerard say anything about worcester? like other bands have trouble pronouncing it and stuff. did anything liek that happen?

From what I remember he pronounced it right. I remember wondering the same thing last night and I was like "Yay!" when he said it right. He did the whole "Thank you, Worcester!" type thing. You know?
smile like a knife.
Joining The Black Parade
smile like a knife.
May 9th, 2007 at 02:45pm
That was, by far, the best show I have ever been too. MCR just get better and better every time I see them. Yeah, the sparks were cool. I wish they could have played "Heaven Help Us". Is it me or did they cut the Revenge set short? I remember there being more songs played in Manchester in February..

I was so disappointed that Muse couldn't play.. I don't like Circa Survive.. No offense if anyone's a fan of them.

If anyone has video of the show could you post it? On YouTube or something maybe? I wanted to take my camera but I didn't want to risk it getting taken away. And I was at the barrier and the security guy almost took my cell phone away cos I was taking pictures on it. (That's when I decided to put the phone away..) The pics and video came out shitty anyways.
spirit
Killjoy
spirit
May 9th, 2007 at 03:21pm
Sorry if anyone is a fan...but I thought Circa Survive was terrible. The sound was crap and where was the lighting? It seemed like they were playing in the dark most of the time. Maybe it's because they were a last minute booking.

I think I mentioned it earlier...it wasn't you..they cut a couple of songs from Revenge. Ghost of You and Fashion Statement. The second set went TOO FAST!

Worcester was so much better organized then Manchester.
smile like a knife.
Joining The Black Parade
smile like a knife.
May 9th, 2007 at 03:45pm
spirit:
Sorry if anyone is a fan...but I thought Circa Survive was terrible. The sound was crap and where was the lighting? It seemed like they were playing in the dark most of the time. Maybe it's because they were a last minute booking.

I think I mentioned it earlier...it wasn't you..they cut a couple of songs from Revenge. Ghost of You and Fashion Statement. The second set went TOO FAST!

Worcester was so much better organized then Manchester.

You're right about Circa Survive. The sound was terrible, like you couldn't hear the singer at all. And the lighting made it look like the singer was lip syncing.
Yeah, Worcester was way more organized (thank god). But the pit was crazier. I dunno if it's cos I was more to the center in Worcester and further to the side in Manchester..
spirit
Killjoy
spirit
May 9th, 2007 at 04:06pm
You're right about Circa Survive. The sound was terrible, like you couldn't hear the singer at all. And the lighting made it look like the singer was lip syncing.
Yeah, Worcester was way more organized (thank god). But the pit was crazier. I dunno if it's cos I was more to the center in Worcester and further to the side in Manchester..[/quote]

Oh...you were in the pit! The pit was F-U-L-L! I saw it surge a few times before MCR came on, it looked scary down there. You must have been dying, it was really hot in there, and I wasn't packed in between hundreds of people. Shocked
kellyxoxo
Fabulous Killjoy
kellyxoxo
May 9th, 2007 at 06:18pm
falloutofgrace:
kellyxoxo:

The guy on the keyboard was James Dewees of Reggie and the Full Effect. And that wasn't Mikey, it was the guitar tech Matt Cortez filling in for him. (Does that answer your question about Mikey? I'm not sure if that's what you meant..)

yes it did! thank you! Very Happy
so mikey wasn't there at all was he?
smile like a knife.
Joining The Black Parade
smile like a knife.
May 9th, 2007 at 06:25pm
kellyxoxo:
falloutofgrace:
kellyxoxo:

No, he wasn't. He's been on a break for a little while now. I heard he should be back for Projekt Revolution though. But this is being discussed elsewhere, or it has been. It was in the Rumours thread awhile back.
GeeWay9885
Banned
GeeWay9885
May 9th, 2007 at 06:32pm
Now I am reading all the good reviews that say it was the best show ever and I am sad!! Does anyone have pictures or videos that they can send me or something!?! Also how did they act on stage and what is some stuff that they Gerard said. I know he likes to add in a lot of funny or random stuff in between songs.I really wanted to see it but as I posted before, my sister just randomly cancelled! Ugh! I really wish I could have gone! I hope this Projekt Revolution thing is really good too because I only heard of it a couple days ago and I think I might be going to one of the Jersey ones!!
Pictures and Videos please!!!
smile like a knife.
Joining The Black Parade
smile like a knife.
May 9th, 2007 at 06:36pm
spirit:
falloutofgrace:
Yeah, Worcester was way more organized (thank god). But the pit was crazier. I dunno if it's cos I was more to the center in Worcester and further to the side in Manchester..

Oh...you were in the pit! The pit was F-U-L-L! I saw it surge a few times before MCR came on, it looked scary down there. You must have been dying, it was really hot in there, and I wasn't packed in between hundreds of people. Shocked

Oh my god. That was the craziest pit I have ever been in. It was crazy even before MCR came on. And no one liked Circa Survive anyway.. (Once again, I mean no offense to their fans.) Yeah, those surges aren't fun when you're pressed up against the barrier.. I have never been in such close physical contact with so many people at the same time. lol And it was fucking hot.. I went into the pit with 7 other people and even before MCR came on there was just 2 of us left. The others couldn't take it and went to the back. One of my friends actually fainted, it was pretty scary. (Dehydration and stuff, we'd been there all day and it was actually hot in Worcester yesterday.)
But I'm definitely not complaining. It was the best fucking show I've ever been to and totally worth it to be up close. (Although MCR shows are good from a distance too. At the back you can see everything, things I wouldn't have been able to see at the front.)
Spaceboy.
Bleeding on the Floor
Spaceboy.
May 9th, 2007 at 07:17pm

I know they cut the Revenge set a little shorter, but they DID play Thank You For the Venom.
that made my day, they didn't play that at Manchester or Hartford, and thats really one of my favorite songs.
Heaven Help Us would have been even better.

I won't mention any names [incase its one of you guys] but there was this total bitch in the pit.
i mean, my brother and I got in line at 5am and she comes prancing up at 6 in the evening and basically shoves her way through the crowd.
she didn't deserve a good spot and she was completely rude so we didn't let her in.
and yeah, the pit was rockier than manchester, but it was great.
Spaceboy.
Bleeding on the Floor
Spaceboy.
May 9th, 2007 at 07:30pm
notashav:
so happy for you who went, can you give like detail about how the stage look, what they said during the show, how they acted and stuff like that, plz if it's not to much tiping.

Gerard gave his 'talk to someone if you're suicidal." speech before Teenagers. said a few things about teen violence too, hurting people in schools, obviously from the V Tech. he said you should never use violence as an answer.
They were all really energetic, I didn't get to see much of Ray, though. Frank moved around a lot, crazy guitar acts. Gerard did his little hand-on-the-hip, showgirl parade.
The stage was smaller than Manchester. I don't think Bob had his rotating drum sets, did he? they had really good lights again. Confetti during Welcome to the Black Parade. [its still falling out of my hair] but no blimps. Fire too.

uh, lets see. The Revenge set. they changed back to their black clothes and stuff. Frank didn't roll around during I'm Not Okay, but he did spit on me. No Fashion Statement, which I missed.
Didn't they dedicate Give 'Em Hell, Kid to Kristin or somebody?

I have to go write an essay, I hope that was good enough for you.

kellyxoxo
Fabulous Killjoy
kellyxoxo
May 9th, 2007 at 08:02pm
falloutofgrace:
kellyxoxo:
falloutofgrace:
kellyxoxo:

No, he wasn't. He's been on a break for a little while now. I heard he should be back for Projekt Revolution though. But this is being discussed elsewhere, or it has been. It was in the Rumours thread awhile back.

oh goshh. i knew that wasnt him. well thank you for clearing that up =)
ahh i cant wait for Projekt Revolution