Don't have an account? Create one!

The Homeless.

AuthorMessage
Easy Mac
In The Murder Scene
Easy Mac
March 24th, 2007 at 01:04pm
There arent very many homeless people around here, but when I see homeless people I will give them something.

One time my friend and her cousin were sitting outside in the cold after a basketball game and some guy walked by them and threw a 50 cent coin at them because he thought they were homeless.
YourStarlessEyes
Killjoy
YourStarlessEyes
March 25th, 2007 at 08:54pm
I usually do not feel remorse for those who are middle aged. Thats because they probably got on the streets because of doing harmful things to their body, like smoking and drugs. I feel a little sad for teens, because they might be facing hardships. They might have ran away because of child abuse. The elderly should not live on the streets, they can't take care of themselves. If I saw a child on the streets, I would immediately help him or her. I think it is wrong for them to be living in such conditions. Then again, it is wrong for everyone. Please mail me with your opinion.
Dude...Potatoes
Salute You in Your Grave
Dude...Potatoes
March 25th, 2007 at 08:58pm
haha yeah tara i remember that omg it was sooooo funny. it was like 10 fucking below zero outside and all we had on were our sweatshirts. we sat out side of this tunnel all grafitied(sp?) for like an hour and some dumb shit thought we were homeless. either that or he just felt sorry for us lol...the reason we were waiting outside was we were waiting for our grandparents to pick us up. they told us to wait outside about 2 minutes before the game ended so we did and the game went into like double overtime so we were out there forever...speaking of homeless people i feel sorry for them and all cuz i gave one 5 bucks seeing that someone else was giving him something. he had these shopping carts full of stuff that he was trying to push up a hill and he got stuck. it was in the middle of a street. the people gave him a pizza they just got lol but yeah i wouldnt go up to one if it was in chicago or a place like that. i live in iowa so there arent that many homeless people around. they probably just go out and buy beer or something anyways if you do pay them lol
Chemical.T.Frank
Fabulous Killjoy
Chemical.T.Frank
March 26th, 2007 at 03:29am
how do you feel when you see someone without a home?
Damn I could be on his place in few years... It can happen to everyone.
how do you think people get to that point?
Some became homeless over night. Or one I know told me he has family but he is divorced and he decided to go on the streets. He seems happy. Well I can˙t describe it. It˙s just this pozitive thinking. He gives advices and is really easy to talk to.
how do you think they feel?
Different. Some are satisfied.Some are depresed.
is it really their fault that they are homeless?
Yes and no.
overall feelings on the homeless?
They can be such nice people. Some are way too rude if you don˙t give any money.
echo lawrence.
Jazz Hands
echo lawrence.
March 26th, 2007 at 01:18pm
Just as a forewarning, the space bar on this computer is horrible. Disregard my mistakes please. I try to catch them and correct them when I can, but I have a tendency to notlook at the screen as I type. :/

how do you feel when you see someone without a home?
I feel really bad and ashamed for taking mystatus for granted.My parents are quite affluent and sometimes I forget how lucky I am.
how do you think people get to that point?
I definitley don't think it's because they're lazy or whatever.A lot of homeless people have jobs that don't pay very well. Have you ever wondered about how people working at McDonalds or whatever--not teenagers getting a job to pad their college applications, but adults withchildren and spouses-- live? Probly not too well. A good book on this subject is Nickle and Dimed. It's really eye-opening.Some such low-wage jobs don't even let their employees use the bathroom.
how do you think they feel?
Think about it; put yourself in thatkind of situation. How would youfeel?
is it really their fault that they are homeless?
No.
overall feelings on the homeless?
That people should be more aware and helpful to their situation.
doctor.
In The Murder Scene
doctor.
April 6th, 2007 at 05:03pm
I always feel awful when I see a homeless person. Particulary the ones that look so humble when you walk past them. I don't know how or why they get there but whether it's their fault or not, should be irrelevant. They are still human beings. We all make mistakes and they don't deserve to be living in such appalling conditions.

When someone sees a homeless person, they don't give anything. When someone sees a homeless person with a dog, they give money for the sake of the dog. The fact most people do this, I find, is ridiculous. I am an animal-lover but I think humans need help before.

However, you can not give to everyone. Try walking down London Underground and giving to everyone. However much it breaks your heart to see them like that, you can't give to them all, you would use all your money before you got to your destination.

Only can I imagine how homeless people feel. It must be awful knowing that you can't sleep because, if you do, you could be raped or worse because, as we keep forgetting, being uncomfortable is the least of their worries.

I think homeless charities are the best idea. Then you know that the money you give is going towards finding them a shelter instead of feeding an addiction.
The Jack Of Spades.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Jack Of Spades.
April 12th, 2007 at 07:53am
Would you ever give them money?

Bearing in mind that they could buy anything with it.

Personally, I believe its no one's job to play god. A small donation won't hurt anyone, unless they look like they might take the rest of you're money while you fish out your wallet. Yes, it has happened.

As an example, I was walking with a friend and stopped to give some guy about four dollars. She was angry with me, saying he would only buy alchohol with it. It was my money, he needs to live too, and will steal or raise money for alcohol anyway, and if you are so concerned about the guy, why don't you do something. Like what, she says. Go buy him a burger or something if you are so concerned. Oh no, she says. Why?

Most people are far too lazy to do anything about things like this. Sure, feel the guilt. But for what purpose?
Disturbia
Salute You in Your Grave
Disturbia
April 12th, 2007 at 08:09am
I hate seeing homeless people on the streets but i dont give them money, i will buy somthing to give to rhem because if you give them money they can buy things like ciggerettes and stuff..
EMO_TEDDY
Jazz Hands
EMO_TEDDY
April 12th, 2007 at 12:13pm
well personaily u cant trust the people on the streets well not all of them anyway. ifsomeone asks me for money i get them a drink or something toeat instead cus u never know they might use them for drugs and sure i feel sorry for some of them cus some people got there by running away from a bad family or getting scared or and other things
RedRiot.
Salute You in Your Grave
RedRiot.
April 12th, 2007 at 12:53pm
I never really cared until we studdied it in R.E.
It then made me realise how hard life is and what they go through. I am abit torn on giving money to them as you don't know whether they will use it for positive or negative purpose.
In the UK we have an organisation called Big Issue which creates a magazine for homless people to sell, which I think it is a good idea as you know the money will help that purson in a positive way.
aymeelovesmychem
Joining The Black Parade
aymeelovesmychem
April 12th, 2007 at 12:56pm
Well i do know some people who have been homeless there teenagers and good people but seeing friends of mine on the streets or anyone for that matter breaks my heart.
I don't have a clue how people feel about being homeless ,scared and lonley i imagine . Im glad the people i knew who where on the streets where only on the streets for a few days . I always give what i can to the homeless,money,food and fags and i even buy their big issues if there selling .
I don't care what they do with the money i give them i just hate seeing people on the streets it upsets me .
Emilyy
Awake and Unafraid
Emilyy
April 12th, 2007 at 01:16pm
i do feel sympathy for them yeh...when im walking through town and the homeless dudes are like selling the big issue or whatever...i feel really bad saying no. yesterday i was walking through town and this guy asked me if i wanted to buy the big isue and i was like..no..sorry...walked off a few steps then the guilt got the better of me and i turned around and give him £1. it made me feel so good inside =) and he was reaaaally happy and going crazy..and i was like..aw..its like a pound. Ive never seen anyone so happy over being given a pound. bless. I didnt take his big issue..i told him to sell it to save it for someone else..i wouldnt have read it..so he had an extra thing to sell. lol.

I feel sooooo bad walking past them though. I only give money to people who are selling the big issue though. because i know they are probably actually genuine homeless people. Like, i saw this one guy, who was sat outside this shop in the middle of town, with a crappy old blanket over his legs and messup up t-shirt..and he was like...spare change? and i walked passed him, then turned around, and he stood up, with this like brand new like expensive white tracksuit bottoms and trainers on. and i was like, oh yeh, i think a homeless person would be able to afford that sorta clothing.

and as to whether its their fault they are homeless or not...i suppose its different for everyone really. I couldnt say whether i think it is or not because they all have different backgrounds and stuff soooo...
gerardxwaysxloverx-x
Killjoy
gerardxwaysxloverx-x
April 12th, 2007 at 01:48pm
i went to London for the weekend last year and as i was walking under a bridge i saw several people(all men) sleeping in sleeping bags and on mattresses.
it was disturbing and distressing to see them.
some people can get their either because they could have been deeply in dept or in some cases people who are gambling put in things like the deed to their house and it gets taken from them
Twilight
Bleeding on the Floor
Twilight
April 12th, 2007 at 10:20pm
My religion teacher told me he dislikes the homeless because really if they wanted a job they would try to do somehting about it.
I kinda agree because some of them have good qualities but they just give up.
But then again some are really stuck.
I don't give them money though.
M!ChA3L
Killjoy
M!ChA3L
April 14th, 2007 at 06:17am
Everyones had a bad time in life. You could have lost your house car and everything you own in a divorce a accident. But from what and who i know( alot of homeless lol) most of them choose to be homeless and actually have money. A homeless guy i know once said he likes how he can be free and do whatever he want and go anywhere without packing or notice. Alot of homeless are actually interesting they have amazing stories to tell and can be fun to hang around with. I think that they should do as they feel and if you lost everything and are homeless then the best bet would be a job for instance labor ready or ups wherehouse they hire just bout anybody for that I still cant beleive my bro in law works there he smokes drinks and was homless till he found my sis.
fun ghoul
In a Bullet's Embrace
fun ghoul
May 21st, 2007 at 12:03pm
i feel pitiful of all the beggars and homeless on roaming on the streets.
i think they got to that point 'cause of different misfortunes or something.
DegenerateHippie
Killjoy
DegenerateHippie
May 21st, 2007 at 04:16pm
i always feel bad for people without homes. but have you ever stopped to ask? i did once, i came upon a strange hippie. he was sitting on the corner, asking people for a cigarette. i asked why he didnt get a job, why he was begging on the street, no family, and no one to talk to.

he replied: "i have a home. the earth is my home. i dont like to work, and i have my dog to talk to."

that was the best answer i had ever heard to those questions. ( i asked many homeless people)
ilovegerardway2much
Jazz Hands
ilovegerardway2much
May 22nd, 2007 at 08:53pm
when i see people without a home, i think bad choices. and i dont feel sadness. i feel disappointment. they never tried in school, never went2 college, never did anything with their life and we ppl should not be @ fault for their foolish mistakes.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
May 22nd, 2007 at 09:01pm
^Actually, that's not always true.
For example, a lot of the homeless are veterans. They chose to serve their country - certainly noble and in most books a good choice. But with one thing or another, they often can't cope with life after serving in the military and end up homeless. Is that really their fault?
fxmous-lxst-words
Joining The Black Parade
fxmous-lxst-words
May 25th, 2007 at 11:32am
when i see homeless people, i either think they made bad choices, or something horrible happened to them and they don't have money to live.