Don't have an account? Create one!

The Homeless.

AuthorMessage
Helena and Hearts
Jazz Hands
Helena and Hearts
June 4th, 2007 at 12:24pm
i feel so bad for them, but maybe they should try.....i dont know.....GETTING A JOB !
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
June 4th, 2007 at 03:20pm
^Uh, maybe wait until you enter the workforce yourself before making judgments. It's not as though all homeless people are unmotivated. A fair few of them are victims of circumstances. Quite a large amount of them are veterans who fought for this country and were unable to cope with real life after returning from war. And it's not as easy as just "getting a job" Any sort of job your average homeless person would actually be able to get wouldn't come close to paying for an apartment, utilities, food, and clothing.
MarryMeBuryMeCarryMe
Joining The Black Parade
MarryMeBuryMeCarryMe
June 5th, 2007 at 03:04pm
Fezzik:
^Uh, maybe wait until you enter the workforce yourself before making judgments. It's not as though all homeless people are unmotivated. A fair few of them are victims of circumstances. Quite a large amount of them are veterans who fought for this country and were unable to cope with real life after returning from war. And it's not as easy as just "getting a job" Any sort of job your average homeless person would actually be able to get wouldn't come close to paying for an apartment, utilities, food, and clothing.

I agree 100%
Helena and Hearts
Jazz Hands
Helena and Hearts
June 5th, 2007 at 08:44pm
Fezzik:

i have a job!
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
June 5th, 2007 at 08:50pm
^And you live by yourself, support yourself? Pay rent, bills? For your own clothes, CD's, food? Unless you are lying about your age, I doubt that very much.
followill.
In The Murder Scene
followill.
July 5th, 2007 at 10:49am
I feel sorry for them, but I don't want to help them they should have listened in school then they wouldn't be so dumb Smile
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
July 5th, 2007 at 07:07pm
^Uh, what?
A fair majority of homeless people are victims of circumstance, not simply being dumb and not listening.
EMSEEAR
Killjoy
EMSEEAR
July 6th, 2007 at 11:40am
Human Wreckage xx:
how do you feel when you see someone without a home?

how do you think people get to that point?

how do you think they feel?

is it really their fault that they are homeless?

overall feelings on the homeless?

My sons mate was chucked out,he never told noone.It was only when he was found to be sleeping rough we knew.
He told us his mum and step dad said when each child turn 16 they have to go.
At first i thought he's wrong,but i spoke to his mum and step dad ,and they said it's true.So i quickly told them what i thought and stormed off.
The lad in question is quite upset and has poured his heart out about some other quite disturbing stuff,stuff that other childrens parents have talked about a few years ago.
The children hav'nt done nothing wrong as the mum and step dad have said,they said to me that they just "want the space.
As much as i did'nt know what to do ,i contacted the authorities.
xXDrop.The.DaggerXx
Killjoy
xXDrop.The.DaggerXx
July 6th, 2007 at 08:47pm
Alice666:
I feel sorry for them, but I don't want to help them they should have listened in school then they wouldn't be so dumb Smile

So are we to assume that you never have an attention lapse in school?
And as an afterthought I have never met a homeless person that was dumb. A fair few of them are rather intelligent, and were simply victims of circumstance.

As for getting help, it's not so simple is it? Around my neighborhood there are people that pose as homeless people. They stand out by the road with a cardboard sign, but they don't bother to change out of their Nike shoes or their $300 ski jackets. It's appalling to think that someone would want to take advantage of the sad plight of a group of people, but it does happen, and I think it stinks.
LifeOnStandby
Motor Baby
LifeOnStandby
July 10th, 2007 at 06:44pm
I always ask myself, does the government not react to certain predicaments becuase they're poor? The answer is simply yes.

I honestly think that next time a world event comes, rids people of their possessions, there could be serious uproars. The last thing USA needs is another Katrina. It'll happen, and when it does, I guarantee you that it won't be pretty.
xGerard Way is minex
Killjoy
xGerard Way is minex
July 11th, 2007 at 05:31pm
its realy real sad :@ :< Sad
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
July 11th, 2007 at 05:56pm
Alice666:

One of the things we were taught in my US History class--and this is by a staunch republican teacher--was that the way our economy works, there will always be poor people, and that many of them will be victims of circumstance. In order to have an obscenely rich upper class there needs to be an obscenely poor lower class,and intelligence rarely has a thing to do with it.
FuckinDinoRawr
Banned
FuckinDinoRawr
July 13th, 2007 at 04:22pm
I feel really bad for those who are homeless and are living in the streets begging for some money and trying to live off of spare change of other pedestrians.
Whenever a homeless person might ask me for some money, maybe a dollar bill or some change so they can buy some food, I'm usually broke so I feel guilty while walking away. The government should help them out, every homeless person has a reason why they're in the state they're in now and they made a huge mistake.
bring more knives.
Demolition Lover
bring more knives.
July 13th, 2007 at 09:02pm
FuckinDinoRawr:
I feel really bad for those who are homeless and are living in the streets begging for some money and trying to live off of spare change of other pedestrians.
Whenever a homeless person might ask me for some money, maybe a dollar bill or some change so they can buy some food, I'm usually broke so I feel guilty while walking away. The government should help them out, every homeless person has a reason why they're in the state they're in now and they made a huge mistake.

yes, i feel pretty much the same with you.
it's so wrong that some people have too much money, big houses, everything they'll ever need. and then, some people don't have home, and they just beg money at the streets and sleep where they can find 'nice' place to be. i don't like that thing at all. it's so unfair.
everytime i walk past person like that, it makes me feel so bad and i start to think how that person has become to situation like that. at some points it's their very own fault. they might have ended their school, and hadn't gotten job, started to drink.. and so on. and everytime they get money, they buy more something to drink. that's also one of the things which is so awful to see.
but what could i do? if i give a little money of my own, the person might get something to eat, or then drink.. and that's it. there just had to be someone who could help everyone out of that situation. because in this world is so much space and money to get everyone their own house. everyone needs home. and even though it might have been their own fault to be homeless, they still should be helped.
jace wayland.
Shotgun Sinner
jace wayland.
July 14th, 2007 at 01:32am
I feel bad when I see homeless people especially in winter. Beautiful Canadian winters. There are some days if you stay outside for more then 15 minutes with exposed skin you'll get frostbite. I freeze when we have to go outside for lunchbrake and this is with leggings, pants, socks, warm boots,layers of shirts, a warm jacket, hat, scarf and gloves. I stand their shaking with my friends.
Of course there are places where they could go to get shelter in the city but some are too embaressed to do it.
A thing that surprised me was my moms friend knew someone who was homeless. They actually wanted to be homeless they had enough money to get an apartment or even a small house but they didn't want one.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
July 14th, 2007 at 06:34am
Yeah, there are people who choose squatting as a lifestyle, I actually met a girl who spent like a year travelling and staying in different squats around the US.

username166
Killjoy
username166
November 18th, 2007 at 05:33am
I lived for 4 years on the streets from the age of 14 years old . I would go back to guys house’s for a bed for the night & food ..I eventually started working the streets and got involved heavily with drugs and alcohol (although no one would possibly think I have lead this life ) At times I feel like my whole life is a lie , It’s a secrete no one knows about not even my closest friends I surely know people would change there view of me . Its scary to live this lie and once you have been in the situation it is the hardest one to forget and move on from My experiences from being homeless have taught me to never judge others I was once a normal girl and then a drug addict and street worker I am back home with my family now living a normal life but I carry the deep dark secrete I have seen so much shit and durativity with in my life things that no body knows about , My biggest fear in my life right now is that my past will get out for one who as been there I can speak ive had take out cartons thrown at me ridiculed abused beated and had no one to turn to the streets are a evil place and you soon learn to trust no one least of all yourself , I have come across many people that have tried to help but I reality no one can help you only yourself , I myself do not give any money to beggars because the money you give will be spent on drink or go towards drugs the best thing you can do is buy some a hot drink and some food or a blanket BUT NOT give money
I have had many people offer help and I have stolen and been awful to them as you are used to people taking advantage you start to hurt people before they can help you
There’s nothing you can do there’s a breaking point for someone with me I was sat one night and this bolt of lightening thought hit me and I wanted to go home I wanted to be normal and walk in and have my mum making dinner for me I looked around and realised the filth I was living and my life at that point I got up and went home it is not easy and sometimes I wish I could be normal when am with my friends I feel a fake I carry this secrete around I feel ashamed I feel dirty I feel that I shouldn’t be around nice people as am nothing ,,,But I feel grateful for having a loving family and privileged because so many young woman on the streets never have the second chance of life that I have been given I believe a part of the street will always be with in me somewhere I trust no one and never will esp men all in all my experience as taught me to never take anything for granted and that things can always be worst no matter what
The upsetting thing is all these people male and female have once been someone there daughters and sons mothers and fathers sisters brothers they are not just some bum loser whatever happened to put them in there situation was bad but you can not f*ck up the rest of your life because some of it was bad
When people say there’s no help for the homeless there is am living proof but no one helped me I helped myself
Some people never find that fight with in them and its heartbreaking
To leave the street is the hardest thing in the world to leave the punishment you feel you deserve I was a underage street worker I slept in train stations I took class a drugs I was a nothing am still a nothing and I feel a fake I will never forget some of my exp to everyone around me am a normal gal who likes music wears too much eyeliner and loves gigs to myself am a fake am the girl that resorted to the most vile things in order to get her next fix I lied cheated and did the most disgraceful things in order to stay alive , No-one really knows anyone but the next time you see a girl or boy in the street think on this could be your best friend but never ever get involved like I say ,, To people who cry down and insult people in my old situation all id say is do you not think these people have enough to worry about with out hurtful comments from passer bys , ill never get over my predicament I have not ever had a normal relationship I have never done the things that most people have my teenage years I was selling myself and wondering where id next sleep the things I should of done I can never get back those’s years at times I struggle I have flash backs and find myself unable or willing to move on the hurt I have puit myself threw is easyer to cope with I stayed in my situation for so long because I was used to the hurt emotionally when am happy I feel like I shouldn’t be allowed to when am with nice people I feel guilty
It never leaves me .. Some people may cry me down for posting this reply but seriously next time you see some one whos homeless do not give money a smile a hot drink and a smoke will be a god send BELEAVE ME ,,, Much more then money

X
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 18th, 2007 at 06:10pm
how do you feel when you see someone without a home?I feel cold and picture myself in their shoes.

how do you think people get to that point?Family no longer wish to support them OR they're lazy to work

how do you think they feel?cold, lonely, HOMELESS!

is it really their fault that they are homeless?Depends

overall feelings on the homeless?Sad and cold
Girl Anachronism
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Girl Anachronism
November 18th, 2007 at 06:33pm
how do you feel when you see someone without a home? --- Afraid that at any moment that could happen to me or someone I know. Scared. Makes me think about my future and makes me work hard to achieve my goals so I don't end up like that.

how do you think people get to that point? --- Everyone in there family bites soap bubbles or something happened to them, lost a job, a wife/husband/family and just, didn't know what to do after words.

how do you think they feel? --- Alone, miserable, afraid, cold, and hungry.!

is it really their fault that they are homeless? --- Maybe, but at the same time, maybe not. There's this one guy in my town that PRETENDS to be homeless for a free ride and food. But really he has a pretty decent life. Nice house and job. You have to be able to tell apart the real homeless people from the fakers. I find it extremely sad that someone would do that, but.... people are crazy and selfish.

overall feelings on the homeless? --- That something more needs to be done so they are off the streets and not starving and turning to drugs/alcohol/suicide as their only escape.
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 18th, 2007 at 06:36pm
Does anyone agree that the country should help homeless people or do they?