Don't have an account? Create one!

Celebrity Gossip

AuthorMessage
Charlie The Unicorn
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Charlie The Unicorn
June 15th, 2007 at 08:43pm
Yes, people like celebrities. That's fine, if that's what they're into, but the paparrazi take it too far. Taking it to the point of following them in their cars is pretty ridiculous.
Personally, I'm sick of hearing about most of them. Half of them are nutcases anyway, so why would they think everyone wants to hear about them?
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
June 15th, 2007 at 10:54pm
I think that the paparazzi is pretty crazy, but your privacy is something you sacrifice when you become famous, and people have to realize that. If you plan on acting, or singning or whatever, you have to realize that with all that fame and fortune comes you face in a tabloid with nasty rumors as the headline. That's just how it is. It's not right that it has to be that way, but you just have to accept that the paparazzi will probably always be this way.
lady gaga.
Salute You in Your Grave
lady gaga.
June 16th, 2007 at 07:34pm
NotOkay22:
I think that the paparazzi is pretty crazy, but your privacy is something you sacrifice when you become famous, and people have to realize that. If you plan on acting, or singning or whatever, you have to realize that with all that fame and fortune comes you face in a tabloid with nasty rumors as the headline. That's just how it is. It's not right that it has to be that way, but you just have to accept that the paparazzi will probably always be this way.

exactly celebrities know exactly what they're getting into when they enter the buissness yes some gossip is unfair and the paprazzi do take it to far sometimes but thats what happens when you're famous
sailor emo
Killjoy
sailor emo
June 17th, 2007 at 03:28pm
Clebs need the paparatize-can't spell sorry-to exsist. I say clebraties not people.
Some, like Linsy lohan, crav for the fame. Big Borother contestants, strive for it.
There fake and plastic and i bet they've forgotton what they were in it for at the beginning.
Real pople-I hate the word clebraties there fake-,Like Johnny Depp, are still it for real reasons they love their job, their talent. They get pissed of when people photograph of them and their kids because it's not there job. Going on holiday isn't their job.
The Pap. can be really inconsidarate some times. like when River Pheonix died johnny depp closed his nightclub for two weeks in respect, some dick head went and tryed to take photographs of the club, jd chased him of with a plank. you can't say that he was in the rong!!!
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
June 18th, 2007 at 08:57am

the thing about celebs that gets me the most
is that they get all the attention
the news was drawing more attention to paris hilton
landing in jail
and failed to address certain issues in our community that matter
its generally about celebrites.

i hate how kids now think its cool to be in rehab
and how paris hilton and her little band of super skanks
are the rolemodels of little girls everywhre.

another thing.
people who wear "Free Paris" t shirts to me
are morons.
they know nothing about why shes there
they just want her to be free but none of them
have justified why they should "Free paris"

celebs are not above the law.
melodramatic fool
Salute You in Your Grave
melodramatic fool
June 18th, 2007 at 01:22pm
It's hard to say,on one hand it's an invasion of privacy and it sucks for the celebrities. Innocent bystanders could get hurt,or even the celebrities themselves (Princess Diana any0one?)
However,sometimes I feel the the people complain a bit a too much. If you really hate being photgraphed like that,maybe tone it down. Don't go out EVERY night,it's the price you have to pay for fame. And if you think it's too high,then leave.
But again,the paparazzi are getting out of control and the tabloid magazine lies are getting ridiculous.
xXDrop.The.DaggerXx
Killjoy
xXDrop.The.DaggerXx
June 19th, 2007 at 01:19am
I couldn't believe the other night that on the local news Paris Hilton's imprisonment took precidence over the death of five children in an apartment fire.

I hold nothing against celebrities, at least the ones that keep to themselves and lead almost normal lives. The celebs like Paris Hilton, or Lindsay Lohan, though, that act outrageously and break laws and endanger lives, and then expect special treatment... those celebrities irritate me to no end. What's worse is the fact that people actually pay attention to stuff like that. When Anna Nicole Smith died, yes, it was sad that she left behind a baby and her life was oh so difficult and whatnot. But the single woman with cancer and three kids who's living on the street corner and makes money selling fake cocaine because that's the only way she can get it is shoved to the back. Which one could use the help and the attention? We have fifty different magazines about which celebrity has the best style, but no magazines about giving warm clothes and coats you don't use to a charity that distributes them to the homeless. We have access to hundreds of articles on celebrity dieting, and what works and what doesn't, but we can probably only find one or two about what kind of food to send to the orphans in Africa that are starving to death and are so skinny you can count their ribs and vertebrae.

We are so focused on what pants Tom Cruise wore while jumping on Oprah's couch, or what Britney Spears could possibly have been thinking all these years, that we have lost track of what's important. It's pathetic that Paris Hilton is more important on our news than the trading of women as slaves in parts of the world, or the fact that insugents are strapping suicide bombs to nine-year-old children. Perhaps it's time for the celebrities to stop driving while intoxicated or jumping on Oprah's couch or trying to shove their heinus beliefs down the throats of everyone else and start drawing attention to things that actually mean something.

I apologize for the rant, but if I hear one more story about Tom Cruise or Britney Spears I am going to smash their heads together...
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
June 24th, 2007 at 03:44pm
Celebrities is always gonne be there. I don't even care. People say "OMG they should just leave paris alone, there's biggest issues to be concerned about" without realising that they'r spending a lot more time ranting on bout that, than actually concerning themselves over the real issues. So whatever.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
June 24th, 2007 at 03:50pm
Haha, my hate for celebrity gossip and my love for Paris Hilton make this a very touchy topic for me
If I was famous *ehem..WHEN I am famous* the last thing I want would be a bunch of creepy 40 year old men stalking me and telling fake stories about me. No one deserves that. I don't understand how America eats it up so vulgarly! It's like..*insert celebrity's name here's* wedding is more important then the enviorment or the bodycount in Iraq.

What a laugh >_>

And just on a personal level, people's lives have been ruined thanks to America's need to drool over these lives.
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
June 24th, 2007 at 03:54pm
America's? You ppl don't release that celebrities is famous all over the world right?
Man I hate that American Idiot song. DOn't you guys get it? America isn't ruled by the media... america is the media!
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
June 24th, 2007 at 04:32pm
I understand it's an epidemic, but im not very concered with the rest of the world. I live in America, so im going to discuss the issue on my own soil.
I think that song is very on target myself.
dee dee ramone.
Always Born a Crime
dee dee ramone.
June 24th, 2007 at 04:35pm
No idea what you mean.[to sparklinggrey]

My opinion is that whether we like it or not, celebrities and the paparazzi and all that is pretty much here to stay. Countless magazines would go out of business if the paparazzi didn't follow celebrities around and snap them. I mean, look at the covers of any magazines like Heat or something, there's bound to be a celeb on the cover who's "anorexic" or "self-harming" or "cheating on her boyfriend" etc, etc.
There's nothing we can do about it.
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
June 24th, 2007 at 05:08pm
Sorry, what I meant is: America is the media cause... everyone around the world watches Hollywood movies. We dress the way our stars dress, do the things they do, sing with them bout stuff from their daily lives... Hollywood is in America isn't it? Oprah is the most famous chat show in the world. WE, here in Africa, ppl in Asia, everywhere watches Oprah. You won't get it I'm sure, my english is to bad for me to try and explain. And this might be a might off-topic. But the world really tries to follow Hollywood - Americans
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
June 24th, 2007 at 07:28pm
sparklinggrey:
Sorry, what I meant is: America is the media cause... everyone around the world watches Hollywood movies. We dress the way our stars dress, do the things they do, sing with them bout stuff from their daily lives... Hollywood is in America isn't it? Oprah is the most famous chat show in the world. WE, here in Africa, ppl in Asia, everywhere watches Oprah. You won't get it I'm sure, my english is to bad for me to try and explain. And this might be a might off-topic. But the world really tries to follow Hollywood - Americans
I think what you're trying to talk about is the influences that famous people have on everyone everywhere. Like what Oprah thinks is affecting people all the way over in Asia and what dress Jessica Alba wears to the Fantastic Four premiere is adored by people all over the world and in countless magazines, when really, what someone who's famous in Hollywood wears shouldn't really matter.

And, yes, Hollywood is in America..
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
June 25th, 2007 at 01:15pm
^ Yeah. You said it. But my point is, that for example Oprah and her opinion that's affecting people, and Jessica Alba... Oprah and jessica is American. I'm know more bout America and clubs in Hollywood than I know bout my own country. America is all we see on TV, in the movies, in the tabloids. Celebrities are out there promoting the US. Do you know how many South Africans go to the US to visit stuff they saw in the movies? For example, one of my friends recently went to LA and just had to stop by the Ivy to take some pics... celebrities are mostly American, and they promote LA by just simply living their lifes. It might be a little off-topic, but think about it. Atleast theyr doing something good
dear matthew
Joining The Black Parade
dear matthew
June 25th, 2007 at 01:25pm
to all the people who are against it, bringing celebrities into this is just making the situation worse ;]
HU4L
Jazz Hands
HU4L
June 28th, 2007 at 12:07pm
honestly if the celebrity doesnt want the camera there then they should respect that. Also i find it so MEAN AND CARELESS that the pavarattzzi(spell) take pictures of the celebs kids. thats not nesseserry(i cant spell).
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
June 29th, 2007 at 01:07pm
I think it's one of the things that makes celebs so crazy. I mean there must be a reason why some of them don't eat, drink too much, or don't act like "normal" people. One of the reasons is how rich they are and another is that people judge them for everything they do. Plus the paraprazzi are probably just annoying.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
July 16th, 2007 at 08:58am
The Cameras Lying:
honestly if the celebrity doesnt want the camera there then they should respect that. Also i find it so MEAN AND CARELESS that the pavarattzzi(spell) take pictures of the celebs kids. thats not nesseserry(i cant spell).

I do agree with the celebrities kids part , they didnt ask for the celebrity tag, however, the parents did , they knew what they were getting themselves in for
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
June 7th, 2009 at 03:14pm
I resurrected this old topic because it seemed to better belong in here rather than the "Privacy of Photos on the Internet" thread as it is not really just about photos. If the mods disagree, please accept my apologies in advance.

Neil Gaiman linked his followers on twitter to this rant, which I personally think that this fanbase in particular really needs to see and absorb. The stalkerism that I have seen since following this band has shocked and dismayed me to no end. Of course I was already aware that the paparrazzi overstep their bounds and that anyone can have a random obsessive fan, but I the sense of entitlement I have seen displayed here (and by here, I in no way refer only to INO, which I do tell people is, for the most part, chockful of some very decent people, but more of the collective fanbase here) has left me ashamed to call myself a "fan" of anything anymore.

I don't know how far reading this very well-written rant will go toward curbing that ridiculous attitude that quite a sizable number of people seem to have (and that band has in the nicest way possible suggested isn't healthy,) but I'm willing to try!

And then there's this well-written piece on the subject by Trent Reznor.