Don't have an account? Create one!

What is the weirdest reaction you've gotten from someone for liking MCR?

AuthorMessage
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
April 3rd, 2007 at 05:03pm
*shakes head at homophobia*
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
April 3rd, 2007 at 05:04pm
Rosey203:
Friend: So whats your favorite band?
Me: My Chemical Romance
Friend: OMG, are you like a goth or something? Do you slit your wrists?

Rolling Eyes

Thats the average reaction I get from every other person in my class.

Same here. Also, one time I was listening to my iPod, and a kid from the back of bus said "whatcha listening to?", and I said "My Chemical Romace." and he was like "They them grungers, int they, and they guy with the white hair" I just got off the bus and walked the rest of the way home.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
April 3rd, 2007 at 05:08pm
I was wearing a MCR t-shirt in Target. Never again.

I was mindin' my own business looking at the video games and then this 11 or 12 year old came up to me and was all "OMG MCR I LUV MCR DON'T YOU THINK GERARD IS HOT?". I was thinking "Just smile, nod, and run". I walked away to go look at the bedding and stuff and behold, she comes up after about 5 minutes of me looking at the bedding (it was pretty and purple and she disturbed me *gaps*) and goes "I love MCR and I love thier new album, especially the song WTTBP". I smiled again, and walked away. Left and went to the Kohl's that was next door. It was either that or the wine store.
Bonne.Idee
Joining The Black Parade
Bonne.Idee
April 3rd, 2007 at 05:14pm
me: hi, I'm Hannah
Daniella: hey im Daniella, nice hoody, btw
me: I love MCR, they're like, my life
Daniella: me too, i have them on my mp3
me: wat songs?
her: black parade
me: that it?
her: yeah, i dont have any others

few days later
me: gerard's died his hair black
her: wow.
Me; finally back to black, eh?
her: *confused face*

next day
her: i saw an mcr video on the tv today, and i know you said that gerard has black hair now, but whoa his hair grew quick!
me: *blank face*

... ha ha, shes so teenie its funny
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
April 3rd, 2007 at 05:18pm
FreakShowForever:
me: hi, I'm Hannah
Daniella: hey im Daniella, nice hoody, btw
me: I love MCR, they're like, my life
Daniella: me too, i have them on my mp3
me: wat songs?
her: black parade
me: that it?
her: yeah, i dont have any others

few days later
me: gerard's died his hair black
her: wow.
Me; finally back to black, eh?
her: *confused face*

next day
her: i saw an mcr video on the tv today, and i know you said that gerard has black hair now, but whoa his hair grew quick!
me: *blank face*

... ha ha, shes so teenie its funny

Hahahahaha. You know when something is so funny, you laugh about it in your sleep, and even next week. That is one of those moments.
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
April 3rd, 2007 at 05:19pm
Teachers give me weird looks cos all of my school stuff is somehow something to do with MCR. Chavs call me emo, slitter and MCR freak. But oh well, MCR rock, and they suck.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
April 3rd, 2007 at 08:02pm
My friends must be pretty cool...my friend Alex was like "yeah, I like 'em" But his fav band is Nightwish. Another friend kinda likes them, too. People are pussies. There is nothing scary about this band.Rolling Eyes
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
April 3rd, 2007 at 08:04pm
Of course, I don't wear my fandom on my sleeve. I might get some slack f I started wearing MCR shirts and stuff. I've always wanted one..but I don't know wear to go besides Hot Topic, which I don't wanna go in.
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
April 3rd, 2007 at 08:07pm
WHAT??? why?
are you like scared of Hot Topic? If you are,

*shakes head at teenie*

lols.
just messing
It's really not all that scary.
trunk_of_ammunition
Jazz Hands
trunk_of_ammunition
April 3rd, 2007 at 09:08pm
okay...just because someone got into mcr since TBP doesnt necessarily mean that he/she is a poser/teenie, nor does it mean that they like mcr any less. I got in to mcr since tbp myself, and believe me when I say i am OBSESSEDDD...it's just that i respected their music enough to go back and listen to revenge, and even further into bullets...i'm not gonna lie, bullets was the record that got me completelyyy obsessed.
but people who only know like two songs by them, usually WTTBP and i'm not okay. those are ,most def posers...
and those dudes who only like gerard for his sexiness. totally teenies. they should all go kill themselves. Smile
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
April 3rd, 2007 at 09:41pm
GerardForPresident:
WHAT??? why?
are you like scared of Hot Topic? If you are,

*shakes head at teenie*

lols.
just messing
It's really not all that scary.
not scared...that's as bad as being scared of MCR. It's just not my kinda store.
chloeiscrazy
Killjoy
chloeiscrazy
April 3rd, 2007 at 10:34pm
probably... "omg they SUCK why do you like them?"
snagicous
Jazz Hands
snagicous
April 4th, 2007 at 12:45am
Let's see if I can remember...

1st Conversation--
Male: What's your favorite band?
Me: My Chemical Romance
Male: Don't they have that video with that dancing lady in it?
Me: Yup. That's Helena
Male: My Chemical Romance is GAY!
Me: THEY'RE NOT GAY!
Male: THEY WEAR MAKE-UP!
2nd Conversation--
Male: What are you listening to?
Me: Welcome to the Black Parade
Male: Isn't that the one with the guy with white hair?
Me: -nods-
[Just because I think MCR should be known more than their hair. I haven't had any bizarre encounters recently]
3rd Conversation--
Me (reading): ...As Ray sneaks away with Gilmore Girls...
Female: Gilmore Girls? I love Gilmore Girls! Ray's a fag!

I think that if you're just passionate about a song or few, and they mean a lot to you, I think you could like them. But to love a band would mean as a whole; not just a song or two. People just have to choose their words carefully. For example, I really love The Fray's two singles [Over My Head & How to Save A Life]; but I wouldn't call myself a fan; I'd phrase so it shows, definitely, I just love those two songs but don't consider myself a fan of the band so I wouldn't offend the person.
And, yeah, it sucks that some people give the new fans a bad name because I myself got into MCR through Welcome to the Black Parade released as a radio edit through iTunes; just a bit earlier; despite seeing Helena and I'm Not Okay in the summer of '04.
I try to be nice to the teenies, though. Even though they're trying to fit in the scene, or be cool, or whatever is their motive to pose, I'd prove them wrong and try not to be all high and mighty, even though I'd probably have the right to do so.
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
April 4th, 2007 at 09:04am
Davy Jones:
This is just really obnoxious...

Me: Do you like MCR?
Kid: No, all the guys in that band are BI!! "disgusted"
Me: No they're not. Even if they were, what's wrong with that?
Kid: IT'S GAY

What's with kids these days?!! You know what the first impression my 7 year old cousin got when she saw the video for the black parade? She saw Gerard in the black uniform and said, "They're gay..." on the first few seconds of the video... ( I got annoyed that I didn't allow her to play on the gamecube. Was that harsh though?)
EDIT: Although my other cousin thinks they're funny from the INO video but she doesn't like rock overall...
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
April 4th, 2007 at 09:14am
<raising her hand> TBP was the initial hook for me too, but like you guys, I did my homework first before declaring myself a solid fan. There are plenty of bands out there where I loved an album or two by them, but not their entire body of work. So, by our definition, I am not a fan of those bands but simply a fan of those albums.

MCR, however, I was surprised (and elated!) to discover, have a really nice body of work and I don't hate any of it. I have favorite songs from all 3 albums AND favorite B-sides too. I find the guys to be interesting, intelligent and believable in their interviews, which is another thing I look for when deciding if I really dig a band or not.

And, as I point out to everyone who wants to raz me about it - I didn't even notice they were cute at first. That realization dawned on me slowly, so no way was that the initial attraction for me.

Conclusion: when it comes to MCR fandom status, I am the real deal, despite the fact that I haven't put in the years that some of you have. And this, I agree, is how we should judge all new fans. Case in point: my son's best friend, who is in his own right extremely musically knowledgeable, downloaded TBP, Venom and Honey just to check them out because he was familiar with INO and Helena and now wants me to burn him my Bullets so he can learn more. This person you educate - he's no teenie!
vicious.
Bulletproof Heart
vicious.
April 4th, 2007 at 04:27pm
^ ^ same for me...i didnt fall in loooove with the band because i thought they were hot...i loved and still love the music. (i didnt even know what they looked like for the longest time....) them being hot is just a little added bonus :]
amandakc91
Killjoy
amandakc91
April 4th, 2007 at 04:36pm
havent really had a wierd one but my mate was just like "i despise mcr" and i just froze.....that was like the biggest shock ever.... Razz
amandakc91
Killjoy
amandakc91
April 4th, 2007 at 04:47pm
unless i count the time i was watchin famous last words on mtv and i was like "yay! mcr!" and then my sis came in, looked at gerard and said "wow. he's disgusting". that was crazy....
vicious.
Bulletproof Heart
vicious.
April 4th, 2007 at 04:49pm
amandakc91:
unless i count the time i was watchin famous last words on mtv and i was like "yay! mcr!" and then my sis came in, looked at gerard and said "wow. he's disgusting". that was crazy....

i think i just died a little....... Crying or Very sad
amandakc91
Killjoy
amandakc91
April 4th, 2007 at 04:57pm
yeh i no. i fell off my chair. nd she's just like "wats wrong wif u?"
aaaaah. shes insane.....