Don't have an account? Create one!

What is the weirdest reaction you've gotten from someone for liking MCR?

AuthorMessage
vicious.
Bulletproof Heart
vicious.
April 2nd, 2007 at 10:36pm
* i didnt no Mikeys bipolar, my uncle is*
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
April 2nd, 2007 at 10:52pm
CheekBones:

I get that loads . My cousin lives with me, and she calls MCR 'the gays on your wall'. as in, she enters my room, and goes: 'Oh god, the gays on the wall are still here. Why don't you like James Morrison?'
She got it from my aunt on the other side of the family...don't even get me started on what she's like. And my parents don't like me talking to other MCR fans before or after concerts. James Morrison fans, though, would probably be fine.

Pwa ha ha! Now that IS funny - talk about psycho scary stuff! Jim Morrison makes Gerard look like Martha Stewart (he was damn hot though - no question)
mirarle
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mirarle
April 3rd, 2007 at 03:07am
ME: I love MCR--they're one of my top bands!
Person who's working with me on a project: Aren't they like, emo? Depressed and shit?
Me: Say that again and I'll fail this project
Person: I NEED the grade!
Me: Well I don't
Person: Fine, they're NOT emo
Me: And thus, I have won, again.

And different variations of that...

My Aunt: You don't look like you like rock music!
ME: *force smile*

Hm, I don't get too much hostility usually, just mostly, "You don't look like you'd be a fan!?"
That's because I'm not an emo scene girl that most poeple associate MCR with. 9_9

But then again, MCR was voted one of the top 10 artists for the year 2005-2006 (before TBP...) school year in my HS (I just found out), I wouldn't expect too much hate I guess.
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
April 3rd, 2007 at 03:10am
You should see my friend's faces, its priceless!!! This is what happens when you keep in thoughts about music for 7 years...
chemical_girl16
Killjoy
chemical_girl16
April 3rd, 2007 at 03:48am
Dad: so show me your fav. band but first tell me their name
Me: My Chemical Romance
Dad: What?You're in love?
Me: NO!!That's the name of the band
Dad: ohh.....
*Puts the song I don't love you*
Dad: wow they are emo
Me: .......*in shock*
Dad:can i see a video?
Me: sure *puts i'm not okay video*
Dad: are you sure they aren't drugs addicted
Me: *in a big shock*
i couldn't say anything at that
Shatterwall
Motor Baby
Shatterwall
April 3rd, 2007 at 06:45am
xXPathetic.HeroineXx:
GerardForPresident:
XxMyBrutalRomancexX:

Me - *opens folder to reveal MCR pic*
Girl next to me - OMG I LOVE THEM!!!!
Me - Rolling Eyes Suuure......
Girl - *points to Gerard* HES SO HAWT!!! *points to Frank *Isnt he his brother?
Me - Shocked lmfao

Very Happy that's about what I get.

I was wearing my new MCR shirt (white w/ the little skeleton guys! YAYZ!)
and this kid braden was all like Man! MCR IS THE SHIZ!
And I'm all like thinking *teenie*
I go: so name like, 3 songs you know by them.
He's all: Welcome to the Black Parade, Famous Last Words, Helena
ME: What about I'm Not Okay?
HIM: Eh, It's ok I guess.
Me: can't say anything cuz my jaw's practically on the floor in shock.
Then I say: fine, what are they're 3 cds?
Him: LIKE I KNOW

disgusting.
stupid teenies. Shocked

Something similar happened to me a while ago.
This girl, whom I really don't like, saw me wearing my bran new MCR t-shirt.
The one with a bunch of cartoon skeleton people on it.
Anyways, she comes up to me and is like "OH MY GOD I LOVE MCR".
I looked at her, then I looked at my best friend kayla who was wearing her Fall Out Boy t-shirt.
She looked at Kayla and said "I LOVE FALL OUT BOY TOO!"
We both rose our eye brows and said "Name 5 songs by them and the album they came from."
she was completely silent.
I laughed at her.
Then I named all of the songs they did and what albums they were from.
Then, I sang a couple of songs for her.
She was pretty damn annoyed.
Never tell a major MCR fan you love them, and you can't even name 5 of there songs.
xD

Sorry to pyramid quote, but why is there so much snobbery between MCR fans? So what if someone only just got into the band. So what if someone only likes the band because of TBP. So what if they only know a couple of songs. Who cares? The point is, they're all spending money on MCR which enables them to do a show like TBP tour they're doing right now. They need all the fans they can get. So if someone doesn't know them all that well, instead of laughing at them and calling them teenies (because MCR are against bullying right?) why dont you point them in the direction of their previous albums or offer to share some of your MCR knowledge with them. You might make a new friend and MCR get another fan, instead of pushing them away.

In short, grow up and learn to accept people as they are.
Bayonetta.
Bleeding on the Floor
Bayonetta.
April 3rd, 2007 at 07:55am
Ugh. I've gotten some pretty bad responses. The majority of people at my school are like "Omgz i hart Welcum Tooh Teh Black Paradeee!!11!11onelolz!"

Some girl: *Reading MCR quotes in my school diary* Oh is that the Jared guy from My Chemical Romance?
Me: Uh... yeah. His name is Gerard by the way. ¬_¬
Some girl: Whatever. I don't really think he's hot.
Me: Thats nice, i don't really care. But personally i think he is sex on legs, thankyou very much.
Some girl: He's emo like you so you guys suit eachother. *Turns away*
Me: ¬_¬ *Is trying not to kill her with my mind*

When people call them emo and won't listen to my many reason how they aren't emo i just say "I don't give a fuck about your opinion but if i ever do i'll let ya know. STFU now. :D"
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
April 3rd, 2007 at 08:49am
shatterwall:
xXPathetic.HeroineXx:
GerardForPresident:
XxMyBrutalRomancexX:

Me - Shocked lmfao

disgusting.
stupid teenies. Shocked

I looked at her, then I looked at my best friend kayla who was wearing her Fall Out Boy t-shirt.
We both rose our eye brows and said "Name 5 songs by them and the album they came from."
I laughed at her.
Never tell a major MCR fan you love them, and you can't even name 5 of there songs.
xD

Sorry to pyramid quote, but why is there so much snobbery between MCR fans? So what if someone only just got into the band. So what if someone only likes the band because of TBP. So what if they only know a couple of songs. Who cares? The point is, they're all spending money on MCR which enables them to do a show like TBP tour they're doing right now. They need all the fans they can get. So if someone doesn't know them all that well, instead of laughing at them and calling them teenies (because MCR are against bullying right?) why dont you point them in the direction of their previous albums or offer to share some of your MCR knowledge with them. You might make a new friend and MCR get another fan, instead of pushing them away.

Yeah, but they need to try harder and actually learn more about the band before calling themselves fans. I actually got into them with "The Black Parade". When I first got into MCR, I thought Gerard was fug and so was the rest of the band(that's obviously changed!!In Love. Image had nothing to do with it. But I actually took the time to learn about the bands past work (I bought "Bullets" before I bought "Cheers"...imagine that!ShockedRolling Eyes). Now, my passion for the band is up there with some of the oldest supporters, no doubt about it. There are a lot of band's who have quite a few songs I like but I would never call myself a fan. If you like a few songs, just say that. Don't come up to me and be like "Oh, well I'm a fan...", and you know, like, three songs. That's bullshit. I'll shut you down. Just go listen to some older songs...it's not that hard. You can talk to me, then. Wow...I just ranted on and on. Sorry.
selfish machine.
Always Born a Crime
selfish machine.
April 3rd, 2007 at 09:10am
xPhantomsX_ForeverXx:
shatterwall:
xXPathetic.HeroineXx:
GerardForPresident:
XxMyBrutalRomancexX:

Me - Shocked lmfao

disgusting.
stupid teenies. Shocked

I laughed at her.
xD

Yeah, but they need to try harder and actually learn more about the band before calling themselves fans. I actually got into them with "The Black Parade". When I first got into MCR, I thought Gerard was fug and so was the rest of the band(that's obviously changed!!In Love. Image had nothing to do with it. But I actually took the time to learn about the bands past work (I bought "Bullets" before I bought "Cheers"...imagine that!ShockedRolling Eyes). Now, my passion for the band is up there with some of the oldest supporters, no doubt about it. There are a lot of band's who have quite a few songs I like but I would never call myself a fan. If you like a few songs, just say that. Don't come up to me and be like "Oh, well I'm a fan...", and you know, like, three songs. That's bullshit. I'll shut you down. Just go listen to some older songs...it's not that hard. You can talk to me, then. Wow...I just ranted on and on. Sorry.

I think you can be a fan of MCR without knowing EVERY song they've EVER done.
I mean, what's the quota of songs you have to know before you can call yourself a fan? There'll always be songs a band does that you may not particularly like, but if you like other songs, you can still be a fan.
I think that made more sense in my mind.
o.o
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
April 3rd, 2007 at 09:25am
They have 3 albums. If you can't bother to look up 3 albums...you're not a fan.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
April 3rd, 2007 at 09:27am
Hmmm this is an interesting discussion, and all of you have made some very valid points. I agree with Shatterwall that if a person comes to you interested in learning more about the band, you should help them to do so. However, I also agree with Phantoms that if you ARE interested in the band, you should try to learn more about them. That's what I did too (subsequently having to put up with abuse from everyone I know "Um, aren't you going a little overboard with this?" "Oh my God you bought ANOTHER magazine just because they were in it?" "These cds and things cost MONEY you know" etc.) And you're right too, Brooke, that you don't have to be a walking encyclopedia in order to call yourself a fan (there are plenty of bands I say I like but I don't know all their stuff) but maybe you can't do so in the company of those who are clearly more into the band then you? If that makes sense? I mean; I would never post on, say, the Linkin Park MB as if I were one of them, because I'm not. When I first started posting here, I basically just introduced myself, asked some questions and read a lot. I didn't really contribute knowledge until I actually had some. Sorry for rambling - I hope you guys got me.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
April 3rd, 2007 at 09:56am
kevethisis4u:
Hmmm this is an interesting discussion, and all of you have made some very valid points. I agree with Shatterwall that if a person comes to you interested in learning more about the band, you should help them to do so. However, I also agree with Phantoms that if you ARE interested in the band, you should try to learn more about them. That's what I did too (subsequently having to put up with abuse from everyone I know "Um, aren't you going a little overboard with this?" "Oh my God you bought ANOTHER magazine just because they were in it?" "These cds and things cost MONEY you know" etc.) And you're right too, Brooke, that you don't have to be a walking encyclopedia in order to call yourself a fan (there are plenty of bands I say I like but I don't know all their stuff) but maybe you can't do so in the company of those who are clearly more into the band then you? If that makes sense? I mean; I would never post on, say, the Linkin Park MB as if I were one of them, because I'm not. When I first started posting here, I basically just introduced myself, asked some questions and read a lot. I didn't really contribute knowledge until I actually had some. Sorry for rambling - I hope you guys got me.
that's the way to do it.
xXxRachelxXx
Joining The Black Parade
xXxRachelxXx
April 3rd, 2007 at 12:41pm
shatterwall:
xXxRachelxXx:

GARLIC BREAD! Shocked

lol. Put big light on!

You on that tinternet yet?
James Euringer
Bleeding on the Floor
James Euringer
April 3rd, 2007 at 02:46pm
Okay, listen hear and tell me what you think of it. I'll give you sum info though first. my dad is a stick in the mud and hates on all my bands. My background image on the comp is MCR. And there is a million pop ups. But as I get to the last one my dad comes by and looks at the screen. And what does he see? My Chemical Romance pics everywhere! and what does he say?
"OH my gawd! a bunch of fags. that's why your grades are so low and your failing life!"
and he says this everyday!

can you believe it? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
vicious.
Bulletproof Heart
vicious.
April 3rd, 2007 at 02:51pm
^ ^ what is up with that?
The Doctor
Salute You in Your Grave
The Doctor
April 3rd, 2007 at 03:03pm
I mostly get "Oh, do you want Gerards babies? You do know he's gay right?" and when I say no they're like, "What about the guitarist?"

It's like, I can't fucking listen to a band with all guys without someone thinking I want to fuck them. It's disgusting.
selfish machine.
Always Born a Crime
selfish machine.
April 3rd, 2007 at 03:17pm
Chemical-x-Star:
I mostly get "Oh, do you want Gerards babies? You do know he's gay right?" and when I say no they're like, "What about the guitarist?"

It's like, I can't fucking listen to a band with all guys without someone thinking I want to fuck them. It's disgusting.

That reminds me of how one of my friends acts when I talk about MCR.
She's always like, "Well, you know the lead singer is gay, right?"
And I'm like "For number one, he's NOT gay, and even if he was, I wouldn't care. I would still listen to the music anyway."
Then she continues rambling about how everyone else in the entire band is gay, and how I shouldn't listen to their music because none of them are "cute" and they're all "fags."
>.<
Not much of a "friend", eh?
Skittle Bitch
Jazz Hands
Skittle Bitch
April 3rd, 2007 at 04:04pm
here's mine. it's not as good as the others but yeah.

Me: I seriously love the My Chemical Romance Black Parade CD. It's amazing and you should buy it.
Friend (guy): My Chemical Romance sucks.
Me: No they don't. I didn't like their old cds and I like their new one so obviously they are good.
Friend: All new wave music sucks.
Me: Have you even heard "Welcome to the Black Parade"?
Friend: No. *laughs*

oy he sits next to me in history and he is quite annoying with his musical tastes sometimes. i think he tries to make me mad on purpose. Rolling Eyes
Skittle Bitch
Jazz Hands
Skittle Bitch
April 3rd, 2007 at 04:12pm
and btw i do know the other two cds that mcr did. Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge and I Brought you my bullets, You brought me your love

and i do plan on getting three cheers soon. i don't consider myself i true mcr fan. i don't go up to people and go "omg i love MCR!!!" i hate those kinds of people. so not all ppl who started liking mcr bcuz of black parade are bad.
Easter Davy
Motor Baby
Easter Davy
April 3rd, 2007 at 04:44pm
This is just really obnoxious...

Me: Do you like MCR?
Kid: No, all the guys in that band are BI!! "disgusted"
Me: No they're not. Even if they were, what's wrong with that?
Kid: IT'S GAY