Don't have an account? Create one!

what makes MCR better then other bands?

AuthorMessage
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
May 19th, 2007 at 02:06pm
Everything said in every post above me.

EDIT: PAGE CLAIM! I SHALST NAME IT...HELENA! (that's pronounced hel-ai-na not hel-en-a, get it right people!)
EatMyOvaries
Shotgun Sinner
EatMyOvaries
May 19th, 2007 at 02:31pm
i like the fact that they bring out my inner demon BWHAHAHAA!!!!
especially when i went to see there concert and i sounded like emily rose when they told me to scream Razz
EatMyOvaries
Shotgun Sinner
EatMyOvaries
May 19th, 2007 at 02:32pm
for crying out loud,we almost started a moshpit on the section where ur supposed to sit in the chairs! the mosh only lasted for about 3 min. or so....lol
Stoked13
Fabulous Killjoy
Stoked13
May 22nd, 2007 at 06:56pm
Their music is not just music, it is also words. The lyrics of their songs have helped save peoples lives. I haven't heard of any other bands that helped save peoples lives.

Also............. They seem like they are sweet and that they are true to who they are unlike all those other bands that just try to fit in.
Egyptian_Blue
Killjoy
Egyptian_Blue
May 22nd, 2007 at 07:30pm
I love how they aren't afraid to say what the feel. They aren't fake at all, but very, very real. They sing about real problems, not how happy everyone is.
fxmous-lxst-words
Joining The Black Parade
fxmous-lxst-words
May 22nd, 2007 at 07:36pm
i agree w/ everyone else, especially that they aren't in it for the fame. also because if you look back to when they were younger (like in high school), people probably thought they were the least likely to be this looked up to by so many people, and look at them now. Very Happy
yellow
Joining The Black Parade
yellow
May 23rd, 2007 at 05:19am
one reason why i love mcr is because their music actually has a concept not just like all those other artists that sing about how they broke up with their partner i love how they use metaphors and how their music has an element of fantasy it makes me feel like im listening to a rock opera like with the song vampires will never hurt you vampires is a metaphor for our society and i find that so deep instead of songs being so straight forward
rebel-in-black
Killjoy
rebel-in-black
July 5th, 2007 at 11:24pm
like how they can make somthing so diffrent sound so beautiful. the fact that they friggin save lives
DESTROYA
Salute You in Your Grave
DESTROYA
July 6th, 2007 at 10:28am
the fact that theyre not afraid to be different and their music has meaning
Meeshell
Awake and Unafraid
Meeshell
July 6th, 2007 at 11:35am
EVERYTHING In Love
EMSEEAR
Killjoy
EMSEEAR
July 6th, 2007 at 11:50am
MCR are "better" than other bands because-
Their level of tallent is far more superior
They are musically "sound"
Their outlook on life is superb

And now for the not so important stuff like-
Their looks
Their fashion statement

And one thing i have noticed -
Their fans are among the nicest bunch you could EVER wish to meet.
glitter geek.
Shotgun Sinner
glitter geek.
July 6th, 2007 at 12:12pm
They're not any different than other bands.

They are people who make music.

Nothing at all.
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
July 6th, 2007 at 01:06pm
i disagree with Le Sex.
They're unique because they've been through problems we can relate to and they're not afraid to show it. it comes through in songs and interviews. they also have quite mixture of different genres of music the way their albums progress aand what not.

oh and they're fucking amaze x]
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
July 6th, 2007 at 03:00pm
Ray has a lot of talent as a guitarist (listening to one of his guitar solos in Thank You for the Venom right now.)
Gerard's voice is amazing.
Bob's drumming is awesome.
And they all seem to be very intellegent people, they never say things that make me cringe because they were so idiotic like some bands.
hyukjae
Fabulous Killjoy
hyukjae
July 6th, 2007 at 03:03pm
Everybody looks at them in a different way. Every single fan has a different reason for liking them. For some people, they have saved lives. For others, they are a voice. They speak for their fans. Gerard makes the lyrics as raw and as down-to-earth as possible without even trying, because they're honest. Some people don't get it, and others do. I think that's what makes them brilliant.
Veeolin
Jazz Hands
Veeolin
July 6th, 2007 at 03:42pm
Despite all the stupidity they're being compared to, MCR has a unique sound. They have a theatrical element.

I don't think they changed for the media ( aka: not "selling out" ) after signing to a major label or after becoming mainstream. Or when they couldn't book shows because they didn't look or sound like the other bands.

You can relate to their lyrics and they have a great message. (The whole "life saving" thing)

They're all amazing musicians.

They care about their fans.

Some of their, what would I call them, uh...morals? Similar to their message, but you know, like against homophobia, and the whole anti rock n' roll groupies thing. And the teenies thing.

None of their albums or songs sound the same. They aren't just repeating the same style again and again.
jacxqueline deathbed
Jazz Hands
jacxqueline deathbed
July 6th, 2007 at 04:04pm
They have such a good message
and they want to fight evil with music
and they kept people alive
jacxqueline deathbed
Jazz Hands
jacxqueline deathbed
July 6th, 2007 at 04:04pm
They have such a good message