Don't have an account? Create one!

what makes MCR better then other bands?

AuthorMessage
selfish machine.
Always Born a Crime
selfish machine.
May 15th, 2007 at 06:01pm
"If for one minute you think you're better than a sixteen year old girl in a Green Day t-shirt, you are sorely mistaken. Remember the first time you went to a show and saw your favorite band. You wore their shirt, and sang every word. You didn't know anything about scene politics, haircuts, or what was cool. All you knew was that this music made you feel different from anyone you shared a locker with. Someone finally understood you. This is what music is about."
-Gerard Way

That quote explains it perfectly.
Easy Mac
In The Murder Scene
Easy Mac
May 15th, 2007 at 07:25pm
X.murder_magician.X:
Everything. Lol. But yeah, thier lyrics, connection with their fans, and great album vision make them standout to me.

lol everything
Quinn Allman
Salute You in Your Grave
Quinn Allman
May 15th, 2007 at 07:28pm
It's all a matter of opinion.

MCR is my favorite band along with The Used. [Can't choose]

For me, it's who they are. The music. How it affects me.
I adore them so much for who they are.

So it's all one big package of amazingness Smile
rockonbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rockonbaby
May 15th, 2007 at 09:56pm
They don't have groupies, which many bands do. Gerard is very outspoken about his respect for the females. Almost all their songs are just Epic. The dudes are so fcking adorable, witty, silly, sincere, smart, full of talent, etc.
VampireCupcake
Bleeding on the Floor
VampireCupcake
May 15th, 2007 at 10:02pm
They're more daring than other bands.
They never wanted to do it for the money or fame.
Their lyrics are unique and amazing.
They don't care what other people or bands think about them.
There is no one else like them.
And so many other reasons...
In Love
F'n'stein xo
Salute You in Your Grave
F'n'stein xo
May 16th, 2007 at 01:45am
Another thing is they pour out their hearts and energy to every performance. Injuried or sick, they' still try to put on the best show ever. They never want to disppointed their fans. They appericated their fans and what fans do for them. My chem is one talented band. They have a great singer/songwriter, two great guitarist that uses their music influences into their parts, one bad-ass drummer and a hardcore bassist. And they don't write songs to be singles as most bands do. Others bands do intend to because they have the ability to chose what song they want to release as a single in which my chem aviod in their contract.
Amanda Young
Bleeding on the Floor
Amanda Young
May 16th, 2007 at 05:50am
I think what makes them betta is the that they are the most entertaining, orignal, have such great music and such nice guys too, I luv this band much more than any other. They are also daring, don't care what others think and I like how they can change their image and it really works Smile XXX
BloodWay
Fabulous Killjoy
BloodWay
May 16th, 2007 at 08:16am
These Bloody Hills;;:
"If for one minute you think you're better than a sixteen year old girl in a Green Day t-shirt, you are sorely mistaken. Remember the first time you went to a show and saw your favorite band. You wore their shirt, and sang every word. You didn't know anything about scene politics, haircuts, or what was cool. All you knew was that this music made you feel different from anyone you shared a locker with. Someone finally understood you. This is what music is about."
-Gerard Way

That quote explains it perfectly.

Gerard said it true. I agree.
I think their every words that they said make them better than other bands,Their mind are real punk.
Fall Awake
Really Not Okay
Fall Awake
May 16th, 2007 at 08:52am
They take risks..and a lot of bands wouldnt do that incase their fans dont like it, or undertstand
They are not afriad to be different, they are way more visual than any other band..such as the costumes, and the sets at shows, make-up.
They are very spontaneous, and they suprise us all the time. with their sound, image..its entertaining
They explore different styles of music...and they always pull it off, its music that we can relate to...
They are so down to earth, and send a possitive message to their fans!
and so wise everything that comes out of thier mouth seems to make perfect sense!!
oo_mitch05_oo
Killjoy
oo_mitch05_oo
May 16th, 2007 at 10:29am
i think MCR has a unique perspective in music and they have really good intensions in making music.
patrick wolf
Salute You in Your Grave
patrick wolf
May 18th, 2007 at 03:03am
well, im doing a project on MCR for school, and one of the questions is "what makes them popular?"
its all the reasons everyone gave up there, right?
but i didnt know they were popular. most pple at my school hate them. o_O
xxxdarkangelxxx
Fabulous Killjoy
xxxdarkangelxxx
May 18th, 2007 at 05:18am
MCR is definitely better than other bands...i mean, look at them!
some of them are hot, gee's voice is so good, frankie's so cute, ray
has very excellent guitar skills, bob's drumming skills are cool, and Mikey's
a good bassist...everybody should love MCR!they beat hell, right in the face! MCR kicks other bands' asses!!!
xxkatiexx
Killjoy
xxkatiexx
May 18th, 2007 at 06:01am
Ummm... I think loads of peeps have already said this, but their music is sooo unique, I owe them my life...
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 18th, 2007 at 11:32am
I feel like I'm writing one of my killer essays that used to save my ass on tests back in school LMAO

What makes MCR better than other bands? I would've said different, not better, because although they are currently my favorite band, I don't necessarily think they're better than everyone else. Unique would've been more my choice of words. Anyway...

What makes MCR different from other bands? For starters, they're down to earth. They date normal-looking, non-celebrity people. They admit that they're dorks and are not afraid to show us their weaknesses. They never talk down to their fans or insult them, and they're always brutally honest in their interviews (Yes they are! Don't start in with me about Eliza / Kat again!) They always have a positive message and never behave like hypocrites. They're intelligent. And they all have wicked senses of humour and mouths like sailors, which I also appreciate, as a lifelong New Yorker.

Gerard's voice is unique - strong, emotional, meditative. His lyrics are so off-the-cuff, and as a poet, I appreciate that. Ray and Frank have such great chemistry, and Bob is one of the most awesome drummers I've heard in a long time. Mikey is such an original - who else would have the balls to go onstage with a punk band sporting huge glasses and a chocolate brown forward fall? LMAO

The music is heavy, yet solemn, tricky yet simple. They are musically knowledgeable, and I appreciate that too - who wants to hear from somebody who only knows one genre or refuses to admit that anyone around longer than fifteen years could be an influence?

What else can I say? Who else would have me contemplating fangirl-like behavior (i.e. hanging around after the show hoping for a convo, a photo, or even a hug) - something I have never done for anybody before?
LameIsWhatIAimFor
Bleeding on the Floor
LameIsWhatIAimFor
May 18th, 2007 at 03:58pm
Um nothing...I know why I like them better than some bands but that's all subjective. I think they have an interesting sound that isn't like much else right now and I love the way Gerard uses and twists words in his lyrics
WeAreTheBlackParade
Joining The Black Parade
WeAreTheBlackParade
May 18th, 2007 at 05:35pm
I can listen to their records a million times a day and get the same feeling of when i heard them for the first time in my room blasting my speakers with my parents telling me to turn it down. I can listen to other bands' cds a few times all the way through then put it in my iPod with the rest of my songs. My Chem has worked their way to my heart and I don't really know how to explain it much further...

-Ellie : D!!!
avenge_your_ghost
Killjoy
avenge_your_ghost
May 19th, 2007 at 10:44am
it is that there music is awesome and you can relate to them
i must be emo.
Joining The Black Parade
i must be emo.
May 19th, 2007 at 10:46am
the lyrics have depth and meaning.
S!NNER.
Salute You in Your Grave
S!NNER.
May 19th, 2007 at 11:00am
Everything petaining to them! Like 'emo' said, the lyrics are meaningful and deep and they have a lot of musical talent. But most of all, they're so cute!
Leo
Awake and Unafraid
Leo
May 19th, 2007 at 11:06am
there purpose....other bands probably dont wanna save lives like they do...there songs mean sumthin