Don't have an account? Create one!

MCR being compared to Simple Plan and GC

AuthorMessage
black magic woman.
Salute You in Your Grave
black magic woman.
May 16th, 2007 at 05:44am
I don't think they sound similar...if you compare all three of them...I think it's completely different...
patrick wolf
Salute You in Your Grave
patrick wolf
May 16th, 2007 at 08:41am
i dont get it. . . they sound totally different. . .
oo_mitch05_oo
Killjoy
oo_mitch05_oo
May 16th, 2007 at 10:21am
what! MCR is very different from GC and SP. MCR sounds waaaaaaaay better than those two.
addictedto_mychem
Joining The Black Parade
addictedto_mychem
May 16th, 2007 at 11:26am
Venom Dried Bones.:
I don't really get why SP and GC got termed "wannabe punk." It's more watered down rock, although I think GC is a bit higher on the chain than SP. Either way, MCR has always been an amazing band with lots of energy. They've been doing it for 6 years and are still going strong, I don't see any signs of them slowing down. Just because their sound is a bit different than when they first started, doesn't mean they will become anything like other bands.

Well maybe the term 'wannabe punk' isn't the right term for it. I couldn't think of anything else at the time I was posting lol anyway, I agree with everyone on here. MCR has a hell of a lot of energy. And they're SOOOO much better than SP and GC though one of my friends would disagree lol.
EdwardCullenIsLove
Fabulous Killjoy
EdwardCullenIsLove
May 16th, 2007 at 11:29am
That's just completely ridiculous!
MCR are probably THE most original band out there and they don't sound anything like those wannabes! That guy should grow some ears and a taste in decent music.
addictedto_mychem
Joining The Black Parade
addictedto_mychem
May 16th, 2007 at 11:33am
Amen to that. He's such a know-it-all type of person. He always thinks that he's right and it bugs the crap out of me. He'll argue anything. I said I worked a lot last week cause I worked a nearly 50 hour week and he was like, 'well I worked more than that, I Didn't have one spare moment of free time and I worked almost 40 hours and I did this, and I did that... blah blah.." and I was just like, OMGSHUTTHEFUCKUP!!! lol seriously...

Anyways kudos to everyone of you. MCR fans are the best.
My_Ethiena_Toes
Fabulous Killjoy
My_Ethiena_Toes
May 16th, 2007 at 11:35am
Well, to be honest...
Imagine you are somebody else, who listens only to grunge or metal (just an example) and now hears about this pop rock bands, My Chemical Romance, Simple Plan or whatever. To them it is the same genre of music, and to be honest, it kinda is...
To us, fans it's obvious there is a total diffrence, but to other pepole it's just plain pop (and hell yeah, of course MCR is way better than SP or GC)
Well, that's just my point of view, now you can kill me for that xD
addictedto_mychem
Joining The Black Parade
addictedto_mychem
May 16th, 2007 at 11:38am
Evelyn666_romance:
Well, to be honest...
Imagine you are somebody else, who listens only to grunge or metal (just an example) and now hears about this pop rock bands, My Chemical Romance, Simple Plan or whatever. To them it is the same genre of music, and to be honest, it kinda is...
To us, fans it's obvious there is a total diffrence, but to other pepole it's just plain pop (and hell yeah, of course MCR is way better than SP or GC)
Well, that's just my point of view, now you can kill me for that xD

Wait? So are you saying that MCR is pop? If that's the case, then thats' not true. They're not "pop" at all. But anyways I guess I can sort of see what you're saying on someone elses' point of view. But I will say it again and again, MCR is better than both of those bands put together and a fucking half.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 16th, 2007 at 11:48am
My son's eyes popped out of his head when I told him this one - MCR doesn't sound ANYTHING like Simple Plan. If you're going to make sweeping generalizations about a genre of music, at least select people in the same stratosphere (The Used, Aiden, Chevelle, any one of those comparisons would have been fair enough, but Simple Plan???)

The comment about TBP not sounding like MCR was stupid too - who else does it sound like then? Has no other band in the history of the universe ever experimented with sound or influences before? Even so, you can clearly tell it's them.
i must be emo.
Joining The Black Parade
i must be emo.
May 16th, 2007 at 11:51am
thats pretty retarded.
when me and my friend Rylie mention mcr, my other supposed "friend" (she hates me, i hate her more, but she pretends to like me) always rolls her eyes.
it gets pretty effin irritating.
...was that off-topic?

FXCK.

anyway, yeah, people always compare mcr to other bands.
theyre not other bands.
they sounds nothing like simple plan.
are you serious?
and yeah, now that tbp has hit mainstream, people think theyre just another GC.
not true.
i must be emo.
Joining The Black Parade
i must be emo.
May 16th, 2007 at 11:52am
and to join in with what everyone else is saying:

GROW SOME EARS FOR GODS SAKE!
My_Ethiena_Toes
Fabulous Killjoy
My_Ethiena_Toes
May 16th, 2007 at 12:03pm
Of course they are better than Simple Plan or GC, I am not saying that they are not. But just to other pepole it does sound like the same genre. If you never before listened to these bands and are not really into this kind off music, you will add them to the same genre.
If MCR has pop in it, we can argue for moths. But even Gerard say's
"....agresive, dangerous pop...". And afterall, it's just my opinion.
lyrical_mess
Joining The Black Parade
lyrical_mess
May 16th, 2007 at 12:34pm
I don't think they sound like GC at all. The lyrics are different, the vocal style is waaaay different and even the intrumentals sound nothing alike. I think there's the tiniest bit of resemblence for one or two songs on Chronicles of Life and Death, but not so much that its noticeable or so much that they can be compared. I'm not going to say one is better than the other. It's apples and oranges. I just prefer MCR (apples).
angelique
Killjoy
angelique
May 16th, 2007 at 01:48pm
they are not alike at all

but you have to admit that SP sounds closer to their cd's when they perform live. it was just a bit lower, you know pierre's voice but it's damn close and sounds good.

when gerard sings live he can't pull off most of the songs.

mcr and sp both have great energy on stage

i like mcr
i like sp

i don't care about gc

i like anthem and the river though

but i still don't care about gc
addictedto_mychem
Joining The Black Parade
addictedto_mychem
May 16th, 2007 at 01:59pm
All I'm saying is - its not real fair to compare MCR to SP or GC. They sound absolutely NOTHING like either of those bands. all 3 bands are different but SP And GC are Pop rock, not MCR. That's the point I'm trying to make.

And yes, he does need better hearing. But I think he just has selective hearing because like I said before, he's a know-it-all.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 16th, 2007 at 02:58pm
I don't agree that Gerard can't pull off the songs live. I think it depends on what kind of night he's having, and how long they've been on the road. I've heard both Janis Joplin and Freddie Mercury have off-nights. Just sayin' - he sounded pretty damn good when I saw them.
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
May 16th, 2007 at 06:04pm
Very Happy!

Is this a joke?
[they're nothing alike, never have been, never will be so tell the hater to stfu, k?]
addictedto_mychem
Joining The Black Parade
addictedto_mychem
May 16th, 2007 at 06:18pm
lol. Yeah I wish it was a joke..
Quinn.
Bleeding on the Floor
Quinn.
May 16th, 2007 at 06:25pm
ahh people can think what they want.
but those 3 bands sounds nohting alike.

so i dont know what the dudes on about.

i love MCR and SP.
two fav bands of mine.
GC...meh. they lost me awhile ago. still like them but..yer.

MCR and SP are 10000000000000 times better live.
thats what i rekn anyways.
x Plastic Hearts.
Joining The Black Parade
x Plastic Hearts.
May 16th, 2007 at 06:26pm
I'm not suprised, because MCR is in the mainstream, there's going to be millions of these kinds of comments from people who know shit.

But GC and Simple Plan? ha.

Edit: But I do have to admit, for people who just known them from when WTTBP came out, they are going to put them into that category because in all honestly TBP is definetly more pop compared to bullets and revenge